Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My success story

3 posts in this topic

I first started getting pretty bad back and shoulder acne when I was 19 roughly two years ago. It made me extremely self-conscious and really put a damper on my summers. I tried just about every possible remedy; Head and Shoulders, Apple cider vinegar, and even had some lotions/foams prescribed to me by a few dermatologists. Nothing worked.

I finally found a dermatologist in my area who offered a Clearlight treatment that claimed it would clear about 60% of the problem areas with a wave frequency that penetrated the skin to kill bacteria. I was desperate at this point and was willing to pay the I think it was about $135 treatments for eight different sessions. Along with this treatment my doctor also prescribed Nicazel a dietary supplement containing zinc, copper, folic acid, etc. Within the first 3 or 4 weeks of treatment I began to see an improvement.

Along with this I also made some lifestyle changes. For instance I cut dairy from my diet and tried to take colder showers, both recommended by my doctor. As this past summer came rolling around I was not embarrassed to take my shirt off at the beach. The sun also helped me out by camouflaging my acne with a nice burn/tan making it nearly impossible to tell if I had acne or not. Plus the salt water always helps in my opinion and I was lucky enough to make it to the beach every weekend.

I can not distinguish which particular change hits the nail on the head, but I feel it is a combination of everything. But to sum it up if you have heard of Clearlight and you have the money, I would give it a try. Hope this helps, feel free to ask any questions.

Firstly, congratulations!!

Secondly, did your Derm explain why taking colder showers was recommended? Is it because it closes the pores after you cleansed?

thank you! I really appreciate it. But yes thats exactly what my dermatologist told me.