Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eating too many crisp..cause acne?

48 posts in this topic

Ok i eat ALOT of "Walkers - Ready salted square crisps"...i think some of you guys from America might call them chips?.

Not sure on that,but they contain carbohydrates...and i eat like anywhere between 10-15 a day.

Could this also be having an impact on my acne?.

No. Please don't be paranoid.

To answer your question, perhaps it would be easier if you posted the ingredients.

I know that french fries here are called Chips there.

That Potato chips here are called ??? there

That Crackers here are called Crisps there (?)

OR maybe I'm wrong but since they can all be made from either potatos or grains (fries can have grain flour coatings), knowing the ingredients would help greatly. =)

US to UK translation...

French Fries -> Chips

Chips -> Crisps

Crackers -> Same.

wink.gif

I'm not saying you are being paranoid or trying to be an ass -- just saying, "No; eating food, unless you are allergic to it, will probably not cause your acne."

And fiora, wait 'til my next LP.

How do you know he/she isn't allergic to crisps? You cannot possibly know what anyone is allergic to, yet you have the same response everytime the question is asked.

Most people don't know that they have food allergies, unless they break out, have skin rashes, rosacea, etc.....DUH.

Please quit pretending like you know what causes acne and what doesn't.

why do you waste your time on this messageboard if you dont agree with anything on it? you do realize your not helping anyone, right?

We've asked this many times Francesco, but have never gotten an answer. We have learned to ignore him.

ben you are so fucking full of shit... (sorry for the language kiddies) but DAMN get over your uneducated self. I have SEVERE allergic reactions to dairy, gluten and simple sugars. I have been to good allergists for extensive allergy testing, did those tests show an allergy to dairy, gluten or simple sugars? NO. but do to my nearly going into shock after eating these things, its been determines that im allergic. seriously go away, and mods, please do something about him, this has gone too far.

Yes... my beliefs are much too radical for this message board. Ban me now, right? I'd be amazed at your SEVERE allergy to simple sugars considering that your DNA is composed of carbohydrates. Kinda nutty, imo. Regardless -- didn't I say I believe allergies can cause acne? If you have an allergy, then your basically going menstrual on me because I believe in what you say. Read twice before acting like a deranged maniac.

And I go on this board because I like to read other opinions and share my own -- there's no stipulation saying that I have to be a brainwashed drone to come here.

Nobody here can say whether it does or doesn't. Period. If you stop eating them do nothing different, and improve than great, but only you can answer your question. At the very least it will hurt the rest of your body. Chips or crisps are one of the most unhealthy(albiet delicious) things you can ingest.

I make homemade chips that taste ten times better and don't have the extreme amounts of salt, trans fats, and all the other shit that goes into store bought chips. It's really easy to make the seasoning too, or you can buy it.

Nobody here can say whether it does or doesn't. Period. If you stop eating them do nothing different, and improve than great, but only you can answer your question. At the very least it will hurt the rest of your body. Chips or crisps are one of the most unhealthy(albiet delicious) things you can ingest.

I make homemade chips that taste ten times better and don't have the extreme amounts of salt, trans fats, and all the other shit that goes into store bought chips. It's really easy to make the seasoning too, or you can buy it.

PERSONALLY SPEAKING....

Crisps have a hell of a lot to answer for, well not crisps specifically but junk food in general.

I think its all the preservatives and toxins etc that they contain.

since swapping crisps for apples, chocolate for bananas and coke for water i'm 90% clear and i look so much healthier too.

10-15 packets seems waaaay excessive to me anyway! your asking for it....

i'd cut down if i were you, not just for your skins sake but for your general well-being too.

I wonder if the people who come here with the "don't be silly, acne has nothing to do with diet" attidude ever stop and wonder why their face is so spotty?

its no coincidence that they are also the ones who practically live on junk and take in little to no fruit and veg......(and still have skin problems) ah well.....

thats my 2 pennies.

Ryan did you say you ate between 10 and 15 bags of crisps a day!?

Ryan did you say you ate between 10 and 15 bags of crisps a day!?

Not sure on that,but they contain carbohydrates...and i eat like anywhere between 10-15 a day.

Ryan:

First of all, the crisps (I'm assuming that's "chips" in American) contain a lot of artificial crap you don't need to put into your body. But that's not the main reason you don't need to eat them.

Here is the main reason: you are filling up your body with the crisps, and you're not allowing enough room for fresh fruit and vegetables. You are not getting enough vitamins from healthy foods, because every time you're hungry, you just fill yourself up with junk, instead of eating things like avocado, grapes, apples, watermelon, nuts.

I am the living proof that a healthy diet and exercise DO significantly reduce acne.

Please read this: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showtopic=30443 - it's an explanation with photos.

Ryan was the one saying how we should cut out sweets and sugary drinks from our diet. laugh.gif

Ryan was the one saying how we should cut out sweets and sugary drinks from our diet. laugh.gif

Cut it down to 1 bag a day and take a serving of fruit a day. There is no reason to become obsessed with being healthy.

Holy crap! I thought you meant 8-12 chips a day. That many bags is an insane amount. NOw I like to eat sweets every day but 10 bags of chips is excessive, even for a junk food lover. Can't you just feel your arteries clogging?