Photo

Scar Tissue That I Wish You Saw. - New Photos!

scar acne accutane rolling laser subcision cure red mark hyperpigmentation

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
161 replies to this topic

#21 LoveGreenSmoothies

LoveGreenSmoothies

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 16 September 2011 - 06:55 PM

QUOTE (Pord @ Sep 16 2011, 08:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have been thinking of getting some emu oil to maybe help.

Someone told me that I should not take any vitamins with vitamin A. They said it will make my scars worse. Is this true?

It might. It would make your wait to fix the scars longer since you need to be Vit.A (Tane) free for at least 6 months.

From the pic I don't think I'd risk TCA cross. I think your scars aren't defined enough and it could make them deeper.

Rolling may work REALLY well for you, but you need to wait at least 6 months. I'd probably wait a year just to be safe. You don't want worse scars bc you didn't wait long enough.

#22 Guest_Timehealsall_*

Guest_Timehealsall_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 17 September 2011 - 04:41 PM

prod, do u happen to have these on ur forehead as well?

#23 Pord

Pord

Order and Progress

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 September 2011 - 05:09 PM

QUOTE (Anti - Em @ Sep 16 2011, 05:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Pord @ Sep 16 2011, 08:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Someone told me that I should not take any vitamins with vitamin A. They said it will make my scars worse. Is this true?

It might. It would make your wait to fix the scars longer since you need to be Vit.A (Tane) free for at least 6 months.

From the pic I don't think I'd risk TCA cross. I think your scars aren't defined enough and it could make them deeper.

Rolling may work REALLY well for you, but you need to wait at least 6 months. I'd probably wait a year just to be safe. You don't want worse scars bc you didn't wait long enough.

Thanks for the reply.

I will probably stop taking my multi-vitamin for another six months it looks like.

I am still looking for a good emu oil. There are so many options . . . .

I will look at rolling a little more. I will wait until I get back to the states to do it if that is the route I go.

#24 Pord

Pord

Order and Progress

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 September 2011 - 05:11 PM

Timehealsall,

I do have a few of these marks on my forehead. However, my cheeks are much worse.

#25 Pord

Pord

Order and Progress

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 September 2011 - 06:26 PM

Something that is strange to me is that in just the right light it looks as though my entire face has little holes (by little holes I mean chicken peck like marks, if that even makes sense). Would this still be shallow scarring possibly? Or what could that be?

Edited by Pord, 17 September 2011 - 06:33 PM.

#26 Guest_Timehealsall_*

Guest_Timehealsall_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 20 September 2011 - 01:48 AM

pord, if you look at yourself in tinted windows, do you see a lot of indentations?

#27 The Caked Crusader

The Caked Crusader

Wanna know how I got these scars?

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 September 2011 - 09:51 PM

Wow. Another thread where my post was deleted. I swear, this is my last post, until the upgrades are over lol. Alright, let's try this again;

I'm sorry I took so long to post - I only saw your comment on my profile, yesterday. I am flattered that you would request my opinion on your scars and, although I do appreciate being called "knowledgeable", I would like to point out that I'm just someone who does his research, and is very direct.

That being said, as it has been pointed out numerous times, your skin is in good condition However, I'm a firm believer that A. photos rarely do acne scars justice and B. scars can bother people, regardless of their size/severeness.

Start by staying away from lasers. Too expensive and unstable, for someone who suffers from scarring that is barely noticeable lol.

I would recommend TCA CROSS for the tiny icepicks/enlarged pores, chemical peels for the hyper-pigmentation/marks and a Coke and a smile for the fact that your skin looks great, either way. :)

Good luck!

#28 Pord

Pord

Order and Progress

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 October 2011 - 01:50 PM

pord, if you look at yourself in tinted windows, do you see a lot of indentations?

If I look at my face at just the right angle; yes.

Wow. Another thread where my post was deleted. I swear, this is my last post, until the upgrades are over lol. Alright, let's try this again;

I'm sorry I took so long to post - I only saw your comment on my profile, yesterday. I am flattered that you would request my opinion on your scars and, although I do appreciate being called "knowledgeable", I would like to point out that I'm just someone who does his research, and is very direct.

That being said, as it has been pointed out numerous times, your skin is in good condition However, I'm a firm believer that A. photos rarely do acne scars justice and B. scars can bother people, regardless of their size/severeness.

Start by staying away from lasers. Too expensive and unstable, for someone who suffers from scarring that is barely noticeable lol.

I would recommend TCA CROSS for the tiny icepicks/enlarged pores, chemical peels for the hyper-pigmentation/marks and a Coke and a smile for the fact that your skin looks great, either way. Posted Image

Good luck!

Thanks so much for the response.

#29 Pord

Pord

Order and Progress

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 October 2011 - 02:32 PM

I am now on the search to find something that I can use to help treat my scars and marks while I wait for the six to nine month downtime from Accutane.

So far the only thing that I have found is emu oil (I am still waiting for some to arrive in the mail).

Does anyone have any tips? :)

#30 Pord

Pord

Order and Progress

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 October 2011 - 12:24 PM

bump? I will love you forever. :)

#31 Guest_Timehealsall_*

Guest_Timehealsall_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 15 October 2011 - 09:09 PM

more pictures would be helpful.

#32 Pord

Pord

Order and Progress

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 October 2011 - 06:54 AM

Sorry.

I am new this whole photo thing. What type of photos do you think would help?

#33 Guest_Timehealsall_*

Guest_Timehealsall_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 17 October 2011 - 10:08 PM

Sorry.

hmm, try taking one under fluorescent bright lighting (i.e. garage lights) and at angles that show the scars.

Also take one where sunlight hits your face from the side and from behind.

#34 Pord

Pord

Order and Progress

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 October 2011 - 03:32 PM

Sorry.

hmm, try taking one under fluorescent bright lighting (i.e. garage lights) and at angles that show the scars.

Also take one where sunlight hits your face from the side and from behind.

Okay. I will try to get some and post them here soon.

#35 Pord

Pord

Order and Progress

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 October 2011 - 03:03 PM

Just a quick update:

I think that I am going to start to use Retin-A micro gel (0.04%). I will let you guys/girls know how it goes. I plan on using emu oil as well.

Edited by Pord, 31 October 2011 - 07:21 AM.

#36 Pord

Pord

Order and Progress

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 October 2011 - 07:13 AM

I am actually using Retin-A 0.1% right now. Just an update.

Edited by Pord, 06 January 2012 - 05:51 AM.

#37 Pord

Pord

Order and Progress

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 November 2011 - 08:03 AM

Woh. I just noticed that when the forum shanged so did the size of my pictures. How can I change this?

#38 alphabetpony

alphabetpony

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 07 November 2011 - 02:36 PM

QUOTE (Anti - Em @ Sep 16 2011, 05:55 PM)

QUOTE (Pord @ Sep 16 2011, 08:39 PM)

Thanks for the reply.

I will probably stop taking my multi-vitamin for another six months it looks like.

I will look at rolling a little more. I will wait until I get back to the states to do it if that is the route I go.

Wait--can taking vitamins on (or immediately after) an accutane course really contribute to scarring? I have never heard this before but it makes me nervous (i am on accutane and I take vit e, d, b, c, etc). I have only read that you're not supposed to take vitamin A while on accutane. If anyone else has heard anything about this please feel free to answer...

Also Pord, your skin looks really good! For what it's worth, no one actually has perfect skin, so I doubt anyone actually notices that anything's wrong with yours unless you point it out to them. Then again, I know how you feel 'cause mine's like this too--even worse depending on the lighting-- and I just cannot believe how much it affects me... Anyways, I definitely think Retin A's worth starting. All I know is I used to use differin (which is weaker and not even a real retin) and ever since I stopped my skin texture has looked like absolute shit. Apparently, it was doing WAY more than I ever gave it credit for. I am dying to get off the accutane so I can start using a retin. Good luck with it.

#39 Pord

Pord

Order and Progress

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 November 2011 - 02:48 PM

QUOTE (Anti - Em @ Sep 16 2011, 05:55 PM)

QUOTE (Pord @ Sep 16 2011, 08:39 PM)

Thanks for the reply.

Wait--can taking vitamins on (or immediately after) an accutane course really contribute to scarring? I have never heard this before but it makes me nervous (i am on accutane and I take vit e, d, b, c, etc). I have only read that you're not supposed to take vitamin A while on accutane. If anyone else has heard anything about this please feel free to answer...

Also Pord, your skin looks really good! For what it's worth, no one actually has perfect skin, so I doubt anyone actually notices that anything's wrong with yours unless you point it out to them. Then again, I know how you feel 'cause mine's like this too--even worse depending on the lighting-- and I just cannot believe how much it affects me... Anyways, I definitely think Retin A's worth starting. All I know is I used to use differin (which is weaker and not even a real retin) and ever since I stopped my skin texture has looked like absolute shit. Apparently, it was doing WAY more than I ever gave it credit for. I am dying to get off the accutane so I can start using a retin. Good luck with it.

I am not sure on the whole Vitamin A thing making scarring worse. I just know that you should not take it with Accutane.

I sure hope that the Retin-A at least helps a little. :)

#40 Pord

Pord

Order and Progress

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 November 2011 - 07:40 AM

I was just wondering if it is better to apply emu oil alone or to mix it with a moisturizer?

Thanks.