Photo

Want To Dull The Differin Ib? Use Aczone!

differin aczone

5 replies to this topic

#1 MayTheRoadBeShort

MayTheRoadBeShort

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 4
About Me

Posted 28 September 2011 - 02:46 PM

Differin works from the inside out as an exfoliate.
Aczone works from the outside in as an antibacterial - it is also anti-inflammatory.

I'm on day 7 of using Differin 0.1% creme at night and Aczone 5% in the morning.
The zits I had before - have cleared.
The Differin is bringing out new ones (as expected) but the Aczone keeps them calm.

I'm tempted to just forget the Differin, but I understand its purpose.
I don't just want the Aczone to clear what I currently have - I want the Differin to bring out what I can't see (treat the underlying issue that is causing the acne) - and have the duo clear all of it for good.

Try Aczone! Good luck!

#2 gems2889

gems2889

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:I love food, house music, dancing, reading, sleeping, and been with my family :)

Achievements

Posted 30 September 2011 - 03:58 PM

im doing clindamycin and panoxyl 10 % I am on my 2 week of retin a micro I am hating it so bad. Im thinking of going on proactive again kept me clear for 3 yrs. ill ask my doctor for a prescribion.

Edited by gems2889, 30 September 2011 - 03:59 PM.

#3 MayTheRoadBeShort

MayTheRoadBeShort

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 October 2011 - 08:34 AM

I only have experience with the combo of Differin (at night) and Aczone (in the morning) with sulfur wash at night and Cetaphil in the morning.
I imagine that Aczone would be useful as an antibacterial/anti-inflammatory with a product like proactiv - but mixing any drug, including topicals, is iffy.
Asking a dermatologist is certainly the best option.

Good luck!

#4 gems2889

gems2889

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:I love food, house music, dancing, reading, sleeping, and been with my family :)

Achievements

Posted 03 October 2011 - 06:25 PM

hey any updates??? going on 3 weeks and seeing my derm in 2 days :) it will be nice to keep track of your progress since we both kinda of have the same skin care routine.

#5 MayTheRoadBeShort

MayTheRoadBeShort

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 October 2011 - 10:36 PM

My skin is looking much better. So much better. My current zits are small - with hard/dried puss - nothing like the large pustules I had two weeks ago. In fact - I'm pretty much down to mild scarring. Most of the new zits are forming in the scar tissue. I figure that'll stop happening once the Differin exfoliates the scar tissue away. Without the scarring - I've gone from moderate/severe acne to mild/moderate acne in a little over 2 weeks. The biggest improvement though has been my state of mind. I don't think about it so obsessively now. Don't know why exactly. Maybe because it cleared enough to give me confidence that it'll run its course - that it's not forever.

I'm shouting the praises of Differin and Aczone and the Sulfur wash in combo. I also think the hair/skin/nails vitamin has helped healing the process. My hair and nails grow like crazy - so I can only assume it's helping my skin heal. Give it a shot if you're not currently taking one. Can't hurt!

Good luck!

#6 gems2889

gems2889

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 08 October 2011 - 07:11 PM

I am glad to hear that everything is going good. im breaking out still but not as bad. I have alot of red marks my derm prescribed me acanya insurance doesnt cover it. so I asked for an alterntive gel which med cover. she amp my ram to 1%.but my insurance has to be called in bc I already got the 0.04%. she said use panoxyl 10 morning N clindamycin for chest,bck, n face till I get a topical gel. I cant wait till we Are clear lol. I hope by the 28 Im good I am.going to dj blend concert I dnt kno if u kno who that is lol. good luck :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users