Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Want To Dull The Differin Ib? Use Aczone!

6 posts in this topic

Differin works from the inside out as an exfoliate.

Aczone works from the outside in as an antibacterial - it is also anti-inflammatory.

I'm on day 7 of using Differin 0.1% creme at night and Aczone 5% in the morning.

The zits I had before - have cleared.

The Differin is bringing out new ones (as expected) but the Aczone keeps them calm.

I'm tempted to just forget the Differin, but I understand its purpose.

I don't just want the Aczone to clear what I currently have - I want the Differin to bring out what I can't see (treat the underlying issue that is causing the acne) - and have the duo clear all of it for good.

Try Aczone! Good luck!

im doing clindamycin and panoxyl 10 % I am on my 2 week of retin a micro I am hating it so bad. Im thinking of going on proactive again kept me clear for 3 yrs. ill ask my doctor for a prescribion.

I only have experience with the combo of Differin (at night) and Aczone (in the morning) with sulfur wash at night and Cetaphil in the morning.

I imagine that Aczone would be useful as an antibacterial/anti-inflammatory with a product like proactiv - but mixing any drug, including topicals, is iffy.

Asking a dermatologist is certainly the best option.

Good luck!

hey any updates??? going on 3 weeks and seeing my derm in 2 days :) it will be nice to keep track of your progress since we both kinda of have the same skin care routine.

My skin is looking much better. So much better. My current zits are small - with hard/dried puss - nothing like the large pustules I had two weeks ago. In fact - I'm pretty much down to mild scarring. Most of the new zits are forming in the scar tissue. I figure that'll stop happening once the Differin exfoliates the scar tissue away. Without the scarring - I've gone from moderate/severe acne to mild/moderate acne in a little over 2 weeks. The biggest improvement though has been my state of mind. I don't think about it so obsessively now. Don't know why exactly. Maybe because it cleared enough to give me confidence that it'll run its course - that it's not forever.

I'm shouting the praises of Differin and Aczone and the Sulfur wash in combo. I also think the hair/skin/nails vitamin has helped healing the process. My hair and nails grow like crazy - so I can only assume it's helping my skin heal. Give it a shot if you're not currently taking one. Can't hurt!

Good luck!

I am glad to hear that everything is going good. im breaking out still but not as bad. I have alot of red marks my derm prescribed me acanya insurance doesnt cover it. so I asked for an alterntive gel which med cover. she amp my ram to 1%.but my insurance has to be called in bc I already got the 0.04%. she said use panoxyl 10 morning N clindamycin for chest,bck, n face till I get a topical gel. I cant wait till we Are clear lol. I hope by the 28 Im good I am.going to dj blend concert I dnt kno if u kno who that is lol. good luck :)