Photo

Proactiv Is The Worst Piece Of... [Pictures]

proactiv sucks worst ever pictures acne teenager

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 Caleido

Caleido

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 25 September 2011 - 02:33 AM

Hi!

I'm 16 and a girl and I have very persistant acne, especially on my cheeks and forehead,. I've never had much problem on my temples, my nose and especially my mouth.
Let me just say that my mouth = never any real problem. I may have had a pimple or two (really small ones) a few times but nothing too embarassing.

So I started using ProActiv over two weeks ago, and my result:
My skin has gotten very oily (something I never had a problem with before) and I have more inflammed pimples.

I am so mad at that stupid formula, because it does nothing but bad. It actually looks as if I'm about to break a sweat... constantly.

My nose used to pretty much be smooth before:
Now
[removed]

I never had any problem with acne around my mouth before:
Now
[removed]

[removed]

I will never recommend ProActiv to anyone, seriously. My skin is oily and itchy and shiny.

Feel free to share your thoughts, pictures and experiences.

If you think that it doesn't look too bad. I went from area clear to several small pimples. I have a lot more on my cheeks and forehead.

Edited by Caleido, 02 August 2013 - 02:04 AM.

#2 allrighty

allrighty

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 25 September 2011 - 04:33 AM

Yes its shit, I wouldnt use it...try BP from your local chemist...youll get a slight breakout until all the crap comes to the surface....this could actually be happening now with you using the Proactiv...an initual breakout....chin up ok.

#3 Caleido

Caleido

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 25 September 2011 - 06:41 AM

Yes its shit, I wouldnt use it...try BP from your local chemist...youll get a slight breakout until all the crap comes to the surface....this could actually be happening now with you using the Proactiv...an initual breakout....chin up ok.

I got an appointment with a dermatologist tomorrow, so I'll probably be kicking the stuff :)
I waited pantiently with ProActiv, but still having a lot of pimples surfacing after over two weeks is kind of weird, especially in places were I never get pimples, plus I hate my skin being so greasy. I mean so what if I get a little greasy but it's a LOT in this case.
BP works best for me, but the formula that was the best for me so far has been discontinued (even with the BP I still couldn't get rid of it all).

#4 allrighty

allrighty

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 28 September 2011 - 01:43 AM

Id stop Proactive....bin it or sell it on ebay like I did with my set lol

#5 Caleido

Caleido

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 30 September 2011 - 01:38 PM

Id stop Proactive....bin it or sell it on ebay like I did with my set lol

I got something real prescribed and shipped it back :-)

#6 allrighty

allrighty

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 30 September 2011 - 10:58 PM

Good one lol what u get as its replacement?

#7 Gutterflower

Gutterflower

Self-Proclaimed Art Nerd

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 4
About Me

Achievements

Posted 01 October 2011 - 04:19 AM

I hear you... Proactiv was the worst thing I've ever done for my acne, and I feel like it's a huge money-sucking scam with all its stalls and commercials and celebrity endorsements. It gives people so much hope and lets a lot of them down in a very big way. Plus their customer service is basically non-existent and it's near impossible to cancel a subscription with them.

Plus Justin Bieber endorses it so obviously it must be straight from Hell.

Why join the navy if you can be a pirate?

Hi, I'm Elle.

#8 PaulH85

PaulH85

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 11
About Me

Posted 01 October 2011 - 05:54 AM

I don't think it's just Proactive which produces results like this. I feel that all products like this and all those over-the-counter, 3 or 4-step programs make things worse. They're loaded with all sorts of harsh chemicals and I can't believe I ever thought it was a good idea putting that stuff on my skin.

I think I'm lucky in that I haven't done too much damage to my skin with these things over the years. The tone is a little off and I think that's because I used such harsh products all the time for a few years. Plus I used to wash too much so really dried the skin out. Don't suppose that helped. Deep down, I know that using these products turned the odd teenage-hormone-related pimple into persistent, moderate acne. I honestly can't see that I would still be getting acne or even the odd pimple at 26 had I had the knowledge and the products to treat it properly right at the start. But when you're 13 or around that age, everyone just says it's what happens and you'll grow out of it and that the seemingly amazing products they see on TV are naturally the best option. That's an iron turn of phrase, given that there's nothing natural about them.

Out of all this, I suppose the knowledge and experience does become invauable. For example, if I knew of someone heading into their teens and starting with problem skin, if if I become a father later on in life and my children potentially face the same thing, I would be able to tell them what to do. Most importantly, I would be able to tell them what not to do.

Edited by PaulH85, 01 October 2011 - 05:55 AM.

Thoughts become words
Words become actions
Actions become habits
Habits become character
Character becomes destiny
It is time to change my destiny

You look like a guy I banged once.

#9 gems2889

gems2889

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 02 October 2011 - 03:31 PM

yes its crap! excuse my french I used proactive for 3 yrs and it did wonders for me but I stop using it 2 months ago and my skin broke out in tiny bumps now i am on retin a micro trying to repair my skin and I am in the intial break out stage and I f hating it Posted Image ahhh sorry. I hope you find something that can remove those lil suckers... Proactive you suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by gems2889, 02 October 2011 - 03:34 PM.

#10 Guest_james123321_*

Guest_james123321_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 02 October 2011 - 06:23 PM

Ya and the worst part about proactiv is getting your money back when it doesn't work. It took me something like 8 months of constant calling and filing complaints with the BBB.