tca

4 replies to this topic

#1 Aux03

Aux03

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 October 2011 - 08:48 PM

Lucky so far. No horror stories, product is authentic and everything is going by the books. I soaked a toothpick in 50% TCA for 30 seconds, and pressed it into my three largest scars. Frosting occured immediately, with a halo of mild irritation around the zone of application. I waited five minutes, and then applied a conservative amount of Neosporin. After 20 minutes, the frosted area dulled. Hopefully this is the scabbing, and not the Neosporin reacting with the TCA. Well, no matter...time to sleep on it.

I have some specific questions, for the experienced: will the Neosporin interfere with the process? Neosporin is what I have right now, but are there better antibiotics that I should be using? Should I wait a few days to apply antibiotics, or should it only be applied in response to certain conditions?

I'm happy to talk about anything else related to acne scarring.

Edited by Aux03, 08 October 2011 - 09:23 PM.

#2 cyrano de beakiswack

cyrano de beakiswack

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 October 2011 - 10:13 PM

hey, i'm curious where you ordered your 50% tca solution from. good luck to you, I'm two weeks into my first CROSS and let me tell you, the period where you have to wait and see if it's worked at all sucks. if at all possible, basically tell yourself that the next two weeks or so are "stalling time" so's you don't get as frustrated as I am.

I put vaseline on my areas because it doesn't block the pores. some say neosporin can make you break out. but if you don't have sensitive skin, neosporin's probably fine.

Edited by cyrano de beakiswack, 08 October 2011 - 10:14 PM.

#3 jjj333kkk2

jjj333kkk2

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 October 2011 - 11:12 PM

Is 50% strong enough to do anything? I thought you needed at LEAST 65%.

#4 Brawn

Brawn

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 October 2011 - 01:23 AM

scabbing occurs later

neosporin is the best option and is only needed for the first day

#5 Aux03

Aux03

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 October 2011 - 01:49 PM

Is 50% strong enough to do anything? I thought you needed at LEAST 65%.

The original study on the efficacy of TCA on acne scars was conducted with 50% TCA. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, no big deal. Posted Image

In any case, I've already had five laser treatments (Palomar LUX 1540 fractional). My scars aren't disfiguring...I'd be happy to just reduce pigmentation. My thinking was that there was exactly zero chance of me being willing to wreck six months of work with a single, botched application of 100% TCA.

hey, i'm curious where you ordered your 50% tca solution from. good luck to you, I'm two weeks into my first CROSS and let me tell you, the period where you have to wait and see if it's worked at all sucks. if at all possible, basically tell yourself that the next two weeks or so are "stalling time" so's you don't get as frustrated as I am.

Ordered my 50% TCA from Pelle Luminosa LLC. I actually got it from a vender on Ebay (scary), but if I had to do this again I would go direct. http://www.pelleluminosallc.com/

scabbing occurs later

neosporin is the best option and is only needed for the first day

Huzzah. Thank you.

Edited by Aux03, 09 October 2011 - 01:59 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users