Photo

Losing faith...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
23 replies to this topic

#21 Ryan Valmont

Ryan Valmont

The Rated R Superstar

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 4
About Me

Posted 19 September 2004 - 10:40 AM

QUOTE(damn @ Sep 19 2004, 08:24 AM)
Craig

i recomend u try Manuka Honey with UMF 15+ or higher
if that doesnt seem to help than try some tea tree oil (apply it every nite b4 u sleep)

hope i helped u out

View Post

Sorry..but DON'T USE THIS!,maybe it's ok for certain people...but the after applying munkua honey 15+ umf...i broke out BIGTIME where i had put the stuff on my face.

I will NEVER use the stuff again!
Life is all about living!

#22 damn

damn

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 September 2004 - 07:04 AM

Well did u uz it correctly and was it actual manuka honey, UMF approved some people sell bullshit copies of it which arnt UMF approved. i find it hard to believe ur face broke out considering the honey contains all the natural features that help eliminate bacteria.

#23 anthrogal

anthrogal

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 September 2004 - 09:33 AM

Haha, I'm totally with the person who said go on vacation!

Now if that isn't an option, here's what I recommend: a natural, vegetable glycerin-based soap with as few ingredients as possible. I gave up on Retin-A a while ago because I was seeing probably something similar to what you are seeing - red, flaky, unhealthy-looking skin. Just stopping all those medications and cleansers and switching to natural soap made a huge difference. As for the acne, give your skin some time to relax, and then think about a treatment. For a moisturizer, I like one by EarthScience (try a health food store or www.earthessentials.com) that is Almond-Aloe - very good ingredients and not greasy to me at all. It really absorbs into the skin and does not irritate. If you're still getting greasy later in the day, maybe some of those oil-absorbing papers would be a good idea rather than re-washing. And now that the winter is coming, I recommend flax seed oil. Taking 1 teaspoon a day really made my skin go from flaky to healthy - and that included ALL of my skin, not just the face.

It sucks having to keep trying new things and you're probably like, "Great something else to go waste my money on," but I can't help but think that simple is better and cleansers are this new and complicated thing, whereas natural soap has been around for a long time. How's that for logic?

Good luck to you, whatever you decide! Maybe the best thing IS to go on vacation, relax, and try to move your focus to a more positive part of your life.

#24 nevermind

nevermind

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 September 2004 - 12:56 AM

Craig how are you going?

Ive got skin similar to yours i think, dry and even might have rosacea (red nose since well before acne).

You mean that the moisturiser looks greasy and shiny on your skin, not that your skin is actually producing alot of oil right? Im also in Aus and am looking for a moisturiser that sinks in and isnt visible for hours and hours after application.