Photo
- - - - -

Chest Acne Help

chest body acne body acne help pimples whitehads red heads

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
15 replies to this topic

#1 bohbots22

bohbots22

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 September 2011 - 08:58 PM

Alright, so I am 15 and have had this chest acne for about a year, it started off as nothing but then grew into something really bad. This is my chest about a year later and the last 6months have been hard. I saw a derm and he gave me mincycline 100mg and tretinoin cream usp, 0.05% i also have a daily morning wash of clear pore cleanser/mask with a mixture of cetaphil. i am embarrassed to take my shirt off and want this to go away but not sure what to do? has anyone seen anything like this before? thanks in advance. Photo on 9-20-11 at 10.56 PM.jpg Photo on 9-20-11 at 10.56 PM #2.jpg Photo on 9-20-11 at 10.56 PM #3.jpg

#2 Renegade Angel

Renegade Angel

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 20 September 2011 - 10:30 PM

This is gonna sound really random, but it actually looks pretty cool to me, lol. I'm weird, I know.

But anyhow, try putting apple cider vinegar on your chest morning and night. I've heard it works pretty well and it may help your breakouts, it never hurts to try! Also, for the marks, there's plenty of cosmetic procedures to correct this. Chemical peels and things like that, all it takes is a little research.

#3 bohbots22

bohbots22

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 September 2011 - 10:46 PM

so apple cider vinegar is the only thing I can do, but thanks for saying it looks cool.

#4 Renegade Angel

Renegade Angel

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 21 September 2011 - 12:01 AM

Hah, your welcome Posted Image Well, there are procedures to help fade out the scarring like chemical peels and things like that, but you'll have to really research those options. I can't offer much to eliminate the acne but to try apple cider vinegar since I've tried it and I'm not sure exactly what to suggest. But I think you should really seek advice from your dermatologist. How has the products you were prescribed working for you?

#5 bohbots22

bohbots22

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 September 2011 - 05:39 AM

alright i will, and so far its been decent not great but I have seen some results. I have a hormonal/genetic type though

#6 Manticore

Manticore

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 8
About Me

Achievements

Posted 22 September 2011 - 04:55 PM

...I saw a derm and he gave me mincycline 100mg and tretinoin cream usp, 0.05% i also have a daily morning wash of clear pore cleanser/mask with a mixture of cetaphil...

For how long have you been using the medications from your Derm.?

#7 bohbots22

bohbots22

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 September 2011 - 03:10 PM

about 4 weeks

#8 Manticore

Manticore

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 8
About Me

Achievements

Posted 25 September 2011 - 03:29 PM

about 4 weeks

As you have only been using them for 4 weeks, I would give the medication another 8 weeks or so, to see if it is helping before trying anything else.

It can take a couple of months (or 3) before any medication shows results. If you start adding to, or replacing your current medication now, you won't know what is helping & what isn't.

Edited by Manticore, 25 September 2011 - 03:30 PM.

#9 bohbots22

bohbots22

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 September 2011 - 05:53 AM

ok ill wait a little bit more, thanks

#10 jpman

jpman

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 October 2011 - 07:26 AM

about 4 weeks

As you have only been using them for 4 weeks, I would give the medication another 8 weeks or so, to see if it is helping before trying anything else.

It can take a couple of months (or 3) before any medication shows results. If you start adding to, or replacing your current medication now, you won't know what is helping & what isn't.

i agree. most acne treatments take a long time. it is important to stick with it and make sure your consistent. consistency is very important.

#11 californiaEstie

californiaEstie

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 24 October 2011 - 01:06 PM

I use Neutrogena Body Clear scrub. If used consistently (every freaking day) it clears up any body acne I have and prevents more. Obviously yours is probably more stubborn, but in conjunction with your prescription, in several weeks you should be able to see a big difference if you use it. Also, make sure you aren't using fabric softener- it's been known to cause body breakouts for some people. I truly wish you the best.

#12 Conde de Montecristo

Conde de Montecristo

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 October 2011 - 08:08 PM

Be careful with acne on your chest since you can get it irritated in a number ways like the contact with your own clothes, if someone touch you there....

Acne on your body DEMANDS Accutane/Roaccutane. Don`t be afraid of it. Avoid further damage and scars on this area.

Follow my advise. A full treatment with Accutane/Roaccutane (5 months at least)

Edited by Conde de Montecristo, 28 October 2011 - 08:11 PM.

#13 y3rfd0g

y3rfd0g

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 32
About Me

Achievements

Posted 28 October 2011 - 10:22 PM

hey its been about a month later since your post. Any luck?

I didn't have acne on my chest this bad, but it was very localized between my breasts (TMI lol).

Anyways, I don't use any sodium lauryl sulfate or scrubbers or abrasives. I used to scrub the heck out of my skin, which I didn't realize only made it much much worse. Now, I've been using papaya soap, and this stuff has been AMAZING (not that amazing on my face though). All the clogged pores on my body have nearly vanished...it's amazing. I have ALWAYS had clogged pores and body acne. i wish I took before and after photos!

So basically, do not pick or scratch or use anything to irritate the area. I know it's so hard not to. But this can definitely lead to scarring :-(

Is acne hereditary in your family? Like did your mom or dad have it? If it is, then this acne will be more stubborn as someone previously said. Anyways, give us update!

#14 rocknrolloff

rocknrolloff

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 January 2012 - 11:21 PM

where did you

I didn't have acne on my chest this bad, but it was very localized between my breasts (TMI lol).

Anyways, I don't use any sodium lauryl sulfate or scrubbers or abrasives. I used to scrub the heck out of my skin, which I didn't realize only made it much much worse. Now, I've been using papaya soap, and this stuff has been AMAZING (not that amazing on my face though). All the clogged pores on my body have nearly vanished...it's amazing. I have ALWAYS had clogged pores and body acne. i wish I took before and after photos!

So basically, do not pick or scratch or use anything to irritate the area. I know it's so hard not to. But this can definitely lead to scarring Posted Image(

Is acne hereditary in your family? Like did your mom or dad have it? If it is, then this acne will be more stubborn as someone previously said. Anyways, give us update!

where did u get the papaya soap?

#15 Lewis Hamilton

Lewis Hamilton

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 January 2012 - 02:08 AM

I feel homo

#16 y3rfd0g

y3rfd0g

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 32
About Me

Achievements

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:16 PM

where did you

So basically, do not pick or scratch or use anything to irritate the area. I know it's so hard not to. But this can definitely lead to scarring Posted Image(

where did u get the papaya soap?

I bought the papaya soap on amazon.com. You can get it at most philippino markets I hear, so next time I'll just buy it from the store in my area. I think it was 3 dollars a bar, but it's totally worth it!