Photo

IM ACNE FREE!

cyst beta carotene green tea zinc

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
24 replies to this topic

#1 GodLovesMe.

GodLovesMe.

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 22 August 2011 - 03:23 PM

SO I'm gonna try to make this short, if you want to know more about my acne's history check my other posts :

HOW MY ACNE IS GOING AWAY: [size=4

STEP 1
*the most important step of all*
Do not touch or pick acne/face. Do not touch face at all except for cleansing. If this step is not followed, your acne will not go away, this counts for any regimen.

STEP 2
Wash face 1-2x daily with oatmeal (recipe in the end)

STEP 3
Tone with a mixture of 1 part lemon/lime juice and 3 parts organic green tea(or regular, organic is better)

STEP 4
Spot treat at night with Humco calamine lotion(best brand with least chemicals) and moisturize with Koru Naturals Emu oil (except where you spot treated) .

STEP 5
Take Bee Propolis (RAW) and Beta Carotene. More details below. This step is so important, I honestly had no idea that taking vitamin could help so much. I had tried Zinc before, it didn't do anything. You just need something really good inside and outside, along with not touching.

-------------------

OKAY, now on with the recipe, the recipe is the h e a r t of this regimen:

I got the idea from this video

I however, grind the rolled oats (Old fashioned oatmeal from Publix, medium sized about $2, you can get it for like $1 at Walmart.) in a blender for about 1 minute, you don't want to blend too much because you really want the exfoliation benefits.
I make about a cup and store it in a glass jar (with lid, you can use any old sauce one)
Every morning & night (Mostly, i've been doing it only at night since I have no time in the morning, no more than 2x a day in the mornings i just use african black soap) I put about a tablespoon of the oatmeal in my hand and put some water, you don't want it too dry or too watery, but a pastey consistency, like how a regular mask is. I then rub that all over my skin, I focus on problem areas (mostly my whole face:P) and scrub really good, just be sure not to overdo it or you'll end up damaging your skin (you will see that it's not scratchy at all but it's soothing and doesn't hurt, if you are not grinding the oats, be sure to mash them with your fingers so it becomes more creamier and softer). After I scrub for about 30 seconds to a minute, I leave it on for 2-5 minutes(usually only 2 min)

I believe that is it smile.gif

Hopefully this helped you,
just some background, my acne was pretty severe, with tons of cysts and pimples that took ages to go away. I have a lot of hyperpigmentation (red and brown spots) and that is lightening too.

I also take raw bee propolis( a m a z o n.com) along with 25,000i.u. of beta carotene (converts into vit A when it enters your body but disposes of the extras)
and that has helped a lot also. I just got off an antibiotic (about 5 days ago) however like the next day I had stopped my acne was coming back, I started with this regimen and my skin hasn't looked this good in months. and just in time for school, lucky me, thank you GOD! <3
something i've really noticed with this regimen is that my face is not red any more. (the calamine helps CYSTS SO MUCH! not even kidding xD
any questions feel free to ask smile.gif

Edited by GodLovesMe., 02 September 2011 - 01:38 PM.

#2 pmd584

pmd584

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 August 2011 - 07:42 PM

Praise the Lord! smile.gif

Did you change anything in your diet? Like quit dairy or wheat or sugar or something?

How soon did you see improvements?

#3 ParanoidAndroid

ParanoidAndroid

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 23 August 2011 - 09:18 PM

Would the oatmeal cleanser work for oily skin? I've used many cleansers that don't remove excess oil on my face.

#4 GodLovesMe.

GodLovesMe.

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 24 August 2011 - 01:49 PM

QUOTE (pmd584 @ Aug 23 2011, 08:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Praise the Lord! smile.gif

Did you change anything in your diet? Like quit dairy or wheat or sugar or something?

How soon did you see improvements?

Amen, thank you smile.gif No I actually didn't. The only time I changed my diet for my skin was with that 3 day only apples cleanse (did nothing) but no, I know there may be some correlation between the two but not for me, but my diet has always been homemade food (never fast food, hate it) and I eat salad every day. I started to see improvements (no joke!) like the 2nd and 3rd day, but the very first time I did it I felt improvement, like the oatmeal you'd think would just aggravate the acne but it soothes and calms so much.

#5 GodLovesMe.

GodLovesMe.

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 24 August 2011 - 01:53 PM

QUOTE (ParanoidAndroid @ Aug 23 2011, 10:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Would the oatmeal cleanser work for oily skin? I've used many cleansers that don't remove excess oil on my face.

I actually have combination skin, mostly oily, and it works great for me. Since you are exfoliating it should help with the oiliness. But don't get too discouraged with oily skin, we age slower whistling.gif) LOL. Depending on your age, if you are a teen, it should calm down some when you turn 16 or 17 that's what happened for me. When I was 15, I was an oil slick, now it's a lot better. Try moisturizing! Very important, that's why your skin is overreacting, you probably don't moisturize enough. & Don't forget the sunscreen in the morning, it's essential. Good luck .

#6 ParanoidAndroid

ParanoidAndroid

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 24 August 2011 - 06:07 PM

QUOTE (GodLovesMe. @ Aug 24 2011, 11:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I actually have combination skin, mostly oily, and it works great for me. Since you are exfoliating it should help with the oiliness. But don't get too discouraged with oily skin, we age slower whistling.gif) LOL. Depending on your age, if you are a teen, it should calm down some when you turn 16 or 17 that's what happened for me. When I was 15, I was an oil slick, now it's a lot better. Try moisturizing! Very important, that's why your skin is overreacting, you probably don't moisturize enough. & Don't forget the sunscreen in the morning, it's essential. Good luck .

Thanks, I think I'll give this a shot. Maybe just as a night cleanser. Just as a test run, I think I'll use some Quaker instant oatmeal that I have lying around. I'm worried that scrubbing with the oatmeal will dry out my skin, as I'm still using Dan's BP. It doesn't hurt to try, though.

And how's the african black soap working for you? I kind of wanted to try that out as well.

#7 GodLovesMe.

GodLovesMe.

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 24 August 2011 - 07:14 PM

QUOTE (ParanoidAndroid @ Aug 24 2011, 07:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (GodLovesMe. @ Aug 24 2011, 11:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks, I think I'll give this a shot. Maybe just as a night cleanser. Just as a test run, I think I'll use some Quaker instant oatmeal that I have lying around. I'm worried that scrubbing with the oatmeal will dry out my skin, as I'm still using Dan's BP. It doesn't hurt to try, though.

And how's the african black soap working for you? I kind of wanted to try that out as well.

Since I barely have time in the mornings, I only do it at night now, I think it would be best if you used old fashioned oatmeal though. Honestly, if I were you I'd stop with BP, it leads to dryness which leads to premature wrinkles, but that's just me. The texture of my skin is looking so much better with this you wouldn't believe it. I've been using African Black Soap now for about a year, it's always been good, I wouldn't say it gets rid of acne or anything unless you have something mild, however all you really need from a cleanser is gentle washing and that's perfect for it. I use it in the mornings, it also gets rid of all my makeup. If it helps any, I usually buy it from this site http://www.etsy.com/...nzy?ref=si_shop
they seem to have different sizes, usually it's better just to get 1lb which lasts me forever. Almost up to a year. I also use it as a body wash, some people use it as a shampoo, but it's never worked for me; it leaves my hair "too clean" and squeaky, I can't even get my hands through it. But for everything else, it's awesome (:

#8 ParanoidAndroid

ParanoidAndroid

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 24 August 2011 - 09:30 PM

QUOTE (GodLovesMe. @ Aug 24 2011, 05:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Since I barely have time in the mornings, I only do it at night now, I think it would be best if you used old fashioned oatmeal though. Honestly, if I were you I'd stop with BP, it leads to dryness which leads to premature wrinkles, but that's just me. The texture of my skin is looking so much better with this you wouldn't believe it. I've been using African Black Soap now for about a year, it's always been good, I wouldn't say it gets rid of acne or anything unless you have something mild, however all you really need from a cleanser is gentle washing and that's perfect for it. I use it in the mornings, it also gets rid of all my makeup. If it helps any, I usually buy it from this site http://www.etsy.com/...nzy?ref=si_shop
they seem to have different sizes, usually it's better just to get 1lb which lasts me forever. Almost up to a year. I also use it as a body wash, some people use it as a shampoo, but it's never worked for me; it leaves my hair "too clean" and squeaky, I can't even get my hands through it. But for everything else, it's awesome (:

You're right, I might as well get the old fashioned oatmeal if it's so cheap, and I would really like to stop using BP, but it is truly the only thing that's ever worked against my acne.

#9 ParanoidAndroid

ParanoidAndroid

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 24 August 2011 - 10:35 PM

By the way, do you wet your face before rubbing the oatmeal on?

#10 GodLovesMe.

GodLovesMe.

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 25 August 2011 - 03:05 PM

QUOTE (ParanoidAndroid @ Aug 24 2011, 09:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (GodLovesMe. @ Aug 24 2011, 05:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You're right, I might as well get the old fashioned oatmeal if it's so cheap, and I would really like to stop using BP, but it is truly the only thing that's ever worked against my acne.

You should try lowering the number of times you use it, try using it only once daily then switch to only 5x a week and so on, if it worries you so much you could also use it, after, once a month as a mask.

#11 GodLovesMe.

GodLovesMe.

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 25 August 2011 - 03:07 PM

QUOTE (ParanoidAndroid @ Aug 24 2011, 10:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
By the way, do you wet your face before rubbing the oatmeal on?

A bit, but it's not really a big deal if you don't since the oatmeal will be somewhat wet as you know.

#12 ParanoidAndroid

ParanoidAndroid

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 25 August 2011 - 06:56 PM

Thanks so much, it worked great. I wish I had time in the morning so I could use the oatmeal twice a day!

#13 MarshallJ

MarshallJ

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 August 2011 - 02:20 AM

Hi, I used oatmeal today, It made my skin noticeably softer and less red, thanks for the idea! I was just wondering about the toner though- do you use freshly squeezed lemon and lime juice or the stuff that comes from the little yellow lemon shaped bottles? Do you make the green tea with the leaves or teabags? Also I think i only have lemon juice so do you think that it will still work if i just use that? Thankyou wink.gif

edit: just noticed that it says lemon/lime juice not a combination of both redface.gif

Edited by MarshallJ, 26 August 2011 - 02:22 AM.

#14 GodLovesMe.

GodLovesMe.

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 26 August 2011 - 07:33 PM

QUOTE (MarshallJ @ Aug 26 2011, 02:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi, I used oatmeal today, It made my skin noticeably softer and less red, thanks for the idea! I was just wondering about the toner though- do you use freshly squeezed lemon and lime juice or the stuff that comes from the little yellow lemon shaped bottles? Do you make the green tea with the leaves or teabags? Also I think i only have lemon juice so do you think that it will still work if i just use that? Thankyou wink.gif

edit: just noticed that it says lemon/lime juice not a combination of both redface.gif

The toner is not a big deal, sometimes I don't use it. But yeah, you can use either. And as for the green tea, I use tea bags, but it doesn't really matter as long as it's green tea. I'm glad it's working out for you! (: best luck to ya.

QUOTE (ParanoidAndroid @ Aug 25 2011, 06:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks so much, it worked great. I wish I had time in the morning so I could use the oatmeal twice a day!

I'm so glad, good luck smile.gif

#15 ParanoidAndroid

ParanoidAndroid

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 27 August 2011 - 02:18 AM

I'm worried about reducing the amount of BP I'm using because it's the only thing that's ever worked for me.

#16 ParanoidAndroid

ParanoidAndroid

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 29 August 2011 - 03:46 AM

The calamine lotion is a great spot treatment, but it won't come off when I wash my face in the morning. How do you remove the calamine lotion in the morning?

#17 GodLovesMe.

GodLovesMe.

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 29 August 2011 - 08:05 PM

QUOTE (ParanoidAndroid @ Aug 29 2011, 04:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The calamine lotion is a great spot treatment, but it won't come off when I wash my face in the morning. How do you remove the calamine lotion in the morning?

I use the African Black Soap. Any good cleanser should help though.

#18 ParanoidAndroid

ParanoidAndroid

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 30 August 2011 - 02:43 PM

I washed my face twice and the calamine lotion didn't come off completely.

#19 acnegonenow

acnegonenow

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 August 2011 - 08:19 PM

what if you have a big white head ready to pop! do you leave it and go on your day like normal at work in front of customers?

#20 GodLovesMe.

GodLovesMe.

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 02 September 2011 - 01:31 PM

QUOTE (acnegonenow @ Aug 31 2011, 08:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
what if you have a big white head ready to pop! do you leave it and go on your day like normal at work in front of customers?

I know you want to pop it, but DON'T. Go to the bathroom and start to splash hot water on it and around it, for about 5 minutes (don't burn yourself). Then, take the oatmeal recipe and wash your face with it (for exfoliation mostly) that should pop it naturally, or heal it somewhat. When you are done, put about 5 layers of calamine lotion (letting it dry inbetween layer)

& you my friend, are done (:

QUOTE (ParanoidAndroid @ Aug 30 2011, 02:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I washed my face twice and the calamine lotion didn't come off completely.

What cleanser did you use?

Edited by GodLovesMe., 02 September 2011 - 04:52 PM.