Anyone suffering from acne scabs?

6 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_beccau08_*

Guest_beccau08_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 26 August 2011 - 11:10 AM

I just started a journal of my own to quit picking but im stuck with scabs and kind of a lot of them.
Does anyone else pick so badly that you create scabs?
I also pick at my scabs so they take forever to heal but they look better pink then dark red i guess thats my reason for picking them off early.
Anyone have remedies to heal them really fast i know putting a bandaid over them at night helps but i live with my boyfriend so its pretty embarrassing to have bandaids all over but when i lived alone i would do it and they would literally heal over night.
So any options would be greatly appreciated.

#2 Nilan

Nilan

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 August 2011 - 06:12 AM

Same problem here! I think i have scars because of it too sad.gif I think you can fade red marks overnight if you put sudocream on them (although that would be the same as the bandaids!) But the best way to deal with it is to stop picking at them. I know it's really hard but there is a page on skin picking on acne.org which you can use to try and stop.

#3 Guest_Timehealsall_*

Guest_Timehealsall_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 12 January 2012 - 03:54 AM

mine is an awkward situation in that my acne scabs without ever being picked at. It just dries up by itself and than scabs...

#4 CocnutCaramel

CocnutCaramel

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Books, food, performance art

Achievements

Posted 13 January 2012 - 11:20 AM

Mario Badescu's "Healing Cream". Genious stuff. And ofcourse, hands off and proper cleansing.

#5 iskaestar

iskaestar

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 April 2012 - 08:21 PM

Whenever I leave the dry spots be long enough for them to rid themselves I feel very happy. Unfortunately this doesn't get to happen a lot...yet!

#6 Guest_beccau08_*

Guest_beccau08_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 11 June 2012 - 05:11 PM

It has been a long long time since I posted this and since then my skin cleared up dramatically but then 2 months ago broke out like crazy and hasnt been even slightly clear since.
I'm not struggling with scabs right now just alot of red pimples and tons of scars.
About a week ago my skin looked HORRIBLE! And I emphasize on the word HORRIBLE!!!
Literally around 30 or so spots on my face forehead and cheeks and my cheeks rarely break out but randomly did.
It was mostly scabs really big (from picking) and really dark red!
Now a week later they still look bad but not nearly as red and no scabs.
I think what has helped me was I stated taking vitamin e and my skin has been healing faster and looking better everyday.
Now the pimples have been very minimal and I'm dealing with picking and that is soooooo hard to get over.
Any tips on this?
I got acrylic nails really long so they keep me from picking because they make it hard to grip the skin.
I have found a way to pick still well pop not pick i can still do that with these nails and it doesnt damage my skin so much.
But seriously this needs to stop and I need help just like the majority of people on here.
Any advice is greatly appreciated.

#7 iskaestar

iskaestar

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 September 2012 - 09:27 PM

The best thing I have found that works for me is just treating my skin well. I really like argan oil because it helps with scarring and more. I try to be mindful of what I'm thinking/feeling when I even touch my face. After I "get back on the horse" after a relapse, I stop wearing make up again after a day or two of not picking. This has helped a lot because it helps my face clear up and then it ensures that I will not pick because I can't hide it the next day.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users