tazorac holistic diet vitamins niacin fish oil green tea zinc probiotic

3 replies to this topic

#1 julieeh

julieeh

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 September 2011 - 07:38 AM

Hello, I am a 26 year old female. Ive had acne for years with phases of almost remission, but when I was about 24 it really came back somewhat worse and now I'd say I have moderate acne with some cystic acne especially near my jawline. Also my outer cheeks and my forehead are dominated with those really small, flesh colored bumps that give my skin a rough appearance. My skin is also extremely oily. I have done a ton of research on here and today I am going to start a regimen, mostly based on holistic stuff but I'm also adding Tazorac 0.1% gel. I used Tazorac before for a couple weeks and it made me skin really red, but I want to just power through those side effects and see if it doesn't help in the long run! Unfortunately the only thing I happen to be allergic to is BP so I can't do Dan's regimen. In the past I have thought I could scrub, pick, and peel away my acne and nothing has ever worked. So here's what I am going to do!

Morning

Wash face with Basis Cleaner Clean Face Cleanser
Dry with clean paper towel
Tone with warm green tea bag (after I drink the green tea)
Cerave AM moisturizer

Night

Wash face with Basic Cleanser again
Dry with clean paper towel
Cerave PM moisturizer
Tazorac 0.1% gel

Supplements:

Morning

Now brand fiber supplement
Gr8-Dophillus probiotic
Zinc
Women's multivitamin
Fish Oil (I got all the above from another members regimen, thanks!!!)
Niacinamide 500 mg

Night

Gr8-Dophillus probiotic
Niacinamide 500 mg

In addition to that I am going to try and eat a lot healthier. I forgot to mention that my diet is total CRAP so that could be a big issue. I eat a lot of fast food. I also joined the gym and am going to exercise. Did I mention I am a BIG BIG PICKER?? I'm sure that is a good majority of the issue as well. Wish I could get away from the mirror :/ I am going to try and curb that as well. I know this sounds kind of fanatical but I'm so done with this!! Here we go!

#2 julieeh

julieeh

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 September 2011 - 07:24 AM

Please excuse me but I don't know how to update instead of just replying to myself. I guess I'm on my fourth day of this now and it's going pretty well! I'd say my skin has cleared up about 50% and just looks a lot brighter. I don't really know how much to attribute it to each thing I'm doing but I'd say mostly not picking my face and drinking a lot of water. I switched from Tazorac to Retin A 0.025 Cream because the Tazorac was making my face really red and angry looking. Yes I do my own doctoring (ordering scripts online) :/ I wouldn't recommend it but the waiting list for a derm in this town is like 3 months long. This message thread probably isn't helpful to anyone because I started so much stuff at once. I guess I'm kind of just doing it to encourage myself.

#3 julieeh

julieeh

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 September 2011 - 06:52 AM

Day 6? Breakout of small cystic type acne on my right chin near my jawline, about 6 pimples (I picked them :( ). Don't know why but my acne has always been consistently worse on the right side... anyone else have this phenomenon? Could be because of cell phone use on that side...? Just a theory. Skin isn't too peely or irritated. Pores look smaller and skin tone is overall better. Diet hasn't changed too much unfortunately but have been drinking more water and taking vitamins. Will post pics soon.

#4 julieeh

julieeh

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 September 2011 - 08:54 AM

Wore make up to bed last night :( Hope the ramifications arent too severe. Brother's wedding in 4 days, hope all is decent by then!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users