Photo

Food

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 Eulogy

Eulogy

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 4
About Me

Posted 06 September 2004 - 06:35 PM

What foods will effect my face?
What drinks will effect my face? *will or could effect.........* bb_doubt.gif
AND I'll NEVER DIE..................

........ANGELS IN MY HEART............DEVILS IN MY EYES........

I'LL LIVE FOREVER IN YOUR EYES..........

-Mixed bits of ANTHRAX

#2 BenKweller

BenKweller

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 September 2004 - 09:25 PM

Few.

#3 hopeless19

hopeless19

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me

Posted 07 September 2004 - 02:47 PM

I've read a million times that diet is NOT proven to affect acne, BUT if you do notice that your skin breaks out with certain types of food, then you should probably try to avoid them or minimize how much you eat/drink.

Best of luck:)

#4 stoneman

stoneman

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 September 2004 - 03:03 PM

Water helps. Drop all drinks that have sugar in them such as coke. Don't eat chocolate, crisps, milk or dairy products such as yoghurt. If you want to eat chips and pizza then you can but not too much mind you. Once a week should do. Try to eat more fruit and veg and don't put butter/margarine on bread etc etc.

#5 drummerman

drummerman

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 September 2004 - 03:04 PM

Dont eat pizza (ie pizza face) har har har
I play drums, bitches
I live by this...check it out

#6 daveyguy23

daveyguy23

"GOT GOOD DAYS AND U HAVE BAD DAYS"

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me

Posted 07 September 2004 - 05:57 PM

Dont eat pizza or sodas alot ppl say oh that dosnt cause acne thats only for some ppl

#7 Katie

Katie

respek

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 September 2004 - 06:16 PM

i don't think there's a DIRECT corralation to what you eat and acne. like oh, i ate a chocolate bar, now i broke out. i think that may only happen if you rub the chocolate all over your skin and not wash it off. but, in general, what you put in your mouth has an effect on your health and body. i know nothing has been proven, but, i know when i take the time to make a good healthy meal, not only do i feel better, i look better. my skin is brighter, my eyes are brighter. maybe i just feel better so that makes me see my acne less... could be psychological, i guess.
Oh oh now baby, tell me how have you been
We all have missed you, and the way you grin
The day is necessary, every now and then
For souls to move on, givin' life back again, and again
Fly on fly on, fly on my friend
Go on, live again, love again

#8 Dices15

Dices15

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 September 2004 - 08:29 AM

Cut down on foods containing white sugar, or white flour.
John 15:7 "If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given you."
[image removed by sigbot--see board rules]

#9 SweetJade1980

SweetJade1980

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 September 2004 - 01:19 AM

Perhaps, for this question, you'll have better luck in the Diet & Holistic Forum
These are not steps, but stages some people progress through when going from conventional to holistic medicine. Stage 2 is how I became 99%+ Clear, eliminated my dysmennorhea, significantly reduced my sebum & pore size, etc & is my predominant method.

Stage 1 (Treatment):
* (Daily) Isocare Skin Control Cleanser, Dream Products Customized Natural Face Lotion & Coppertone Sport Spray Sunscreen (mixed)
* (Sporadically) spot treat w/ anti-inflammatory (neosporin, hydrocortisone, salicylic acid) or a skin lightener (post-inflammatory pigmentation) to treat stubborn cystic/nodular acne that appears due to unknowingly or knowingly ingesting a food/ingredient that breaks me out (I do my best to avoid these foods). If you cover treated area w/ a bandaid, it makes product more effective.

Stage 2 (Prevention): "cheapest" method ~ Since Aug. 2002
* Follow a Gluten-Free, Trans-Fat Free, Dairy-Free and No Added Sugar diet for my Insulin Resistance/Hyperandrogenism (Silent Chronic Inflammatory Syndrome)
* Avoid ALL types of nuts and the Genus Prunus (almonds, plums, peaches, nectarines, apricots, cherries), Bananas, Pineapples, Cottonseed oil, Artificial Sweetners.

Stage 3 (Correction):
* 1/18/08 Ultimate Colon Cleanse (30 day program)

Research:
* Developing functional foods for those with acne & other special needs (assuming there's a defficiency).
* Developing good & "safe" formulas for various hormonal issues for women. Correction stage may resolve this for some.

#10 BenKweller

BenKweller

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 September 2004 - 02:55 PM

Water helps. Drop all drinks that have sugar in them such as coke. Don't eat chocolate, crisps, milk or dairy products such as yoghurt. If you want to eat chips and pizza then you can but not too much mind you. Once a week should do. Try to eat more fruit and veg and don't put butter/margarine on bread etc etc.

You are paranoid and misinformed. You're basically saying, "Don't eat sugar, chocolate, milk, or any greasy foods--" 50 years ago, crazy mothers told this to their kids.

Please -- if you think a certain food causes something, feel free to explain but blanket statements are stupid and will only depress people further upon the realization that their acne isn't linked to a food.

#11 francesco fiora

francesco fiora

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 September 2004 - 03:34 PM

hes giving his advice. and id say thats really good advice. cutting out bad foods will only help you and make you feel better. Even if it doesnt drastically change your skin, you will still be living a healthier lifestlye. in short, quit bein a dick