Photo

Large Pores On My Nose! Pls Help!

pores nose blackheads acne sad adult depression dermabrasion microdermabrasion

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
17 replies to this topic

#1 allrighty

allrighty

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 11 October 2011 - 11:02 PM

I have large prores all on the lower half of my nose, from squeezing zits and blackheads in the past. Its so embaressing... I am now 30 and they look aweful. I am male and in Australia.
I have tried microdermabrasion and IPL photo rejuvination but nothing has worked, if anything it has made the pores look bigger...

I am nose using a product called BIO PEEL, from ebay, it hasnt worked either so far....

Can anyone suggest something please? I am DESPERATE...

#2 californiaEstie

californiaEstie

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 11 October 2011 - 11:39 PM

Glycolic acid or other acids. I gave my boyfriend, who had large nose pores, Peter Thomas Roth's AHA/BHA clearing gel and that worked really well for him. There are tons of products out there, you need to find one with good ingredients and use it consistently. Also do not squeeze your pores.

#3 allrighty

allrighty

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 12 October 2011 - 06:27 PM

Im in Australia, so where do I get these products???

#4 californiaEstie

californiaEstie

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 12 October 2011 - 09:57 PM

I don't know where in Australia because I've never been there. What kind of stores do you have there? Any Sephoras? If not just order online from the brand itself or look for products with glycolic acid, BHA's, or AHA's.

#5 jacno

jacno

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 13 October 2011 - 03:49 PM

i read tca cross does great, more risk though but read up on it

#6 Acnepolis

Acnepolis

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 October 2011 - 03:16 PM

I have large nose pores on nose as well. In my experience tca cross is bit of a hit or miss.. sometimes it helps but sometimes it can make pore even larger.. so I really wouldn't recommend it.
Peels are a good idea though and have helped me a bit. If you are still getting a lot of blackheads and zits on nose you should try work on getting rid of those first however. Perhaps go on low dose accutane and do some very mild peels.. and stronger ones (tca) one you're off the pill. I'll be going to ultrapulse laser in few weeks.. mostly for scars rather than large pores but I'll have them do my nose as well.. will see how that works.

#7 allrighty

allrighty

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 14 October 2011 - 06:29 PM

ATM I am using a bio peel, natural peel,its not doing anything,t heres lots of blackheads and pores from squeezing them, I sometimes get the odd zit on there. I use BP but that isnt helping...

#8 Conde de Montecristo

Conde de Montecristo

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 October 2011 - 07:34 PM

I have the same problem on my nose, big pores loaded with blackheads. I take sauna 3x a week and it cleans up my nose like anything else i've ever tried. However, 24hs later, there they are again.

When I can't get sauna, I usually exfoliate my nose. Plus I take vitamins supplements daily and work out (it seems that this regulates some how the sebum production).

Since accutane/roaccutane on low dose might end up with those blackheads, I really wanna try it. As I don't have acne anymore, just a pimple once in a while, i don't think i will get a prescription from a dermatologist anytime sooner.

Does anyone also thinks that accutane in a low dose regimen might be a good solution for this? Only those who have it, would do anything to have a clean nose, free of blackheads and oil

Edited by Conde de Montecristo, 16 October 2011 - 07:37 PM.

#9 allrighty

allrighty

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 17 October 2011 - 01:27 AM

Microdermabrasion doesnt work.
I am using Photo rejuv but that hasnt done much, if anything...

Bio Peel has made my skin worse now...dont buy it if u see it for sale on Ebay!

#10 Sound*of*Silence

Sound*of*Silence

Ancient Mummified Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 October 2011 - 10:25 PM

Have you tried a clay mask? a good one I can recommend is Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay. It's a natural Bentonite clay that is mixed with water or apple cider vinegar. I have large nose pores too and this clay really does a number on temporarily shrinking them. I leave it on overnight, 3 times a week..while its on, I can really feel it pulling the gunk out and tightening. In the morning, I wash it off and my nose pores are noticeably smaller. NOTICEABLY.
I buy mine at The Vitamin Shoppe for about $8 US, the tub will last you years, no kidding..although it's only a temporary fix, it certainly makes living with huge nose pores a whole lot easier, for me at least.

#11 allrighty

allrighty

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 01 November 2011 - 03:18 PM

I was going to go for the tca cross method, just try a few pores and see how I go with that...is it really THAt big of a risk...its either that or a peel.....

#12 allrighty

allrighty

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 15 November 2011 - 03:07 AM

I used this clay mask and it hasnt done anything for my pores....and I still have blackheads ugh...

#13 baileykcool

baileykcool

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 November 2011 - 11:22 PM

Hey, will that glycolic acid stuff work on clogged pores?

#14 allrighty

allrighty

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 04 December 2011 - 01:08 AM

Does anyone have any suggestions pleasse???

#15 Acnepolis

Acnepolis

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 December 2011 - 08:18 AM

Maybe you should go on low dose accutane if you're still getting blackheads - that's what I did. Or if the idea of accutane scares you too much you could try some tretinoin (retin-a) or strong retinol cream on nose which is great as well and can also slightly improve scarring. It's completely useless for you to get microdermabrasions and such if you're still constantly getting blackheads.
So ye.. if you only have blackheads on your nose I suggest you get a prescription for retin-a from a dermatogist.. Or at least go to a dermatologist! Not any of these cosmetologist / weird internet treatments is going to help you.

#16 allrighty

allrighty

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 09 December 2011 - 02:25 AM

Can i get this from a doctor???

#17 faizalj19

faizalj19

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 December 2011 - 09:58 PM

I have large prores all on the lower half of my nose, from squeezing zits and blackheads in the past. Its so embaressing... I am now 30 and they look aweful. I am male and in Australia.
I have tried microdermabrasion and IPL photo rejuvination but nothing has worked, if anything it has made the pores look bigger...

I am nose using a product called BIO PEEL, from ebay, it hasnt worked either so far....

Can anyone suggest something please? I am DESPERATE...

Hi There,

I had a problem with pores on my nose, and Medical Microdermbrasion (the one with the crystals) did not work for me. I also tried things like dermarolling, the obagi blue peel etc but they did not help. I did have good success with TCA which was done by a doctor and I had success with chemical peels as well.

Can you post pictures of what you have so I can see?

Thanks

#18 skinhealth

skinhealth

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 May 2012 - 07:20 AM

I HAVE GATHERED THIS INFORMATION FROM VARIOUS SOURCES OVER THE INTERNET AS I FOUND TOO MANY CONFLICTING ARTICLES. I HAVE COMPILED AND EXPANDED UPON ITS INFORMATION, DRAWN FROM MY OWN PERSONAL EXPERIENCES.
I AM NOT A DOCTOR, SCIENTIST OR DERMATOLOGIST AND YOU FOLLOW THIS INFORMATION AT YOUR OWN RISK! I AM SOMEONE WHO HAS BEEN SUFFERING WITH VISIBLE FACE PORES FOR OVER 12 YEARS AND I AM CONTINIOUSLY LOOKING FOR BETTER SOLUTIONS TO MANAGE THEM. THROUGH DEALING WITH THIS PROBLEM, I HAVE TESTED HUNDREDS OF PRODUCTS / REGIEMS AND WANTED TO SHERE THE CONCLUSIONS I FOUND WITH YOU.

I HAVE MADE THIS POST AVAILBLE TO YOU - THE SUFFER – YOU ARE NOT ALONE! AND I AM SURE, AFTER READING FROM THIS WEBSITE, YOU WILL BE ON YOUR WAY TO MANAGING YOUR FACE PORES SO THEY ARE NOT IN CONTROL OF YOUR LIFE! MY EXPERIENCE

Dealing with large face pores is the most horrible affliction... I am now my twelfth year in dealing with large face pores of the T-Zone area. In most recent times I had started to become recluse and avoiding contact with people because i didn’t want them to see my face. It was only in the last 4 years they had worsened and become larger and more noticeable, which led me to finding a more lasting solution to reduce their appearance. As you already know, coping with face pores is the most frustrating experience as they seem to have a mind of their own, being clogged and pronounced one minute and clear and almost non-existent the next. In the past I tried almost every type of product and regime but to no avail. Sometimes i paid for help from a dermatologist but I always found that it produced no lasting solution and it led me on to even more expensive products and complicated regimes. I eventually got tired of trying these exhaustive and expensive treatments and begun to find simple and cheap solutions to the problem. I thought... If can make the solution cheap and easy, this problem will not control my life the way is has. Since i found a solution, my problem is now not a huge issue, my skin looks good and i feel better about it. Although still visible, my pores are better managed, always clear and not so irritable/unpredictable.

I hope use can use this information to your benefit and hopefully you have found this information at the beginning of your quest for better skin.

WHAT ARE PORES?
Pores are small openings of hair follicles on the skin, within them are microscopic oil (sebum) producing pockets called sebaceous glands, which function to lubricate the skin and keep it supple. Typically, people with oily skin tend to have enlarged pores. Theses larger types of pores are most likely to get clogged with dead skin cells, dirt and bacteria thus, becoming even more noticeable. Pores of the face a largely found around the T-Zone area; nose, cheeks and chin where there is the greatest concentration of sebaceous glands. Dirt and oil on your face collect around your pores like leaves and debris collect around a storm drain. When those pores get clogged, it creates a pile-up of oil and dead skin cells in the follicle. Soon, bacteria make their way to the blockage and the growth in bacteria causes inflammation etc. The sad fact is you can’t get rid of your pores, they are a part of you genetic makeup but you can cleanse and care for your skin in ways that make pores less visible. Once you have figure out your specific and definitive skincare regime you can minimise their behaviour and appearance.

HOW TO MAKE PORES LESS VISABLE
I have tried and tested all types of solutions and techniques in the past to try and understand and minimise my pores. It has led me into a great understanding of them and a very simple skin regime to follow.

Firstly, lets dispel some common techniques you may have tried; Squeezing, poking and rubbing the blocked pores, doesn't help matters one bit and will only irritate and enlarge the size of your pores. The less you can touch your face/pores the better, as you will be adding bacteria and dirt with every contact. Really think about how much you touch your face and also what your hands come in contact with on a daily basis. With this in mind, start a new lifestyle regime of sanitation, buy some antibacterial products and condition yourself to always live clean.

You are what you eat. So make sure you have a good and balanced diet with not too much fatty/oily or surgery foods. Also make sure you are taking some useful supplements which help supports skin health. B Complex,C,E Zinc and Omega oils 3 and 6. Not having the proper balance of oils within the body can trigger excess oil production. Ensure that you are eating the proper amount of omega-3 and omega-6 fats. Also, if you do not supplement your fat you will produce a worse version of sebum which appears more waxy and unpleasant.

Make sure you have plenty of exercise or some opportunities to sweat, perhaps in a sauna or hot bath, it will flush out your skin. Shower or bath regularly and massage your skin while its hot it will stimulate any oils and bring them the surface. Don’t forget to lock your skin afterwards with really cold water!

Cleansing products bought over the counter will not have the strength to tackle your problem, because what is required to give you lasting effects would be considered unsafe for genral sale. You will need to make you own cleansing solution of Salicylic acid. Salicylic acid is one of the most important treatments for your skin, it’s an exfoliant that can break down oil and unclogs pores. It can be found in many over the counter goods, probably ones you already have in your bathroom cabinet. Salicylic acid increases cell turnover. This makes the skin grow faster increasing collagen production, filling in indentations in the skin and making it less “floppy.”

What Is Salicylic Acid? There is only one beta hydroxy acid - salicylic acid. The main difference between alpha hydroxy acids and beta hydroxy acid is their lipid (oil) solubility. Alpha hydroxy acids are water soluble only, while beta hydroxy acid is lipid (oil) soluble. This means that beta hydroxy acid is able to penetrate into the pore which contains sebum and exfoliate the dead skin cells that are built up inside the pore. Because of this difference in properties, beta hydroxy acid is better used on oily skin with clogged pores. In a nutshell AHAs exfoliate the surface of the skin. BHAs exfoliate the surface and down inside the pores. The chemical gets its name from the Latin term for willow trees, salix, because it was first made from a complex carbohydrate found in willow bark. Like its chemical cousin aspirin (acetylsalicylic acid), salicylic acid can stimulate circulation, in this case, it can stimulate circulation of oil out of pores. Also like aspirin, it can relieve inflammation and redness.

Too much salicylic acid can burn the skin and dry it out. Too little salicylic acid won’t clean out your pores. Most over the counter products use as little as 0.5%, but you really need to be using a solution closer to 3% concentration. There are plenty of methods to make the solution over the internet but i prefer to use a readymade one that is already formulated for the problem in-hand and will naturally dissolve the acid powder. Use Johnson & Johnson’s Blackhead Clearing Cleanser, it already has about 0.5% of salicylic acid in it, so all you will need to do to a 250ml standard bottle is top it up with around 4.2grms of salicylic acid powder. Everyone’s skin will be different and you will need to do some experimenting to find your right concentration. You will know when your solution is too much as it will start to dry your face out. You will need to use this solution morning and night, apply it on your face with with a cotton pad and leave on the face for about 30 seconds before wiping then, washing it off with very cold water, use some toilet paper to dab your face dry.

*Moderator edit - No advertising! Read the board rules!*

Lastly, i recommend Nivea’s Q10 Anti-Wrinkle, Pore Perfecting face moisturiser; it really is a superb product. Before applying, dab a little water onto your face so as to lock in some moisture. This will need to be applied after your cleansing solution; only a lemon pip sized amount is necessary.