Photo

How Do You Guys Handle Your Oily Skin @ Work Or College/school

oily skin

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
28 replies to this topic

#1 Doozyjr

Doozyjr

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 October 2011 - 10:02 PM

Do you wash your face every couple hours (without soap)? Use wipes? Would like to know so I could do the same since I don't really do anything about it.

#2 lilxlady

lilxlady

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 11 October 2011 - 10:33 PM

Hey doozy! I was my face twice a day with face wash. Right before work (7:00 am) and right before bed (10:00 pm). And when I get oily I blot...usually twice a day too. I use the clean and clear blotting sheets. I think it's like 50 sheets for 7 bucks at target..there are other kinds of blotting sheet, but I like using that. And when I'm out, it may sound weird, but I hear the toilet sheets that you sit on in the restroom works the same as blotting sheets too! So if you wanna save some money, you can use that. Only in a trusted environment of course. :) hope this helps!

#3 Doozyjr

Doozyjr

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 October 2011 - 10:44 PM

Got it! I'm gonna' go rub my face on toilet seats whenever possible. No but seriously, I am probably gonna' go buy those clean and clear blotting sheets after reading the reviews. Thanks.

#4 whatthekell

whatthekell

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 12 October 2011 - 05:58 AM

i use them too, they're great

#5 californiaEstie

californiaEstie

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 12 October 2011 - 09:53 AM

Ditto on the toilet seat covers, lol. A tiiiiiiny pat with translucent powder, not too much though otherwise it gets cakey.

#6 vladereign

vladereign

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 October 2011 - 08:37 PM

I wash my face twice, morning and evening... and during at work I always bring with me my facial wipes... i use master facial wash.

#7 We are in this together

We are in this together

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 November 2011 - 05:35 PM

I wash my face twice a day (morning and night) and then in the morning I apply a light powder before school. But OMG does my face get shiny...I'm talking reflective shiny. So what I do is use tissues to blot my face. I find they absorb oil really well. I simply just put 4-5 tissues in my bag for school and use them throughout the day whenever I need to. If I ever don't have tissues around I simply use toilet paper from one of the bathrooms. Haven't tried the toilet seat cover thing...lol...athough I am semi intrigued now Posted Image

#8 tracy521

tracy521

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 November 2011 - 09:57 AM

i get shiny all day long while at work so i use paper towels to blot the oil. it really works and is much better than me applying powder or more makeup over top of it. i realized by doing that i was getting more zits.

#9 Siouxsie

Siouxsie

Ice Queen

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 5
About Me

Posted 10 November 2011 - 06:19 PM

I don't like to overwash my face, plus I wear makeup.

I don't bother with blotting sheets either - too small & too expensive.

Instead, I buy packs of facial tissue & keep one in my purse at all times. They do the job of gently absorbing excess oil without taking too much of my makeup off. If needed, I'll apply a light powder also, but that's only to replace rubbed off makeup. I don't apply powder unless I can blot first. It ruins my powder puff & makes me look cakey.

As for using the tissues....I tend to duck my face below the desk like I'm getting something out of my purse, and then I gently dab my face with a tissue. OR, when I have a moment I'll sneak off to the bathroom every now & then & blot my face in there. I'm increasingly shameless & tend to just look for moments when no one is watching me & blot below the desk - haha!

Edited by Siouxsie, 10 November 2011 - 06:19 PM.

#10 Torontoacneguy

Torontoacneguy

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 November 2011 - 09:00 PM

why do i only get oily from 6ish till like 10ish....in the morning i'm not oily, and during the day i'm not oily? I don't understand this, also I have never been oily until the past 3-4months when i started an aggressive acne skin care regime.....i'm now off of everything and just using water and good shampoo.....also i only get oily from the temple up which is basicallly the hair line, could that be a coincidence?

#11 X3Kell3X

X3Kell3X

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 28 November 2011 - 10:05 PM

i wash my face morning and night and also use the clean and clear blotting sheets throughout the day. nothing works better! i also used a translucent primer and powder made specifically for oily skin which helps too

#12 tien10

tien10

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 November 2011 - 08:31 PM

if you wanna reduce the oil on your skin... you jsut gotta eat healthier man. Just gotta avoid those fried foods and bad carbs and sugar. Eat a lot of veggies and take multivits

And I use cetaphil...because it doesn't dry out my skin and it's just to wash away the oil and I do it morning and night.

#13 Ilovemesomevanity

Ilovemesomevanity

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 December 2011 - 06:08 PM

Hey doozy! I was my face twice a day with face wash. Right before work (7:00 am) and right before bed (10:00 pm). And when I get oily I blot...usually twice a day too. I use the clean and clear blotting sheets. I think it's like 50 sheets for 7 bucks at target..there are other kinds of blotting sheet, but I like using that. And when I'm out, it may sound weird, but I hear the toilet sheets that you sit on in the restroom works the same as blotting sheets too! So if you wanna save some money, you can use that. Only in a trusted environment of course. Posted Image hope this helps!

the clean & clear ones are the best! but you can use anything (as long as its clean of course) i use tissues and face a wall in the classroom so it looks like im wiping my nose haha

#14 Rachelx7

Rachelx7

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 02 December 2011 - 11:05 PM

I use the Palladio blotting sheets because they have powder on them and I love that about them. They make me feel fresher than the Clean and Clear. You can't see the powder on your skin, but it produces a nice, matte finish. I fold one up (powder side in) and put it in my pocket. I simply unfold and blot anytime, anywhere... usually every couple hours.

#15 mookie1809

mookie1809

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 December 2011 - 03:41 PM

my face used to be EXTEREMLY oily, but i changed my diet to veggies/meats/ healthy oils like olive,coconut/brown rice and i only wash my face at night, in the morning rinse with water and use moisturizer. Skin is ALOT less oily.

Also get this, i had a stomach bug and couldnt eat too much food for around 3-4 days the only food i ate were crackers/sardines/brown rice and water, my skin changed dramatically instead of being oily it was DRY. So whatever you eat definitely has an effect on your skin. And make sure you wash with warm water dont use hot or cold

#16 BitsyBit

BitsyBit

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 December 2011 - 08:20 PM

i blot my face ALL the time!!
sometimes if i don't wash my face in the morning then it actually isn't as oily because my skin isn't overproducing to make up for the lack of oil. but i guess i shouldnt skip so much :P

#17 bryan

bryan

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 December 2011 - 08:42 PM

Your skin doesn't "overproduce" oil to "make up" for having a lack of it because of washing it. It doesn't work that way.

#18 Omnivium

Omnivium

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 08 December 2011 - 09:14 PM

I completely agree. I have read that the skin on the palms of the hands and the soles of the feet does not have sebaceous glands; therefore, skin does not need sebum.

http://www.dartmouth.../chapter_4.html

Maybe hair needs sebum...

However, I do seem to be more oily when I wash more. Maybe washing removes skin that would cover up the oil?

#19 Ekstrandd

Ekstrandd

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 December 2011 - 10:34 PM

You guys! Those clean & clear oil blotting sheets have MINERAL OIL in them!

I used to use them everyday, till i read the fine print. ELF has an oil free version, i switched to it and i noticed i stopped getting those little bump breakouts

#20 Chococrit

Chococrit

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 08 December 2011 - 10:47 PM

Do you wash your face every couple hours (without soap)? Use wipes? Would like to know so I could do the same since I don't really do anything about it.

For a guy like you the answer is very simple. Look into a Makeup primer or mattifier. I have very oily skin and I am on the Regimen. I like to add the Murad Oil Control SPF 15 Mattifier at the end and it leaves me oil free for the whole day. It even works with makeup as a primer. Take a finger tip amount or smaller, Rub it in your finger tips and then dab it onto the skin, don't rub. Dab/pat it on your t-zone first then all over the face. It soaks all the bad stuff up and your matte for the day. I wash at 1am and 1 pm (because of work) and it lasts the whole time.
It's a little on the pricey side of things, but well worth it.

Good Luck!