folic acid zinc

2 replies to this topic

#1 mrvinnycheese

mrvinnycheese

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 September 2011 - 10:31 PM

I first started getting pretty bad back and shoulder acne when I was 19 roughly two years ago. It made me extremely self-conscious and really put a damper on my summers. I tried just about every possible remedy; Head and Shoulders, Apple cider vinegar, and even had some lotions/foams prescribed to me by a few dermatologists. Nothing worked.

I finally found a dermatologist in my area who offered a Clearlight treatment that claimed it would clear about 60% of the problem areas with a wave frequency that penetrated the skin to kill bacteria. I was desperate at this point and was willing to pay the I think it was about $135 treatments for eight different sessions. Along with this treatment my doctor also prescribed Nicazel a dietary supplement containing zinc, copper, folic acid, etc. Within the first 3 or 4 weeks of treatment I began to see an improvement.

Along with this I also made some lifestyle changes. For instance I cut dairy from my diet and tried to take colder showers, both recommended by my doctor. As this past summer came rolling around I was not embarrassed to take my shirt off at the beach. The sun also helped me out by camouflaging my acne with a nice burn/tan making it nearly impossible to tell if I had acne or not. Plus the salt water always helps in my opinion and I was lucky enough to make it to the beach every weekend.

I can not distinguish which particular change hits the nail on the head, but I feel it is a combination of everything. But to sum it up if you have heard of Clearlight and you have the money, I would give it a try. Hope this helps, feel free to ask any questions.

#2 Ellinas

Ellinas

this is a member title :D

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 September 2011 - 09:44 AM

Firstly, congratulations!!

Secondly, did your Derm explain why taking colder showers was recommended? Is it because it closes the pores after you cleansed?

Edited by Ellinas, 06 September 2011 - 09:45 AM.

#3 mrvinnycheese

mrvinnycheese

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 September 2011 - 08:19 PM

thank you! I really appreciate it. But yes thats exactly what my dermatologist told me.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users