This topic is archived.
10 replies to this topic

#1 kmither

kmither

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 September 2011 - 10:46 PM

Hey all. So I've had bad acne since I was about 15, I am now 18 and it only gets progressively worse. To date I've tried many things from Proactive to Neutrogena to the Apple Cider Vinegar and nothing has helped for more than a few days. I have acne on my face, back and chest, but I'm more concerned about the body acne as I havent had my shirt off in public for years at the beach, pool or anything. I've included some pictures just incase that helps identify what type of acne it is or whatever... Any advice at all would be appreciated at this point.

Attached Thumbnails

• Snapshot_20110927.JPG
  • Snapshot_20110927_2.JPG

#2 allrighty

allrighty

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 27 September 2011 - 11:44 PM

Bp on ur back might work?
Do u sit in the sun much? Could help to dry it out, or going to the beach and getting some sea water on it.

#3 sithas15

sithas15

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 28 September 2011 - 02:40 AM

what ive been using is st ives apricot scrub on my chest, arms and back and its been working great. i used to break out bad during the hot summer months but this year i broke out very little if any at all. i know its kind of a harsh scrub but i took a chance since its on my body and i never take my shirt off other then around my house. the skin feels a lot smoother then it did before and any acne marks i did have are fading away. try also any type of salicylic acid wash on your body.

#4 allrighty

allrighty

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 28 September 2011 - 03:55 PM

Maybe apricot srub is too harsh??? HE needs something that wont tear the skin and acne and make it worse by agrovating it?

#5 Guest_Timehealsall_*

Guest_Timehealsall_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 29 September 2011 - 01:11 AM

i have similar back acne like you (my main problem though is hyperpigmentation caused by the acne).

i am trying using a benzoyl peroxide wash and alpha hydroxy acid

#6 colostomus

colostomus

skydive ur problems away

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Reading, Running, Piano, Tennis, Frisbee(extreme!!)

Posted 29 September 2011 - 01:37 PM

Maybe apricot srub is too harsh??? HE needs something that wont tear the skin and acne and make it worse by agrovating it?

Agreed, i had bad luck with that scrub, initially i saw very good results with neutrogina's acne body wash, but for more severe acne, i actually had fantastic results with lemon juice and acv, best of luck
nosey reader, arent you!?:D

#7 allrighty

allrighty

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 8
About Me

Achievements

Posted 29 September 2011 - 02:26 PM

Id go for the bp wash.....the scrub is way to harsh, I used one on my face and boy did it make a mess of my skin.

#8 crystal_willow

crystal_willow

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 30 September 2011 - 01:09 PM

I used Azelaic acid to clear my bacne (and face and chest acne)
It takes months for it to work but it worked for me.....

This is my video about my recovery. Proper clearing took 6-8 months (almost all clearing took 6 but my jawline was a little bit of a pain)

Come read my log for more details xx

Morning: Wipe skin down with Salicylic acid containing face wipes

use Azelaic Acid on all acne prone skin

Evening: Bath: wash with PEARS soap then wash hair with Head & Shoulders (condition ends of hair once acne prone skin parts are out of bath)

use Azelaic acid on all acne prone skin

(Last adapted Autumn 2014)

My skin is now "normal" clear!! Thankyou to everyone for all your support!!

my finacea log including my September 2011 summary video (link is for the start of it, copy and paste as the link won't work directly):

http://www.acne.org/...re-ppl-try-this

Doing Yoga/practicing mindfulness, this has really helped me alot! Trying to eat better for my immune system

i.e. more veg and fruit plus trying to eat low GI, drink lots of water and get enough sleep.....

Wash your sheets and towels twice a week!!

#9 kmither

kmither

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 October 2011 - 09:40 PM

Thanks for all the replies. And I am in the sun but never with my shirt off because of this. I'll try a few of these over a while and see if any get results

#10 cygnusesp

cygnusesp

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 October 2011 - 03:31 PM

I had similar acne on my chest and back. It isn't perfect now but it is a lot better than it used to be. Here are some tips that helped my acne:

1. A regular deep sleep schedule. I try and make it a point to sleep from midnight to 8.
2. Cutting gluten, dairy, and meat products from my diet. I only eat eggs and fish now.
3. No coffee, only green tea.
4. Regular sun and exercise.
5. I do not use any topical creams or lotions, I just rinse the acne areas with luke warm water. Hot showers would break me out.
6. Not too much booze, but this one is hard.
7. Plenty of water, vegetables, and fruits.
8. Don't pick or pop any pimples unless they are begging to be popped.

Experiment with foods cause some foods would break me out, such as peanuts.
Took a while but now I am pretty much acne free with the occasional pimple here and there.
Don't be afraid to eat some cake or something every once in a while, no one is perfect.

Goodluck!

#11 kmither

kmither

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 October 2011 - 01:34 PM

I had similar acne on my chest and back. It isn't perfect now but it is a lot better than it used to be. Here are some tips that helped my acne:

1. A regular deep sleep schedule. I try and make it a point to sleep from midnight to 8.
2. Cutting gluten, dairy, and meat products from my diet. I only eat eggs and fish now.
3. No coffee, only green tea.
4. Regular sun and exercise.
5. I do not use any topical creams or lotions, I just rinse the acne areas with luke warm water. Hot showers would break me out.
6. Not too much booze, but this one is hard.
7. Plenty of water, vegetables, and fruits.
8. Don't pick or pop any pimples unless they are begging to be popped.

Experiment with foods cause some foods would break me out, such as peanuts.
Took a while but now I am pretty much acne free with the occasional pimple here and there.
Don't be afraid to eat some cake or something every once in a while, no one is perfect.

Goodluck!

Thanks for this. I'll try and do the diet thing but it might be hard because I'm at college currently (living on campus) and I don't have my car with me. And I don't drink coffee anyways so thats good haha.