Photo

My 1St Cynosure Multiplex Affirm Laser Done Today

icepick laser fraxel

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 collegeboy84

collegeboy84

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 13 October 2011 - 05:38 PM

I literally just got home from my Dermatologist's office a few hours ago after having my 1st of 6 Multiplex laser treatments completed for icepick scarring, enlarged pores, and wrinkles/aged skin. I asked my dermatologist about Fraxel and he said they have better results with their newest machine, Cynosure Affirm Multiplex, less downtime, and can safely be done on any skin type. My doctor is on a short list of "America's Greatest Doctors" and was voted this years California's "Top Doc" so I take his word at face value. He has helped with my acne in the past so I do feel rather comfortable with his establishment here in Sacramento.

** I'd also like to add my Derm's Colleague (she is the one who operated the laser)said she had the Multiplex done on herself as well and I must say.... her skin is so flawless, and I'd guess she was in her 30s possibly early 40s?

My afternoon went a little something like this.... they had me wash my face with cetaphil, then they brought me into the photo room to have pictures taken from 3 different angles. Then my Dermatologist led me back into the laser room and they had me lay out on the operating table. She used rubbing alcohol to remove any excess oils and then it began. She did 2 passes of Multiplex on my entire face. 1 side was iced while the other side of my face was being lasered. After the procedure they iced my face an additional 15 min to prevent any blistering.

The laser feels like a needle briefly poking my skin or a small electrical shock to my skin. The pain is definitely managable, in fact, the ice on my face hurt more. My skin was rather red with 1 inch dots all over my face and it could easily pass as a sunburn. For the next hour or 2 my face still felt a tad bit burnt and it still felt like little needles were prickling my face. I would compare it to sleeping on your arm until its numb and waking up... once that blood flows through your arm you get that weird needles poking you feeling, thats how I felt for the 1st hr or so after the procedure. If definitely feels like my collagen is at work.

They say the 1st noticeable effects will take place about 30 days after the procedure and the scars,pores and wrinkles will continue to close up to 12 months after the last treatment. With that being said, I don't notice much of a difference 2 hours after my 1st treatment but my pores do look more closed up. However that could just be from having Ice on my face for the last 30 min and my cheeks are a little swelled from the laser.

They said my skin reacted quite well to the laser, which is a good thing because I am half asian and half white. I don't think my skin falls under any category of the Fitzpatrick scale. I have naturally very,very, light skin, but my skin does absorb light very easily which turns me into a dark tan in the summer working outdoors. I'd also like to add that my face some what tan as summer just ended and yet it was still safe to have the Multiplex laser done to me.

They charge 200 USD for half face/2 passes/ 1 session. 400 USD full face. 900 USD for full face/3 sessions. They recommended I go with only half face during the consultation but at the last minute I decided to go with the full face and they said they will still only charge me for half face price. I go in for session 2 in 3 weeks. I'll keep you posted .

#2 collegeboy84

collegeboy84

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 14 October 2011 - 09:47 PM

Last night after my Laser treatment I went to sleep completely covered in red poke-a-dots ALL over my entire face. I thought for sure I will have to call in sick for work tomorrow to avoid any embarrassment. To my surprise I woke up and my face was back to normal. Don't notice much improvement in my skin as of day2, though my pores do look smaller. /shrugs

#3 waitingforacure

waitingforacure

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 October 2011 - 10:00 PM

gl bro it sounds like it will work..wish u the best!!

#4 thegivingtree

thegivingtree

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 October 2011 - 12:48 AM

Let us know how it works out! What kind of laser is this and how does it work?

#5 unbreakable1

unbreakable1

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 17
About Me

Posted 15 October 2011 - 05:29 AM

Hope it works well :)

#6 collegeboy84

collegeboy84

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 15 October 2011 - 01:51 PM

Let us know how it works out! What kind of laser is this and how does it work?

Thanks all! To answer your question my Doctor described it to me as "tricking your skin into thinking it is injured to produce large amounts of Collagen III by heating several layers of the dermis but keeping the top layer intact." Unlike Fraxel which literally burns off the top layer of skin from what I understand.

http://marketing.cyn...rm_Product_Page

It is 2 different lasers being used simultaneously, which 2 lasers I'm not really sure. Maybe somebody else could explain it a little better.

#7 collegeboy84

collegeboy84

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 04 November 2011 - 12:03 PM

Today I had my 2nd Affirm Multiplex laser treatment. They increased the settings but overall a pleasant experience. They say you will see the initial results after the 2 month mark and the results continue to improve for a year after the 6th treatment. I initially did not think I seen much improvement since my 1st laser ( 3 weeks ago), but they showed me before and after pictures of my acne scarring on my cheeks and they did actually fill in more then I would have expected this early. I can
't really tell since I stare at my face everyday.

My face is pretty red right now with poka-dots all over my face like before, but I expect them to be gone by tomorrow morning. I go back for my 3rd treatment in 4 weeks. I'll keep you guys posted.

#8 collegeboy84

collegeboy84

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 07 November 2011 - 09:23 PM

It has been 3-4 days since my 2nd procedure and after the swelling/redness subsided 24-48 hours my skin looks a whole lot better. The doctor bumped the settings up a notch. My icepick scars on my cheekbones are definitely becoming my shallow and enclosed. My enlarged pores are starting to disappear. Real improvement, not just looking good under good lightning but even at the worst of angles with the sun hitting at just that right position my face is starting to look more smooth! My derm mentioned that results usually don't appear til after week 8 of the FIRST procedure and will continue to improve 12 months after the SIXTH procedure. I'm @ day 23~24ish from my 1st procedure and already see real results. Then again, i'm young, eat extremely healthy, hydrate, don't smoke or drink... I'm sure all that must help my body produce my collagen quicker then say a 50 year old , drinking, smoking laser patient. Treatment 3 in 24 days! I'll keep you posted.

#9 whatjathink

whatjathink

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 December 2011 - 09:07 AM

Just reading about this is getting me excited. Congrats man, glad to hear you're making progress. I too am trying to get rid of enlarged/scarred pores and small ice pick scars on my cheeks. They're stubborn as hell, I feel your pain. Really hope to get an update from you after your next treatment, I'm seriously considering this an option at the moment but I'm not gonna get my hopes up yet and see how your experience with it turns out. I've honestly never heard of this laser before I stumbled upon your post, I'm gonna have to do some research and see if I can find someone who offers it in my area. Good luck with your next treatment!

#10 DRaGZ

DRaGZ

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 13
About Me

Posted 01 December 2011 - 07:52 PM

Congrats dude! I'm undergoing Lux 1540 right now, hope I get results as good as yours!