Dating website for people with acne?

6 replies to this topic

#1 acnegonenow

acnegonenow

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 August 2011 - 12:02 AM

I want to know if you guys know of any websites that target specifically people with acne. Would it be a good idea? I have acne and scars so I was just wondering.

#2 Gutterflower

Gutterflower

Self-Proclaimed Art Nerd

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 4
About Me

Achievements

Posted 29 August 2011 - 12:19 AM

I'm not wailing on your idea, I think there would be people who'd appreciate it, but I wouldn't want to join a dating site that focuses on my skin problems. I don't want my acne to be the very first thing people acknowledge about me, I think we're all worth so much more than that.

I know this site is for people with acne and other skin issues but I guess it's more for trying to find a solution together. Although there have been a few people who have found love here unexpectedly. biggrin.gif

Why join the navy if you can be a pirate?

Hi, I'm Elle.

#3 Nilan

Nilan

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 August 2011 - 04:31 AM

I don't think i would want to either. People with acne can find love just as easily as people without acne. If someone judges you on your acne you shouldn't go out with them anyway!

#4 PaulH85

PaulH85

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 11
About Me

Posted 30 August 2011 - 04:45 AM

I understand the thinking behind it, but it would mean that you're advertising yourself as an acne sufferer and inavertently saying that it's one of the main things about you, or like it isn't "normal" or something, which isn't the way to go.

If you were to join one of the site's that are already out there, even if you had pictures which might show acne, you wouldn't actually mention it your profile because you'd have other things to talk about. If people look at the pictures and make a snap judgment, that's their problem. But if you've worked on the profile and sound like someone worth knowing, the right kind of people will eventually read that and take the time to find out more.

I can see where you're coming from though. I mean, the one thing which brings us all together here before we actually start to get to know each other better is our issue with acne, so there is a huge degree of understanding there. I suppose you would experience the same degree of understanding on an equivilant dating site, so I can see why you'd have the idea, but the same kind of people with the same degree of kindness and understanding are out there. The trick is finding them.

Edited by PaulH85, 30 August 2011 - 08:39 AM.

Thoughts become words
Words become actions
Actions become habits
Habits become character
Character becomes destiny
It is time to change my destiny

You look like a guy I banged once.

#5 CottonCandi

CottonCandi

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 30 August 2011 - 06:07 AM

QUOTE (acnegonenow @ Aug 29 2011, 12:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I want to know if you guys know of any websites that target specifically people with acne. Would it be a good idea? I have acne and scars so I was just wondering.

I don't like the idea because it's just telling people with and without acne that it's not normal and basically saying you can't get with a "normal" person.
Must. Not. Pick!

#6 Kairasa

Kairasa

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 30 August 2011 - 05:04 PM

QUOTE (CottonCandi @ Aug 30 2011, 07:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (acnegonenow @ Aug 29 2011, 12:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't like the idea because it's just telling people with and without acne that it's not normal and basically saying you can't get with a "normal" person.

This.

Also, as someone who found the love of her life on this website... I understand where you are coming from OP, but I don't think it would work. And I almost feel it isn't needed considering how many relationships I know of that have started here. haha.

On ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur l'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.

Poor Kairasa thinks she has a yen
For those clean-cut young Ivy League men.
Although they look cute
In their blazers and suits,
They can only get it up now and then.

"Bottom line is, even if you see 'em coming, you're not ready for the big moments. No one asks for their life to change, not really. But it does. So what are we, helpless? Puppets? No. The big moments are gonna come. You can't help that. It's what you do afterwards that counts. That's when you find out who you are."

#7 janice66

janice66

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 04 September 2011 - 06:03 AM

My boyfriend has acne and although his is not as bad as mine, it certainly makes me more comfortable with him. So I can see where your coming from but I think a dating site solely for acne sufferers would make me feel a little segregated haha

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users