Photo

I Need A Hug......acne Is Ruining My Life.

sad emotional acne pimples white heads blackheads dermabrasion microdermabrasion

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
210 replies to this topic

#21 allrighty

allrighty

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 28 September 2011 - 10:53 PM

Wow Paul, u poor guy.... I think it might be a mind thing with you, even though you dont have alot of acne, ur heads telling you you do and because of that you wont be accepted in todays society...I could be wrong...
How old are you both? Paul do u live alone? Your a good looking guy so Im sure you will find someone special, who will love and accept you warts and all, not saying u have warts ok mate LOL.
Gutterflower, are you on facebook? Id love to add you, Ive just added Paul...

P.S. Tell me more about this Doxy????? Im using BP at the moment...

#22 Gutterflower

Gutterflower

Self-Proclaimed Art Nerd

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 4
About Me

Achievements

Posted 28 September 2011 - 11:37 PM

I'm 22, two months shy of 23. I have a Facebook, yeah. I'm at work so I can't (blatantly) check it at the moment. :lol:

Doxycycline is an antibiotic that dermatologists generally prescribe before they'll hand out Accutane. It works for a lot of people with milder cases of acne. I was on it for a while, it helped with the smaller blemishes, but it generally doesn't do much for nodular or cystic acne. Lots of people have had success with it. :) Your doctor likely wouldn't be reluctant to prescribe it to you if you wanted to try it. It comes in lower doses than the amount Paul is taking, so if you're worried about detrimental effects you could try a lower dose and see how you go.

Why join the navy if you can be a pirate?

Hi, I'm Elle.

#23 PaulH85

PaulH85

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 11
About Me

Posted 29 September 2011 - 01:54 AM

Don't worry about me, Trent my friend, I'll get there eventually. So can you!

Hope the BP is working for you. A lot of people here report good results on regimens which include BP. I can't use it, even the low percentages are too harsh for my skin.

I can't really comment on the Doxy yet. I'll happily update in a few weeks and share my experience of it if that'll be of use to you.
Elle's right about the dosages and all. As with any suitable medication really, there is scope to alter dosages to suit a patient. Each one of us is different so it's a case of trial and error, seeing what works best. Some get there quicker than others but, as long as we get there, that's the main thing.

I'm 26 and I live with my parents. Depressing statement right there! :lol: Hoping that once I'm on track with work and things, I can start saving and see about leaving home next year. If I get my act together, I'd like to do a bit of travelling next year as well, get out of what is essentially a comfort zone doing more harm than good, and have some new experiences. :)

Thoughts become words
Words become actions
Actions become habits
Habits become character
Character becomes destiny
It is time to change my destiny

You look like a guy I banged once.

#24 allrighty

allrighty

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 29 September 2011 - 02:05 AM

I think I tired Doxy years ago but it made my skin worse, it was a clear gel....am I right?
Paul where in the Uk r you? Im over there in March, be awesome to catch up if its possible...
Elle send me a private message with ur FB details, Id love to add you as well....
Im using the BP atm with jojoba oil on my nose for the wrinkles and marks....I dont use alot as it breaks me out heaps!
Ive just cut out using a wash, I did have a Garnier acne/ mark wash, it was in a white bottle with a little nozzle like lid, with little soft rubber spikes at the end... I took the lid off and when Im in the shower, I just gently rub the top over my face eg the lid with little spikes....
Does that make sense? LOL

#25 PaulH85

PaulH85

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 September 2011 - 02:34 AM

No, the Doxycycline is an antibiotic, in pill form. I was amused by these ones, they're blue and white. I haven't done any blue and white meds before, think I'll eventually end up covering the entire colour spectrum! :lol:

I've been using Jojoba oil lately, I'm new to it. Been using Manuka honey as a cleanser and adding a bit of jojoba and tea tree oil. Seems a little strange putting honey on my skin instead if purpose, man-made products. I guess that's an attachment thing, being taught that all the over-the-counter products are automatically the only way. For some cases they work, which is cool, but I think they prolonged my problem. Sometimes we manage to develop an emotional attachment to these products as if we have to use them, but it can also be helpful to give them a rest. I've certainly found that my skin is in better shape since I started using natural things. It's not something I'm really clued up on, just a few tips I picked up from the Holistic section of the Org.

I'm in Sheffield, Trent. North east of the country. Let me know when the times comes, depending on where I am and of course where you'll be, we could try and arrange something. :)

Thoughts become words
Words become actions
Actions become habits
Habits become character

#26 allrighty

allrighty

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 29 September 2011 - 02:24 PM

I tried the honey thing, made my face really red and horrid..... I even tried my own urine lol the things we will try for clear skin eh lol...
Ill stick to BP and the Jojoba oil for now, I only use the oil on my nose..and under my eye bags hehehehe

And a meet, if poss, would be awesome..... so what kind of work are you looking for now Paul? Im sure you will find something. I work at an aged care hostel and we have fluero lights everywhere, they make ur acne look worse I swear LOL....

#27 PaulH85

PaulH85

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 September 2011 - 04:23 PM

As far as work goes, anything with flattering light will do! :lol: You're right about lighting, it's strange how your skin can appear different from one light source to the next. I've had to many experiences where I thought it looked alright and then I catch a sight of myself somewhere and suddenly it looks horrible. I think psychologically,that can really mess with you because it's hard to know for sure what it looks like so your perceptions are off which doesn't help if you're wondering what others see when they look at you.

No, seriously though, I don't really know what I want to do for work. Mainly I just want something I'm comfortable in. I'm done with office work, that pretty much drove me crazy in the end. I'd like to do something with people I think; something which makes a difference to others. The employment office really seem to push you into anything these days just so that you're not their problem anymore, but I'm going to do things at my own pace. If I take any job and I feel anxious about it or whatever, I'll just end up in the same trap I was in before. There's a voluntary position I've found with a charity store so I might go and see them and see if I can have a try at that. If I like that kind of environment and feel happy with it, I could look at similar paid work.

:)

Thoughts become words
Words become actions
Actions become habits
Habits become character

#28 allrighty

allrighty

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 29 September 2011 - 05:23 PM

Ugh Im ocd-ing atm and stressing, gotta go down town, some blackheads in my nose, the pores still there....some dryness and red marks and Ims tressing like fk.....cuse the language...in reality, my skins prob okay but to me its bad...I gotta go down town and do some shopping and I cant motivate myself to go, Ive looked in the mirror about tent imes already this morning.... I need that hug LOL

And Paul volunteer work would be awesome, I am thinking of volunteering at my local radio station....

#29 amy91

amy91

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 01 October 2011 - 03:05 PM

Ugh what a day, I work in an aged care hostel anmd today I hid in the old folks rooms....pretending to be busya nd clean rooms....

I hate my skin and prob have ruined it with all the shit Ive put on it and tried....

I have whiteheads, blackheads and large pores and blackheads on my nose, plus I get ingrown hairs.

I am 30 and for years have been telling myself I will get rid of my acne by the time I turn 30, its not happened. Ive had acne since I was 14...

I need a huge huge, some support....I feel like I cant try anything else...
Ive just spent $1000 on IPL , photo rejuvination and microdermabrasion and its prob just made my face worse...
Trent

P.S. If anyone would like to add me to facebook, then send me a provate message with ur details. Thanks...

Have you tried hormonal treatments? ( spiro, BCP)
Everyone leaves the world a little better-some by leaving!

#30 allrighty

allrighty

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 02 October 2011 - 12:59 AM

No I havent, Ive not heard of them...

#31 Gutterflower

Gutterflower

Self-Proclaimed Art Nerd

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 4
About Me

Achievements

Posted 02 October 2011 - 01:39 AM

Have you tried hormonal treatments? ( spiro, BCP)

He wouldn't have, because he's not a lady. ;)

Why join the navy if you can be a pirate?

Hi, I'm Elle.

#32 amy91

amy91

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 02 October 2011 - 01:17 PM

Oops! Awkward!
Everyone leaves the world a little better-some by leaving!

#33 allrighty

allrighty

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 02 October 2011 - 03:48 PM

hahahahahahaha too funny Amy....has ane one here tried apple cider vinegar tablets?? I just ordered some from Ebay.

#34 colostomus

colostomus

skydive ur problems away

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 October 2011 - 02:06 PM

*tight hug* sometimes it makes all the difference doesnt it?

Edited by colostomus, 04 October 2011 - 02:06 PM.

nosey reader, arent you!?:D

#35 allrighty

allrighty

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 04 October 2011 - 11:39 PM

Yep def, good to know people on here can relate because they are in the same boat as I am... thanks Colostomus...

#36 colostomus

colostomus

skydive ur problems away

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 October 2011 - 11:53 AM

anytime! hugging myself got awkward anyways:D
nosey reader, arent you!?:D

#37 allrighty

allrighty

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 08 October 2011 - 01:22 AM

Skins shit today, white heads, blackheads, and pores....someone kill me lol.....seriouslly this is depressing at times.

#38 allrighty

allrighty

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 14 October 2011 - 06:30 PM

Another shit day....looking and feeling revolting....fun fun fun not!

#39 Ella27

Ella27

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 12
About Me

Achievements

Posted 15 October 2011 - 08:17 PM

*hugs*
I wanna find love and I wanna keep it.
I had it once but I didn't mind leaving it.
But I was younger then, and I learned everything alone.
Alone.

Love is an aeroplane. It can travel across the world.
And lift you high above, and still it'll never change.
Love is a gentle word, even when your pride is hurt.
Won't turn you away. Won't bring up yesterday.

Love is, love is, love is everything~

#40 allrighty

allrighty

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 15 October 2011 - 10:56 PM

Thanks ella....do u suffer?