Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dr Oz's 48-Hour 'detox'

5 posts in this topic

So Oz did a show on Friday on fad Detox diets. Juice fasts, that thing with the syrup and cayenne pepper, something I'd never heard of with several protein shakes per day. etc. They didn't mention the 3-day apple fast that for some reason is so popular here. Then he presented the version he and his cronies came up with.

Unlike most fad cleanses and detoxes, in his detox plan...

What you do is consume the nutrients that help your major detoxing organs function. So, points to Dr. Oz.

For the 48-hour program that includes a recipe for quinoa for breakfast, a kale, pineapple and ginger smoothie snack and some other smoothies for lunch, and a cabbage soup for dinner. Recipes and more info: http://www.doctoroz....317=billboard_1

Things in italics are my comments:

• The Liver: Your first line of defense against toxins is your liver, which acts like a filter in preventing toxic substances contained in foods from passing into your blood stream.
  • The Colon: This organ has bacteria that produce both healthy and unhealthy chemicals. You want to keep your colon flowing regularly since its main role is to flush out toxic chemicals before they can do you any harm.
  • The Kidneys: Like clockwork, the kidneys are constantly filtering your blood and getting rid of toxins in the form of urine.

Status: Clear after 30 years. Wow, I guess it's been 6 years, now.

[ Story: Severe Acne since I was 10. 10+ years of Dermatologists, Antibiotics, topicals and ACCUTANE did nothing. Discovered oranges triggered the worst of my cystic acne = about 70% improvement. Tried some nutrient supplements like B-complex with zinc and C, saw palmetto and a BHA like the aspirin mask = more improvement, a lot less oily. Then, Diet changes = Clear.

Regimen: Anti-inflammatory, nutrient dense, blood sugar stabilizing diet and supplements (for hormones, inflammation, aging, health). No soap or other cleanser except for hand washing! Water only or Oil cleanse. Aloe Vera mixed with niacinimide and a high linoleic acid oil for moisturizer and reduce pigmentation.

Diet effects acne in so many ways: hormone balance, inflammation, Insulin levels, digestion, allergies and intolerances, liver function, adrenal function, SHBG levels, sebum quality, cell function and turnover, nutrient deficiencies, body fat, etc. Basic advice: Eat, sleep, supplement and exercise like you are a diabetic. And eat real food!

For more information, see my Good Things for Acne thread *Moderator edit - Please refer to the board rules (see “Advertising/soliciting”, “Linking” and “Signatures”)*

When you eat stuff, Stuff Happens!

This was cool to read, thanks AV. My grandparents love Dr. Oz.

Instead of looking for the right person, become the right person.

If you treat your self/symptom with a lot more compassion, you'll find your skin heals much faster when it's not constantly in store for a thrashin'. Rather than blasting the sound of what you're currently treating your face with, the case may be you just need to change the station and re-evaluate you and your skin's relationship . It's easier than you think to relate with, because much like mainstream radio emotions always make for underrated yet relevant statements.

My website is in progress and will probably benefit you in some way.

Status: Clear after 30 years. Wow, I guess it's been 6 years, now.

[ Story: Severe Acne since I was 10. 10+ years of Dermatologists, Antibiotics, topicals and ACCUTANE did nothing. Discovered oranges triggered the worst of my cystic acne = about 70% improvement. Tried some nutrient supplements like B-complex with zinc and C, saw palmetto and a BHA like the aspirin mask = more improvement, a lot less oily. Then, Diet changes = Clear.

Regimen: Anti-inflammatory, nutrient dense, blood sugar stabilizing diet and supplements (for hormones, inflammation, aging, health). No soap or other cleanser except for hand washing! Water only or Oil cleanse. Aloe Vera mixed with niacinimide and a high linoleic acid oil for moisturizer and reduce pigmentation.

Diet effects acne in so many ways: hormone balance, inflammation, Insulin levels, digestion, allergies and intolerances, liver function, adrenal function, SHBG levels, sebum quality, cell function and turnover, nutrient deficiencies, body fat, etc. Basic advice: Eat, sleep, supplement and exercise like you are a diabetic. And eat real food!

For more information, see my Good Things for Acne thread *Moderator edit - Please refer to the board rules (see “Advertising/soliciting”, “Linking” and “Signatures”)*

When you eat stuff, Stuff Happens!

Really. I can't stand all the goofy games and superficial answers in the show. Especially when he's asked about acne and just gives some one sentence response about diet. That's why i record it so I can see if in the hour of goofiness he has one or two useful things to say. But at least he has something useful to say once in a while and preaches diet and lifestyle over drugs. I have to like him for that. I just hate the dumbed down show. It was better the first season where the middle third was always about someone losing weight. So you could just check out the beginning and the end to see what the topics were.

Instead of looking for the right person, become the right person.

If you treat your self/symptom with a lot more compassion, you'll find your skin heals much faster when it's not constantly in store for a thrashin'. Rather than blasting the sound of what you're currently treating your face with, the case may be you just need to change the station and re-evaluate you and your skin's relationship . It's easier than you think to relate with, because much like mainstream radio emotions always make for underrated yet relevant statements.

My website is in progress and will probably benefit you in some way.

Really. I can't stand all the goofy games and superficial answers in the show. Especially when he's asked about acne and just gives some one sentence response about diet. That's why i record it so I can see if in the hour of goofiness he has one or two useful things to say. But at least he has something useful to say once in a while and preaches diet and lifestyle over drugs. I have to like him for that. I just hate the dumbed down show. It was better the first season where the middle third was always about someone losing weight. So you could just check out the beginning and the end to see what the topics were.