Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gems2889 (Retina A Micro) Log

121 posts in this topic

Your skins looking good! Left cheek is clearing VERY well :) Not too long to go now! x

Regime...

Morning

Splash face with cold water

Moisturise w/ Kimberly Sayer ultra light day cream SPF 25

Evening

Remove eye make up

wash face with water

Apply Epiduo

week 7

I am having another breakout which are filled with pus I am guessing clogged pores. I am tempted to pop them there so gross. how long more of ib. the acanya is doing its job drying them out n keeping them small. I have one under my nose my skin is dry bc of the bp so im cut down on the bp at night. my back is clear n my chest is ok. my marks are still there some are lighter. my nose is black head free.

here are some pictures...

nclare thanks thats the side thats clear.

Hey, Nclare is right... it's hard but it just takes time for most of this stuff to work... It took 7-8 months of Accutane for mine to clear up.... just hang in there and don't pick!!!!! It will be worth it in the end ;)

Male, 80MG a Day.

My Tane Log!

glx thanks I end up picking one bc it poped when I was taking a shower. my god my face is horrible today its like I took a couple steps backwards. my chest is breaking out a bit. my pr is going to be here soon in a week. I am thinking I should try out spiro bc my worst breakouts around my pr but I dnt know yet I really dont want to go through another ib. emotionally I cant this process has drained me out. I am so down today. I bought bcomplex vitmains bc my doc said to take b6 a week before my pr. but now I have been reading that it can causes breakouts I sure dnt need anymore of that. my brother asked me why did I have so many pimples n how can my bf kiss md when my face looks like that. he is 14 n he so far has clear skin. w.e im just going to try and put on a happy face.

How's the progress going now?

Morning:

• Wash my face with Cetaphil Cleanser
  • Wait 20-30 minutes then put on Retisol-A (Tretinoin) 0.025% [this cream has a built-in SPF and moisturizer

Night:

• Wash face with Cetaphil Cleanser
    • Wait 20 minutes, put Cindoxyl Gel.

If my face is super dry I use Cetaphil Moisturizer before each medicated cream!

not much red marks,inflamed pimples with white heads on them they hurt. some of my red marks are a bit lighter here a pic of today. my sanity is the one thats suffering lol

Ah I know it's hard not to pick. . . . :/ I'm sorry your brother said something. He's probably too young to understand. The real reason I started going to the derm again is because my girlfriend mentioned something about my skin :( just keep thinking about how good your skin will look at the end of your course!

Male, 80MG a Day.

My Tane Log!

Hey Gems. My skin is looking a little like yours too... really weird actually, on Saturday I woke up with all these pimples with heads. I havent had any heads on my breakouts in ages! infact I NEVER really got heads... just inflamed angry cysts lol. The temptation to pick them really is too much! I recommend taking a hot shower, or steaming your face as this will open the pore and it should just come out gently.

I think your skin is really looking like its about to clear up... Just red marks? x

Regime...

Morning

Evening

Remove eye make up

wash face with water

Apply Epiduo

I hope so nclare I am not wearing any make up todat omg this is going to be one intersting day lol. I think the pictures are a bit deciving bc in person I think looks a bit worse. I know what u mean I wake up with white puss filled ones its like a pimple per day. by the way does ur acne get worst the time ur pr is about to start?

glx I know he is small so he doesnt understand embarssing how im older and I look like im going through puberty all over again lol. 5 more weeks till I hit the 3 month mark. my realtionship with my bf suffers a bit bc im a bit insecure and I dont want to go out anywhere unless I have to. how was ur accutane experience? and thanks again :)

Yeah I think my period effects my skin, but I have bad skin all the time so its just I'll get more around the lower part of my face and they are usually the big inflamed kind.

I have a million different foundations which I wear, because my skin is always changing from dry to oily or red... I use different ones depending how it is. At the moment I usually use this mineral powder foundation by l'oreal because it covers up the red marks well and doesnt seem to clog up round the dry skin as much as others. When my skin was a bit clearer but still had red marks I used estee lauder super stay makeup... which was really good at just lasting all day and you could layer it if you needed more coverage... but its expensive and does seem to dry up quickly. I have a pressed powder, a cream and another liquid also so sometimes ill use a combination...I also have a green concealer which is good to cover red marks (I dont recommend on dry acne though as it looks green and flakey!)

Best for me at this point of retin a is the mineral powder. :)

I admire you for going out without makeup though! only place I go without is to the gym... and stil sometimes ill put a little on just to cover up some of the redness.

1 person likes this

Regime...

Morning

Evening

Remove eye make up

wash face with water

Apply Epiduo

I think wearing make up is affecting my skin even more and not in a good way. thats one I am having right now the ones that hurt. what are the ingerdients on the loreal? I think the make up I bought 2 weeks ago made me breaking out on my forehead. I hate how my skin looks without make up though :/

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (3.0%), Zinc Oxide (5.0%). Inactive Ingredients: Talc, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone, Copernicia Cerifera (Camauba) Wax, Cetyl Dimethicone, Trimethyl Siloxysilicate, Triisocetyl Citrate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Tocopherol, Panthenol, May Contain:, Bismuth Oxychloride, Iron Oxides ...LOL I have know idea what it all means but zinc oxide is good! x

Regime...

Morning

Evening

Remove eye make up

wash face with water

Apply Epiduo

I hope so nclare I am not wearing any make up todat omg this is going to be one intersting day lol. I think the pictures are a bit deciving bc in person I think looks a bit worse. I know what u mean I wake up with white puss filled ones its like a pimple per day. by the way does ur acne get worst the time ur pr is about to start?

glx I know he is small so he doesnt understand embarssing how im older and I look like im going through puberty all over again lol. 5 more weeks till I hit the 3 month mark. my realtionship with my bf suffers a bit bc im a bit insecure and I dont want to go out anywhere unless I have to. how was ur accutane experience? and thanks again smile.png

My accutane experience was horrible for about 7 months.. then all of a sudden I had 0 spots and my skin looked amazing! It was the best thing I ever did.. With my job I would hate to experience a massive IB from it. My joints are still a little odd from taking it.. even after a few years. I had nosebleeds, sore joints, tons of dryness and redness but in the end it was amazing. :/ If this doesnt clear my skin after the 4 or 5 months w/e it is then I'm gonna beg to go back on it. Your boyfriend probably thinks you are beautiful with or without acne if you are still together. I wouldn't feel insecure around him! I'm not sure about the whole PR stuff... thankfully I don't have to deal with the hormonal changes like you guys do :P

Male, 80MG a Day.

My Tane Log!

morning everyone well I keep getting these big pimples filled with puss that break and leave

a big mark on my skin. I had a break down and told my derm I couldnt handle it any more because its the same puss filled pimples that come back and I felt that when my skin was healing a week later I would get a mess of pimples that left more damage. she prescribed minocyline 100mg once a day. just to give my skin a chances to heal. I tried the no antibotic route but after a month and almost a week on ram I couldnt. thats all for now hugs and have a great day :)

Good luck! I'm tetracycline resistant so minocycline didn't work on me, but it should work on other people.

Hang in there! (:

AM

- Wash with CeraVe

PM

- Wash with CeraVe

- Epiduo (2.5% BP/1% Adapalene)

I have been using Tretinoin 0.05 since July and it worked for me.

Hang on there and cheer up.

1 person likes this

Regime

AM
Shower

Dermalogica intensive balance with 3 drops of pumpkin seed oil

Avene spf 50

Makeup

PM
bioderma gel cleanser

Dermalogica intense balance with e drops of pumpkin seed oil

Wait 30 mins

Tretinoin Retino 0.025
Have been using tretinoin cream 0.05% since 7/23/11
Tretinoin gel 0.1% on 2/6/2012 on my neck every once in a while only

Krill oil
Fermented cod liver oil
Vitamin D 15000 a day

My log
http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php/topic/303198-tretinoin-005-log/ ( my successful story using tretinoin. This has been archived by this website)

Current status
Bad acne on chin area

that antibiotic will definitely help! hang in there!

thanks guys :) u are all so helpful 8 week on friday.

week 8

Hey there well I am 8 weeks in so far I am doing okay I have a couple of inflamed pimples with nice white spots, redness, dry skin, less oily, and itchy. I am happy to report I haven't picked. my PIH is still there I haven't notice any difference. I started my antibiotics 5 days ago as far as side affects I got a little sick yesterday I had a bad headache and felt dizzy. I am taking them in the morning 30 min before I eat. the pharmacist and the instructions said the same thing. I feel fine but I did lay down yesterday 10 min after taking them and I think that's what got me sick. my chest is doing a little better it had a relapsed lol and my back has 1 pimple on it. I am thinking of removing panoxyl from my regime because its over drying my skin I will be fine with acanya and purpose gentle cleanser in the AM in the PM it will stay the same. I also need to drink more water that's one that I have to accomplish. As far as my feelings I am in a happier place I don't feel as depressed. I am on a make up hunting mission for some good mineral makeup as well as sunscreen. I am thinking either meow, or hello minerals. I am going to post some pictures when I have a chance from my phone. excuse the pictures I have no make up and my hair osnt done yet.

I forgot I went to the allergist and so far I have no food allergies I am allergic to roachs and dust mites but nothing serious. I also made an appt with and endo my appt is on nov 27 we will see how that goes.

hey dee mainly because I break out on my jaw,chin,and upper lip my derm said its hormonal. also because I have been getting cystic acne even before I started ram. I want get my hormone level tested. I also have been sweating under my arm pits more than usual. I am pretty sure something is going on bc u just dont break out the way I did in august. I wasnt on any bc pill just iud paragard which is hormone free. I removed it in sept and my acne did not improve.

your welcome dee. well I have some good news :) I am breaking out less all im left with are the marks. also the pimples are very small and when I dont picked them they flake off. I hope I improve from now on keeping my fingers crossed.

sounds about right. just don't get sucked into picking again and you should be just about out of the woods. :)