cystic acne head turning aspirin home remedy subside severe acne cyst pop

6 replies to this topic

#1 AndyJFR

AndyJFR

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 September 2011 - 10:57 PM

How does a cystic acne lession subside and go away?
I've heard that they turn into a head, then you pop them, but with severe acne, i just get pimples and the lot, then remove wat ever heads I have with a needle. I don't really remember detail of each of my pimples.

I've heard of using aspirin to turn cysts to heads in 2 days, but I'm unsure of trying this as some home remedies I've used on cystic acne just made them worse. Does this work? and are there other treatments that will actually turn a cyst into a head?

that is crushing aspirin up, adding water then applying directly onto the cyst

#2 austin123

austin123

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 September 2011 - 06:54 PM

Murad spot treatment does, i had about 3 along my jaw line, 3 weeks later(they were deep) they were gone, and 6 months later the marks were gone.

#3 feebedel

feebedel

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 September 2011 - 09:01 PM

Only way to get Nodules/cysts to really go away fast is a cortisone shot. IT's usually too deep for topicals to do much. To try to get it to a head try using a warm compress at night. It'll speed the process up. The Asprin I don't think will help it come to a head but will dry it out a bit.
-Feebedel
-150mg Spironolactone since July 5th, 2011
-Finacea gel since June 15, 2011

#4 J is for me

J is for me

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 September 2011 - 12:22 PM

You could try Retin A. It won't be as fast as 2 days but it's supposed to speed up the cycle of your cells regeneration. I used it on my jawline when I had a few cysts and it cleared them up after a few weeks.

#5 uoduck05

uoduck05

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 September 2011 - 06:01 PM

My doctor told me to put pure castor oil on it and then cover with a bandaid over night...this seems to work for me. It takes a few days, but it helps keep me from picking at it and making scars.

#6 changedmynamefinally

changedmynamefinally

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 October 2011 - 11:54 AM

isotretanoin gel usually just gets rid of spots, doesnt turn them into a head, just makes them go staight away

#7 mooninja

mooninja

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 8
About Me

Achievements

Posted 06 October 2011 - 02:28 PM

i agree with uoduck05, i use castor oil and warm washcloths twice a day for at least 30 mins. about 2 weeks ago i went out and bought some gauze and medical tape (since a bandaid wasn't big enough to cover the area i wanted) and put castor oil on my skin, cover it then go to sleep. castor oil gets rid of them faster than anything i've tried. sometimes i'll change it up and mix calamine lotion with aspirin, leave it on for 30 mins, then wash off. but that's only when i don't feel like going thru the hassle of holding a washcloth on my face for 30+ mins.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users