Photo

Claravis Log - 30 Year Old Female

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
85 replies to this topic

#81 Sensitisma

Sensitisma

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 02 March 2012 - 04:51 AM

I took my last pill last night! I can't believe I'm already finished with this treatment. I hope my skin remains clear (I'd love for it to stay dry too, actually). On a makeup note, I just got a tube of Stila Sheer Color SPF20 Tinted Moisturizer, so I'm going to give it a try instead of wearing my 3 usual things during the day since my skin is in fairly good shape.

I've really enjoyed and appreciated interacting with everyone on this forum, sharing progress, exchanging advice, and just having others to talk to who are going through the same thing I am. Thank you! :)

I will post periodic updates on this log so you can see what my post-accutane experience is like. Right now I have one very small pimple on my cheek because I accidentally flung some hair heat protectant in my face. In the past, that would have been a giant nodule.

#82 brownbag

brownbag

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 March 2012 - 02:39 PM

Yay! I'm so happy for you! It was super fantastic having you as an accutane buddy. Now be off with you and enjoy your clear, beautiful skin. =) You'll be able to wear lipsticks and lipglosses again!

Edited by brownbag, 02 March 2012 - 02:40 PM.

#83 Sensitisma

Sensitisma

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 02 March 2012 - 06:53 PM

I am seriously excited to wear lipstick again! I've been able to where gloss: Clinique Superbalm in Raspberry, and Smashbox Limitless Longwearing Gloss SPF15 in Endless. Those glosses have actually been my lips's saviors (and Aquaphor) during treatment because they seal in the moisture for a few hours. They have been perfect for work and those shades are really nice on my fair skin.

The Stila TM feels a little tacky/sticky, but it looks nice and wears well through the day. I'll give it more time for my final opinion.

#84 pooratbest

pooratbest

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 March 2012 - 01:15 AM

how's your post accutane skin doing?

#85 Sensitisma

Sensitisma

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 02 April 2012 - 04:58 PM

It's been a month and my skin is doing really well! I can't use the Tazorac my derm gave me to try because my skin is too sensitive, but I haven't needed it. I'm thinking about trying an over the counter retinol product to rebuild my tolerance. I don't need foundation anymore, my skin is feeling less sensitive and delicate these days, and I have received several compliments on how pretty it looks! My current skin care routine has only changed a little from what I did while on 'tane. I have added the Paula's Choice Resist Advanced Replenishing Toner (day and night), and her salycilic acid gel at night. The toner is really soothing and calms any redness I may have after cleansing. I also use the Clarisonic Mia2 with the delicate brush at night only, not every day. In the morning, it's just CeraVe cleanser, above mentioned toner, Clinique City Block SPF25, and Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer, then concealer where needed and other makeup. I still don't seem to have any oil on my skin, but it isn't dry either. My acne texture scars look like they might be starting to fill in, but it's still pretty early to tell. So far, things are looking great!

#86 dailyRx

dailyRx

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:30 PM

I hope you had a better experience with Claravis some do. Some people have severe and debilitating side effects. You should take a moment to read up on it with a resource like http://www.rxwiki.com/claravis.