Photo

A question on rice..

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
29 replies to this topic

#21 cynic

cynic

without you i'm nothing

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 October 2004 - 12:53 PM

: confused.gif

Oh no...

I've been eating loads of noodles recently... eusa_doh.gif

#22 SweetJade1980

SweetJade1980

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 October 2004 - 03:58 PM

QUOTE(cynic @ Oct 12 2004, 11:53 AM)
: confused.gif

Oh no...

I've been eating loads of noodles recently... eusa_doh.gif

View Post

Have you noticed any difference in the amount of acne you have? If you are still breaking out or have increased acne, then try switching to all rice, buckwheat, quinoa, or corn noodles instead. ;-)

#23 cynic

cynic

without you i'm nothing

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 October 2004 - 05:19 PM

It's hard to gauge, because - at the moment, anyway eusa_pray.gif - my acne's back down to being pretty mild, so I'm not always sure whether a few zits appearing is a breakout or just part of having acne. Very confusing.

I've had a fair few new breakouts recently though, but I stupidly decided to eat a whole load of crap last week as well (sweet, sugary stuff that I know from past experience won't do me any favours), so it'd hard to blame it on the noodles.

That said, I really eat so much noodles and bread (wholemeal), almost as part of a staple diet, that it's frustrating to think that if I cut those two things out, I might be clear altogether - but I'm running out of other, different things to eat!

Will have to see how cutting them out of my diet - or at least, cutting down on them - affects me.

#24 OzPower

OzPower

Arrogant Australian who talks to much :)

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 October 2004 - 08:37 PM

Brown ice and veggies and fruit, hello clear skin smile.gif

Brown rice vs white rice

The hulls on rice are cracked open revealing the bran and the rice itself, for white rice the bran is washed off and polished revealing a food which has a longer shelf life. No good standing fungus, mold, bacteria would touch the stuff. It's the bran potion of rice that contains most of the nutrients including vitamin b-complexes and it's the section which contains the fibre.

Why do you think some of those asian dudes live to like 120 just eating rice or so many people (1/2 worlds populations staple diet is rice) eat it.

Not an expert on noodles but wholemeal bread contains sugars, wheat and most importantly (or i'd say unfortunately) yeast. Yeast is baddddddddd, nobody should consume yeast that wants to be healthy.

Say bye to all yeast products (pastry, breads, alcahol etc).

#25 Aelurus

Aelurus

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 October 2004 - 09:17 PM

SweetJade i'll avoid noodles as much as possible, and i don't really like bee hoon(that's what we call rice noodles over here) tongue.gif but i'm glad to know that white rice is ok? thx.

OzPower i thought wholemeal bread is good?! at least it has a lower GI than white bread...or is it just because of yeast? why is yeast bad anyway? tons of ppl eat bread and they're none the worse for it...i think?

#26 OzPower

OzPower

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 October 2004 - 10:46 PM

When lactobacillus levels are low in the colon, partially digested food decays, produce foul gas and toxemia. The prevalence of cold sores (herpes simplex), constipation, diarrhea, acne, vaginitis, headache, symptoms of hypoglycemia, yeast infections and others are often signs of low flora levels.

Yeasts can lead to candidia overgrowth, yeasts produce ethanol which is an alcahol which can lead to you fealing hungover all the time. Yeasts need sugar to survive, ever find yourself craving breads, alcahols or potatos? Now ya know why. Yeasts in turn can invade the body causing a multitude of problems.

Read this, why bread MAY cause acne.

http://www.mercola.c.../bread_acne.htm

#27 Aelurus

Aelurus

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 October 2004 - 02:41 AM

i agree with everything you have said about yeast except for one thing: i thought the yeast gets killed in the baking process?!! how could it then wreak havoc in our gut?

#28 Keats

Keats

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 October 2004 - 11:48 AM

QUOTE(DejaClaireVoyant @ Oct 9 2004, 09:20 PM)
Brown rice is a wonderful staple food. I love it in burritos with vegetarian beans..or it's also GREAT with broccoli and pepper stir fry....mmmmmm!

*pointless talk of food*

View Post

Sounds tasty indeed biggrin.gif

#29 OzPower

OzPower

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 October 2004 - 05:16 PM

QUOTE(Aelurus @ Oct 13 2004, 06:41 PM)
i agree with everything you have said about yeast except for one thing: i thought the yeast gets killed in the baking process?!! how could it then wreak havoc in our gut?

View Post

You may be right, hey i'm not a major expert here, but like look at things a differant way, leave bread out for a couple of days, will go stale and mould will start growing. I got news for you, the mould is already in the bread, i have a fealing your gut isn't going to like digesting fungus! Then you got the refined sugar to deal with, refined flour if you eat white bread not to mention any addidtives, coloring, bug killer, preservatives that may be present.

Think logically for a second, humans are the only animals for example to eat dead food, processed foods, milk as adults, milk from another animal, food without enzymes, food with extras, poisons (aspartame) , the list is very long. Bread is unatural. Brown rice is rice thats only had it's hull cracked off, the bran still is in tact, nothing added, no processing virtually, it's about as natural a food as you are going to find.

Thats my take on grains. If you disagree, that's cool and have a nice life smile.gif

#30 Green_Vegetable_Man

Green_Vegetable_Man

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 October 2004 - 06:52 AM

Rice is a hard grain. We cannot eat rice in its natural form, unless it is cooked. So please do not eat rice.