Photo

Wai Diet - The Only Way To Get 100% Clear Forever

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
76 replies to this topic

#41 OlympusMons

OlympusMons

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 6
About Me

Posted 08 December 2011 - 01:20 PM

What does this mean? "Too much moisture in the skin pinching off sebum canals"? I just don't understand....

"As leather needs to be oiled, our skin needs sebum / tallow to remain flexible. This sebum is produced in pockets in the true skin andtransported to the surface of the outer skin through narrow tubes: sebum canals.
If these sebum canals are partially or completely blocked, sebum accumulates in these pockets, and inflammations are caused."

from freeacnebook

What causes sebum canals to be partially or completely blocked (pinched off)? Excessive water pressure, that happens when the skin has too much moisture.

"Extreme water retention is called edema.
In skin-edema the skin contains too much water - increasing the water-pressure in the skin. When water pressure is increased, sebum canals are pinched off. "

from freeacnebook

Edited by OlympusMons, 08 December 2011 - 01:30 PM.

On Wai Diet since February 2011 - fruits (fresh/dried/juiced), nuts, oils, fish, egg yolks, all raw. Clears all kinds of acne in 2 weeks! I've also been having huge improvements in my mood, sleep, and feeling healthy in general, which I think to be the very treasure of this diet!
Just google free acne book.

Washing face: only in the morning, only with low mineral bottled water (see rule 9 in the Wai Diet site).
Moisturizing: glycerin, vaseline, fruit/nut oils. Market moisturizers destroy your skin in long term (see rule 8).
Shaving: with a hair trimmer, shaves pretty close. Blades cause too much irritation.
No smoking, no drugs, drink with smart moderation.

My diet log with photos

#42 vcpd

vcpd

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 December 2011 - 01:35 PM

I haven't heard of the Wai diet, I'll google it.

Vegetables are over-rated for their reported health benefits, though.

#43 OlympusMons

OlympusMons

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 December 2011 - 12:38 PM

I haven't heard of the Wai diet, I'll google it.

Vegetables are over-rated for their reported health benefits, though.

Good luck!

They sure are.
On Wai Diet since February 2011 - fruits (fresh/dried/juiced), nuts, oils, fish, egg yolks, all raw. Clears all kinds of acne in 2 weeks! I've also been having huge improvements in my mood, sleep, and feeling healthy in general, which I think to be the very treasure of this diet!

Washing face: only in the morning, only with low mineral bottled water (see rule 9 in the Wai Diet site).
Moisturizing: glycerin, vaseline, fruit/nut oils. Market moisturizers destroy your skin in long term (see rule 8).
Shaving: with a hair trimmer, shaves pretty close. Blades cause too much irritation.

My diet log with photos

#44 strax

strax

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 January 2012 - 08:01 PM

No one ever addresses the side of the counter argument when making these diet recommendations. Whats your stance on the fact that fruit is not the same as it was a long time ago.. the constant urination, and the constant eating. were humans really designed to eat all day long, practically non stop?

#45 OlympusMons

OlympusMons

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 January 2012 - 02:00 PM

Whats your stance on the fact that fruit is not the same as it was a long time ago..

It's true, but it's still the best thing for us to eat.
Just be careful - always peel your fruits, don't eat (too often) berries (they have no peel) and thin-peel fruits like nectarines, grapes, etc. This way you will avoid practically all pesticides and all other pollutants. But if you're gonna eat grains and vegetables, you are definitely gonna be ingesting loads of pesticides, nitrous componds, PLUS the toxins (digestion-inhibiting, mind-altering, and ofc the ones created by heat in cooking) that are natural to these foods and that fruits haven't.

But that question still bothers me, that's why I won't rest until I can supply myself with all traditional agriculture, unmanipulated seeds, high quality fruits.
But till then, I will certainly keep eating based on commercial fruits. It's so much better already.

the constant urination, and the constant eating. were humans really designed to eat all day long, practically non stop?

Constant urination - don't drink water and you'll urinate less. You don't even need to drink water in this diet, unless you eat dried fruit or nuts. I urinate 4-5 times a day, for instance, same as before diet.

Constant eating - this shouldn't be a problem, but a pleasure. You don't need to eat non-stop, you can very well eat like every 1 hour.
But it's still surely unpractical to eat whole fruits that often. That's why most of us in this diet make juices for the whole day, add egg yolks, oils, white sugar, and put it in bottles, in our bags, and keep sipping through the day. Ain't that hard, is it? ;)

But if you wanna eat less times, you can do it on this diet too. Eat on a fat base - egg yolks, avocados, olive oil, coconut oil, nuts, fatty fish, fatty meat...
Fats supply energy very gradually, unlike sugars.
I used to do this in days that I had 4hours of classes in a row, at college, and teachers didn't let me drink juices in classes.
I used to eat a big eggyolk-avocado-banana-oliveoil mix, all mashed up, in the morning, counting about 1000kcal, and I would stand the next 5 hours without eating with no problem.

My diet log with photos

#46 strax

strax

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 January 2012 - 09:26 PM

the argument with fruit being different now doesn't have to do with pesticides, it has to do with the sugar content of them being much different now than it was.

#47 OlympusMons

OlympusMons

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 January 2012 - 03:45 PM

the argument with fruit being different now doesn't have to do with pesticides, it has to do with the sugar content of them being much different now than it was.

Yes, that's a result of commercial breeding. But foods being more concentrated in sugar is not bad at all. In nature there has always been more sweet fruits and less sweet. If you gonna eat the sweeter ones, you just gonna eat less (more sugar = more calories) and eat more gradually (and preferentially with some fat) in order not to spike blood glucose levels.

Like, for instance, if you're gonna eat dry figs (50% sugar, comparing to the average 10% of fresh fruit), you're certainly gonna eat a smaller portion, and if you eat it gradually, and with fat, it is a very healthy food.

But you still got some pratically non-sugary fruits (tomato, cucumber and avocado), so if sugar is a problem to you (whatever is the reason of this), you can focus more on these three - they're loaded with vitamins and minerals, so you won't be missing anything (except vitD, vitB12 and cholesterol ofc, which are only present in animal food).

My diet log with photos

#48 MarijaGre

MarijaGre

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 February 2012 - 01:12 PM

Yeah, I see this diet very extreme. And I think it's really not good to try this in winter time, when there's -30C outside. But when it's spring or summer, I'll definitelly try this! I don't think it's bad, well, except of the illnesses that may be caused by raw eggs and fish, but if you try little by little, your body will have the immunity to those bacteria. But I think that the biggest cons are that it's not good when you need a lot of energy that comes with fats (eg. in winter) and that for example, in my country, there are less local fruits that are not sprayed with chemicals - apples, pears and berries.

#49 OlympusMons

OlympusMons

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 February 2012 - 06:07 PM

Yeah, I see this diet very extreme. And I think it's really not good to try this in winter time, when there's -30C outside.

Why not?

But when it's spring or summer, I'll definitelly try this! I don't think it's bad, well, except of the illnesses that may be caused by raw eggs and fish, but if you try little by little, your body will have the immunity to those bacteria.

Eggsactly Posted Image
Your body will need training, so that it can "get on well" with a bigger ammount of bacteria than what it was used to.
If you wanna eat raw fish you can go a little faster (I guess fish has less bacteria, otherwise sushi restaurants would gotta have a lot of WC's hehe!)
But with raw egg yolks you must go slower. Start with 1/3 of a yolk, and keep adding 1/3 a day until you reach the desired number.

But I think that the biggest cons are that it's not good when you need a lot of energy that comes with fats (eg. in winter)

Why would you ever need a lot of energy that comes with fats? Why in the winter?
And besides, in Wai diet you can get almost 100% of your energy from fats... avocados, egg yolks, olive oil, coconut oil, nuts, fatty fish/meat...!

and that for example, in my country, there are less local fruits that are not sprayed with chemicals - apples, pears and berries.

Avoiding pesticides and all the rest of the bad stuff (pollutants, excess bacteria in the peel due to poor hygiene handling, etc) is indeed something you should be worried about. But for that, just chose thick peel fruits (which is the majority of them) and always peel your fruits.
If you do this, you can eat lots of pesticide sprayed fruits with no problem. Fruit peels are not permeable (except nectarines and a few other species), so pesticides and other residues won't get inside.

Edited by OlympusMons, 06 February 2012 - 06:13 PM.

My diet log with photos

#50 OlympusMons

OlympusMons

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 April 2012 - 03:59 AM

Anyone who has any specific doubts, or experiences to tell about the diet, can post here, or join wai talk forum!

My diet log with photos

#51 Jenny P

Jenny P

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 May 2012 - 12:33 PM

I just st arted this diet today, the sample diet. I'm gonna try it for 2 weeks and see if it works.

#52 OlympusMons

OlympusMons

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 May 2012 - 12:47 PM

Hey! Always great to know of someone who's about to give it a try... Good luck :P

My diet log with photos

#53 Jenny P

Jenny P

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 May 2012 - 02:13 PM

Heyy..um I've been reading about diets that are high in fruit and keep reading about how fruit dissolves your enamel and leads to tooth decay. Now I'm scared to go on that diet...

It sucks because I already bought the organic eggs and raw sashimi...I'm sooo scared to eat the sashimi too! I'm afraid if i eat it i will get sick or something bcuzz it's raw and i never ate raw fish before :s

But I am gonna make the tomatoe, cucumber, avocado, chives, olive oil salad since i bought a ton of ingredients...And I'm gonna only wash my face with drinking water.

I can never really find a diet that I want to stick to, I feel like I change it everyday I can never find a diet that works for me. I wish I could just eat whatever I want and not get acnne

#54 onefatalgoose

onefatalgoose

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 09 May 2012 - 09:22 PM

The diet consists of... you can eat everything except cooked foods, milk/dairy, vegetables, and salt/spices.
You can eat: fruits (raw, can also be juiced or dried), raw egg yolks, raw fish, raw meat (not advocated), nuts, olive oil and other oils, sugar, honey, and a little chives and vinegar.
You may think it's a restrictive diet, but I'd say it's just a new eating paradigm, that happens to be very different from the most popular ones nowadays. In this diet, you still got hundreds of foods to chose from.

Sugar? We're to understand that you mean sugar on top of the natural sugar found in fruit, correct? So, it's perfectly healthy for me to be consuming 'sugar' from the grocery store. And honey. Just plain old refined, cooked honey. When you are advising people to consume things such as these, you might want to be more specific. Refined sugar is bad. Honey is not much better. Raw sugar still contains it's vitamins and minerals. Raw honey still contains all the healthy enzymes, vitamins, and other nutritional elements. It's also alkaline forming in the body. This is different than 'honey', and some people may not understand this.

You said in a post here it's bad to oversimplify things, if i remember correctly. This would be one of those things. Also if you want to eliminate salt consumption that is your choice. Sodium is absolutely necessary for the function of muscles in our body, and as long it's from natural sources (sea salt, etc.) and taken in moderation with enough water, and in balance with other electrolytes, it's healthy. It's also alkaline forming

Acne is such a complex thing, that any number of foods you have eliminated or added could have been a single culprit/cure, or a combined culprit/cure. To say that this is the one way to cure acne is an overstatement. I am glad you found a way to clear your acne though

80%-20% Alkaline forming vs Acid forming Diet

`Organic~
                                                                            I don't consume:
                                                                                     *Dairy
                                                                               *Whole grains
                                                                             *Refined sugars
                                                                                 *Table salt
                                                                              *Vegetable oils
                                                                        *Processed/Fast foods
                                           *Genetically Modified Foods (GMOs)
                                                                      As well as the pesticides/herbicides that come with them

My philosophy: Less externally, more internally

Even taking long hot showers in chemically treated tap water is too harsh for acne prone skin

(And that's without a face wash)

This site is absolutely loaded with info on curing acne internally

#55 OlympusMons

OlympusMons

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 May 2012 - 12:47 PM

Heyy..um I've been reading about diets that are high in fruit and keep reading about how fruit dissolves your enamel and leads to tooth decay. Now I'm scared to go on that diet...

It's true. It's the acid of the fruit that dissolves your enamel. If you wanna prevent enamel dissolving, eat less acidic fruits: melons, pears, avocados, cucumbers, bananas, etc etc etc.
Also, if you eat it with fat, less enamel is dissolved, because fat acts kinda like a barrier/film.
But even so, if you only knew the benefits of this diet, I guess you wouldn't care so much about your enamel! It's purely aesthetic, and the benefits of this diet are huge and for overall health. It's like saying "I won't walk regularly because it wears out my shoes" ;)

I'm sooo scared to eat the sashimi too! I'm afraid if i eat it i will get sick or something bcuzz it's raw and i never ate raw fish before :s

To eat raw fish you must make sure it's very fresh, and it's a safe species to eat raw (wikipedia sashimi, all the listes species are safe).
If you don't have much experience in this, I recommend you buying previously frozen fish. Freezing kills all parasites and some bacteria. Start with little and keep adding up through the days.

Edited by OlympusMons, 10 May 2012 - 12:49 PM.

My diet log with photos

#56 OlympusMons

OlympusMons

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 May 2012 - 01:17 PM

The diet consists of... you can eat everything except cooked foods, milk/dairy, vegetables, and salt/spices.
You can eat: fruits (raw, can also be juiced or dried), raw egg yolks, raw fish, raw meat (not advocated), nuts, olive oil and other oils, sugar, honey, and a little chives and vinegar.
You may think it's a restrictive diet, but I'd say it's just a new eating paradigm, that happens to be very different from the most popular ones nowadays. In this diet, you still got hundreds of foods to chose from.

Sugar? We're to understand that you mean sugar on top of the natural sugar found in fruit, correct? So, it's perfectly healthy for me to be consuming 'sugar' from the grocery store. And honey. Just plain old refined, cooked honey. When you are advising people to consume things such as these, you might want to be more specific. Refined sugar is bad. Honey is not much better. Raw sugar still contains it's vitamins and minerals. Raw honey still contains all the healthy enzymes, vitamins, and other nutritional elements. It's also alkaline forming in the body. This is different than 'honey', and some people may not understand this.

We believe it's 100% healthy to consume refined sugar (white sugar) because it's 100% sucrose. It has no other substances. But I understand who might be afraid of the harm made by the processing. Nothing like experimenting yourself, and see how you feel! I never felt bad after eating it.

About the vitamins and minerals, it's truth: it has none. But if you eat high-vitamin-mineral foods like oranges, bananas, egg yolks, fish, etc, and don't eat too much sugar, you can compensate that. Use the wai nutrient calculator (google it)!

About honey you're absolutely right: I forgot to mention it's raw honey. Thanks for that (no one's perfect :P)

But hey: raw honey contains very little vitamins and minerals anyway... and raw sugar even less. They're healthy because they're undamaged by processing, not cause they have that much micronutrients.

You said in a post here it's bad to oversimplify things, if i remember correctly. This would be one of those things. Also if you want to eliminate salt consumption that is your choice. Sodium is absolutely necessary for the function of muscles in our body, and as long it's from natural sources (sea salt, etc.) and taken in moderation with enough water, and in balance with other electrolytes, it's healthy. It's also alkaline forming

Fruits, nuts and animal foods have all the sodium you need. Ask a nutritionist if you don't believe me.
Eating sea salt will not bring you more benefits. In fact, it will only bring you harm.

Acne is such a complex thing, that any number of foods you have eliminated or added could have been a single culprit/cure, or a combined culprit/cure. To say that this is the one way to cure acne is an overstatement. I am glad you found a way to clear your acne though

It is an overstatement, I agree.
I should have written "the most efficient and healthful way". No other method can clear you so completely, with so much sucess rate, and in such a healthful way. Ofc this is only my/our opinion, as there is no scientifical evidence (yet...). But if you try the diet for yourself, you'll find out it's pretty much the truth.

Edited by OlympusMons, 10 May 2012 - 01:19 PM.

My diet log with photos

#57 onefatalgoose

onefatalgoose

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 10 May 2012 - 03:48 PM

Also to anyone thinking about trying raw eggs, and gagging at the thought, there are ways to make it better. I just add a couple to my green smoothie and it blends right in. I use organic free range eggs, and i (try to) keep everything else organic as well

I don't have any major objections to the wai diet. Just know that this is another version, of another version, of another diet. I draw the line at eliminating vegetables. I'll continue to consume sweet potatoes, leafy greens, along with a variety of other vegetables i consider nutritious. However, i'm not saying this is the one way to go. It's not. It is however what i believe to be healthy based on research, input from others on this site, and my own personal experience with the food

80%-20% Alkaline forming vs Acid forming Diet

`Organic~
                                                                            I don't consume:
                                                                                     *Dairy
                                                                               *Whole grains
                                                                             *Refined sugars
                                                                                 *Table salt
                                                                              *Vegetable oils
                                                                        *Processed/Fast foods
                                           *Genetically Modified Foods (GMOs)
                                                                      As well as the pesticides/herbicides that come with them

My philosophy: Less externally, more internally

Even taking long hot showers in chemically treated tap water is too harsh for acne prone skin

(And that's without a face wash)

This site is absolutely loaded with info on curing acne internally

#58 OlympusMons

OlympusMons

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 May 2012 - 03:36 PM

Also to anyone thinking about trying raw eggs, and gagging at the thought, there are ways to make it better. I just add a couple to my green smoothie and it blends right in.

Yeah, that might taste good. Tastes really good added to fruit juices, also. Or with sugar. I don't like raw egg yolks alone, and few people do.

I don't have any major objections to the wai diet. Just know that this is another version, of another version, of another diet. I draw the line at eliminating vegetables. I'll continue to consume sweet potatoes, leafy greens, along with a variety of other vegetables i consider nutritious. However, i'm not saying this is the one way to go. It's not. It is however what i believe to be healthy based on research, input from others on this site, and my own personal experience with the food

Ok, thanks for the positive feedback then...!

My diet log with photos

#59 dejaclairevoyant

dejaclairevoyant

~clean body, beautiful life~

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 May 2012 - 05:58 AM

One spoonful of white sugar and I'm having a horrible breakout...it flares up candida bad for me... so definitely a no-go for anyone who suffers from candida issues...

Edited by dejaclairevoyant, 13 May 2012 - 05:58 AM.

Current Skin-Care Regimen (A work in progress):

Morning:

Gentle wash with DKR cleanser

Benzoyl Peroxide 2.5% (Following Dan's Regimen)

DKR Lotion + A squirt of Argan or Grapeseed oil (The  lotion alone wasn't hydrating enough)

Skin 79 Korean BB Cream (excellent stuff)

Evening:

Gentle Wash with DKR Cleanser

Benzoyl Peroxide 2.5% (Following Dan's Regimen)

DKR Lotion + A squirt of Argan or Grapeseed oil

#60 righthandman

righthandman

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 01 June 2012 - 08:24 PM

I am about to start the wai diet but i have just one question, olympusmons. when you say that you won't see results for a week or two, do you mean there is an initial breakout (acne is noticeably worse)? OR do you mean that your skin continues on the same rough path and keeps breaking out (meaning doesn't get worse or better) and it is not until 2 weeks that results are seen?

thank you