pimple pimples

2 replies to this topic

#1 ero100

ero100

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 October 2011 - 11:54 PM

I had a small bump on the edge of my lip that was there for about a week, but I ended up bothering it today by biting it lightly (on accident), and it seems to have become a pimple (or is it a cold sore?)

I've had a similar bump before the stayed near my chin for a week or two and finally turned into a pimple which quickly disappeared after surfacing, but the fact that this bump occurred on the edge of my lip is scaring me. I don't have a camera to take a picture of it, but it looks extremely similar to the picture found here:

http://www.adamjbc.f.../Photo-0171.jpg

Do you think this is a pimple that finally came to the surface or possibly a cold sore? I've never had a cold sore before, and the last time I kissed / had sexual contact was 4 months ago.

Thanks!

Edited by ero100, 10 October 2011 - 11:55 PM.

#2 gemmyjunebug

gemmyjunebug

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:I can find anything interesting. Perception. Reasoning. Reality. In that order.

Achievements

Posted 11 October 2011 - 07:28 AM

A cold sore would be extremely painful. Not that having a pimple on the edge of your lip is a treat either. I've had both.
Cold Sore-
Itches and burns
Red and Swollen
Blisters not just with one bump but with a cluster of bumps to form a large blister.
Blister is filled with clear, virus, liquid.-DO NOT POP. The virus inside is extremely contagious. It will spread.
Always, always wash your hands after treating a cold sore. Trying not to spread it to other areas on your face.
A cold sore generally lasts anywhere from 7-10 days. It can take 2weeks to heal.
Lip pimple can mimicked some of these symptoms to a lesser degree. It still may be red, swollen, and feel irritating. The pimple/bump on your lip is key to understanding if it just that: a pimple. If you see white pus-more than likely it is a pimple. Also, it shouldn't be popped either. If it doesn't go away in 10 days-I would go see a Dr.
I laugh a lot. It's a requirement in my world. You're welcome anytime....'Ello loves!

#3 ero100

ero100

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 October 2011 - 09:43 AM

It looks like a pimple to me, but I was worried because I've never had a pimple this close to my lip before (Literally on the very edge of it). I hope it will be going away shortly!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users