vitamin vitamins

6 replies to this topic

#1 vapor1

vapor1

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 October 2011 - 07:27 PM

Acne diets are generally hard to get enough calories just from fruits, veggies, and fish, while most nuts have too much omega 6. I just discovered macadamias, which contain less than 2g of o6 per cup while also providing 900 calories (almost half daily requirement) and quite a bit of protein as well as other vitamins/minerals. I am going to start eating these more. Also, it's good to get dry roasted instead of oil roasted
Clear as long as I stick to Paleo - lots of meats, vegetables, healthy fats, and small amounts of fruit. Supplements: CLO/ fish oil, Mg, vit. D3, vit. E.

#2 moonbase

moonbase

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 October 2011 - 01:00 AM

They are the best of all nuts.. but.. still nuts.
Comments:
No acne, nearly invisible scars, and happy as can be. Thanks to fraxel and diet. Now i'm here to help others.

#3 AutonomousOne1980

AutonomousOne1980

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 October 2011 - 10:02 AM

walnuts and pecans seem to have the highest antioxidant potential, when measured scientifically. walnuts measured the highest while pecans were second.

walnuts are relatively high in melatonin, which is among the most powerful natural antioxidants produced by your body.

im not trying to make macadamias look bad here, just dont want these potential superstars to go un-noticed.
#1.critical nutritional issues- b12(three forms exist), Calcium(yogurt, cheese or calcium phosphate supps) and vitamin d(sun or supps not to exceed 1000 iu). heme iron-most absorbable from meat only, clams are high. these are the most difficult vitamins to get and absorb. All others or about the same in difficulty in absorption. MAgnesium in our food supply is generally low as well, try natural calm supps.
#2 Fats- monounsaturated should dominate(olives), followed by polyunsaturated plant sources(nuts) but not if you have acne. the health benefits of fish oil and fish are controversial and i dont consume them due to mercury contamination and immune supression avoid processed fats if possible.
#3 Protein/amino acids- dairy and eggs best sources for tryptophan and methionine which convert to powerful antioxidants melatonin and glutathione.
#4 Carotenoids- alpha- beta carotene, beta cryptoxanthin, lutein zeaxanthin, astaxanthin. these are vital to human nutrition, carrots, butternut squash, pumpkin, chili pepper and cayenne pepper are the best sources.
#5 Regularity-BM at least once a day, Moist, large stools, 1 piece ideal, no maldigestion, no floating stools indicative of maldigested fat. HOW- insoluble fiber- wheat and cooked vegetables. soluble fiber-oats/ good bacteria ferment soluble fiber making short chain fatty acids that inhibit pathogens.
#6 Circadian cycles-Light, get up with the sun, and expose your entire body to it. darkness-melatonin is released upon the sensing of absolute darkness. sleep in a pitch black room, try to ensure 10 hours total darkness, wear sunglasses before bed. do not eat too late at night.
#7 Desirable physiological states(positive moods/emotions) do precisely what you like and what feels good to you, but not regardless of consequences, just from a perspective that, you own your life, and can determine precisely what you do with it and need not answer or ask of permission from anyone,achieving maximum autonomy and self government.

#4 Guest_Timehealsall_*

Guest_Timehealsall_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 16

Posted 23 December 2011 - 05:34 AM

what do you mean by "but still nuts?"

I thought most nuts are okay for acne?

#5 FaceValues

FaceValues

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:I'm into written/spoken word, nutrition, astrology, and light roast coffee.

Achievements

Posted 24 December 2011 - 09:41 PM

what do you mean by "but still nuts?"

I thought most nuts are okay for acne?

Nuts and seeds have been deemed "problematic" for digestion by many on this forum. I imagine there's truth in it, what with little hard things moving through/scratching your insides but I don't think there's any problem with eating them as a snack every so often. And yeah, they're high in omega-6's and it's the 3's everyone needs more of.

Instead of looking for the right person, become the right person.

If you treat your self/symptom with a lot more compassion, you'll find your skin heals much faster when it's not constantly in store for a thrashin'. Rather than blasting the sound of what you're currently treating your face with, the case may be you just need to change the station and re-evaluate you and your skin's relationship . It's easier than you think to relate with, because much like mainstream radio emotions always make for underrated yet relevant statements.

My website is in progress and will probably benefit you in some way.

#6 spectacled_owl

spectacled_owl

With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Forest boys in green tunics with a knack for playing the ocarina. Ferocious animals drawn cute and innocent. Your great great great great great great great great grandaddy. The torino scale.

Posted 24 December 2011 - 11:44 PM

Macadamias: the only nut which i could eat my own weight in one sitting. And maca butter? Its a good thing macas are expensive otherwise I'd probably fall in a jar and never come out.
Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. - Carl Sagan, Pale Blue Dot

* Changing my diet and lifestyle is the best thing I've ever done.. for my skin and myself * Real food pwnd my acne.

#7 whoartthou1

whoartthou1

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:33 PM

bump. Can anyone here get away with eating half a cup of macas a day?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users