Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Moderate To Severe Acne Only On My Jawline--Hormones?

5 posts in this topic

I have had moderate to severe acne ONLY on my jawline for about two years. I'm 18 and i have been on yaz (cleared me for 4 months then completely stopped) doxycicline (didn't do anything) erythimiocin (nothing either) and the only thing that cleared me was minocycline for about 8 months and now it has completely stopped working. I am also a female and it's getting so bad that i have a new painful zit pop up at LEAST once every two days and there are bumps everywhere on my jaw! I am just wondering what has helped you if you have had my type of acne? Supplements, prescriptions or over the counter doesn't matter but what has HELPED? I am now taking zinc, beta-carotene, fish oil, and just started taking vitamin d which i thought would work because I didn't get a new zit for three days but now two have popped up today. HELP ME PLEASE.

check out spironolactone..yours sounds hormonal and this med might help. It didnt for me but i know it works wonders for some

I have the same problem!! My derm told me that that's very common in young women.. Antibiotics like Tetracyline and Doxycycline stop working after a few months, and even birth control pills are not the cure for acne. I'm going to start taking Claravis(the generic brand of Accutane) next month, and I'm very hopeful this time!! I think Accutane might be the only cure for acne...

Try spironolactone. You may have excess androgens (hormones) causing your acne. Spironolactone shuts off your androgen receptors so your body doesn't react. Personally I think it's a better option than birth control. Many women gain weight on birth control.

photo-152109.gif?_r=1345837784?__rand=0.

GreenGables

I have had moderate to severe acne ONLY on my jawline for about two years. I'm 18 and i have been on yaz (cleared me for 4 months then completely stopped) doxycicline (didn't do anything) erythimiocin (nothing either) and the only thing that cleared me was minocycline for about 8 months and now it has completely stopped working. I am also a female and it's getting so bad that i have a new painful zit pop up at LEAST once every two days and there are bumps everywhere on my jaw! I am just wondering what has helped you if you have had my type of acne? Supplements, prescriptions or over the counter doesn't matter but what has HELPED? I am now taking zinc, beta-carotene, fish oil, and just started taking vitamin d which i thought would work because I didn't get a new zit for three days but now two have popped up today. HELP ME PLEASE.