This topic is archived.
247 replies to this topic

#1 moonbase

moonbase

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 September 2011 - 03:21 AM

[CURRENTLY IN THE PROCESS OF RE-WRITING THIS AND MAKING A DEFINITIVE GUIDE - STAY TUNED]

Well this I hope will become the foundation for what is considered the acne diet. I'm going to make this relitively short, but what I hope happens is it starts to spark brain cells. I will gladly answer any detailed questions, but i'm making this as digestable as possible for the masses. I suffered from acne for upwards of 10 years (and i'm talking full face of ance.. inflammed cysts, scars, you name it), and I cured myself for life.

Why you have acne:

First off, you're broken and everything i am going to write is based on this clear and crucial information. You're broken because you do not have the proper mineral stores or vitamin stores in place to properly regulate everything i'm going to talk about. You are in an imbalanced state - and to simplify, it's a two facet problem. Inflammation and hormones - which are intertwined on many levels.

Inflammation:

You're in an inflamed state, you have low, or perhaps even high levels of inflammatory markers, the severity of your inflammatory acne is a good indicator of this. Why are you inflamed? Well, to simplify things i'm going to make the assumption you're currently not on any medications - as that can complicate everything.

Inflammation starts in the gut. You are inflamed because your gut is not working properly, and this is a multi faceted issue, but to simply things, its 99.9% due to an incorrect balance of bacteria/microbes, due to the living conditions in your gut being out of wack. Why are they out of wack? Well you're body isn't getting the nutrients in your diet that you need to maintain that balance. There is a genetic link involved but, that's neither here nor there, long story story short, you have acne, and you have to deal with it. Most gut issues arise from consuming a nutrient poor diet in childhood (large amounts of poly unsaturated acids via vegetable oils, grains/legumes, sugars, soda etc) but the bottom line is, you are were not getting the required "stuff" to make things work. This is why pro-biotics work to a certain degree, but never fully solve the problem and you constantly have to consume them to gain the desired effects. In a working system, the bacteria/microbes in your gut are constantly reproducing properly, keeping the bad bugs at bay, and making sure the system is working perfectly. Food that you eat, is not only fuel for you, but fuel for the bacteria/microbes inside you. We are symbiotic beings from that perspective, we need them to function properly - the produce vitamins for us, and also protect our bodies from foreign microbial invasion. Now, the incorrect bacteria/microbes in our guts produce endotoxins, and it's these endotoxins which are the spark plugs for the inflammation.. and having a gut that is not properly functioning will let in even more endotoxin (what you would refer to as a "leaky gut").

Hormones:

Hormones are what controls the second precursor to acne, and that's the release of sebum from the oil glands. They are androgen sensitive (T and DHT mainly). Now these hormones are elevated because our body because our body is malnourished/not functioning correctly and they help dealing with stress, and balance other hormones. DHT is our bodies natural way as strengthening the system to better deal with stress. Increases the amount of sweat glands, and the stregnth of our autonomic nervous system - T improves muscle tone (perhaps to better catch prey,find food, get away with enemies.. the primal list goes on.... T is required for DHT). Also, DHT is an antagonist for estrogen, which will be elevated by endotoxins and microbial imbalance. Estrogen gets elevated for a few reasons... One being when bacteria is out of control it sets up a terrible disaster --- Normally the liver deactivates estrogen, and sends it out in bile for elimination however in the broken individual the bacteria will re-activate it - now with a leaky gut, it slips right back into the blood stream. The cycle continues...

Now i'm going to make some connections:

Stress - when your body becomes stressed, part of the stress response is to make our guts more permeable - so we can absorb a high amount of nutrients in a short time to help us deal with the stress at hand. In a perfect world, stress is not a common occurance, and this would only happen in dire situations. However, when a body isn't properly fueled, it has a very hard time dealing with stress in the first place, and when it's constantly around, this toxins seriously build up. The stress reaction also uses up vitamins, and minerals to produce stress hormones. Stress hormones are horrible for the body on many levels (dont need to explain, but from ROS to tissue degeneration). Stress also links back to DHT,as stated above (which is produced my sebum glands)

GI Diet - Eating a low GI diet will certainly help your acne situation, because in a body that's not correctly working and 'most people' for that matter insulin will spike very high when you eat high GI foods, or for more able bodies -- on a regular basis. A high GI diet will also aid in the dis-regulation of microbes in the gut. A high release of insulin also starts the cascade of hormone creation that leads to a large release of sebum. So eating high GI foods effects both facets of the problem. However, eating a moderate, and even slightly high GI diet doesn't necessarily mean you're going to have a large release of insulin because there are other compounds in the blood that control blood sugar other than insulin, but in a body that's not working correctly it almost completely relies on insulin to do this job. A high GI diet is one of the main precursors that got you into this mess - and it was likely during your adolescent years before acne took hold that most of the damage was done.

Fats - Most of us can agree that vegetable oils are bad for us. Infact the large degree of omega 6 laced vegetable oils in our societies diet today is the main reason you're currently in this mess. However, where i'd like to stray away from the advice on these forums is that fats on a whole are bad for someone who's 'broken'. Fat is essential however, basing a diet around fat, and avoiding carboyhydrates is not going to make the situation any better. Nuts, olive oil, seeds, grains, and animal fat (beef, pork, poultry, etc) will all worsen the situation. Fat has a particular function on the gut - while not particularly contributing the amount of bacteria in the gut, it's the poly unsaturated fats that got you into this mess in the first place, and I can't recommend them. The reason it can make things worse is that when the small intestines absorbs fat for use, it actually enlarges the junctions and in a broken individual this is allowing more endotoxins into our blood, and thus an increase in inflammation - and in this broken body, the fat also gives the body extra material for creating hormones so in effect it's a double whammy, just like a high GI diet. So a high fat diet, is also not the answer in the short term. Now eating a high fat diet has many ancestral ties, but in your current situation you're not going to be well adapted to a high fat diet. To add to this, for the proper digestion of fats you require high levels of bile output and a properly functioning liver - but when your liver is constantly dealing with toxins, excess hormones(stress and androgen's), lack of vitamins/minerals it is very unlikely that your liver is functioning correctly.

Probiotics - there is no doubt in my mind that probiotics have a beneficial effect, but as I stated above, in a broken system you must constantly be pumping them into your system to get desired effects. The best way to look at is that your planting a flower in dead soil.. the plant may survive for a short time, but in the end it was destined to die. You can't expect them to work if you haven't got a system where they can thrive and flourish.

Olive leaf, or other anti microbials - Now these follow the same logic as the probiotics, yes you might see some positive effects, but at the end of the day, it's like stepping on ants... they just keep coming back no matter what you do, as long as there is food for them. Not an effective remedy by any stretch.

Topical Treatments - They either work by killing the bacteria on the surface of the skin, limiting its ability to create acne, or by reducing the size of the oil glands to reduce sebum output. Either way, they are not fixes.

Accutane - Accutane is a temporary fix, it works by shutting down, and shrinking your oil glands, so that you no longer produce large amounts of sebum, so you essentially take out one facet of the problem.. and acne no longer occurs. For less damaged individuals the glands do not regrow, however for the more weaker ones, the glands regrow and you're back to square one.

Moving forward:

Well to truly combat the horrible situation you're in, you have to make some sacrifices in the short term. It's not an easy process but the more drastic the change in your diet, the quicker your body will heal and return to its proper state.

So where do you start?

Well step one is eliminating foods that cause problems:

Overt fats: You may not like it but, the complete elimination of overt fats - this means no nuts, no seeds, no vegetable oils (except coconut in small quantity), no red meat, no poultry, no sauces.. pretty much anything that contains fat is going to make life difficult.. but don't worry it isn't forever, it's just in the recovery phase.. when things are in good condition, you can transition to a high fat paleo/primal diet if you wish (google them if interested). Though a high carbohydrate diet is a much healthier diet, as long as it's the right carbohydrates.

Grains/legumes/seeds/nuts: These foods are all difficult to digest (gut damaging), contain anti-nutrients (compounds which inhibit the proper digestion and or utilization of nutrients), contain large amounts of omega 6 fats, and are not nutrient dense enough for you in your current state. To digest any food, your body requires the use of vitamins and minerals, if you consume a diet heavy in nutrient poor foods, the less your body is going to get out of it - and since you're broken, you need to get as much as you can in, rather than out. Again, when things are working properly.. you can eat them again.. but remember, the more bad you put in, the more likely you'll be back at square one.

Sugar: I dont feel like I even need to dedicate any time to this, but yes, sugar or any atificial sweetener is absolutely out of the question.

Fish oil supplements: I'm not even sure why anyone is taking them these days, with all the studies on there completely horrible effects. Basically fish oil supps are as rancid and vegetable oils, and provide little benefit and far more harm then good. Cut them out.. eat seafood instead.

Quaky supplements: If a supplement is quacky (IE. anti microbials, primrose, grape seed etc.) cut it out, it's not doing jack.

High GI: When it comes to foods that don't apply to the above, but are also high GI (IE. white potatoes etc), it's best to avoid them for now.

So WTF can I eat?

3-4 meals a day, and enough calories for you individual needs. Must eat protein with each meal.

Seafood: Oysters, clams, salmon, cod, sole, halibut etc. Fish have low levels of fat, high levels of other nutrients. You really dont need very much fat at all to properly function. To cook these fish you can use coconut oil. Coconut oil is the exception to the rule.. while it is a vegetable oil it contains very very low levels of omega 6 fats, and is almost entirely medium chain saturated fatty acids, which don't require bile to be digest, leaving the bile you do produce to help digest the rest of your meal. (avoid mackerel, herring, saury and sardines - large amounts of fat, and usually rancid - [EDIT] if you live near or on the ocean, getting these fish fresh of the boat is fine, and the large concentrations of omega-3 are beneficial).

Other Meats: If you must, eating very lean meats such as:: Ethical raised - boneless, skinless chicken breat (trimmed of all fat), turkey [EDIT] Grass fed lean beef, and organ meats from all of the above. Organ meats contain less fat, and high levels of nutrients.

Vegetables: Generally speaking vegetables are fine, you can eat them raw, or lightly cooked. They contain plenty of good stuff, and the wider variety the better! Some super stars are: Squashes, spinach, kale, turnips, raw carrots, cabbage. Yes some may be slightly giotrogenic in nature, but for now, that's the least of your worries.

Starches: Well to get an adequate amount of calories a small amount of starch is nessasary, but starch is a huge player in the dis-regulation of microbial flora, so avoiding as much as possible is beneficial however lower GI starches such as sweet potatoes are not the end of the world and can be eaten daily in moderation.

Fruit: Now this is where you go nuts.. fruit is bar none the most health promoting food you can get your hands on. Eat as much as possible, the majority of your calories should be coming from fruit.. eat a variety.. go absolutely fruit crazy!!! I'm not a fan of the following: citrus(citric acid is hard on the body and can cause cysts in many), or bananas (lots of indigestible starch - serotonin).. but everything else is game as long as you don't have an individual problem with it. Aim for about 20-30 peices of fruit a day.

Wise Supplements: Every morning before eating, drink a few glasses of water.. to get the bowels going. Drink chamomile tea, take liver supporting supplements (milk thistle, dandelion).. to aid in getting rid of the toxic build up. However, just going with a whole food approach is just fine.

Other: Spirulina (google it, has amazing health promoting properties), chlorella (similar to spirulina, but has beneficial and synergistic properties when combined with spirulina).

[EDIT]

Food Quality: I thought this is something that needs to be addressed. The quaility of food we eat is very poor in this day and age. The soil is sick, and plants require the use of large amounts of chemicals just so they don't get attacked by insects/microbes. This means that the plants are NOT getting what they need, so when we rely on these plants for fuel, we're not going to get what WE need. Same goes for the meat industry, the animals are sick and require the use of large amounts of antibiotics because what they are fed is a horrible concoction, that has no place in their diet. So I would strongly recommend eating a purely organic fruit/veggies, ethically raised meats, and wild fish.

So you made it this far:

...and you're a little skeptical. I want you to do something for just 2 days. I promise you will see a positive result, and this result will prove everything above (I have all the proof I need, in the thousands of hours of reading i've done, but you might). For one->two days, eat only fruit. Pick 3-4 fruits which you are not allergic too, and eat ALOT, enough for 4 reasonably sized meals. Avoid what I said above. Some great examples are plums, blueberries, apricots, melons, and kiwi.

Now I am really putting myself out there, but this is very researched. I have not included much of my reasoning because i'm not writing a book. Before you make a rash judgement, please inquire about the specifics and i'll do my best to help explain things to you. Unfortunately science has yet to come up with a direct brain transfer so bare with me. This specific diet is not a lifelong diet, but depending on the sevarity of your condition, you may have to eat a strict diet for a significant amount of time. I will also ad, that this is not just an acne fix, but this will fix you're body for many issues down the road..

Some tidbits for the fervent: Diabetes has been very effectively treated with high carbohydrate diets. I used to dwell in the paleo/primal sphere. I once used to believe in candida(though i'll only admit it to you guys). I once though low carbohydrate diets was the only way to eat. Their are many primitive cultures that thrived almost exclusively on carbohydrates, and did not experience obesity, heart disease, malignancy, or any western diseases. As a civilization, we've been eating a diet primarily of carbs for many years. Things are more complicated than you think, question everything. Posted Image Take care - and have yourself a good day

Edited by moonbase, 07 October 2011 - 04:55 AM.

#2 captainsunshine

captainsunshine

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 September 2011 - 07:37 AM

I was with you entirely, up to the point you mentioned 'eating as much fruit as possible' bit. My skin is a whole lot better when I completely avoid fruit, probably a personal thing to me, but I seem to have a problem with fructose. I've been strict Paleo, almost two years, and I know what it takes to get clear skin. Eat everything you've laid out, (maybe without fruit), and exercise til you sweat.

#3 freeliving

freeliving

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 September 2011 - 07:48 AM

diet is only one part of the issue. the part being what i advocate, what you put on your skin damages the skins natural process.

#4 borie88

borie88

Getting there

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:中文,sports, languages, singing, music, etc.

Posted 25 September 2011 - 08:11 AM

Most people here have insulin resistance. I don't think eating fruit would help that out too much. The glycemic load of an all fruit diet is very high. I would like to see where you got that fats cause increase intestinal permeability. Also, proteins cause insulin release while fats don't. I just don't agree with cutting out fats.

#5 freeliving

freeliving

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 September 2011 - 08:36 AM

Most people here have insulin resistance. I don't think eating fruit would help that out too much. The glycemic load of an all fruit diet is very high. I would like to see where you got that fats cause increase intestinal permeability. Also, proteins cause insulin release while fats don't. I just don't agree with cutting out fats.

are you saying most people on this forum have diabetes?

#6 borie88

borie88

Getting there

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 September 2011 - 08:53 AM

No, insulin resistance alone is considered the precursor to diabetes. The degree of insulin resistance different people have is different, but most people here have it

#7 freeliving

freeliving

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 September 2011 - 09:09 AM

No, insulin resistance alone is considered the precursor to diabetes. The degree of insulin resistance different people have is different, but most people here have it

how would you know that the majority of 146,706 people (over 73353 people), have it?

If insulin resistance exists, more insulin needs to be secreted by the pancreas. If this compensatory increase does not occur, blood glucose concentrations increase and type 2 diabetes occurs

Edited by freeliving, 25 September 2011 - 09:15 AM.

#8 popsi

popsi

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 8
About Me

Posted 25 September 2011 - 09:43 AM

@moonbase: What about diary? You did not mention whether its good or bad to eat diary.
As regards fruits: I am going to eat fruits for two days (nothing else). I will eat PAPAYAS including the seeds.

#9 borie88

borie88

Getting there

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 September 2011 - 09:47 AM

The increased amounts of insulin that the pancreas has to secrete leads to inflammation, causing acne. Fortunately for many people with this condition, the pancreas is able to excrete elevated insulin levels for a long time, so they do not develop diabetes.

#10 freeliving

freeliving

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 September 2011 - 09:54 AM

The increased amounts of insulin that the pancreas has to secrete leads to inflammation, causing acne. Fortunately for many people with this condition, the pancreas is able to excrete elevated insulin levels for a long time, so they do not develop diabetes.

you still avoided my first question, ill ask it again.

how would you know that the majority of 146,706 people (over 73353 people), have it?

#11 borie88

borie88

Getting there

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 September 2011 - 10:12 AM

because ive tested every single one of them myself

#12 moonbase

moonbase

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 September 2011 - 11:59 AM

I appreciate your additions, but i'm going ask people to filter questions through me in this post - you're welcome to disagree and post your standpoint.

@boris88

Insulin is not a large contributor to inflammation unless you're greatly insulin resistant, and it's the high blood sugar that is causing inflammation. Insulin is the precursor to hormonal release, because for one hormones (specifically dht) have the ability to control blood sugar. Not everyone is full blown insulin resistant but i would say that if you have acne you have some serious issues with blood sugar regulation.

@popsi

Dairy for the most part is high fat, and I have discussed fat in detail within this post. I would stay away from dairy, and stick to only foods I listed, for the reasons I listed. More over a person that's damaged will not likely produce proper levels of enzymes (all of them) due to vitamin/mineral deficiencies and the chronic insulin release - so the lactose will be food for bacteria, rather than you. Once things are back to normal, you should be able to consume dairy. A functioning body of any race can and will increase lactase as long as the body knows there is a need for it. Many african tribes survived on a very high goat/bovine dairy diet.

Thanks for giving it a shot! btw.. never heard of eating papaya seeds, and I'm not sure I would recommend it, as fruit seeds often contain some nasty stuff.. however papaya is fantastic!

@freeliving

Topicals are only effective at treating the symptoms, not the cause. Avoiding them, and healing yourself from within is what this post is all about. Acne is an internal problem-- sure you can make it worse with harsh topicals - wont disagree there.

@captainsunshine

Your issues with fruit likely stem from chemical sensitivities on non-organic fruit - some people can also have allegies due to cross reactivity however I do not believe fruit breaks you out (other than those I have listed and possibly peaches - serotonin - lack of mao enzyme) Another possiblity is what you're combing your fruit with.. if you're eating fruit with red meat/highfat and other difficult to digest food, its not the fruit but the combination that's causing the issue. Fruit contains near everything you need to function properly, is very easy to digest and utilize. Fructose is not bad, when glucose and fructose are eaten in very similar amounts it inhibits the release of insulin while not spiking blood sugar or triglycerides in any meaningful way. So my suggestion is eat organic ripe fruit alone, and I can guarantee you will not break out. Only combine it with foods above, and you should be on easy street.

Exercise is well and good, but it's not the source of the problem - exercise helps you manage your blood sugar better, and reduces inflammatory markers. It's definitely a good thing to do, but i'm trying to dig deeper and address the root causes.

Edited by moonbase, 25 September 2011 - 01:22 PM.

#13 borie88

borie88

Getting there

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 September 2011 - 12:36 PM

So going back to the question I originally asked, where are your sources that say fat intake causes increased intestinal permeability?

#14 moonbase

moonbase

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 September 2011 - 12:50 PM

@ boris
In regards to reistance... the right carbohydrates greatly help insulin resistance, as your body is a learning machine, and supplied with the right stuff insulin sensitivity occurs. Type 2 diabetes has been treated very effectively with high carb diets - it's the type of carbs your eating, not carbs that are the problem.

I dont see that question, but i'll answer it. I've read a few indicating studies on the matter but here is a quote from one:

"Dietary fats are digested and absorbed by the enterocytes and packaged into chylomicrons. Chylomicrons are packaged by the enterocytes and secreted into the intercellular space by exocytosis [19]. The journey of the chylomicrons from the intercellular space to the lamina propria is hampered by the basement membrane and thus, they accumulate in the intercellular space. As a result, the intercellular space becomes greatly distended, which probably loosens the junctional complex between the enterocytes. The junctional complexes are comprised of tight junctions, adherens junctions, gap junctions, and desmosomes, which are dynamic structures that restrict the passage of macromolecules larger than 50A. To allow the chylomicrons to cross the basement membrane, one possible mechanism is that there is breakage of the basement membrane."

Now don't get my stance wrong on fats, I am saying in the acne stricken individual, things are not working correctly. When you correct those issues, eating an alternative diet to what I suggest is perfectly fine. What I present is the fastest and most sound way to get from point A (broken) to point B (fixed)

Edited by moonbase, 25 September 2011 - 12:53 PM.

#15 tim12

tim12

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:I enjoy short walks on the beach.

Achievements

Posted 25 September 2011 - 02:07 PM

Hey moonbase, I'm curious to what your stance is on coconut oil? Are you against fish oil because of the rancidity? What of the tests by Consumerlab, where they test for things like that? And could you expand your definition of quaky supplement, since there's a good amount of research on things like primrose oil. Thanks!

#16 moonbase

moonbase

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 September 2011 - 02:20 PM

I address coconut oil in my post - it's the only oil I advocate. Don't go willy nilly, a lot will still get you into the same issues as other fats. Coconut will also help with metabolism (indirectly- detox horsepower), microbial overload, and normal bodily functions.

My stance on quaky supplements is simple. When you add something to your regimen and see some marginal success.. you are really just treating said product like a drug, which is not addressing the problem, merely circumventing the issue. With your bodies extreme will to search for equilibrium, the short term success you see will likely fade within weeks - as the process that's going on in your body that causes acne is a defense mechanism for reasons I stated in my post. I dont like to paint all supplements with the same brush, but what I aim to do is address the problem at hand, that's causing the acne. Certain supplements can be beneficial (vitamins, magnesium, etc), but are expensive, not terrible effective in an individual with persistent acne. Fish oil has loads of problems, just do a quick search, and you'll find some very good articles. By and large, the root of acne is very similar from person to person and the solution is very similar - you are what you eat.

#17 tim12

tim12

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:I enjoy short walks on the beach.

Achievements

Posted 25 September 2011 - 02:45 PM

Sorry, I must of skimmed over it the first time!

As for fish oil, I don't mean to be rude, but claiming that something that is generally seen as good, provided you get quality fish oil, and not providing any information on the matter is a bit of a cop out. The general belief is that it's good, and I've only come across little things here and there like the DHA & prostate cancer correlation, but nothing ever conclusive. I know there's issues like contamination and rancidity, but that can be addressed by buying good fish oil/krill oil. Other than that, I'd appreciate some direction and specificity on the matter.

#18 chunkylard

chunkylard

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 September 2011 - 02:57 PM

There's absolutely NOTHING wrong with eating lots of fats, be it from coconut or beef or poultry. Fat is the preferred energy source for our bodies. Your brain is made of saturated fat for gods sake (among other things.) Eat all the coconut/beef/poultry you want as long as you're getting adequate nutrition overall.

I get probably about 70g of fat a day on average, most from coconut/meat/fish and sometimes from olive oil. I had a full lipid profiling (not just HDL/LDL cholesterol) done and my doctor actually complemented my results. What problems do you see with fish oil? The mercury/PCB issue? Technology has come a far way and it's not hard to completely filter those contaminants out (if they were even there in the first place, depending on the place of origin of the source fish.)

Vitamins aren't the least bit expensive. I guess if you're 16 and don't have a job, they can be expensive. But for anyone making more than minimum wage, vitamins are inexpensive and a great investment towards longevity and health.

Many African tribes? You mean the Maasai and nobody else?

Type 2 diabetes being treated with high-carb diets? Uhhh, no. I don't know what quack medical journals you've been reading, but a high carb diet is an awesome way to GIVE yourself type-2 diabetes. High-carb diets are bad for everyone, acne or not. A high-carb diet IS unhealthy inherently because it's impossible to eat a high-carb diet AND eat healthy. Not to mention, if someone is insulin resistant, the last thing they should be doing is eating plenty of carbs. You can't possibly eat a high-carb diet if said carbs all came from green leafy veggies. It's physically impossible. I think the problem here is that you read something relating to high-carbohydrate eating and a Type-II Diabetes connection and you completely misunderstood it.

Edited by chunkylard, 25 September 2011 - 02:57 PM.

#19 moonbase

moonbase

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 September 2011 - 03:15 PM

Thats fine - no offense taken. The problem with fish oil supplements is that testing protocol doesn't really test how oxidized the oils are - they test to a certain degree but it's not a thoroughly done. Omega 3 oils are the most volatile oils imaginable.. not only do they go rancid quickly when exposed to air, but they also go rancid in our digestive tract. There anti inflammatory benefits come from the oxidation of these fats, and the immunosuppresive qualities they have. The basic principle is simple, you only need 10% of your calories from fat - popping fish oil supplements is not the way to go.

@chunkylard

You're missing the point. I find it hard to believe you actually read my post and understood it. I know a huge amount about a high fat diet. I know the exact perspective your coming from. I am not discrediting a high fat diet (though it's not what I eat), what I am saying as for someone that's in a seriously broken state, there are better, and more effective ways at dealing with the issues at hand. Holding on to a notion, like it's the holy grail doesn't do you any good or anyone else. I believe it is you who needs to do research. I am advocating a diet that will quickly resolve someone with a strong dis-regulation. Diabetes and carbohydrate connection is silly - it's the type of carbs/fats you consume that causes the inflammatory issue. My point with the african tribes is to discredit the notion that certain races have a problem with milk - which isn't true and getting at the point of nutritional deficiencies(enzyme creation) and gut health are the real culprits behind intolerance.

[EDIT]

My recommendations are far beyond the principles of healthy eating - I've researched that for ages and ages. When you get passed skimming the surface of the nutritional atmosphere, you realise things are far more complicated than you think.. it's not a battle of macro-nutrients. What I am now doing is taking everything i've learned and compiling a dietary regemine that targets acne, and related issues - fixes them.. so you can return to any diet you wish (within reason of course).

Edited by moonbase, 25 September 2011 - 03:38 PM.

#20 bryan

bryan

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 September 2011 - 03:25 PM

@moonbase: What about diary? You did not mention whether its good or bad to eat diary.

Chewing on old diaries isn't particularly good for you, although it's a good source of fiber! Posted Image