61 replies to this topic

#61 sd85

sd85

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 October 2011 - 08:34 PM

**********Day 30**********

Still doing well. I got one new pimple today.

I think the pores on my nose ARE starting to clear out. Unfortunately, I think my pores are really stretched out from having all of the junk in there for so long. Maybe they will go back to normal, but I doubt it. OH WELL. At least my skin is getting better.

#62 sd85

sd85

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 October 2011 - 07:12 PM

**********Day 31**********

I'm doing very well. I only have 3 pimples. I can't say for sure, but I think things are starting to clear up. I still have lots of red marks and little bumps (especially along my jawline). But, I can't wait to see how things go in the next few days.

#63 brownbag

brownbag

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 October 2011 - 01:42 PM

Awesome to hear! You could be one of the lucky ones who gets dramatic results within a month.

I think the pores on my nose have gotten a bit tighter since being on Accutane. Normally I would have to avoid powdering my nose because it would just settle into the holes and make it really obvious but yesterday when I wore makeup for the first time in months, the powder just glided over my nose area. I think my pores were really big to begin with because i kept squeezing stuff out of them religiously when I was younger.

#64 sd85

sd85

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 October 2011 - 03:48 PM

Awesome to hear! You could be one of the lucky ones who gets dramatic results within a month.

I think the pores on my nose have gotten a bit tighter since being on Accutane. Normally I would have to avoid powdering my nose because it would just settle into the holes and make it really obvious but yesterday when I wore makeup for the first time in months, the powder just glided over my nose area. I think my pores were really big to begin with because i kept squeezing stuff out of them religiously when I was younger.

I think you may be right. My skin is still pretty good today. I'll check it out more closely in the mirror tonight.

**********Day 32**********

Yesterday I went to the dermatologist. I didn't see the same one that I saw the first time, but it was within the same group/practice. He left my prescription at 30mgs, but I think that is probably fine. I know that when I go back to my original dermatologist in another month she will bump me up to the 60. But, I am seeing really good results even on the 30mgs, and I have hardly any side effects. I'm sure I would have more if I were on 60mgs.

Question regarding the Ipledge system:

My dermatologist always says my appointment should be 31-33 days after my current one, but I scheduled my next one only 29 days after. Is this going to be a problem in the ipledge system? My understanding is that they got rid of the 23 day blackout period, so I'm OK to have the appointment after 29 days right?

#65 sd85

sd85

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 October 2011 - 05:49 PM

**********Day 33**********

I got 3 new pimples today. They're pretty small though and not any more red than any of the other marks left on my face.

I've found that if I immediately exfoliate my lips after getting out of the shower I can go all day without using chapstick.

#66 sd85

sd85

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 October 2011 - 04:41 PM

**********Day 34**********

No new breakouts today. Not much is happening. I just keep on waiting for something to happen. Nose is still mostly clogged, but slightly better.

#67 sd85

sd85

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 October 2011 - 01:22 PM

**********Day 35**********

Tick tick tick. Yep, that's the days going by. Skin is OK today. No new pimples. Lips are rather dry again, even though my dosage hasn't changed. It's getting colder here though, so that probably has something to do with it. The heat and humidity are gone.

I answered my own question regarding the Ipledge system: There are no timing requirements for the office visits, so a visit after 29 days is OK. I was able to find the answer in the prescriber packets on the Ipledge website.

#68 sd85

sd85

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 October 2011 - 07:15 PM

**********Day 36**********

No new pimples today. I still have several that are healing up from the last few days.

I used chapstick a few times today and the dry lips are doing better.

I'm still plugging along at work. I'm kind of dissatisfied--things are pretty---stagnant. I'm ready to shake things up with our living situation, but I know that will probably be a couple of months.

#69 sd85

sd85

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 November 2011 - 05:49 PM

**********Day 37**********

I had one very small white head along my jawline today. Thats it. I'm starting to get bored with this accutane treatment. Nothing is happening. I've got a few spots healing up, and I get new pimples on occassion, but that's about it. My skin is definitely better on average than when I started, but not substantially. The only real change is the decrease in oil.

Even though I'm in my second month I've taken only about 15% of my necessary cumulative dose (1080mgs so far). I need to get back to the dermatologist in a few weeks to get my dosage bumped up so that I can get this over with.

#70 sd85

sd85

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 November 2011 - 01:16 PM

**********Day 38**********

I didn't have any new pimples today. I still have lots of red spots and a few larger bumps from left over ones, but overall I'm doing relatively well. It's basically one of my pre-accutane "good days." I mentioned in my last post that I had taken only about 15% of the necessary amount of accutane. BUT, if I have a 5 month course (which is what my dermatologist intends) then I am about 25% of the way through, so that's good news.

My lips are mildly dry, and the scaly dry patch on my hand comes and goes. Yesterday it wasn't there at all, and today it's back and larger than before. Oh well. Those are the only side effects right now. I can't wait to have my derm appointment in 3 weeks.

#71 sd85

sd85

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 November 2011 - 08:33 AM

**********Day 39*********

My skin looks really good today. I have a few spots which are almost completely gone, and one that is coming up close to my ear. But, this one is not inflamed, so it doesn't show much. This morning I also had on large comedone trapped under the skin, so I took care of that. After I showered most of the redness had gone down. If I don't get any new ones tomorrow or Saturday I should be looking REALLY good by Sunday. We shall see...

#72 sd85

sd85

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 November 2011 - 01:31 PM

**********Day 40**********

Well ya know my plan for not breaking out anymore? Yeah, that didn't work. I had another new one today. Still, given the fact that I haven't treated with any topicals in about 3 weeks I'm doing very well. I probably have 5 or 6 spots showing right now, when I could have as many as 20 before accutane (when not using topicals).

Anywho...I haven't taken my 40th pill yet today, but I'm saving that for dinner as we're probably going out for Mexican food....lots of fats to soak up all of the isotretinoin!

#73 sd85

sd85

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 November 2011 - 02:14 PM

**********Day 41**********

Not doing too bad today. Really, my only troublesome area is my right jawline/chin/lower cheek area. It's a mess there, but the rest of my face is pretty well clear.

Nothing new with the side effects. The dry patches on my hands are back, but that's no trouble to deal with. I just slap some lotion on it and it's usually gone within 24 hours. Lips are mildly chapped/dry.

#74 sd85

sd85

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 November 2011 - 10:28 AM

**********Day 42**********

I'm doing pretty well today. No new pimples, which gives everything a day to heal. A few days ago I tore a spot on my lips and I cannot get it to heal up! I've been keeping it covered with aquaphor, and hopefully that will help. It's been 5 days already....

I'm still breaking out, but I get fewer pimples than I did preTane. Instead of getting 1-3 everyday, I'm probably averaging 1 every other day.

#75 sd85

sd85

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 November 2011 - 09:50 PM

**********Day 43**********

I'm doing pretty well right now. I had one new one today that needed to get taken care of, but otherwise I'm good. I forgot to mention that I am on my 5th pack of pills now, which definitely feels good. I always love hauling those packs out to the garbage...that's one less that I have to deal with. The dry patch on my hand hasn't gotten any better, but it doesn't really bother me much, so I'm ok with it hanging around if necessary. Dry lips are gone again. I've found that rubbing off the huge amounts of dead skin after/while showering is key. I probably use chapstick 2x per day.

Anyways, I'm sailing along. I need to remember to go get and my blood drawn in about 10 days or so. My appointment is two weeks from Wednesday. Woohoo! Then I'll start the famously awesome month three. I CAN. NOT. WAIT.

Edited by sd85, 07 November 2011 - 09:50 PM.

#76 brownbag

brownbag

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 November 2011 - 09:59 PM

Fantastic. Try some Eucerin lotion for the dry patch if it does bother you. Should go away in two days and you should be good for 4-5 days before you need to apply more lotion to keep it away. I'm lazy so I like to do as little as possible.

#77 sd85

sd85

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 November 2011 - 08:05 AM

**********Day 44**********

Things are looking pretty good today. Nothing active, but lots of red marks. No chapped lips, but the dry patch is still there. It feels a little bit better than yesterday though.

#78 Hopeful*

Hopeful*

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 November 2011 - 08:16 AM

Good Luck !! Lol it's good u don't have the chapped lips. They're the worst. The last time I was on Accutane I also had some sort of dry/ patch / rash on the side of my arm. It seemed like whenever I was in some sort of sun exposure it would act up, but when I wasn't it would go away. I'm not sure though. I didn't pay much attention to it & it goes away when ur done with the accutane anyway!
-Never let a day pass you by where u haven't learned something new.

#79 sd85

sd85

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 November 2011 - 08:20 AM

**********Day 45**********

I can't believe it has already been 45 days. This time next month I should be seeing some good results. I had two new ones this morning. One on my temple and another one in the upper cheek area. Right now all of my problems are on the right side of my face. My left side is pretty much clear. I'm starting to wonder if I do anything to the right side of my face to make it flare up all the time. Eh. In another 6 weeks it probably won't matter what I do to it since the tane will have taken care of any problems.

Well my dry patch is gone, but that's just because I picked off all the dry dead skin while I was at work yesterday. Lol. Now it's pretty much like normal.

#80 brownbag

brownbag

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 November 2011 - 01:09 PM

Do you normally rest the right side of your face on your pillow when you sleep?