Photo

Combined cure

vitamin vitamins candida

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13 replies to this topic

#1 KT

KT

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 September 2004 - 01:36 PM

This is just a suggestion...

Have been trying sadcaroline's regimen of not drinking with meals and it does seem to be working so far (but it's really too early to tell) but I am finding that I'm feeling hungry/thirsty throughout the day which doesn't seem right.

I then read Yaakman's post about the Candida Cure. Looked the pills up on the internet and in the product description it says:

"These synergistic ingredients help to support a healthy balance of intestinal bacteria. The beneficial bacteria that normally populate the gut assist in the digestion of food, produce certain vitamins and promote detoxification processes."

ie - the pills are not just for candida, but for aiding proper digestion/maintaining healthy bacteria etc.

Now I really know sweet f.a. about digestion etc. but it just occurs to me that maybe both these regimens work as they're doing similar things - keeping the stomach working properly, keeping a proper balance of enzymes/bacteria etc in the stomach.

Perhaps these 2 regimens are working along the right lines and we tireless scientists on the message boards are on the brink of a regimen that might work? Am calling out to all you experts on food/digestion and acne to help make some sense of this...

#2 BenKweller

BenKweller

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 September 2004 - 03:02 PM

I don't buy the candida stuff as causing acne. It's pushed by those on the forum who've also said colds are caused by mucus and not viruses.

#3 Yaakman

Yaakman

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 September 2004 - 03:54 PM

dude ive tryed the candida pills and whenever i used them i get results currently im using them for 2weeks with carlolines method and im getting good results thats all im saying ..i just read somewhere that candida is a major source of acne so i decided to try candida pills

#4 BenKweller

BenKweller

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 September 2004 - 04:02 PM

You probably read that from a candida pill-selling site. Also, you said you changed parts of your lifestyle and diet.

You can't attribute success to a good diet if you have gastric bypass the week before.

#5 cynic

cynic

without you i'm nothing

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 September 2004 - 04:02 PM

Hmm - I'm currently taking Acidophilus (probiotics), and it seems like these Candida pills act in much the same way - would it be worth me trying both out at once?

#6 Yaakman

Yaakman

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 September 2004 - 04:38 PM

accually i didnt read that candida pills take away acne it was my own assumption and it worked...

#7 KT

KT

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 September 2004 - 07:07 PM

Benkweller, I wasn't actually suggesting that Candida causes acne - I don't believe I have candida. But I was saying maybe another effect of these pills is that they simply make the digestion more healthy and efficient (possibly like caroline's method does) and that that is what's helping the acne...

#8 Yaakman

Yaakman

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 September 2004 - 08:27 PM

i duno what it is but it works... you know having acne could accually be good in some ways .. u can create a cure with all ur troubleshooting..hence make millions..maybe billions for how much its worth

#9 sadcaroline

sadcaroline

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 September 2004 - 09:15 PM

hey KT.. i firmly believe in the candida acne connection.. the BEST thing i think for candida.. is 'nystatin' you have to get it from a doc.. but its this disgusting powder taken for candida.. it works beautifully, an is safe enough for babies.. im getting ready to start it..

#10 sadcaroline

sadcaroline

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 September 2004 - 09:19 PM

also.. not sure if you know- but 'leaky gut' (holes in the gut lining that i suspect was attributing to my acne) is caused by bad candida. clear up the candida.. an the gut heals smile.gif

#11 Keats

Keats

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 September 2004 - 04:14 AM

QUOTE (KT @ Sep 8 2004, 01:23 PM)
This is just a suggestion...

Have been trying sadcaroline's regimen of not drinking with meals and it does seem to be working so far (but it's really too early to tell) but I am finding that I'm feeling hungry/thirsty throughout the day which doesn't seem right.

I then read Yaakman's post about the Candida Cure.  Looked the pills up on the internet and in the product description it says:

"These synergistic ingredients help to support a healthy balance of intestinal bacteria. The beneficial bacteria that normally populate the gut assist in the digestion of food, produce certain vitamins and promote detoxification processes."

ie - the pills are not just for candida, but for aiding proper digestion/maintaining healthy bacteria etc.

Now I really know sweet f.a. about digestion etc. but it just occurs to me that maybe both these regimens work as they're doing similar things - keeping the stomach working properly, keeping a proper balance of enzymes/bacteria etc in the stomach.

Perhaps these 2 regimens are working along the right lines and we tireless scientists on the message boards are on the brink of a regimen that might work?  Am calling out to all you experts on food/digestion and acne to help make some sense of this...

digestion is the key

not drinking water and eating foods simultaneously is only to promote digestion. These pills mainly work for digestion improvement issues as well

imo, actually you can see it as some sort of game: make sure all the 'worthless' macro nutritients you eat releases your body as fast as possible.

Just meaning that all the junk that just sticks around in your body can only do any harm and damage to your organs. So the way to reach this goal is to make sure all your vital organs work at full capacity and are very strong and healthy so they are able to make this whole digestion process as effective and efficient as possible

#12 sadcaroline

sadcaroline

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 September 2004 - 05:50 AM

maybe those of us getting improvement from my water regimen would benefit from taking extra digestive enzymes?

#13 SweetJade1980

SweetJade1980

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 September 2004 - 10:42 AM

Well digestive enzymes have helped clear some people. But be cautious and play around with single vs. digestive enzyme complexes as for some people, like myself, can get stomach pains as a result. I've only tried one complex though, so perhaps I would be better off with a single one and I believe bromelain and/or papain or the ones usually found in multivitamins formuals, but they break down protein. Of course, if you are eating a lot of carbs, you may want to try taking amylase or lipase (fats).

Here's some examples:

Protein Reducing Enzymes:

Exoprotease - cleaves off single amino acids from the ends of peptide chains.

Endoprotease - attacks peptide bonds on the interior of peptide chains.

Acid stable proteases - works in extreme acidic conditions in the digestive process after other proteases have stopped working.

Bromelain - a broad spectrum enzyme that hydrolizes most soluble proteins.

Papain - a proteolytic enzyme characterized by its ability to hydrolyze large proteins into smaller peptides and amino acids.

Actinidin - a protease from the kiwi fruit that shows significant activity on wheat products.

Fiber Reducing Enzymes:
Endocellulase - breaks the beta 1-4 bonds randomly along a cellulose strand.

Glucanase - breaks down the cell walls of cereal grains.

Exocellulase - cleaves the glucose molecules from the ends of cellulose strands.

Hemicellulase - breaks down the hemicellulose of plant walls.

Pectinase - breaks down the pectin in fruits.

Fat and Oil Reducing Enzymes:

Lipase 8000 - This is a blend of lipases that addresses all the different bonding points to most thoroughly reduce fats and oils (contains 25 different types of Lipase).

Starch Reducing Enzymes:

Alpha Amylase - Frees glucose molecules from the ends of polymers.

Beta Amylase - Also frees up glucose, but in a slightly different manner from the alpha amylases.

Amyloglucosidase - Enables the alpha and beta amylases to work most effectively.

Sugar and Dairy Enzymes:

Lactase - Breaks down the lactose in dairy products into more soluble sugars.

Invertase - Breaks down cane or beet sugars.

Maltase - Breaks down maltose.

Xylanase - Breaks down the xylan sugars found in most plants. Works particularly well with grains such as corn.

Alpha Galactosidase - Breaks melibose, Raffinose, and Stachyose sugars that are responsible for excess gas in the digestive system.

Mannanase - Breaks down the mannan sugars.

http://www.thewolfec.../maximizer.html

#14 BenKweller

BenKweller

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 September 2004 - 02:57 PM

not drinking water and eating foods simultaneously is only to promote digestion. These pills mainly work for digestion improvement issues as well

That makes no sense.