Photo

Scar Excision (In Stages) Advice

hypertrophic

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
20 replies to this topic

#21 austra

austra

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:07 AM

i got my stitches out yesterday, and she did tell me to keep steri strips on for another week. i saw what it looked like, and i was sooo pleasantly surprised. There was a bit of scarring left, but it really wasnt that bad. she did get most of the scar out. I am nervous right now as well, because i can see a bit of line where the steri strip isnt on. it looks sorta depressed. i hope it didnt pull apart. or maybe its a little bit left of the old scar too. you would think that if it was part of the incision line, that shes cover that up with steri strips as well. i'm really freaking out. i don't want it to pull apart...i'd be so devistated, esp after seeing how good it looked. I have been increasing my intake of vitamin c and vitamin a as well...

http://imageshack.us...googlecomd.jpg/

there is a picture of what it looks like now. you can see the little depressed mark at the bottom. like i said, i was supposed to have up to 3 excisions on it since it was big. but luckily for me, she was able to get a ton of the scar out. there is still some scar left but the worst part is out. until these strips fall off i'm nervous about it. maybe i did start to get my hopes up....

How did you excision turn out?
Can you see the scar very much; is it noticeable? 

I'm at 8 weeks after mine and already know I have to have it redone; it went terribly wrong; it opened up about a week afterwords.

Anyways I'm wondering how soon I can have it redone, does anyone know?

I've heard you have to wait around 5 months, I guess it depends on how fast it's healed enough. Sorry to hear it didn't work out for you! What kind of a scar were you treating? Was it a scalpel or a punch excision and how long did you have the stitches?