Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Does foundation clog pores?

7 posts in this topic

hi everyone! I am new on acne.org. I'm a makeup junkie and I've always liked playing with makeup. But since I got cystic acne I could not wear it as much. And my derm told me that any type of cosmetics are harmful for acne prone skin actually. Now I have moderately-to-severe cystic acne on my cheeks. I have not worn makeup for 1 month. It was pretty embarrassing to go out in public with blemished skin, but I did it. At first pple were looking at me weirdly, but then I got use to it,actually I see some improvements on my cheeks. I still get some pimples, but they are not cystic.

I'd like to know will my acne heal faster if I stop wearing any facial makeup at all??? Or at least turn to mild type of acne?

Any success stories,girls???

hi everyone! I am new on acne.org. I'm a makeup junkie and I've always liked playing with makeup. But since I got cystic acne I could not wear it as much. And my derm told me that any type of cosmetics are harmful for acne prone skin actually. Now I have moderately-to-severe cystic acne on my cheeks. I have not worn makeup for 1 month. It was pretty embarrassing to go out in public with blemished skin, but I did it. At first pple were looking at me weirdly, but then I got use to it,actually I see some improvements on my cheeks. I still get some pimples, but they are not cystic.

I'd like to know will my acne heal faster if I stop wearing any facial makeup at all??? Or at least turn to mild type of acne?

Any success stories,girls???

WEll...I guess makeup is not good for acne prone skin. I'm in the same situation as you-I try to figure out does makeup actually aggrevate acne and clog pores. Go bare whenever possible.Let your skin breath a lil bit. But I don't know for sure does stop wearing makeup stop cystic breakouts ( or turn it to mild type). We will never know untill we try it.

Good luck!

SO today I went to college without makeup on. Guess what...it felt normal.No one looked at me weirdly or made a "ew" face. And the most important part was I felt good about myself without makeup.

I guess I can handle this and hopefully my skin will do better. I don't say that No makeup-NO acne, but definetly less breakouts( and smaller). And the key is confidence!!! Yes, when you act confident and don't give a damn what others might think about ur appearance, pple do not even notice your skin's imperfections. I guess we focus on our acne too much and it holds us back. I've read somewhere that our level of success is directly related to the level of our self esteem and confidence!

P.S I wish I never wore makeup. It made my skin look like a shit and clogged all the pores.

I have two jobs - an office job and promotion modelling.

In the office, I am a slob. My hair is gross and I never bother wearing makeup.

For promotion work, I have to wear make up as part of the uniform. If I do a lot of promo work in a period of time, I am likely to see more spots than when I am more office based. Also my skin looks more dull when I wear a lot of makeup regularly.

That is just me personally, everyone's skin is different - you have to find what is the best method for you.

Don't forget to remove makeup 100% then cleanse. For years I'd think removing make up and cleansing was the same thing! The org has educated me :)

Natasha you should use Oil Free Foundation/Makeup. I have read that adding oil-based products to your skin can promote clogged pores and breakouts. :angel:

Don't forget to remove makeup 100% then cleanse. For years I'd think removing make up and cleansing was the same thing! The org has educated me :)

Definitely parroting Abi's post. Make sure you wash off your makeup properly! Even if you use extra virgin olive oil, wipe it off then wash the excess off with a cleanser, it'll make a big difference. Cleanser won't take your makeup off completely unless it is really harsh.