Photo

Gems2889 (Retina A Micro) Log

2 time on retina a micro pics zinc

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
119 replies to this topic

#1 gems2889

gems2889

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 27 September 2011 - 09:10 PM

I have been using retin A micro for almost 2 weeks which will be friday so far I started breaking out the 1 week of my ram routin. I was already breaking out but I had small skin color bumpLOL now I have inflamed pimples I can count about 10 or more. I have under my jaw, on the side of my uppper lip area, forehead about 3, and 3 small bump on top of my lip area which look like cystic and more it doesnt look horrible but they hurt Posted Image a lil. I removed my paragard this a week ago and I also stop using proactive about 2 months ago which is why my skin is freaking horrible now after using it for 3 years ( clear skin) I started getting cystic acne out of now where. I have had been more stress out then usual as well but w.e. I also add zinc 80 mg, and vitmain d3, planning to add vitmain c, e also b. I stop drinking milk and eating cheese more water and healthy food. so far the pimples heal pretty quick I get them one day and in 2 days they flak off while I take a shower but more pop out Posted Image. my skin isnt dry its actually oiler and only where the pimples are its dry. My black head have come out easier they just fall out with light pressure or while I am taking a shower. Some of my pigmantion have gotten lighter as well. I used ram when I was 16 and I used it durning the day and night. I dont every remeber getting an intial break out my skin did get lighter but thats about it my acne improved dramtically and I had it pretty bad I am thinking of using it the same way.

besides my face acne I have a bit of chest and my back but i am using BP and clindmycin topical soultion pledgets I think it called so far so good. I apply clindycin durning the day for 3 nights on my active pimple and use a bit of bp only on the red spots and cethaphile gentel cleanser morning/night. I even changed my shampoo to head and shoulders bc I also was breaking out around my scalp. Oh and i almost for got i got 3 pimples on my neck crazy how when my face acts up everything else acts up. In the past I have had problems with ringworms and now that my acne is flaring up again I have one on the side of my thigh (great) so antifungal for that.mmm I cant wait for this to be over Posted Image ill update in a week....thanks for reading... here are some pictures before I was on ram like 2 weeks ago the last one was me with my clear skin ohh how i miss u Posted Image

Edited by gems2889, 27 September 2011 - 09:50 PM.

#2 gems2889

gems2889

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 28 September 2011 - 06:48 AM

so yeah its morning and im dreading this intial break out blahhhh.... I am going to post some pictures today so ya can see what my face looks like almost 2 weeks in( friday) lots of red annoying white heads so funnnn. now i am going to go apply my make up to cover those lil suckers and apply jojjba oil on my chapped lips.Posted Image

here is today pics .

well I went to my doctor because i am extermly sad like its getting real bad and she sent me to a derm but my appt isnt till oct 11 and i have another on 14 of oct. I am so annoyed right now its affecting my personality I hate been like this Posted Image

Edited by gems2889, 28 September 2011 - 05:02 PM.

#3 gems2889

gems2889

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 30 September 2011 - 03:50 PM

so my face is worser than before :( ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I have some many damn pimples omg my face hasnt been this bad in like a long time I thinking of giving up I cant handle been a pizza face and make up just makes it look worser I miss my clear skin. I have so many white inflamed white heads every day is like 3 pimple and I am so insecrue I dont want to look at anyone in the facePosted Image

#4 gems2889

gems2889

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 02 October 2011 - 03:21 PM

today I am feeling not so cute it sucks how much your looks matter I remember when my face wasn't this bad and it was good. You see people true colors when your at your lowest. true friends never leave you they are always there for you.

as far as my pimples they hurt bad I feel like taking some pain killers. I am always tired I don't know if its because I am depressed a bit or what. I have to go tomorrow to my externship site at the hospital I am dreading it! I just want hide in my room and never come out.

My face isn't even dry is so oily ewww I would think RAM would dry it out but nope! I cant wait for this to be over as soon as my face clears up I am going to the salon and do my hair and nails. I promise my self that when my face clears up I am not going to wear make up unless I am going to the club or special event.

someone pls give me so hope so i can see the light at the end of the tunnel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Posted Image

Edited by gems2889, 02 October 2011 - 03:22 PM.

#5 gems2889

gems2889

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 03 October 2011 - 09:45 PM

so today I went to my externship site no one seem to comment how horrible my skin looks. I guess since everyone under the sun knows im on retin a LOL. I have my derm appt this wensday I cant wait Posted Image I am such a nerdPosted Image to be happy about that I finaly was able to get an appt for this week instead of next week I am thinking of either getting a presc for benzclin or aczon I think its called someone mention it on here. As far as my skin goes its still bad I have one pimple in the middle of my forehead and on my eyebrows wierd area to be getting pimples but it seems like my skin tone looks even and soft its not dry either just oily like always but I started using RAM day and night like when I was in high school and it worked great. I am going to see if I move up to 1% 0.04 is good but lets see what the derm says. I dont want to take antibotics bc whats the whole point of been clear and when I stop taking them I will break out Posted Image no fun! my chest acne same it clears up then it comes back. As for my back not that bad either about 3 small ones. My bf says that he will love me with pimples or no pimples LOL silly butt.... hey after almost 8 yrs he better.... well thats all for today good night....Posted Image

Edited by gems2889, 03 October 2011 - 09:47 PM.

#6 gems2889

gems2889

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 06 October 2011 - 05:08 PM

hey everyone im on my phone because I dnt have internet. well this is my 3 week on retina a micro and so far I am still breaking out . I have been picking some of my pimples not a good look its so hard not too when u havr so many. now I have in the middle o.f my eye brows like 4 and on my forehead. I went to the derm and they increased my dosage to 0.1 and prescribed acanya but my insurance doesnt cover it. so I am going to use panoxyl n clindamycin. my insurance doesnt want to cover ram till 16 :( but im call them to see if they can override the old retina a. besides my acne now I have to worry about my heart I found out I have atrial septal aneurysma so ill update that.. patience is key on ram ill update next week.

#7 gems2889

gems2889

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 08 October 2011 - 08:49 PM

well my chest and back acne are clearing up but my face is still a hot mess. I am noticeing red marks and where there were white heads they r some dents is this normal while on ram? I dont remember my face been this bad with the last time I used ram. what a pain :(

#8 N.clare

N.clare

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 27
About Me

Posted 09 October 2011 - 05:19 AM

Good luck :) You look lovely in your pictures!
Regime...

Morning
Splash face with cold water
Moisturise w/ Kimberly Sayer ultra light day cream SPF 25

Evening
Remove eye make up
wash face with water
Apply Epiduo

#9 gems2889

gems2889

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 10 October 2011 - 10:26 AM

thanks.... today I kind feel like giving up no amount of makeup can cover my face n how I feel. I dnt even want to look in the mirror. whatstge whole point of having a nice body if ur face looks like a pizza :(

#10 N.clare

N.clare

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 October 2011 - 04:19 PM

Yes I feel like that all the time. And plus when I put my makeup on I swear it just gathers in the bad bits and makes me look about 40! I think though it's good to remember that no one else really notices-or cares! Lol. Keep feeling positive and see how beautiful you are even with the acne! X
Regime...

Morning

Evening
Remove eye make up
wash face with water
Apply Epiduo

#11 gems2889

gems2889

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 15 October 2011 - 08:11 AM

good morning guys I have been on ram for a month so far still breaking out I have one cyst on my right cheeck its that time of the month so I usually get them around my pr ahhh. I have been using bp ,clindamycin, acany free samples as spot treatmeant. my first night.of ram 0.1% n u can tell.the differnces between 0.04 right away. im less oily.durning the day the day thanks to the bp but I still wake up.oily on my tzone even with 0.1 let see give it some time its only.my first night. I have lots of redish post acme marks I hope ram gets rid of them. ill updat later on hugs :)

#12 gems2889

gems2889

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 18 October 2011 - 08:04 AM

morning guys, my face is a still breaking out I have lik so many pimples.i am going to purchase acanya which well cost me 60 i have a huge cyst on my right cheeck. someone told me my face looks better but I dnt c that. oh n by the way I am on my phone so thats why I am writting like this lol.

sorry post it twice lol

Edited by gems2889, 18 October 2011 - 08:37 AM.

#13 gems2889

gems2889

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 21 October 2011 - 08:41 PM

Week 5 on Ram and so far I am doing better my face is healing and I have a lot of post acne marks,less black heads,dry pimples, and chapped lips. My skin tone is more even and I have like some new ones but they don't last that long thanks to RAM n bp. I'll update later on my phone battery low.

#14 gems2889

gems2889

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 22 October 2011 - 08:27 AM

Morning I have using head N shoulders for my scalp Acne and its been working I have less breakouts aRound my scalp n back. I just use a differnt condioner from fitness for sensitive skin. Thanks to that post I've read on body acne post :). I hope everything gets better from now.

#15 gems2889

gems2889

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 27 October 2011 - 11:51 AM

Week 6
I was doing so good last week with my skin but this week .my face is going down hill again. I'm breaking out in the same areas that I was healing it sucks aghhhh... I'm am really at my wits end I feel like giving up n just going back on proactive it worked at first bit who knows now. It's like my pimples come bck from the living dead. I have a concert to go to tomorow and I have to wear MAC bc its embarssing how my face looks.

#16 acnebattlegirl

acnebattlegirl

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 October 2011 - 01:17 PM

Don't give up, You made it this far - you will be clear.
Morning:
  • Wash my face with Cetaphil Cleanser
  • Wait 20-30 minutes then put on Retisol-A (Tretinoin) 0.025% [this cream has a built-in SPF and moisturizer
Night:
  • Wash face with Cetaphil Cleanser
  • Wait 20 minutes, put Cindoxyl Gel.

If my face is super dry I use Cetaphil Moisturizer before each medicated cream!

#17 gems2889

gems2889

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 27 October 2011 - 07:51 PM

Acnebattlegirl- I really want to be strong and not give up but its hard I get very depressed when my face acts up. This 2 months have been hell for me such a roller coster ride.

#18 gems2889

gems2889

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 28 October 2011 - 10:27 AM

here are some pics I am going to order my proactive kit again or dans

Edited by gems2889, 28 October 2011 - 10:32 AM.

#19 acnebattlegirl

acnebattlegirl

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 October 2011 - 07:57 PM

i know how that feels, that's exactly what it is - a roller coaster ride, because you dont know what to expect.. I hate this.
Morning:
  • Wash my face with Cetaphil Cleanser
  • Wait 20-30 minutes then put on Retisol-A (Tretinoin) 0.025% [this cream has a built-in SPF and moisturizer
Night:
  • Wash face with Cetaphil Cleanser
  • Wait 20 minutes, put Cindoxyl Gel.

If my face is super dry I use Cetaphil Moisturizer before each medicated cream!

#20 N.clare

N.clare

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 October 2011 - 04:46 AM

Keep going!!
Im at 8 weeks tomorrow and this last week has been really tough. Like you said, a roller coaster! Today though i really feel like my skin is looking smoother! And I can see my red marks are now more pinky toned. I think Im gonna be breaking out more though...this is probably going to be a long process for me!
Ive read lots of other peoples logs and comments that it can take months for it to fully work, and it looks really worth it once you get through it! There is no point giving up yet... as you wont be seeing the benefits for a few weeks (whats a few more weeks gonna do?)

Im following your progress as Im logging my own, it helps to be going through it with others! :)
Regime...

Morning

Evening
Remove eye make up
wash face with water
Apply Epiduo