Photo

Moderate To Severe Acne Only On My Jawline--Hormones?

hormones supplements vitamin d fish oil zinc

4 replies to this topic

#1 sarahsmith22210

sarahsmith22210

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 October 2011 - 06:15 PM

I have had moderate to severe acne ONLY on my jawline for about two years. I'm 18 and i have been on yaz (cleared me for 4 months then completely stopped) doxycicline (didn't do anything) erythimiocin (nothing either) and the only thing that cleared me was minocycline for about 8 months and now it has completely stopped working. I am also a female and it's getting so bad that i have a new painful zit pop up at LEAST once every two days and there are bumps everywhere on my jaw! I am just wondering what has helped you if you have had my type of acne? Supplements, prescriptions or over the counter doesn't matter but what has HELPED? I am now taking zinc, beta-carotene, fish oil, and just started taking vitamin d which i thought would work because I didn't get a new zit for three days but now two have popped up today. HELP ME PLEASE.

#2 wicky

wicky

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 October 2011 - 07:39 PM

check out spironolactone..yours sounds hormonal and this med might help. It didnt for me but i know it works wonders for some

#3 21pimples

21pimples

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 January 2012 - 09:44 PM

I have the same problem!! My derm told me that that's very common in young women.. Antibiotics like Tetracyline and Doxycycline stop working after a few months, and even birth control pills are not the cure for acne. I'm going to start taking Claravis(the generic brand of Accutane) next month, and I'm very hopeful this time!! I think Accutane might be the only cure for acne...

#4 Green Gables

Green Gables

RETIRED

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:58 AM

Try spironolactone. You may have excess androgens (hormones) causing your acne. Spironolactone shuts off your androgen receptors so your body doesn't react. Personally I think it's a better option than birth control. Many women gain weight on birth control.

photo-152109.gif?_r=1345837784?__rand=0.

I don't get notified of your response to my post unless you QUOTE my post.

Please only quote a small portion of the post so it doesn't clutter up the thread. 

How to Treat Hormonal Acne

Good and Bad Birth Control Pills and Implants for Acne

How to take Spironolactone

List of Doctors Who Prescribe Spironolactone

Topicals for Hormonal Acne

HOW I STAY 100% CLEAR:

Spironolactone (anti-androgen drug)

Betaine HCL with each meal

Avoiding silicones and occlusives in skin/hair products

#5 ilivelaughlove

ilivelaughlove

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 03 May 2012 - 03:40 PM

I have had moderate to severe acne ONLY on my jawline for about two years. I'm 18 and i have been on yaz (cleared me for 4 months then completely stopped) doxycicline (didn't do anything) erythimiocin (nothing either) and the only thing that cleared me was minocycline for about 8 months and now it has completely stopped working. I am also a female and it's getting so bad that i have a new painful zit pop up at LEAST once every two days and there are bumps everywhere on my jaw! I am just wondering what has helped you if you have had my type of acne? Supplements, prescriptions or over the counter doesn't matter but what has HELPED? I am now taking zinc, beta-carotene, fish oil, and just started taking vitamin d which i thought would work because I didn't get a new zit for three days but now two have popped up today. HELP ME PLEASE.

i only get acne on my jawline and when i do its big cystic bumps that will pop up randomly and then subside and then the same thing will happen like a week or so later.i can go from clear skin to ten pimples in two days on my jawline. im also on spiro and i thought it was working but i found out my REAL problem was from dairy and beef as long as i stay clear of these i am clear excpet for maybe 2 little pimples on my period, ireallly reallly recommend you to try going off dairy for at least a month or try looking at other things in your diet that you might be allergic to. food sensitivites typically show up on your jawline and now that i know it works for me its changed my life :)

let me know what your trying and your progress!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users