Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

I Made A Video About My Recovery... Includes Bacne

bacne acne recovery sucess clear finacea azelaic acid

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
20 replies to this topic

#1 crystal_willow

crystal_willow

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 8
About Me

Achievements

Posted 29 September 2011 - 10:50 AM

Hi guys, I have wanted to make a youtube video for AGES about how I got clear so that some progress photos would be together in an easy-to-compare way.... I've never made a video like this before so please have a look and let me know if you like it. I know alot of people don't get to acne.org and just surf youtube looking for answers so I wanted to be a source of hope for those people so if you click the "like" button on youtube you would be helping promote the video so others can see it (instead of more rip off adverts for things that are cons and ripoffs... of which there are many)

let me know what you think Posted Image

xx

Edited by crystal_willow, 30 September 2011 - 01:04 PM.

Morning: Wipe skin down with face wipes (sticking to one shower a day seems to help skin strength and healing)

use finacea face, jawline, neck, arms, chest, back (azelaic acid 15% gel)

Evening: shower with any shampoo I want then wash with PEARS soap (twice a week use Vosene as a wash and leave it on for 1-5 mins)

use finacea face, jawline, neck and chest (azelaic acid 15% gel)

(Last adapted summer 2012)

My skin is now "normal" clear!! Thankyou to everyone for all your support!!

my finacea log including my September 2011 summary video (link is for the start of it, copy and paste as the link won't work directly):

http://www.acne.org/...re-ppl-try-this

Doing Yoga/practicing mindfulness, this has really helped me alot! Trying to eat better for my immune system

i.e. more veg and fruit plus trying to eat low GI, drink lots of water and get enough sleep.....

Wash your sheets and towels twice a week!!

#2 AbyBar

AbyBar

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me

Posted 30 September 2011 - 05:54 PM

Wow, I must say your skin looks beautiful. This video has given me hope that maybe some day I will have clear skin too . While on your regimen did you ever use make up to conceal your blemishes??

#3 crystal_willow

crystal_willow

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 01 October 2011 - 03:00 PM

Yes I did, almost daily. I changed from using a mineral powder to maybelline liquid minerals and eventually started using a clinique concealor for the actual spots (one designed for use on spots... it contains salicylic acid but I rarely use it now). Having the power to improve the look of my complexion reduced my stress a little so it certainly is something I think helped aswell. I did worry if it was breaking me out but as long as it is non comodogenic and it makes you feel better I think its all good to use makeup.

Morning: Wipe skin down with face wipes (sticking to one shower a day seems to help skin strength and healing)

Evening: shower with any shampoo I want then wash with PEARS soap (twice a week use Vosene as a wash and leave it on for 1-5 mins)

my finacea log including my September 2011 summary video (link is for the start of it, copy and paste as the link won't work directly):

Doing Yoga/practicing mindfulness, this has really helped me alot! Trying to eat better for my immune system

i.e. more veg and fruit plus trying to eat low GI, drink lots of water and get enough sleep.....

#4 MrHelper

MrHelper

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 October 2011 - 04:45 PM

a single reply. wow

thank you crystal willow

I will use azelaic acid cream on jawline to see how it goes and eventually increase little by little around the areas

But if I didn't see your video, I would have probably delayed my purchase to the acid.

Thanks again!

Now, I didn't have as much as you did because I think what I was doing helped a lot throughout my 9 years of fighting this thing. But it isn't clear as you are so I hope this helps a lot for my problem areas.

#5 blue giraffe

blue giraffe

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 October 2011 - 11:39 PM

Very nice. It gives hope to a lot of people.

How did you get rid of the color that pimples leave? I have cleared a lot of my acne, but the discoloration after won't go away.

#6 crystal_willow

crystal_willow

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 26 October 2011 - 12:26 PM

@MrHelper

Thanks for your comment :)
I wish you luck with your jawline.. I know thats been my most stubborn area.
I also read that salicylic acid is good for guys jawlines but be careful about mixing treatments as it also peels layers of skin off like BP and Azelaic Acid.
If you want to experiment with Salicylic acid (which did help me with my skin to a significant but lesser extent than azelaic acid) then you can use Vosene shampoo as a shave gel.

@blue giraffe

I have a couple of dark hyperpigmentation spots on my cheek and shoulders which haven't gone anywhere for years so I am considering laser treatment for that....
The red ones have just taken time to heal and I am lucky with scaring as it has healed quite well... there is a little but not much.

#7 Guest_Timehealsall_*

Guest_Timehealsall_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 01 November 2011 - 11:01 PM

@MrHelper

Thanks for your comment Posted Image
I wish you luck with your jawline.. I know thats been my most stubborn area.
I also read that salicylic acid is good for guys jawlines but be careful about mixing treatments as it also peels layers of skin off like BP and Azelaic Acid.
If you want to experiment with Salicylic acid (which did help me with my skin to a significant but lesser extent than azelaic acid) then you can use Vosene shampoo as a shave gel.

@blue giraffe

I have a couple of dark hyperpigmentation spots on my cheek and shoulders which haven't gone anywhere for years so I am considering laser treatment for that....
The red ones have just taken time to heal and I am lucky with scaring as it has healed quite well... there is a little but not much.

so you use finacea on your body as well?

I must ask, but did you ever use benzoyl peroxide on your body? What effect did it have? What about alpha hydrox acid (acne.org one)?

#8 crystal_willow

crystal_willow

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 12
About Me

Achievements

Posted 03 November 2011 - 04:05 PM

I must ask, but did you ever use benzoyl peroxide on your body? What effect did it have? What about alpha hydrox acid (acne.org one)?

I have used it on my chest... found it really hard to use it on my back back when I tried it cause I was single.
It was helpful on my acne but also made my neck and face skin really leathery and sore.
I disliked using it on my body because of the bleaching thing...
I have never tried AHA but I've always been curious about it.

#9 Melie87

Melie87

We just need to learn how to balance our skin :)

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 November 2011 - 08:38 PM

Awesome video lady.

So just to get things straight, you did use the azelaic acid on your chest and back as well...nightly?

I have stubborn chest acne, my back healed but my chest still bothers me. ARG.

We need to feed our skin

as we'd feed our bodies

a delicate rhythmic dance

we all deserve to find.

Eminence Organics

-probiotic cleanser

-hungarian face mask

-citrus exfoliating wash

Acure Organics

-sensitive facial cleanser

(alternating face washes helps

so my skin does not become resistant)

Spironolactone 25 mg 2x daily

Retin A Micro every other night

Clindamycin every other night

Clindamycin during day under light 100% Pure Mineral Powder on T zone

NO DAIRY, NO CAFFEINE, NO SUGAR!

#10 philopian tube

philopian tube

XD

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 10 November 2011 - 09:06 AM

Sorry for such a late reply, great video on how you beat acne. Keep posting us about your results every so often now.

#11 rocknrolloff

rocknrolloff

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 32
About Me

Posted 12 November 2011 - 12:13 AM

whats the name of the product you used on your chest and back? do you have sensitive skin? and where did you get it?

#12 y3rfd0g

y3rfd0g

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 13 November 2011 - 05:36 PM

hey crystal, I just want to thank you so much for your advice and posting this video! I've been using finacea for about 3 weeks now and am 99% clear! No more clogged pores, deep purple marks, painful craters on my face. Your progress is amazing and I don't get discouraged when I get a breakout because I know that the finacea will continue working!

!! 99% clear !!

My Morning Regimen

Wash face with luke warm water
Pat with clean towel
Moisturize with Pratima neem oil face sunscreen spf 30
Aveda mineral dual foundation with clean sponge for makeup sometimes.

My Evening Regimen

If I wore makeup, remove with Bioderma Crealine H2O and cotton pads
Rinse face with lukewarm water and papaya likas soap.
Manuka honey mask for 30-60 minutes
If Shower, wash with luke warm water and papaya soap. Aveda shampoo. No cloths or scrubs or abrasives.
Pat face with clean towel.
If skin is dry, use Pratima Essential Oil
Apply dime size amount of Finacea gel to face and neck. Alternate with Differin lotion.

Diet:

I avoid milk, wheat, caffeine, and soy. Drink lot's of water!

Medications:
Ortho Tricyclen (birth control), Finacea gel, Differin lotion.

Other:
I avoid dimethicone/silicone products, sodium lauryl sulfate, and scented moisturizers. Wash clothes, towels, sheets in hot water only. No detergent.

#13 Kholz123

Kholz123

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 November 2011 - 10:31 PM

Did you have to get a prescription from your dermatologist for Finacea gel? Or where did you purchase it? It obviously helped your acne and hopefully can help mine! Plus is it best to take 2 showers a day?

#14 jenniclear

jenniclear

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 November 2011 - 03:22 PM

WOW! thats a huge improvement. I remember how good it felt to have my back clear.

#15 crystal_willow

crystal_willow

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 16 November 2011 - 01:20 PM

@Melie87
Thankyou for your comment Posted Image. I know its frustrating when you have one area of your body that just won't play along with your regimen like the rest of you.... I do use the azelaic acid on my chest and back as well, I use it on my chest twice a day (when I get up and when I go to bed) and on my back once a day?

@Psycho
I keep my log updated every so often now, it can be found in my signiture Posted Image

@Rocknrolloff
The product is called Azelaic acid as a chemical name, the brand name is Finacea.

@y3rfd0g
Thats AMAZING news, I am so happy for you. I am glad that not everyone has to wait as long as me to get these kind of results (I am a patient person but 6+ months is a long time. Brilliant! and you are more than welcome.

@Kholz123
I have to get a prescription but not from a dermatologist. My GP does my prescription. I don't know how it worlks outside of the UK but I am pretty sure Finacea is available elsewhere. I wash twice a day... once before each application and I use PURE soap with no flannel (wash with my hands only and only after I have done my hair to prevent conditioner from staying on my back). GOOD LUCK! feel free to message me if you have any questions as you get started.

@jenniclear
Its amazing isn't it... backless dresses, bikinis and just being able to feel it all smooth... one of the happiest moments in my life was when I realised by back had cleared up Posted Image

Edited by crystal_willow, 16 November 2011 - 01:21 PM.

#16 rocknrolloff

rocknrolloff

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 December 2011 - 11:34 PM

where did you purchase this?

#17 crystal_willow

crystal_willow

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 17 December 2011 - 01:03 PM

@rocknrolloff

I get it on prescription from my GP and collect it from the pharmacy (UK)

#18 Michael93

Michael93

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 January 2012 - 12:48 AM

Amazing progress. You give me hope. Posted Image

#19 lsutigers54

lsutigers54

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 January 2012 - 07:44 PM

wow your skin looks amazing, I wish that someday my skin will be as clear and nice as yours. Where did you get this product?

#20 crystal_willow

crystal_willow

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 12 January 2012 - 12:07 PM

@Michael93

Thankyou Muchly :)

@lsutigers54

Thankyou xx Finacea: Its a prescription product. I'm from the UK so I get it prescribed by my GP and I get it ordered to the Pharmacy.