Photo

It's my turn now!!! 18 year old male

aha alpha hydroxy acid

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
62 replies to this topic

#1 ihatemynose

ihatemynose

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 September 2011 - 09:19 PM

So today I got prescribed with ACCUTANE!!! I'm so so so so so so happy!!! Unfortunatley that was 12 hours ago and I couldn't write out all the details but I remember smiling all day at school for no reason haha ^^

I'm 160 lbs male 18 years old, suffered from acne since I was 13

Wish me luck!!

My skin is not that bad at the moment, but acne always comes back and I always get cysts on my nose =[ I will post pictures from the past maybe later.

*Edit*
I am 19 now, in here you will find me freaking out about hairloss.

Edited by ihatemynose, 15 November 2011 - 12:08 AM.

#2 ihatemynose

ihatemynose

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 September 2011 - 08:48 PM

I took the first pill today and nothing is happening; yet. haha
I think my lips is a little bit dry...

Edited by ihatemynose, 24 September 2011 - 11:21 AM.

#3 Polyspast

Polyspast

Herro?

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 September 2011 - 10:02 PM

Good luck guy. Let me know if you have any questions about it.

40mg (first two weeks) - DONE

80mg (for the rest of the Accutane course) - DONE

Total time on Accutane: 141 Days

My Accutane log: Right Here!

#4 ihatemynose

ihatemynose

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 September 2011 - 07:12 PM

Day 2

I noticed today I was more oily than my previous days, I had to wipe the oil off my face 5 times during school. I also received some headaches... But that would have just been the schoolwork. Yes applying for university and taking accutane is a nice combo. haha
I also got some blackheads / whatever I can't tell but its acne and it came off when I scratched it.
My skin IS worse than previous days.
I also noticed that I urinated quite a bit today... More than usual... That could also been just an accident... But I hardly drank water today so yeah...

@polyspast, thanks for the comment. Can you eat eggs while you're on accutane?

Edited by ihatemynose, 14 September 2011 - 08:16 PM.

#5 Polyspast

Polyspast

Herro?

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 September 2011 - 08:41 PM

Yeah, you can eat eggs. Your diet really isn't restricted while on Accutane. Just don't drink alcohol!

40mg (first two weeks) - DONE

80mg (for the rest of the Accutane course) - DONE

Total time on Accutane: 141 Days

My Accutane log: Right Here!

#6 ihatemynose

ihatemynose

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 September 2011 - 07:14 PM

Day 3

My skin has improved than compared to yesterday. The texture seems more even today. I'm still oily and I'm definitely experiencing dryer lips than usual. The acne on my back seems to have disappeared over night.

#7 ihatemynose

ihatemynose

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 September 2011 - 07:07 PM

Day 4

Same as yesterday, nothing's changed. But I just wanted to say: I really don't want to be oily... =( I hate looking oily and had to wipe the oil off my face at breaks between classes and wiping process would make my face red... sigh.. It's like we're trying so hard to be normal yet we can't...

#8 Jamie Ann

Jamie Ann

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 September 2011 - 07:42 PM

I wouldn't expect any changes for like a week and a half! Patience, my friend. smile.gif Time flies by...feels like I just started yesterday! I haven't experienced any oiliness. Good luck and my biggest advice would be to....BE PATIENT! smile.gif

About to start my 2nd round of Accutane.

Feel free to message me concerning all things Accutane since I am well experienced. smile.png

My 1st log: http://www.acne.org/...n-accutane-log/

#9 ihatemynose

ihatemynose

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 September 2011 - 04:15 PM

Day 7

I'm pretty sure the drug is working as I'm getting dry lips now and my face is actually less oily now! I couldn't believe it. The cysts under my chin are fading. But I'm getting a little pimple on my nose. I'm applying tto in all my acne. I also noticed I experienced some back pain today. And I'm really sleepy today. And ever since I began accutane I got some bumps on my skin above the lips so shaving hurts
:(

#10 ihatemynose

ihatemynose

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 September 2011 - 04:22 PM

Day 8

Same stuff but no more back issues.
Today I looked at myself in the mirror and I felt a bit down.... My face is like full of patterns if you guys know what I mean...the texture isn't even at all. And my hyper pigmentation marks are more obvious looking now.

Question: will accutane make your skin look even? you know like a normal persons face? Will my face look normal when I finish accutane?

Ugh I have to get thus off my chest. So this semester I originally thought that I could find a girlfriend but now my skin is shit and my dream's crushed. Man I hate having acne haha... It kills you inside out... I can't even look into a mirror without being depressed about my own reflection. I can't even look at a person in the eye because I'm afraid to see their reactions. I want to be free but acne says no. Haha... And damnit I don't want to go anywhere I just want to hide in the house all day long. I'll complain more once I get home in case some of you are reading.
So i was on the transit to get home and I can feel some people look at me when I'm standing there waiting for my stop. They're probaly thinking wow, that guy is ugly and his face is messed up!
Life with acne sucks. I can only hope accutane would bring me out of my misery. I'm trying to be optimistic... sigh..
But I do have to thank acne as it differed me from the rest of the people, it made me experience things that most of the people won't ever in their life. It made me have a personality, good or bad. But if I didn't have acne I'd probably be a lot more happier now and look younger and I'd probably have a girlfriend. And I won't be complaining about this right now haha.. But you know... Things are unfair.

Edited by ihatemynose, 20 September 2011 - 06:04 PM.

#11 ihatemynose

ihatemynose

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 September 2011 - 07:39 PM

Day 10

I looked in the mirror at school today and its bad as ever. its weird because when i look at mirrors in my house i look fine. but at school under the fluorescent lights my skin looks messed. i wonder if I'd ever look good in my school mirror. its been pretty depressing over the past few days... I'm not sure if it's accutane or I'm just not seeing improvement in my skin. In fact i think its a lot worse than i first started. yeah so its day 10 my lips are dry all the time and i got this cysts on my cheek close to my nose and its massive and its not surfacing yet, it's just hiding in there it looks like i got punched in the face. and my nose is feeling pretty sore because of all the cysts beginning to appear. I also got some whiteheads like 1 or 2 near my mouth. and my hyper pigmentation marks on each side of my face are a lot more noticeable now i hope all this will end soon.

#12 rareform

rareform

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 September 2011 - 02:33 PM

hey man.. it sounds like I'm in the exact same boat as you. I'm 18 and have had awful skin since 13. I started accutane 8 days ago.. But I havnt noticed anything yet. No dryness or clearing. Just really oily, blotchy, uneven skin, more breakouts and swore joints Posted Image I know what you mean about school lights... just avoid mirrors at all costs.. out of sight out of mind. Good luck

Edited by rareform, 23 September 2011 - 02:33 PM.

#13 ihatemynose

ihatemynose

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 September 2011 - 06:12 PM

@rareform
yeah it sucks haha... I'm trying to avoid mirror but I can't help looking into a mirror... Sometimes I go to the bathroom just to wipe the oil off my face... yeah its sad.

Day 11

Today I woke up with a sore nose. In the shower I touched my nose and it felt significantly larger... It's so sore right now and I can see 3 cysts are surfacing. It's so damn painful... and I'm super shiny. No joint or back pain or headaches or any pain. Just freaking dry... My hands on both side has developed a rash type of thing.. And it's flaking. btw I just say that I'm extremely shiny.

Edited by ihatemynose, 24 September 2011 - 11:22 AM.

#14 ihatemynose

ihatemynose

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 September 2011 - 12:55 PM

Day 14

Ok so my nose is a mess. I gotta 4 cysts on it and it looks like a fungus... I gotten dry eyes in the past few days but today at school I'm using the computer and my eyes just are so dry...
If anyone Is even reading this...: what did you do to prevent dry eyes? Is your eye still dry after accutane? Please answer

#15 ihatemynose

ihatemynose

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 October 2011 - 04:33 PM

Thanks for answering my question guys, you're so helpful.

Day 19

Nose is back to normal. The cysts beside my nose on my cheek is still there but is smaller ^^
My skin is REALLY improving now, I look way better under the florescent school light now, and I literally stoped producing oil on my face now, my face looks as clean as the moment I finish washing my face. I no longer have to wipe the oil off my face 5 times a day!! haha
Lips are chapped now, getting "rashes" on back and forearm area due to dryness. That's about it. My eyes are no longer dry. I haven't been this confident and happy in a VERY long time.

#16 ihatemynose

ihatemynose

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 October 2011 - 04:15 PM

Day 27

Skin is doing great great so far, over the last week it seemed to improved even more. The cysts on the area beside my nose has gone " boom" and my nose is back to normals haahaa, but I feel ANOTHER one popping up at the tip of my nose (hopefully I won't look like Rudolf). I noticed muscle pain on friday and only that day, It's gone now. I think It might be that I slept in a awkward position. Lips are dry, but I figured a way to help the dryness: When I shower I brush my finger through my lips to get rid of the dead skin and it seems to have helped tremendous. The rash on my arm went away for some reason, ahh and when I sweat it feels tingly like tiny needles poking the area. I no longer produce oil on my face or anywhere. When I worked out, I noticed some back pain but nothing serious and also some tighten of chest.
In 3 days I'll be moving up the dose to 80mg, I got the drug already~ can't wait.
Oh I almost forgot, I had my first nosebleed during a math exam. It was the worst time ever. Yes I got a drop of blood on my test. When I was running out to stop the bleed, the teacher thought I was plagiarizing and came chasing after me hahaha XD

Edited by ihatemynose, 09 October 2011 - 04:20 PM.

#17 ihatemynose

ihatemynose

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 October 2011 - 08:55 PM

Day 28

Today is not good. I have a nasty cysts formed on my nose. so now I have 2 nasty cysts on my nose and it makes my nose look soo much bigger =(
I also had/ having very bad back pain and muscle pain and a tiny joint pain. I ate a lot of rich vitamin A foods over the past 3 days and I'm 100% sure that's the root of my problem.

#18 ihatemynose

ihatemynose

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 October 2011 - 09:16 PM

Day 29

The cysts on my nose turned to the biggest reddest fucker today, it hurts like hell, I tried to pop it and obviously it didn't do anything; it just made it 2 times worse. I look like a clown without wearing the nose. god dammit.

#19 ihatemynose

ihatemynose

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 October 2011 - 07:29 PM

Day 30 MONTH 1 DONE

WOH! I can't believe it's already been a month! Time is flying by so fast... Makes me think that life is too short...Even with acne LOL.
Yep I'll be taking the full dose tomorrow 80mg. 2x 40 mg pills in the morning, I can't wait haha. hu hu hu hu hu hu hu hu ^^
I'm prepared for the breakouts.

#20 ihatemynose

ihatemynose

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 October 2011 - 06:00 PM

Day 37 or week 5

Skin is worse than last week, but not as bad as the first initial break out on the 40mg. One of the cyst has finally given up and decided to die. However the other one is still there and it's starting to give up; not really but it's better than before. My face is a little more oily than on the 40mg... I wonder why and it's more shiny, I think it will get better in the next few weeks.
Side effects
Just dryness and a few days ago, I ran my hand through my hair while in the shower and noticed about like 10 hair came off.... yeah... It could be due to stress or accutane lol... Kinda scared... But not really.
I'm also flushing... When I get embarrassed slightly or uncomfortable, I turn red. I can feel as my face burns up.

Edited by ihatemynose, 19 October 2011 - 08:28 PM.