Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ihatemynose

It's my turn now!!! 18 year old male

63 posts in this topic

Congrats on being clear! Side effects aside, it must be feel great to have your skin back. Do you mind if I ask if you have any scarring and red/dark marks?

Thanks for the comment, yeah it's great to have it back haha.

I had some scars from zits when I popped them but they're gone now. I got scars from cysts that grew on my nose but that has been fading drastically too. I found that tea tree oil helps to reduce scars a lot because it makes you shed skin like crazy which mean your body is consistently regenerating with newer skin which helps reduce the marks/scar. Moisturizing helps a lot too, tea tree oil at night and moisturizing in day are the best two combinations in my opinion.

Awesome, thanks for the answer! I'm super paranoid about scarring and red/dark marks because those are my biggest problems right now. But it sounds like a lot of people on here have benefited from non-laser/chemical methods, so that's encouraging.

Yep that's why they tell you not to do any laser, peels or anything to your face a year after your accutane treatment ( if your derm told you ) because most scars will diminish and fade. ^~^

congrats on the clear skin! I'm jealous though. I'm on day 76 of accutane and woke up to 3 new cysts yesterday and 1 more today :(

Just thought I'd post an update haha. I'm just over a month in now, 32 days to be exact. Remember those massive cysts and tonne of whiteheads I was telling you about? They went about 3 weeks ago and it was SUCH a relief! Must admit, moisturizing really helped my nose recover, no marks from popping all those whiteheads! In general everything's looking much better! I'm having drastically less breakouts than I was before and they're not as bad. The only thing annoying my at the moment is cysts around my hairline but I tended to get those anyway. As for the scars on my cheeks, they're getting better. It's VERY gradual though but I'm happy because the red marks underneath the skin seem to be getting paler and less noticeable. Scars were one of the things I was self-conscious about so I'm feeling happier about that. In terms of side-effects, I've had VERY dry lips (using lipbalm for that), dryness around my nose and cheeks (moisturize every morning now) and loads of nosebleeds (though they seem to be subsiding thankfully). One really bad side effect I did get, which I thought I would never suffer from, was depression. Around the time when I last posted and a week or so later, I got really really depressed about everything and started getting in bad moods. Thankfully I'm over that now.

Overall I'm starting to see changes and though they're very gradual, I'm feeling much happier. Bring on months 2-4! :)

1 person likes this

Just thought I'd post an update haha. I'm just over a month in now, 32 days to be exact. Remember those massive cysts and tonne of whiteheads I was telling you about? They went about 3 weeks ago and it was SUCH a relief! Must admit, moisturizing really helped my nose recover, no marks from popping all those whiteheads! In general everything's looking much better! I'm having drastically less breakouts than I was before and they're not as bad. The only thing annoying my at the moment is cysts around my hairline but I tended to get those anyway. As for the scars on my cheeks, they're getting better. It's VERY gradual though but I'm happy because the red marks underneath the skin seem to be getting paler and less noticeable. Scars were one of the things I was self-conscious about so I'm feeling happier about that. In terms of side-effects, I've had VERY dry lips (using lipbalm for that), dryness around my nose and cheeks (moisturize every morning now) and loads of nosebleeds (though they seem to be subsiding thankfully). One really bad side effect I did get, which I thought I would never suffer from, was depression. Around the time when I last posted and a week or so later, I got really really depressed about everything and started getting in bad moods. Thankfully I'm over that now.

Overall I'm starting to see changes and though they're very gradual, I'm feeling much happier. Bring on months 2-4! smile.png

Haha what I tell ya :P Grats on becoming happy! As your journey continue to go on your skin will become even better! Just a warning though, If you are going to increase the dose, you will most likely experience another break out just like your first one, and it will probably go away around the same time as your first breakout. Keep me updated! Good luck!

congrats on the clear skin! I'm jealous though. I'm on day 76 of accutane and woke up to 3 new cysts yesterday and 1 more today sad.png

Thanks, just give it some time and don't stress about it! Stress in general I mean. Keep me updated! Good luck!

Overall I'm starting to see changes and though they're very gradual, I'm feeling much happier. Bring on months 2-4! smile.png

Haha what I tell ya :P Grats on becoming happy! As your journey continue to go on your skin will become even better! Just a warning though, If you are going to increase the dose, you will most likely experience another break out just like your first one, and it will probably go away around the same time as your first breakout. Keep me updated! Good luck!

Day 93

I went to the derm yesterday and I looked in the bathroom mirror and my skin has gotten so much better compared to the first and second time I looked. It was under florescent like too! I still have 2 more month until my course is finished. I can't wait! :D Thanks all who had been reading and supporting me, hearing your replies makes me feel warm inside during the harsh cold winter in Canada.. I get depressed in winter due to the coldness and snow.. haha I honestly can't wait until summer even though it's like 5 month away :(

Haha what I tell ya tongue.png Grats on becoming happy! As your journey continue to go on your skin will become even better! Just a warning though, If you are going to increase the dose, you will most likely experience another break out just like your first one, and it will probably go away around the same time as your first breakout. Keep me updated! Good luck!

congrats on the clear skin! I'm jealous though. I'm on day 76 of accutane and woke up to 3 new cysts yesterday and 1 more today sad.png

Thanks, just give it some time and don't stress about it! Stress in general I mean. Keep me updated! Good luck!

Haha what I tell ya tongue.png Grats on becoming happy! As your journey continue to go on your skin will become even better! Just a warning though, If you are going to increase the dose, you will most likely experience another break out just like your first one, and it will probably go away around the same time as your first breakout. Keep me updated! Good luck!

Day 93

I went to the derm yesterday and I looked in the bathroom mirror and my skin has gotten so much better compared to the first and second time I looked. It was under florescent like too! I still have 2 more month until my course is finished. I can't wait! biggrin.png Thanks all who had been reading and supporting me, hearing your replies makes me feel warm inside during the harsh cold winter in Canada.. I get depressed in winter due to the coldness and snow.. haha I honestly can't wait until summer even though it's like 5 month away sad.png

Thanks a lot, will do! :) Good luck to you too, sounds like you're skins amazing! Hopefully I will reach the same point in the near future :)

1 person likes this

Day 124

Well it's been excatly a month since I last updated, I had a little pimple on the corner of my nose and it's just beginning to fade ad heal so that's good. My chest is still breaking out a little bit, neck is under control~

This one day morning I woke up found a "red" mark on my face, at first I thought I scratched it when I was asleep but it turned out that the skin was "damaged" and yeah it's gone now...Took about 5 days, was kinda weird, kinda like eczema on a particular spot but it's not eczema lol.

I'm thinking of going an extra month after Jan ( supposed to be my last month ) just to make sure they won't come back.

The derm told me that my oily skin will return =( but I won't be getting acne, which is awesome but I really like my oil less skin. I just hope I won't be as oily as before.. I had to wipe the oil off my face like 5 times before and the paper would be totally soaked haha.

Cheers to everyone else who's getting there.

Day 155

WOAH it's been another month! Chest is completely clear, face is clear, neck is clear. all clear. for a month already! I went to the derm a couple days ago and asked for another month. I'm supposed to be done by now but I want to make sure that I get the maximum dosage into my body and he supported me. So I got one month left!

My only concern is that once I'm done, my acne will return ( hopefully not ), the oil will return for sure but I just hope that it will be less than what it was before.

I wish you good luck!

How is your hair loss? I was experiencing hair loss on accutane and still have some problems with that.

Its little better now (Im 3 weeks post Accutane) and hope it will stop soon.

Whats your dosage and for how long you have to take accutane? 6 months?

~ Accutane Roche - Aug. 7, 2011 ~

29 y/o, 50 kg (acne from age 17)

-------------------------------------------------------

Month 1 - 50mg - Mild-severe acne, cysts, lots of bumps on forehead from BCP on forehead

Month 2 - 50mg - Horrible IB for few weeks, many new cysts, rash on hands, thinning hair

Month 3 - 50mg - 50 % clear, lots of bumps, thinning hair, facial hair, some back pain

Month 4 - 50mg - 90-95 % clear, lots of red marks, rash on hands, hair thinning/loss

Month 5 - 50mg - 98% clear, still hair loss, back pain, mood swings, rash/eczema on hands

Monh 6 - 50 mg - 99.7% clear, few bumps on neck, very dry lips, hair loss, bad eczema on hands

Month 7 - FINISHED - 99% clear,no more dry lips but fighting some acne scars

Month 8 - My hairloss and hair thinning stopped, my skin is still clear and dry/normal

------------------------------

Morning Cleanser - Alba Botanica Sea Lettuce Cleansing Milk or Proactiv Make-up Removal Wipes

Make-up Remover: Ponds Cold Cream, then Proactive Make-up Removal Wipes

Moisturizer: Wichy cream or Thalgo serum

Make-up: Revlon Colorstay (or LM before)

Hair treatment:Coconut Oil, Biotin, LUSH hair masks for moisture

Mask: Fresh Oatmeal (ground) & Raw Honey & Bio Yogurt mix, LUSH fresh handmade masks

I wish you good luck!

How is your hair loss? I was experiencing hair loss on accutane and still have some problems with that.

Its little better now (Im 3 weeks post Accutane) and hope it will stop soon.

Whats your dosage and for how long you have to take accutane? 6 months?

Hey, thanks for the comment. Looking at your explanation of your post, we have pretty much the same side effects.

I'm on 80 mg and at first when I took it, I shed about 30 hair on shampooing. Then it just eventually stopped, Now I'm shedding 1 to 3 hairs haha. Yeah I was suppoused to take 5 month of accutane roche but I decided to go for an extra month.

Was your skin really oily before? and how about now since your're done?

Oh wow, so your shedding stopped? Just like that?? You are lucky in that way.

I was loosing about 30 hairs every time I brush my hair, and even more when wash!

Now its lot better so I think it will go back to nornal :) I think my hair masks and treatments helped a bit, but now also my hair is not that thin anymore.

My skin was combination/oily before. It was not very oily, but at usually my make up was all shiny after few hours.. so not sure how to explain, as you are male :)

My skin on Accutane was not very dry, it did not flake or peel. It was just dry/normal. So now its in the same condition, I would say - normal skin type I have at this moment.

~ Accutane Roche - Aug. 7, 2011 ~

29 y/o, 50 kg (acne from age 17)

-------------------------------------------------------

Month 1 - 50mg - Mild-severe acne, cysts, lots of bumps on forehead from BCP on forehead

Month 2 - 50mg - Horrible IB for few weeks, many new cysts, rash on hands, thinning hair

Month 3 - 50mg - 50 % clear, lots of bumps, thinning hair, facial hair, some back pain

Month 4 - 50mg - 90-95 % clear, lots of red marks, rash on hands, hair thinning/loss

Month 5 - 50mg - 98% clear, still hair loss, back pain, mood swings, rash/eczema on hands

Monh 6 - 50 mg - 99.7% clear, few bumps on neck, very dry lips, hair loss, bad eczema on hands

Month 7 - FINISHED - 99% clear,no more dry lips but fighting some acne scars

Month 8 - My hairloss and hair thinning stopped, my skin is still clear and dry/normal

------------------------------

Morning Cleanser - Alba Botanica Sea Lettuce Cleansing Milk or Proactiv Make-up Removal Wipes

Make-up Remover: Ponds Cold Cream, then Proactive Make-up Removal Wipes

Moisturizer: Wichy cream or Thalgo serum

Make-up: Revlon Colorstay (or LM before)

Hair treatment:Coconut Oil, Biotin, LUSH hair masks for moisture

Mask: Fresh Oatmeal (ground) & Raw Honey & Bio Yogurt mix, LUSH fresh handmade masks

I've been looking at my past pictures and I recently realized ( a month ago ) that my face is bloated/puffy/swollen. My face is literally 0.5 cm raised as to normal size. I think there might something wrong with my kidney. My derm told me to stop taking blood tests if the first 3 month are good. The problem is that towards the beginning of the 3rd month, my face started to become puffy, then it just kept on getting worse...Ever since when I looked into a mirror, there was something that bothered me, I didn't know what it was until recently, because it wasn't my acne, it was my bloated face. I'm going to take a blood test tomorrow and see what is going on... My urine was pretty cloudy and yellow for the past few month but then I starting drinking more water and now it's back to white/ straw color...

Month 1 = 40mg x30 = 1200 mg

Month 2 = 80mg x30 = 2400 mg

Month 3 = 80mg x30 = 2400 mg

Month 4 = 80mg x30 = 2400 mg

Month 5 = 80mg x30 = 2400 mg

Month 6 = 720mg eaten

Total= 11520mg

11520mg/ 72.7kg = 158 mg/kg

If my test come out normal I will continue and finish the last box and a half. 60*40mg more capsules.

I was supposed to be done on February but I asked for an extra month.