Photo

Gems2889 (Retina A Micro) Log

2 time on retina a micro pics zinc

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
119 replies to this topic

#101 gems2889

gems2889

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 21 December 2011 - 10:39 PM

I started breaking like no lie 2 day of using it like it speed up the process of my acne my face was covered in acne like 1 month in worst break out I have ever had! yeah and accutane doesn't get rid of the marks but it deff helps out getting ride of the acne I'm tired very tired of worrying about my acne :(

#102 acnebattlegirl

acnebattlegirl

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 December 2011 - 11:32 PM

But once you get rid of the acne, you can maybe use Retin-a to get rid of the marks since there is no acne underneath (considering accutane got rid of it all :) )

Honestly, I wish I could be on accutane - I hate to be drug-pro but that shit really works!! LOL
Morning:
  • Wash my face with Cetaphil Cleanser
  • Wait 20-30 minutes then put on Retisol-A (Tretinoin) 0.025% [this cream has a built-in SPF and moisturizer
Night:
  • Wash face with Cetaphil Cleanser
  • Wait 20 minutes, put Cindoxyl Gel.

If my face is super dry I use Cetaphil Moisturizer before each medicated cream!

#103 gems2889

gems2889

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 22 December 2011 - 09:05 AM

Epiduo 11 days

2days ago
a little break out I had from epiduo but it dried them up so quick!

acnebattlegirl- yeah they said I could still use RAM but I dont know aboutthat maybe once ever now and then If I end up using accutane I will consider it too.

the rest are them dried up oh and the one with the pimple on the side of the nose I got a cortisone shot on that one and itt zap it away almost Posted Image

Edited by gems2889, 22 December 2011 - 09:16 AM.

#104 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 10
About Me

Achievements

Posted 26 December 2011 - 06:29 AM

Gems you are makign great process. In my honest opinion, you don't need accutaine - neither did I and i sorts regret not trying other things before i jumped on the bandwagon 3 times. Are you going to give Epiduo 3 months before you decided to give accutane a go? If you do decide to go on it,i recommend you do maintenance with a topical after because its not guaranteed that your acne wont come back. Also, make sure to get checked by your GP as well, especially your glucose levels as they've now discovered that accutane may affect them. If you have any questions regarding that treatment, feel free to ask. Quick question for you, how long were you on retin A micro before you saw some improvement? I've started to break out in clusters on my chin (i think this is my IB for sure) at week 5 and wanted to know how long it lasts typically. Definitely feeling gross right about now.

It's a rocky road but like everything else in life, there is always a beginning and an end.  Here's to finding my end.

God is good to me..........more than I deserve.

James 1:2-4

Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have its perfect result, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

#105 gems2889

gems2889

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 26 December 2011 - 08:55 AM

first 1 week than it was pimples heaven lol white head all over my chin upper lip and jaw line with cyst it was a nightmare but epiduo is doing an okay job kinda of purging my skin a little not as bad as retin a but im not liking it. Maybe like this month I started seeing improvements but not big ones u know. A lot hyper-pigmentation was done with RAM and my face is so pigmentation now I hate not wearing makeup! Did u have to be on a birth control for 2 months before getting the accutane? me and bc don't do well so do I have to take them?

#106 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 27 December 2011 - 04:30 PM

No i wasn't on birth control - if you fill out the form that you will be abstinent, then it is not a necessity. Birth control IMO messes with hormones and therefore messes with the skin (so not worth it). You just have to make sure that you DON'T get pregnant cause Accutane causes deformities and such. Hoping you won't have to go on it though cause it was the roughest 6 months of my life (X2)

It's a rocky road but like everything else in life, there is always a beginning and an end.  Here's to finding my end.

Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have its perfect result, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

#107 gems2889

gems2889

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 28 December 2011 - 10:58 AM

Hey they prescribed me trinessa which is the generic brand of ortho lo which I am might change to ortho bc my insurance covers it. my cyst seem to come around the week of my period and after. beside that i don't have any cystic acne so that why my gyn put me on BC. I also called in the derm and she said to take 200 mg of my antibiotics for 1 week dn go back to 100 mg once a day bc I am getting pustules all over again with epiduo I am seriously reconsidering going back on retin a micro :/. my skin was doing okay with it I should gave it more time. like the epiduo drys them out quick but I don't know I guess im just scared to go back to the beginning of my treatments. I hope these creams work accutane would be my last resort and its right around the corner for that big decision. sasch- why was it the toughest 6 months??

#108 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 28 December 2011 - 02:40 PM

Gems.....i has so many side effects: extreme dry skin, joint pain, digestive issues and now that i am pre diabetic and i now know that Accutane can mess with glucose levels, i'm wondering if multiple causes did that to me. It was just a rough course all around for my body. I won't lecture you about not taking it but i highly recommend that you look into side effects and get your glucose levels tested BEFORE you start as your derm will not check that. The most frustrating part of accutane is that it was not the 'promised cure' i had hoped which is disappointing especially after the hell i put my body through. As for your new regimen, give it time to work its magic as 3 (months) seems to be the magic number for most people. Good luck with birth control as well. It was never kind to my body and i recommend if you don't have to take it, then don't. Not good for long term use anyway.

Good Luck

#109 gems2889

gems2889

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 31 December 2011 - 09:16 AM

Hey everyone happy new yrs Posted Image Well l ever since I up my dose to 200 mg alot of the bumps from the epiduo break out have died down big time like my face look so clear with makeup on. I notice when I don't apply epiduo I dont get new pimples the acanya and bp with the pills keep me clear but I still want to use a retinod for the add benefit of not having clogged pores so I am using 1 day yes and one day no. I also notice that with epiduo I am not a oil pit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yeah.... that's all for now have fun today everyone enjoy the last day of 2011 Posted Image

Edited by gems2889, 31 December 2011 - 09:22 AM.

#110 DeeDeeParis

DeeDeeParis

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 December 2011 - 09:16 PM

yay! congrats on progress!

#111 N.clare

N.clare

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 27
About Me

Posted 01 January 2012 - 06:16 PM

your skins looking good, im really pleased its sorting out for you :)
Regime...

Morning
Splash face with cold water
Moisturise w/ Kimberly Sayer ultra light day cream SPF 25

Evening
Remove eye make up
wash face with water
Apply Epiduo

#112 N.clare

N.clare

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 27
About Me

Posted 03 January 2012 - 04:58 AM

Hey Gems,
last week i did a glycolic treatment on my skin and my red marks have all lightened a lot over the week since, I used a 30% one that you can just do at home. I decided to buy a lower % wash that i could use every other or every 3 days, I bought one by alpha-h which is 12%. Ill give it a go and let you know how i get on with it because you might find it helpful to get rid of the remaining red marks too :)

Also, like you, I have found that using less of epiduo has helped... i still use it every night but i apply moisturiser 30mins after which weakens it. My skin is so much smoother and less inflamed :)

lots of love! x
Regime...

Morning
Splash face with cold water
Moisturise w/ Kimberly Sayer ultra light day cream SPF 25

Evening
Remove eye make up
wash face with water
Apply Epiduo

#113 gems2889

gems2889

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 04 January 2012 - 07:41 AM

Thanks guys :) im look into the glycolic my marks are a pain there a lil dark from the bp :/ but besides that I have very few pimples. Oh and yeah less epiduo is way better than using it all. Im like still shocked how less oily my skin is like overnight! I dont Know if its bc its winter but wow! I have another derm appt today ill update later on. Xoxo

#114 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 05 January 2012 - 08:03 PM

Gems, skin is looking amazing - in a few months time you'll hopefully be clear. Question for you, after you wash your face/before you apply your meds, is your skin dry? Did this happen at any point during your treatment. My skin is soooooo dry after i wash and even worse after i add my meds. Moisturizing after still leaves flakes behind. Will these symptoms ever let up (i'm almost 7 weeks in)

#115 gems2889

gems2889

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 13 January 2012 - 01:44 PM

Hey quick update so my antibotics changed now im taking doxy 100mg N epiduo once a day yes and one no. acanya everyday as well bp 10%. As far as my skin doing way better :) with lots of pigmation. A couple of active ones. Good luck guys

Edited by gems2889, 13 January 2012 - 01:48 PM.

#116 PaulH85

PaulH85

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 11
About Me

Posted 13 January 2012 - 07:50 PM

Welcome to the Doxy club! :D Good to hear your skin's doing well.

Thoughts become words
Words become actions
Actions become habits
Habits become character
Character becomes destiny
It is time to change my destiny

You look like a guy I banged once.

#117 dieffenbachia

dieffenbachia

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 7
About Me

Posted 16 January 2012 - 10:03 AM

Wow Gems such an improvement! Congratulations! You must be very pleased with the progress.
If I may I'd like to make a couple of comments about antibios (you probably know this already but I think it deserves reiteration for others that may be less aware):
  • for women they can play havoc with your vaginal flora. I'm sorry to be blunt but thrush can be AWFUL!
  • Also they can play havoc with gut flora too because all the commensal bacteria ("good" bacteria), that help us digest our food, are killed as well.
  • Third, doxy can increase photosensitivity which means that your skin may be extra sensitive to light and therefore you should remember to use sunscreen! Especially since melanin production is the skin's natural remedy to sunlight and is also the reason for permanent dark patches on skin after acne lesions.

In summary, antibios are great as a short term remedy to cope with immediate problems and if they're working for you, great! Just that they are not a panacea and there are some serious side-effects that people should be aware of.

Your skin looks really healthy (you have a lovely dewy complexion and beautiful colour) and after your pigmentation goes you won't even be aware you ever had acne!

Thanks for keeping this log because it's a real inspiration. :D
Good luck

Oh p.s. a couple of sunscreens that are oil free and have never made me break out:
1) avene face spf 50 oil free (very white)
2) Banana boat sun wear faces oil free spf30 (lovely matt finish)
3) sunsense daily face spf 50 (very oily finish but no breakouts)

Gems, skin is looking amazing - in a few months time you'll hopefully be clear. Question for you, after you wash your face/before you apply your meds, is your skin dry? Did this happen at any point during your treatment. My skin is soooooo dry after i wash and even worse after i add my meds. Moisturizing after still leaves flakes behind. Will these symptoms ever let up (i'm almost 7 weeks in)

Hey Sash
I just saw this comment and wanted to quickly ask you whether you are moisturising only in the morning and evening or whether you moisturise during the day too?
Second, do you make sure you drink at least 2l of water per day?
I found that when my skin is healing that it's worth just moisturising whenever and wherever you need to (even in the office, at my desk! I just purigel my hands to clean them if I can't leave my desk, then wet wipe them. Whip out my little pocket mirror and apply moisturiser. Clean hands on wet wipe. Back to work!). I have been known to moisturise 7-8 times per day. Also if I wake up at night to go to bathroom, I also moisturise! I'm a bit OCD perhaps but I think it helps.
Also I use an emolient such as sudocrem which I've found on the spot it is fantastic for dry skin, and helping to heal acne too. It has the downside that it stays very white and not easily rubbed in so may be just an at home remedy, but can't recommend highly enough.
Cheers
Current regimen

AM
Hot cloth wash with Dermalogica Dermal Clay cleanser (can't afford it)
Boots Daily Clear wash - pretty good, quite drying, but cheap!
Paula's Choice BHA liquid (looking for a cheaper 2% salicylic acid)
-->Active breakout remedy
Nicam gel (4%)
Balance Active hyaluronic 554 youth serum
Paula's Choice Resist Hydrator

PM
Same as AM
+ Ren Clearcalm 3 Serum (can't afford it)

Active breakout remedy (on blemish)
Panoxyl 2.5% (discontinued, looking for new one)
Sudocrem

#118 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 23 January 2012 - 06:36 AM

Gems, how's it going? Are you going to post a pic soon? Glad to hear the progress you're making - it definitely gives me hope.

#119 gems2889

gems2889

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 27 January 2012 - 07:05 AM

Hey guys thanks for the support u are all amazing! So far im doing good doxy has been
Working really well. I had a little break out but from taking birth control :/ doxy keeps them very tiny. Still using bp snd I ran out if acanys :? Im low on Money so im going to just a otc bp. So far I am still deciding to use accutane bc I know that would be the choice to make so I can really fight acne for good. Heres a few pictures :)

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_20120127_074240.jpg
  • IMG_20120127_074158.jpg

Edited by gems2889, 27 January 2012 - 07:19 AM.

#120 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 12 February 2012 - 08:03 AM

Gems, good luck with your financial situatio and of course, your acne. If and whe you decided to use accutane and have questions, feel free to contact me. It'll definitely be a ride but for some, totally worth it.

Good luck with everything!