Photo

I'm Sooo Depressed Because Of My Acne!

acne depression guilt shame

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
88 replies to this topic

#41 jaydeec

jaydeec

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 23 April 2012 - 02:43 AM

@margox i'm sorry to hear about all the b.s you've been going through. As someone else said just know that there will be a light at the end of the tunnel. Good for you..for seeing the psych btw, the meds will help stabilize your moods. We all have days where we feel like absolute s**t and days where we feel good. Take the time to do something for yourself, as small as it may be, treat yourself to something nice. I know it's hard to bring yourself to leave the house or stay upbeat but sometimes the smallest things can make a difference. stay positive and keep us updated on how things are going for you :)

#42 JohnMsh

JohnMsh

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 April 2012 - 01:21 AM

heh.... people....

I like myself.... I like everything about my self....

I just dont like people.... those people.....I feel like pulling out my eyes when i see them... when they make fun of me... I feel like pulling out there eyes....

#43 MgX

MgX

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 56
About Me

Achievements

Posted 26 April 2012 - 02:18 AM

@margox i'm sorry to hear about all the b.s you've been going through. As someone else said just know that there will be a light at the end of the tunnel. Good for you..for seeing the psych btw, the meds will help stabilize your moods. We all have days where we feel like absolute s**t and days where we feel good. Take the time to do something for yourself, as small as it may be, treat yourself to something nice. I know it's hard to bring yourself to leave the house or stay upbeat but sometimes the smallest things can make a difference. stay positive and keep us updated on how things are going for you Posted Image

...thanks a lot........ been feeling okay lately and been keeping busy doing stuff..hahaha...... still... ACNE go away..... (nearing my 2nd month on Accutane)

And there will come a time, you'll see, with no more tears.....

#44 MgX

MgX

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 05 May 2012 - 04:45 AM

went out and didn't give a damn when people looked at me......also because my hypomanic phase kicked in..... i nearly got a body piercing out of impulse earlier....... good thing i brought my medication with me......it's been a wierd day....and now i'm sooooo tired.... i feel like sleeping the whole day today and tomorrow......zzzzzzzzzz

#45 Phoenixtaco

Phoenixtaco

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 May 2012 - 08:20 PM

I am 12 years old and dealing with this problem. I just found out about dermatillamania or whatever it is called a few minutes ago. I have had this problem for about a year and I am very confused on what to do. I like a guy at school (I'm a girl of course) and I feel like I don't have a chance at him liking me until I clear up my face. This whole "I have a mental issue" is very new to me. I don't have horrible depression but I understand you. I am not allowed to try proactive or any kind of acne medication and I look in he mirror every day to search for pimples . When I find something that looks like a pimple i pick it. And I have always had a habit of picking my scabs. So I have very little idea of what to do. I want to tell my mom I think I have dermatillamania or whatever but I am scared she will judge me. I want to tell my friends but i am scared that they will judge me and think less of me. I just want them to go away. I cry a lot. I am scared. I am thinking about doing the 30 day challenge except for with 2 months but I have a giant mirror in my bathroom and I like to straighten my hair daily. Please help or gI've suggestions.

#46 MgX

MgX

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 13 May 2012 - 02:50 AM

............i did it...... i got an ear piercing (out on impusle)..... i was just out walking around town and saw a sign saying (we do ear piercing)...so i went in and bammmm...
Pierce

....and today i can't help myself looking at these pictures.....

finn the human is soooo adorable.....

I am 12 years old and dealing with this problem. I just found out about dermatillamania or whatever it is called a few minutes ago. I have had this problem for about a year and I am very confused on what to do. I like a guy at school (I'm a girl of course) and I feel like I don't have a chance at him liking me until I clear up my face. This whole "I have a mental issue" is very new to me. I don't have horrible depression but I understand you. I am not allowed to try proactive or any kind of acne medication and I look in he mirror every day to search for pimples . When I find something that looks like a pimple i pick it. And I have always had a habit of picking my scabs. So I have very little idea of what to do. I want to tell my mom I think I have dermatillamania or whatever but I am scared she will judge me. I want to tell my friends but i am scared that they will judge me and think less of me. I just want them to go away. I cry a lot. I am scared. I am thinking about doing the 30 day challenge except for with 2 months but I have a giant mirror in my bathroom and I like to straighten my hair daily. Please help or gI've suggestions.

.....i'm not an expert on mental illness although i have my fair share of knowledge about it and since i have bipolar II,,, i read like crazy about it...... all i can say is
#1..... try to not pick at your skin... (it really helps) avoid looking at mirrors, wash with cold water if your face feels itchy and it'll also help close the pores
#2..... try to find someone you can reallly talk to, someone you can trust, someone who will not judge you whatever you feel and think (as for me this site really helped a lot when i was in a place when i can't talk to my family, relatives, friends to the point where i've isolated myself, i don't even call, or send messages to my friends coz i was afraid of all the things that they will say, i avoided family gatherings or any social occasions... i'm still in that situation although now i have been talking to a few family and relatives who also urged me to see a Psychiatrist, and would you believe it took me more than a year to do that)
#3..... if you're realllly concerned about it to the point that you're already obssessing and that's the only thing on your mind, seek prefesional/medical help....if you can't at the moment, find websites where you can find genuine knowledge about these stuff...... you'd also be surprised that there are a lot of people who feels the same way you do on this site... acne.org has really been my refuge, it has been my home when i was in my dark place and it still is now......i feel like i am closer to the people i exchange messages with here than in real life.........
#4..last but not the least... Hope and Pray.... we all need it!!!!!!!

hope you'll find what you're looking/searching for..................................... KEEP FAITH........ just send me messages anytime....sooo i hope to hear from you soon ok?.... Posted Image:

PS oh yeah.... and don't put on any make up.........(i think i might also have developed a phobia on cosmetic stuff haha)!!!!!!

Edited by margox, 13 May 2012 - 02:53 AM.

#47 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 10
About Me

Achievements

Posted 13 May 2012 - 05:18 PM

Margox, you are so brave to put your struggles out there. If you say nothing positive about yourself, say this, you are honest, brave, true and a poet......lol. Someone earlier mentioned an end in sight and i do believe that to be true. It may be sooner or later but everything in life has a beginning and an end. Be kind to yourself, think kind thoughts about yourself and know that having acne is NOT your fault. What meds are you on BTW. I think i will continue to follow this log because you definitely are an inspiration to me and others.

Keep your head held hi hun, good things await you in life!

It's a rocky road but like everything else in life, there is always a beginning and an end.  Here's to finding my end.

God is good to me..........more than I deserve.

James 1:2-4

Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have its perfect result, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

#48 MgX

MgX

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 14 May 2012 - 02:08 AM

Margox, you are so brave to put your struggles out there. If you say nothing positive about yourself, say this, you are honest, brave, true and a poet......lol. Someone earlier mentioned an end in sight and i do believe that to be true. It may be sooner or later but everything in life has a beginning and an end. Be kind to yourself, think kind thoughts about yourself and know that having acne is NOT your fault. What meds are you on BTW. I think i will continue to follow this log because you definitely are an inspiration to me and others.

sasch12 thank you sooo soo much.... even though i have been feeling crappy today, reading your message made me feel good!!!!!
i am currently taking my 3rd dose of my modified accutane course and i'm on my second month of Isotretinoin treatment...... also went back to my psychiatrist yesterday to deliver the series of blood test results which are all normal thank God.....and i'm gonna have to continue taking anti-depressants and lithium (nearing 1month now since i was diagnosed with Bipolar II)...sooo that's that for having ACNE..........still going to continue fighting and living...there might still be bad days ahead but i believe everything will change for the better.........
again thank you sooo much...... hope we can keep in touch... we might not know each other personally but i feel like i've known you for long as well as the rest of my friends here in this site.........

#49 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 10
About Me

Achievements

Posted 15 May 2012 - 05:51 PM

sasch12 thank you sooo soo much.... even though i have been feeling crappy today, reading your message made me feel good!!!!!
i am currently taking my 3rd dose of my modified accutane course and i'm on my second month of Isotretinoin treatment...... also went back to my psychiatrist yesterday to deliver the series of blood test results which are all normal thank God.....and i'm gonna have to continue taking anti-depressants and lithium (nearing 1month now since i was diagnosed with Bipolar II)...sooo that's that for having ACNE..........still going to continue fighting and living...there might still be bad days ahead but i believe everything will change for the better.........
again thank you sooo much...... hope we can keep in touch... we might not know each other personally but i feel like i've known you for long as well as the rest of my friends here in this site.........

You will get through this, i promise. I definitely echo your sentiment regarding the support we all feel from the org. Definitely feel free to pm me if you ever want to vent, talk, yell....whatever.....Lord knows i have had to do that many a times. I am glad that you are getting your emotional well being under control and pretty soon, your skin will follow. You are a beautiful person inside and out and it shows.

I will definitely keep in touch!

It's a rocky road but like everything else in life, there is always a beginning and an end.  Here's to finding my end.

God is good to me..........more than I deserve.

James 1:2-4

Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have its perfect result, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

#50 MgX

MgX

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 16 May 2012 - 05:45 AM

.......just had my medication refilled today...haven't started taking them and i'm already feeling tired........

living with ACNE+ Bipolar sucks........... bouts of unstoppable crying session again last night.... :(....... i have got to STOP watching UP!

#51 MgX

MgX

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 17 May 2012 - 04:46 PM

. Uuuggghhhh I feel like hell..... I don't mind living alone stranded in an island right now......... I feel really crappy today......

You will get through this, i promise. I definitely echo your sentiment regarding the support we all feel from the org. Definitely feel free to pm me if you ever want to vent, talk, yell....whatever.....Lord knows i have had to do that many a times. I am glad that you are getting your emotional well being under control and pretty soon, your skin will follow. You are a beautiful person inside and out and it shows.

I will definitely keep in touch!

#52 MgX

MgX

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 04 June 2012 - 04:18 AM

pictures taken yesterday June 3, 2012....

aarrrrggghhh.... still thinks it looks better in pictures than in real life......

June 3, 2012 Right

June 3, 2012 Left

June 3, 2012 Front

#53 MgX

MgX

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 18 June 2012 - 10:47 PM

.....why do i still feel like crap??????? a lot of red darkened marks on my face......... i hate my face right now..... ):

#54 MgX

MgX

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:14 AM

.....why do i still feel like crap??????? a lot of red darkened marks on my face......... i hate my face right now..... ):

#55 tiwi

tiwi

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:52 AM

believe me! sometimes i felt what u feel too.. i hate acne , i hate my face, i really envy to see my bestfriend's baby soft face skin :( i hate when friends, fams, mom in law, even my 6 yrs old niece comments about how terrible my face , it's a very hard struggle i know! :) chin up! we are all struggling together! there is always a hope! stay positive! one day my mom ever said to me like this (which is make sense i think) , "dont be too stressed out about your acne, it will just make it getting worst, relaxx and try to think another thing ,dont focus on it!" when she said that ,i was like how can i dont think about it ,how can i not stress out , its so embarassing .,but sometimes i think about my mom's statement, yeah ,if i was too stressed out ,then it will make acne got worse! :) So, Cheers up girls~

#56 MgX

MgX

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 19 June 2012 - 09:19 PM

believe me! sometimes i felt what u feel too.. i hate acne , i hate my face, i really envy to see my bestfriend's baby soft face skin Posted Image i hate when friends, fams, mom in law, even my 6 yrs old niece comments about how terrible my face , it's a very hard struggle i know! Posted Image chin up! we are all struggling together! there is always a hope! stay positive! one day my mom ever said to me like this (which is make sense i think) , "dont be too stressed out about your acne, it will just make it getting worst, relaxx and try to think another thing ,dont focus on it!" when she said that ,i was like how can i dont think about it ,how can i not stress out , its so embarassing .,but sometimes i think about my mom's statement, yeah ,if i was too stressed out ,then it will make acne got worse! Posted Image So, Cheers up girls~

....yep....you're right............hahaha

#57 MgX

MgX

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 11 July 2012 - 10:06 PM

......so...... I'm extending my vacation here in SG for a month, and the thing is i didn't bring my 5th dose of accutane... I messaged my derm and asked if whether i could skip this month then just continue as soon as i fly back home, or to find accutane here...... I was already freaking' out, coz idk what would happen if i missed my dose and fortunately my doctor said it's ok..... As long as i completed my over all dosage...he agreed with my the former option, and then i'm just gonna have to extend another month since i would be skipping my 5th.....

Whew.......just hoping my face won't go crazy s&@: while im off accutane! god help us all!

#58 Syn1122

Syn1122

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 July 2012 - 03:20 PM

i had that for the longest time i got fraxel at a lower setting that cleared it up, the redness blotchy ness, but then 2nd i went back they amp up the setting that left me with some pretty horrible scaring ;/

dunno if youre feeling depress due to accutane becareful Posted Image

#59 MgX

MgX

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 15 July 2012 - 10:48 AM

....zits popping out....aarrrgghhh crazy crazy crazy s&@; face!............. Whatever though........ Have to avoid freaking out coz i might Flip!!!!!...ooh and mirrors!

#60 allrighty

allrighty

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:36 PM

Hang in there okay and remember you have everyone at Acne.org for support to help you get through this.