Photo

Sick Of Stuff That Doesn't Work. My Vitamin Log.

vitamin b vitamin b2 vitamin a riboflavin fish oil zinc oily skin

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
24 replies to this topic

#21 4Fours

4Fours

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Achievements

Posted 24 January 2012 - 04:24 PM

I have just read this post, interesting that you have breakouts at weird unexpected times isn't it? Actually it isn't. DHT testosterone is the main cause of acne, and that random breakout is the DHT testosterone peaking.

Man, my hormone test said I was low in DHT so I was on a suppliment for about a week before I realized I was getting horrible cystic breakouts from it. As soon as I stopped it, the cysts subsided. DHT can definetly contribue! I was trying to balance my hormones for depression, not for acne. In my experience, trying to balance your hormones can make your acne worse (now I'm on progesterone). But I'm a woman, so this won't apply to half of the people who read this, ha ha!
90% clear from IgG allergy-free diet (need a personal blood test) which resulted in becoming vegan and gluten-free.

My routine: http://www.acne.org/...y-regimen-2012/

Think BCP "regulate" your cycle? It could be making things worse!
http://drsaulmarcus....trol_pills.html

#22 bobbi364

bobbi364

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 January 2012 - 05:49 AM

I have just read this post, interesting that you have breakouts at weird unexpected times isn't it?  Actually it isn't.  DHT testosterone is the main cause of acne, and that random breakout is the DHT testosterone peaking.

Man, my hormone test said I was low in DHT so I was on a suppliment for about a week before I realized I was getting horrible cystic breakouts from it. As soon as I stopped it, the cysts subsided. DHT can definetly contribue! I was trying to balance my hormones for depression, not for acne. In my experience, trying to balance your hormones can make your acne worse (now I'm on progesterone). But I'm a woman, so this won't apply to half of the people who read this, ha ha!

I believe you, DHT, in my opinion, is the cause of all forms of acne. Research about ways DHT is spiked, such as, high insulin, high fats, ejaculation, etc. Good thing you stopped using it.

#23 4Fours

4Fours

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Achievements

Posted 25 January 2012 - 06:55 PM

I have just read this post, interesting that you have breakouts at weird unexpected times isn't it? Actually it isn't. DHT testosterone is the main cause of acne, and that random breakout is the DHT testosterone peaking.

I believe you, DHT, in my opinion, is the cause of all forms of acne. Research about ways DHT is spiked, such as, high insulin, high fats, ejaculation, etc. Good thing you stopped using it.

Not sure it was the cause of mine. I was low in DHT, even for a woman, and still had acne. It just made it worse.
90% clear from IgG allergy-free diet (need a personal blood test) which resulted in becoming vegan and gluten-free.

My routine: http://www.acne.org/...y-regimen-2012/

Think BCP "regulate" your cycle? It could be making things worse!
http://drsaulmarcus....trol_pills.html

#24 dreamer7

dreamer7

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 February 2012 - 08:26 PM

Thanks for posting bobbi364, I'm definitely not ruling that out as a possibility. I was talking to my doctor about that when she prescribed me the antibiotics. That will probably be the next step for me if this doesn't work. She said she can refer me to a dermatologist and get some hormone tests done. I didn't think there was much you can do about male hormonal acne, but apparently there are a few options that I can go over.

Although my skin is really clear at the moment, as well as my back. My upper back is clearing up really nicely. So I hope this lasts after I stop the antibiotics, fingers crossed! I'm soo happy at the moment. If this doesn't work, in a way I'm going to have wished I hadn't started the antibiotics until university, so that at least I could have been clear through my first semester haha. Oh well.

Sorry about the lack of posts, I've been super busy. I leave for college in a week now! Moving interstate is bigger than I thought, so much preparation/packing to be done.

Not sure it was the cause of mine. I was low in DHT, even for a woman, and still had acne. It just made it worse.

Yeah I think what bobbi364 is trying to say is that when you have high levels of DHT, it is very possible it's the cause of acne. This is reinforced by the fact that when you tried to higher your levels of DHT, your acne worsened. You had low levels, so your acne is most likely caused by some other factor, and that supplementing with DHT just aggravated yours. So the idea is that if you have high DHT levels, lowering your DHT might be a possible cure/treatment.

#25 bobbi364

bobbi364

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 February 2012 - 11:05 PM

The thing with DHT acne, is it is very hard determining that is the cause because you can't just get a DHT test and say well its low so that must not be it. DHT spikes and drops, up and down, up and down. So at the time of the test, even if it is low, DHT can still be your main issue, as DHT spikes are the reason for the acne. The only way to know for sure is to test it at acnes worst, and then once you clear up for good, take another test and compare results. It is worth a shot though, its free and easy.