Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Real Reason You Have Acne!

250 posts in this topic

Some posts removed. I don't like where this thread is going. Debate = fine, hostility (for no reason) = not fine. Behave yourselves!

2 people like this

"When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment. I told them they didn’t understand life.” - John Lennon

Hey Moonbase.

I am preparing for this diet.

I use Fitday to calculate my daily vitamins and minerals intake.

My question is: How much is enough?

For example, my vitamin A intake is 455 RDA%, and my vitamin C intake is 794 RDA%, but my vitamins E intake is only 116 RDA%

What is the minimum daily RDA% for vitamins and minerals, so I can be sure my body is getting enough?

Elvin

Vitamin E @ 116 is higher than many people get in their diets and fine. Most of the vitamin A you're getting to Beta carotene and not actually animal vitamin A. If you can hold on till the weekend I'll have the definitive version up with everything and anything you could want.

Comments:

No acne, nearly invisible scars, and happy as can be. Thanks to fraxel and diet. Now i'm here to help others.

That sounds great Moonbase, and thanks for doing all this work for all of us, who are still fighting this damn skin decease. It means a lot man. Thanks.

Elvin

So I've been on this diet for the past 2 months or so. I've been trying diet stuff for almost 5 years now, and can't ever get clear, despite my skin improving somewhat. I haven't eaten gluten or dairy for 4 years, except for a few random times. For the past two months my diet has been:

- Approx 1.5 lb of wild caught fish(salmon, cod, tuna, tilapia, flounder)

- 0.5 lb chicken breast

-Green smoothie with frozen berries, and leafy greens (kale, spinach, collard, mustard)

-1.5 lb of yams

-Approx 1,000 calories from fruit. Grapes, pineapple, apples, kiwi, melons, etc

-Some broccoli, cauliflower, asparagus, and other various veggies

This is split up into 4 meals, sometimes 3.

My skin has neither improved or gotten worse. It is just the usual daily pustules around the crease of my nose, on my chin, and around my mouth. Sometimes on the back of my scalp. Any idea what I'm doing wrong here, or should change? Thank for any help you can provide

^ that's a pretty damn good diet. I would try cutting back a bit on the fruit. Some people have trouble with large amounts of fructose.

Clear as long as I stick to Paleo - lots of meats, vegetables, healthy fats, and small amounts of fruit. Supplements: CLO/ fish oil, Mg, vit. D3, vit. E.

That is quite a good diet. I would try cutting the berries, apple, pineapple and perhaps even the kiwi - all of those fruits can be problem causing.

I would also consider kicking the chicken breast.. you are way over doing it with the protein as it is. I wouldn't eat more than 1lb of fish.

I am also rather surprised you can eat that all in one day - I mean that's A LOT of food. One guess would be that you're eating more than your digestive system can handle.

Are you on any medications/supplements?

If you ate that much or even close to that much for 2 months straight.. you should have gained a pretty fair amount of weight.. 15ish lb's. If you haven't gained that much weight there would be a lack of proper assimilation of that food.

How is your stool, regularity, and over all digestion?

How do you cook the foods, and with what?

EDIT:

I would consider tossing all the vegetables. Just stick to tubers, fruit and fish

Comments:

No acne, nearly invisible scars, and happy as can be. Thanks to fraxel and diet. Now i'm here to help others.

moonbase what can you say about my breakouts... after ejaculation...( I breakout out in about 2 to 3 days after...) You think it has to do with dht.. Please explain, thankks. Honestly when i don't masterbate for a month, my skin turns out like baby skin.

Since I dont eat dairy or nuts, I am having some trouble getting enough calcium in my diet.

Beside spinach, what do you guys eat, to get enough in your diet?

Elvin

I have wrote in this thread about my digestion/bloating issues in this thread already but just wondering if you have any ideas about my problems with fats. This week i have been trying olive oil, coconut oil, avacados etc and my bloating and constipation are alot worse. They make my stomach completely blocked up, make my body ache, brainfog so i find it hard to concentrate and today there is a unpleasant feeling in the right hand bottom corner of my stomach. I know this diet plan is more about fruits etc and no fats so it's defiently something im going to have to go at but do you have any idea why fats would do this to me?

You Just Have To Look Through The Dark

To See The Glimmers

[sig-img:412]

My Holistic Progress

6 Liver flushes performed so far in 2009

moonbase what can you say about my breakouts... after ejaculation...( I breakout out in about 2 to 3 days after...) You think it has to do with dht.. Please explain, thankks. Honestly when i don't masterbate for a month, my skin turns out like baby skin.

I found "david the skin king" a very reasonable answer to this, scientist dont find a connection between ejaculation and acne, thats true, but david says that when someone ejaculate the body needs more nutrients to produce sperms, lack of nutrients = acne, this could be the answer

My log might be helpful for you,check it out!! tongue.pnghttp://www.acne.org/...stic-pics-incl/

-I controlled my acne after cutting off whey protein, after 4 months it came back.

-Then i tried an strict paleo diet, it worked. But the ocassional few pimples didnt let my PIH fade

-I wasnt happy with my routine, coudnt drink with my friends, eat different food and the worst: i was loosing confidence

-When my PIH was fading, i broke out, because i tried vitamin C to end with the ocassional pimples, which might cause stomach irritation=break out

- I wasnt happy because of my diet, just broke out, and i started accutane asap.

- Currently, im taking accutane even thought my acne is mild, but with persistant PIH, just few weeks left, no more pimples anymore.

"If i had a wish, i woudnt ask for flawless skin, I'd ask for the maxium of confidence"

Poeple think they are going to be happy and confident if they get rid of their acne...well..they are totally wrong

Since I dont eat dairy or nuts, I am having some trouble getting enough calcium in my diet.

Beside spinach, what do you guys eat, to get enough in your diet?

Elvin

sounds kinda crazy but ground up eggshells. google it, its a GREAT source of calcium.

I have wrote in this thread about my digestion/bloating issues in this thread already but just wondering if you have any ideas about my problems with fats. This week i have been trying olive oil, coconut oil, avacados etc and my bloating and constipation are alot worse. They make my stomach completely blocked up, make my body ache, brainfog so i find it hard to concentrate and today there is a unpleasant feeling in the right hand bottom corner of my stomach. I know this diet plan is more about fruits etc and no fats so it's defiently something im going to have to go at but do you have any idea why fats would do this to me?

I believe good digestion starts with proper amounts of HCl. Fat requires bile to digest. When your stomach is emptying it's the stomach acid that triggers the gallbladder to release bile. If there isn't enough HCl in the stomach you wont get that trigger and the fat basically acts as a binder through digestion.

If you can pick up some betaine HCl. A good protocol for taking it is.. take 1 tablet at the beginning of a meal.. if no burning is felt (IN THE STOMACH) after 5 mins, take another.. do this till you feel the burning... when you feel a slight burn, one less pill is your required dose. After a little while you will need to take less and less as your body learns to create more acid. Eat slowly and chewing your food well also stimulates digestion.

@ Ejaculation

My take on it is pretty simple. If you are ejaculating you are sending a signal to your body that you need to reproduce - and your body will make necessary hormones. When you ejaculate your T levels plummet, and then raise higher than they were before.

@ Calcium

Yep eggshell calcium is a good bet - eating fish bones helps too.

Comments:

I believe good digestion starts with proper amounts of HCl. Fat requires bile to digest. When your stomach is emptying it's the stomach acid that triggers the gallbladder to release bile. If there isn't enough HCl in the stomach you wont get that trigger and the fat basically acts as a binder through digestion.

If you can pick up some betaine HCl. A good protocol for taking it is.. take 1 tablet at the beginning of a meal.. if no burning is felt (IN THE STOMACH) after 5 mins, take another.. do this till you feel the burning... when you feel a slight burn, one less pill is your required dose. After a little while you will need to take less and less as your body learns to create more acid. Eat slowly and chewing your food well also stimulates digestion.

Thanks, shall give that a try. Since ive had stomach problems ive tried things like plant enzymes, zinc, l-glutamine to help but they have most times made things worse as well, could low amounts of HCI cause this so that i couldn't deal with these supplements correctly?

You Just Have To Look Through The Dark

To See The Glimmers

[sig-img:412]

My Holistic Progress

6 Liver flushes performed so far in 2009

This is EXTREMELY complicated :( How am I meant to work out a simple diet?

Hold on to your socks - i'll have a ultra version up this weekend. Will go over everything you could possibly want to know.

Comments:

That is quite a good diet. I would try cutting the berries, apple, pineapple and perhaps even the kiwi - all of those fruits can be problem causing.

I would also consider kicking the chicken breast.. you are way over doing it with the protein as it is. I wouldn't eat more than 1lb of fish.

I am also rather surprised you can eat that all in one day - I mean that's A LOT of food. One guess would be that you're eating more than your digestive system can handle.

Are you on any medications/supplements?

If you ate that much or even close to that much for 2 months straight.. you should have gained a pretty fair amount of weight.. 15ish lb's. If you haven't gained that much weight there would be a lack of proper assimilation of that food.

How is your stool, regularity, and over all digestion?

How do you cook the foods, and with what?

EDIT:

I would consider tossing all the vegetables. Just stick to tubers, fruit and fish

I'm 6'3", weigh 200 lbs, and am fairly lean (approx 10% bf). I workout and am pretty strong(600 lb DL, 450 lb squat. Not trying to brag, just pointing out that I do lift heavy if that is an issue), and also am rather active throughout the day, hence my high caloric intake. My workouts are intense but short. 4 days/week, about 30-40 minutes tops. A few years ago when I first started this healthy lifestyle I was anorexic and 135 lb. I've been slowly increasing calories, and subsequently my weight since then. This pretty much maintains my weight right now which isn't too shocking with my activity level. Digestion is really good. I never feel bloated or gassy. I have 2-3 bowel movements per day. Stool is good. My overall digestion has improved drastically over the years, along with general health and well-being, just this persistent damn acne. I bake my fish with herbs and spices. Chicken is made in the crockpot on low. Veggies are steamed or raw(green smoothie). Tubers are baked. I feel like the protein amount is good for me. Any less and I feel I have trouble recovering from workouts. Btw, I stopped working out for about 4 months about a year ago, and dropped my protein intake drastically, and still had acne. This makes me think that my workouts and protein intake are not the problem. I was still eating a very similar diet at the time, except less carbs and more fat.

I appreciate your time and suggestions. I will try cutting back on some veggies(which seems quite weird, but what the hell), and stick more to grapes and melons for fruit, along with yams, and other tubers. Sound like a reasonable plan?

Just thought i'd chime in...outofoptions, since that is quite a lot of food split into four meals, maybe it would be wise to split it into ever smaller portions...if nothing else works, it might be worth a shot.

Call me TV.

snapback.pngmoonbase, on , said:

To the OP. Dieting is silly. The only point of a diet should be to heal your body. Once that's done as long as you get the nutrients you need in you diet, you can eat whatever the hell you want. I think that's the big thing people are missing.

Question

Are any types of bread, beans (the kind like Heinz), crackers, or tinned soups ok? Or anything that isn't on the list in the first post? Eggs maybe?

Also, you mentioned about only having ethically raised chicken. What's the difference, in relation to acne, about a cheap one from the supermarket freezer? I need a list of acne-safe meats.

Very informative btw, thanks a lot.

Hold on to your socks - i'll have a ultra version up this weekend. Will go over everything you could possibly want to know.

I've been looking forward to the updated version for a while now. The first post is already very informative.

*jeopardy music*

Instead of looking for the right person, become the right person.

If you treat your self/symptom with a lot more compassion, you'll find your skin heals much faster when it's not constantly in store for a thrashin'. Rather than blasting the sound of what you're currently treating your face with, the case may be you just need to change the station and re-evaluate you and your skin's relationship . It's easier than you think to relate with, because much like mainstream radio emotions always make for underrated yet relevant statements.

My website is in progress and will probably benefit you in some way.

soon-honey-bear-bottle.jpg
2 people like this

Comments:

1276816663787_Reaction_faces_part_1-s311x311-151500-580.jpg
2 people like this

Instead of looking for the right person, become the right person.

If you treat your self/symptom with a lot more compassion, you'll find your skin heals much faster when it's not constantly in store for a thrashin'. Rather than blasting the sound of what you're currently treating your face with, the case may be you just need to change the station and re-evaluate you and your skin's relationship . It's easier than you think to relate with, because much like mainstream radio emotions always make for underrated yet relevant statements.

My website is in progress and will probably benefit you in some way.

How about all organic, grass feed meats? Are those allowed? Liver=yum, but not unless organic, and loads of beans, potatoes, yuka, spinach, coconut milk, brown rice, coconut oil, and fish!

Oh, and fruits of course! Melons, banana's, some apples (not a big fan), drizzled in some raw honey!

Hi moonbase,

This is an interesting take on the acne/diet idea ... you've certainly got quite a depth and breadth of nutritional knowledge! I'm a nursing student with a bit of an interest in nutrition, and I was just wondering if you would mind compiling a bibliography? I'd be really interested to check out some of the sources you've used. It'd be a great resource for people who would like to look into these things a little further for themselves.