Photo

The real cause and cure for chronic acne

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
16 replies to this topic

#1 Urban Monk

Urban Monk

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 August 2011 - 09:31 AM

Hi all,
this will be my first time posting on this forum, the reason why I feel I have to post this is because it might help out other sufferers who are clueless to why they are still breaking out way past puberty.

Let me introduce myself first,

I'm a 30 year old male who has been struggling with moderate to severe acne since the age of 13, at first I expected it to be a normal part of puberty.
I have always been very vain and immediately started battling the first signs of acne (which at that time were small pimples) with clearasil and other over the counter products.
Ofcourse that didn't do shit for my acne but make it worse (as I'm sure most of you have already personally experienced).

Then I went to the doctor and got some antibiotic lotion, guess what? My acne and my skin complexion got worse and worse!
Then at the age of 16 my acne had gone from relatively mild to pretty severe. I went to a dermatologist who was supposed to be some renowned skin expert who prescribed me two different creams, one for at night and one for during the day. Guess what? Not a damn thing changed! My skin complexion just simply continued to get worse and worse no matter what I did.

By now I was 18 years old and my skin condition was getting worse, plus I became plagued by terrible oiliness which forced me to basically wash my face about every hour because the oiliness combined with acne just looked and felt disgusting.

I did notice a strange fenomenon though...
Every now and then, seemingly from out of nowhere, my entire face became clear for a day or two without me changing anything about my routine, on those days I always felt very relaxed and confident.
But those streaks never lasted for longer than a few days, then it was back to the same old bad skin that by now I had come to identify with.

Everything in my life became negatively influenced by my skin and my thoughts about it.
By the time I was 22 I was just depressed about life and felt that my skin condition was the one thing preventing me from reaching my full potential. I became introverted and started to avoid social situations and even my own friends.
My confidence with girls was completely in the toilet during that time, although I did have a few girlfriends and one very loving and sweet long term girlfriend whom I lived together with for years.
Even the quality of my relationships with my girlfriends was negatively influenced by my obsession with my skin because I was just so insecure (which I never told any of my girls) that it caused me to be emotionally unavailable to them.

So basically I just continued on in this way, not really enjoying my life, mostly hanging out with other insecure losers (because they were the only people I felt comfortable with), and drinking lots of alcohol and smoking weed alot just to try to escape my miserable little existence.

During these years I can literally say that I was never fully at peace, I never fully accepted myself the way I was, I basically felt that there was something wrong with me because I was the one getting this fucked up acne while everybody else just enjoyed smooth clear skin no matter what they did.

At this point I had tried it all: diets, fruit fasting, water fasting, and all over the counter products and also a few prescpription meds such as differin, nothing made a difference, and a few even seemed to make it worse.

I came to the realization that western doctors do not cure anybody, they're clueless. Yes they know a lot about the human body, but they (most of them) don't address the cause of disease, they just fight the symptoms.
Just try to ask a doctor about the cause of any disease and they'll tell you that the cause is either unknown, or the disease is caused by some bacteria or virus.
Well how do you explain that those bacteria are coming into contact with every human being on the planet but some get affected by them while others don't?

If acne is caused by bacteria that everybody has on their skin then how do you explain that some people do get acne while others don't?

If acne is caused by diet then how do you explain that the most obese people I know who literally eat anything they can get their hands on, have smooth beautiful skin?

If acne is caused by an unhealthy lifestyle then why do most alcoholics and drug addicts have smooth clear skin?

If acne is caused by dirt and not washing enough then why do I see homeless bums who live on the streets and don't wash for days at a time all have perfect skin?

If acne is caused by excessive oiliness, how do you explain that even when I wash my face all day long and never let the oil build up, I still get the same amount (or more!) of acne.

Something's not adding up, right?

So I started to do my own research on how the human body works. I have always been very interested in metaphysics, and have read a lot about it, but never really applied it because I wasn't ready to make that paradigm shift.

I had already read years ago that all disease is caused by the mind through emotional stress, but I never really could believe it because I was just so brainwashed by our conventional western way of thinking.
Then while reading these acne.org boards I realized something...

I noticed LOTS of people saying that they felt that acne was the ONE thing holding them back in life. "If I could just get rid of this acne, my life would be perfect, I could be my true self and be happy".

My research had brought me to the theory that the body is a reflection of the mind, if we assume for a minute that this is true, then what would acne be a manifestation of?

For me I realized that acne was the outer manifestation of all the uglyness that was inside of me, all the pain and emotions that I have suffered in the past (I had an emotionally tough childhood) that I never faced within myself had to be expressed in some way or they would have killed me.
Emotional stress is actually very toxic to the body, much more toxic than anything you could eat, drink, smoke, snort or even shoot! (exept for lethal poisons ofcourse).
Just do some research on how stress can affect the entire body , including hormonal balance and digestion, and you"ll realize that diet is insiginificant to your skin, as compared to stress levels. (Excluding any pre-existing allergies).

I dicided to try this after reading "A new eart" by Eckhart Tolle.
I surrendered to all the pain that was inside of me from all the years of suffering from acne and all the fear and stress of not being good enough.

What happened is unbelievable, after just surrendering, the results within two weeks were already life changing. Just simply from accepting myself as I am right now, and facing all my emotions without running away from them, all active acne has dissapeared, and the scars that I did have are all fading and literally falling (peeling) off my face!

My entire complexion has changed rapidly and drastically, the texture of my facial skin is much more smooth and even my enlarged pores, oilyness, and blackheads on my nose are all gone!
My regimen now is to simply wash my face two to three times a day with a mild soap while taking a shower, and not using any creams or lotions.

I have come to the conclusion that my acne was simply caused by suppressed emotions of not being good enough (this goes back to the way I was raised) which just got worse when I came into puberty and got exerbated by the acne, basically the acne was the outter manifestation of the emotion "I'm not good enough". And by not facing this emotion within myself, I was sentenced to facing it everytime I looked in the mirror and showing it to the entire world (you can run but you can't hide!).

Most people go through a short phase where they have acne, and then grow out of it, guess why? because they accept themselves as they are, even with acne. We are the ones who have trouble living with acne because we already had problems before the acne even showed up, we just weren't aware of it, the acne was meant to make us aware that we have some emotional problems going on and to deal with them.

But instead of doing that, we decide to fight against the acne! Well the acne is just a reflection of yourself, so in reality you're fighting against yourself, which can only result in more pain. Nobody goes from having clear skin to having severe acne over night, it's a process. The more you fight aginst it, the worse it gets. I'm not saying that some people are not genetically predisposed to this, I'm just saying that if you had clear skin as a child, then there's no reason why you could not be having clear skin now.
Stress is what breaks these weak links.
Other people might be be having emotional issues also, but they're not genetically predisposed to getting acne , so with them it manifestst as some other disease.

I'm saying this to everybody here who has no other health problems, and has tried everything to get rid of acne but nothing has worked for them; the reason why nothing works for you is because your acne is not caused by anything physical, it's all mental and emotional.

Feel your body, feel your emotions, feel your heartbeat, be aware of your breathing, and you'll probably find out that you are very stressed out!
What you really need is to chill out and relax, accept yourself as you are right now.

This is all very hard to explain if you don't know HOW to relax and accept.

I would strongly urge you to read the book "a new earth" by Eckhart tolle (which can easily be downloaded in .pdf by using google), or just do some research online about what he calls "the pain body". (by the way I bought the book even after downloading it because it's worth the money).

I believe that what he calls "the pain body" is the cause for chronic acne, just google it and try to apply what he teaches and you'll find out for yourself.
I have been suffering from acne from the age of 14 to the age of 30, that's more than half of my life! And this has been the only solution for me, I've not felt and looked this good since I was 14 years old!
I must add that I've also been working out in the gym alot lately and I recommend people to try to exercize at least 3 to 4 times a week because I believe rigid exersize speeds up the healing process. But working out alone is not a cure because I've been working out for years, the change only started to happen after I learned how to deal with my emotions.

I'm 100% certain that the cause for my moderate to severe acne was supressed emotions and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one!

This is my first and my only post on this board, and I decided to post this because reading this board has been a part of my awakening process and this is my way of giving back to those who are ready for it.

I do realize that most people probably won't be ready for this kind of information and that's fine, If just one person is helped by this post , then it was worth it!

Also I'm from the Netherlands, so English is not my first language so forgive me if my English or my writing style are not top notch.

I have not posted any pictures and I'm not planning on doing so because of privacy reasons, but I can guarantee you that everything I've posted here is true.
I'm not selling anything so what would be the purpose of being dishonest to you?
All you have to do is research and apply what I've posted here and you'll find out for yourself if it's true for you, I'm just here to help out those who want to be helped.

I welcome all people who are interested in this topic to participate in this discussion, and I will try to answer any questions every now and then (I'm not online a lot these days because of limited spare time).

Thanks for reading this, may peace be upon you!

#2 Clare M.

Clare M.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 August 2011 - 11:30 AM

Hmm, well your reasoning sort of hits a wall just like all the other possible justifications - there are plenty of emotionally stressed people who have clear skin. I'm not trying to insult you or anything; I just feel there might be some flaws in your reasoning.

Have you ever considered that certain people are simply genetically more sensitive to the acne bacteria that lives on skin? Or, for people with acne, the pores do not shed properly, leaving it blocked, clogged, and sticky. People without acne typically don't have this problem. I think a lot of why we have acne is in large part due to our genetic makeup. How are pores shed, how sticky they are, our parents having acne, sensitivity to the P. acnes bacteria or hormones, etc., - all are determined by genetics.

Have you ever considered doing a round of Accutane to finally get rid of your acne? I mean, you're in your 30s, you shouldn't have to deal with acne any longer.

#3 aquasea

aquasea

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 14 August 2011 - 10:05 PM

Hi Urban Monk smile.gif

Thanks for your post.

I agree with you on this: "Other people might be be having emotional issues also, but they're not genetically predisposed to getting acne , so with them it manifestst as some other disease."

Yes, there is a body/ mind connection. Stress can lead to disease if not channeled constructively. However, the major cause of acne is a bad diet and lack of exercise for people that are sensitive to toxins, have a leaky gut or shed toxins through their skin. Hormones play a role too but can be managed through good nutrition.

Essentially, meat, dairy, junk foods and flouride in toothpaste and tap water cause acne. You need to eat a highly nutritious, mostly raw organic vegan diet with lots of raw fruits, raw nuts and raw vegetables. Stay away from toxic junk foods and sodas and drink natural spring water. You also need to do daily or frequent exercise (to sweat out the toxins) and get a good dose of sunlight daily (i.e 1hr) without sunscreen. And stay away from chemical acne products COMPLETELY. Just use pure water, sea-salt every now and again to wash your hair, face and body. And sometimes don't do anything: i.e. don't wash your skin/ face for a few days and don't apply anything to it. Let your skin heal naturally. Also, light natural oils can be beneficial if used sparingly i.e. as a weekly face mask then wash off, nightly face mask then wash off or leave a light film on your skin daily, depending on your skin condition and needs.

Cheers,
AS smile.gif

Edited by aquasea, 15 August 2011 - 12:23 AM.

#4 mycure

mycure

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 August 2011 - 04:49 PM

I really think this is the cure for me. Just recently I tried not looking in mirrors for a few days and forgetting about my skin... it improved dramatically. For some reason I decided I needed to look in the mirror again, and even though my face was looking great I found one little pimple, started stressing about it, I went back to my negative thoughts, and now I'm dealing with consistent breakouts again.

I think when people read Urban Monk's post, they will know instantly if they fit into the same category and could potentially cure their acne mentally.

For the people that think it's a load of shit, you ovbiously can't relate to what he's said, so it's fair to say that the way you think is probably not causing your acne.

Also, I think part of the reason a lot of people have success with the water only/no water caveman regimens is because of the change of mental state, not worrying about your skin anymore.

I'm off to read 'a new earth'

Edited by mycure, 15 August 2011 - 04:53 PM.

#5 DaftFrost

DaftFrost

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 February 2012 - 06:18 PM

I have to bump this post!

People out there! If you just ignore this you are ignoring the chance of having a clear skin.

I am glad I found this post, thing is what all he said is correct!

Its PROVEN by quantum physics, law of attraction, spiritual energy, chakra...

What the basic idea is "What you think, is what your reality is". If you are keep on worrying about how bad you look, that means you are focusing on how bad you look, you are affirming that you look bad. Therefore according tot he Law of Attraction, you get more of what you are focusing on, which is acne.

Even according to Buddhism, acceptance is one of the highest form of emotion, judgement being the opposite. There are even people who have grown taller, healed cancer with this. All it takes is a strong mental power.

If you think this is bullcrap, then you are so stuck to this fact based reality, which really is not what we thought it was. Theres a lot more I could say.

Here is a proof of a real person using the law:

http://thesecret.tv/...d.html?id=16428

#6 AutonomousOne1980

AutonomousOne1980

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 February 2012 - 07:23 PM

you may in fact experianced an improvement in your skin from this mental/spiritual experiance, emotions do have an effect on the body, but i dont think you are cured from this alone, you immune system may have simply had a boost. but just because the mind has an effect on strengthening the immune system, doesnt mean it absolutly has total control over its functions, everything about the functioning of your body is not effected soley by the thoughts you think, but parts of it might be influenced by it that is for sure.

my own opinions on disease is mainly the interactions of bacteria with our immune systems, we are either primed and prepared to handle the bacteria we come in contact with, and they do not persist in the body, or we are not prepared and they stay with us causing chronic disease. and who gets what depends on many factors, like the chance you came in contact with that certain bacteria, and the diet you have, and also stress and genetics as well.

#7 OPeggyGordon

OPeggyGordon

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 10
About Me

Posted 26 February 2012 - 07:51 PM

very interesting post here... this sounds a bit outlandish to most of us 'westernised" folk...come to think of it, I definately have 'unresolved mental/emotional stress". You dont know the half of it!Posted Image
I dont see why not give this idea a go, I mean it certainly cant hurt us an, if nothing else it could help to cope with stress and perhaps not CARE as much if we have acne. I know for me, the emotional stress is much more severe than the physical spots.
I know speakin personally, Ive never felt "good enough" whether or not I have spots or not. An thats just no way to livePosted Image

#8 AutonomousOne1980

AutonomousOne1980

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 February 2012 - 12:42 AM

ive considered health being 100% emotions, but thats impossible, too many other factors. people who are generally sick have inflammation,many itmes from bacterial infections and the gut bacteria which depletes iron, which impede the production of melatonin and that is one major way that sickness effects the mind, not the other way around. read about hepcidin and iron homeostasis. basically depression is the beginning of many disease states. there are many other pathways that sickness effects the functioning of the mind, and not the other way around as you suggest, although i do know of many studies performing stress experiments that do lead to some health problems as well.

#9 RedPatrick

RedPatrick

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 February 2012 - 06:42 AM

Fail.

Post hoc ergo propter hoc

#10 AutonomousOne1980

AutonomousOne1980

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:35 AM

ive considered health being 100% emotions, but thats impossible, too many other factors. people who are generally sick have inflammation,many itmes from bacterial infections and the gut bacteria which depletes iron, which impede the production of melatonin and that is one major way that sickness effects the mind, not the other way around. read about hepcidin and iron homeostasis. basically depression is the beginning of many disease states. there are many other pathways that sickness effects the functioning of the mind, and not the other way around as you suggest, although i do know of many studies performing stress experiments that do lead to some health problems as well.

this is strange im quoting myself! but i want to add more, since reading this thread it has made me think about this some more, as i see many diseases as a relationship between our resistance to bacterial infection. i may have previously stated the cause is the bacteria itself creating the "stress" and proposed a way that might come about, but the reverse might also be true, the stress allows the bacteria to persist as the body makes the utmost changes to try and eradicate that pathogen, such as, lowering iron leading to anemia/low energy/depression etc. as i recall some times of massive increases in energy in my own life, i can identify purely psychological causes, with little dietary influence, but teh revesre is also true, diet can influence your energy as well, so this is some strange paradoxal thing happening here, which one is causing teh other, well, they both and all are at the same time, it sort of takes two to tango so to speak, teh bacteria with the suseptability, and blamo, fatigue burnout and eventually cancer or autoimmune disease. throw in some bad diet for good measure and you are on your way to death.

the one thing that comes to mind is the existence of the glucocortoid receptor on many different cells, this is activated by cortisol which is made in the adrenal glands that the release of can be influenced by crh release of acth, which all occurs in the brain, now we can delve into the purely psychological factors. remarkably, the begiinning of all this stress response stuff begins at a part of the brain where the optical nerve is fed, i cannot remember the section of the brian, but basically, it becomes a visual cue sort of thing, and environmental/psychological thing.

so even though i know of the existing theoretical scientific basis for all this seems to exist, and i agree it all plays a role, i cannot tell precisely how much of a role it actually plays, it might be bigger then diet.

also, intestinal permeability is also been proven to be solely influenced by stress, in experiments where mice have been exposed to stress, intestinal permeability can be reversed 100% when the animals undergo adrenalectomy, which makes it impossible to make stress hormones. obviously there could be some doubt by hardcore empiricists by saying, well that is a rat, and not a human, so some doubt remains, but there are ethical limitations to doing the most real science, we simply cant go chopping up humans to fulfill our scientific needs for absolute certainty, we may have to make a small leap of faith on this one. science is the best method, up to a certain point.

i was originally very involved with the psychological aspect of health, which lead to my name on this site, autonomous. my theory was people who didnt feel free, were unhealthy, people who were in oppressive environments were prone to acne skin, hair and digestive issues. so to be autonomous, is to be psychologically as free as possible, as you are self governing, making your own decisions with very few social consequences, essentially, being very attuned to people who are manipulative and controlling, and realizing that thats what they are doing, even though,in your own mind may see it as being something completly different, you essentially, arent able to interpet that meaning from a given set of observations. free to be yourself, who you truly are and not ashamed. people can try to control you by making you feel as thought there is something wrong with you or that you are a bad person, and this perception of yourself may go unchallenged by yourself due to the authority you have given or assumed that certain person has(the power of parents), or the validation you think they can give you, if you then try to compensate for this percieved lack in yourself, trying to make up for that illusive lacking, but consider that they are the ones who are wrong. we may find ourselves in in social circles that will just never work for our natural selves, because the rules may be set up for us to fail, you will try an adapt to these rules, but you dont realize you are chasing a carrot on a stick, you will never get there, this, is chronic stress. and it may have everything to do with survival, because when was the last time you have NOT had to be accepted my a social group to have your survival needs met?

No man is an island entire of itself; every man
is a piece of the continent, a part of the main;
if a clod be washed away by the sea, Europe
is the less, as well as if a promontory were, as
well as a manor of thy friends or of thine
own were; any man's death diminishes me,
because I am involved in mankind.
And therefore never send to know for whom
the bell tolls; it tolls for thee.

John Donne

Edited by AutonomousOne1980, 27 February 2012 - 12:05 PM.

#11 AutonomousOne1980

AutonomousOne1980

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:59 AM

this is strange im quoting myself! but i want to add more, since reading this thread it has made me think about this some more, as i see many diseases as a relationship between our resistance to bacterial infection. i may have previously stated the cause is the bacteria itself creating the "stress" and proposed a way that might come about, but the reverse might also be true, the stress allows the bacteria to persist as the body makes the utmost changes to try and eradicate that pathogen, such as, lowering iron leading to anemia/low energy/depression etc. as i recall some times of massive increases in energy in my own life, i can identify purely psychological causes, with little dietary influence, but teh revesre is also true, diet can influence your energy as well, so this is some strange paradoxal thing happening here, which one is causing teh other, well, they both and all are at the same time, it sort of takes two to tango so to speak, teh bacteria with the suseptability, and blamo, fatigue burnout and eventually cancer or autoimmune disease. throw in some bad diet for good measure and you are on your way to death.

the one thing that comes to mind is the existence of the glucocortoid receptor on many different cells, this is activated by cortisol which is made in the adrenal glands that the release of can be influenced by crh release of acth, which all occurs in the brain, now we can delve into the purely psychological factors. remarkably, the begiinning of all this stress response stuff begins at a part of the brain where the optical nerve is fed, i cannot remember the section of the brian, but basically, it becomes a visual cue sort of thing, and environmental/psychological thing.

so even though i know of the existing theoretical scientific basis for all this seems to exist, and i agree it all plays a role, i cannot tell precisely how much of a role it actually plays, it might be bigger then diet.

also, intestinal permeability is also been proven to be solely influenced by stress, in experiments where mice have been exposed to stress, intestinal permeability can be reversed 100% when the animals undergo adrenalectomy, which makes it impossible to make stress hormones. obviously there could be some doubt by hardcore empiricists by saying, well that is a rat, and not a human, so some doubt remains, but there are ethical limitations to doing the most real science, we simply cant go chopping up humans to fulfill our scientific needs for absolute certainty, we may have to make a small leap of faith on this one. science is the best method, up to a certain point.

i was originally very involved with the psychological aspect of health, which lead to my name on this site, autonomous. my theory was people who didnt feel free, were unhealthy, people who were in oppressive environments were prone to acne skin, hair and digestive issues. so to be autonomous, is to be psychologically as free as possible, as you are self governing, making your own decisions with very few social consequences, essentially, being very attuned to people who are manipulative and controlling, and realizing that thats what they are doing, even though,in your own mind may see it as being something completly different, you essentially, arent able to interpet that meaning from a given set of observations. free to be yourself, who you truly are and not ashamed. people can try to control you by making you feel as thought there is something wrong with you or that you are a bad person, and this perception of yourself may go unchallenged by yourself due to the authority you have given or assumed that certain person has(the power of parents), or the validation you think they can give you, if you then try to compensate for this percieved lack in yourself, trying to make up for that illusive lacking, but consider that they are the ones who are wrong. we may find ourselves in in social circles that will just never work for our natural selves, because the rules may be set up for us to fail, you will try an adapt to these rules, but you dont realize you are chasing a carrot on a stick, you will never get there, this, is chronic stress. we need more then food to live, we need to be acknowleged and belong to a social group, and be appreciated and loved. on top of all that, when was the last time you didnt need some degree of social acceptance to get your survival needs met? no man is an island.

here is a really long scientific article that will probably bore you http://www.ncbi.nlm....les/PMC1361287/

ok im going to add more to this crazy post, and what about your friends? are they obstructionists to your advancement?trying to oppress you in subtle ways? otherwise referred to as, haters? is the very cause of western diseases the result of westernized life itself? where our our overspecialized roles have complicated getting our needs met too much contributing to chronic stress? perhaps it was the advancement of technology and the growing jobs needed to support that technology that contributes to these strange phenomenon unknown be other less evolved societys. i can only be reminded to the unabomber and professor ted kaczynski's message and aims, but he was too extreme.

thats the end of my crazy post.

Edited by AutonomousOne1980, 27 February 2012 - 12:48 PM.

#12 mwf117

mwf117

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:50 AM

We are the runts of the litter, we must just accept it and hope for a shorter life.

#13 whoartthou1

whoartthou1

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:24 AM

The problem with something like this, I believe, is that people like myself (who have DEEP emotional issues) particurlarly because of acne and skin problems, you have to dig very deep to just accept how things currently are. You cannot just tell yourself "I am okay with what I am." YOU HAVE TO TRULY BELIEVE IT. This is where i believe I fail at the most. I am trying my best to do so.

#14 JO1N

JO1N

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 February 2013 - 02:03 PM

I agree with the OP. I think I tried something like this back in high school and it worked.  I was usually always moody and full of negative energy because of acne. I decided to try to be happier and accept myself for who I am and just look at the bright side. My skin cleared up drastically. But it just never occured to me that this was the solution because at the time I was experimenting with many other things as well. I then went to college and got stressed out and the negative energy returned. Also, taking accutane probably didn't help. I got off accutane after a month because of the side effects. Accutane probably caused me to be depressed and negative all the time. I am going to try this again and see if it helps my acne. I will come back to update on my skin. Also, thanks OP.

#15 RJT623

RJT623

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 March 2013 - 07:32 PM

For me, acne is a multi-faceted ailment triggered by lots of factors. I do know that when I try to forget about it and accept it, that it seems to improve...definitely have to focus on the power of positive thinking :)

#16 hedgecore

hedgecore

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me

Posted 09 March 2013 - 05:14 PM

i notice my acne broke out because i was nervous about this very pretty girl i liked.....i also think its mostly in the mind ..
i used to go weeks without showering and never broke out..but i would plan to meet with this girl ahead of time and i would break out like crazy ...then i asked her out..i got denied now its gotten way bad....no i dont even really care and it seems its getting better.....

#17 CrazyIceCream

CrazyIceCream

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 March 2013 - 08:05 PM

Hmm...maybe this is one of the reasons...I notice that I don't breathe that deeply.

I should try to breathe deeply for at least 5 minutes a day & maybe smile

can't hurt to try and be happycool.png

Edited by CrazyIceCream, 09 March 2013 - 08:05 PM.