Photo

How do I start taking zinc correctly?

vitamin vitamins zinc

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
22 replies to this topic

#21 Cyberpile

Cyberpile

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:43 PM

Men need about 12 mg of elemental zinc per day. However, If you're taking 60 mg of zinc gluconate a day then you're only getting 8.4 mg of elemental zinc.

Bullshit. They give you the amount of elemental zinc in the pills so it's "15mg zinc from zinc gluconate" and that means 15mg elemental zinc.

I never mentioned anything about zinc supplement labels. I was just making sure everybody understood the difference. The study I read states an effective dose to treat inflammatory acne is 200 mg of zinc gluconate per day which seemed like too much until i read it corresponds to only 30 mg of elemental zinc.

#22 royalty

royalty

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:32 AM

Men need about 12 mg of elemental zinc per day. However, If you're taking 60 mg of zinc gluconate a day then you're only getting 8.4 mg of elemental zinc.

Bullshit. They give you the amount of elemental zinc in the pills so it's "15mg zinc from zinc gluconate" and that means 15mg elemental zinc.

I never mentioned anything about zinc supplement labels. I was just making sure everybody understood the difference. The study I read states an effective dose to treat inflammatory acne is 200 mg of zinc gluconate per day which seemed like too much until i read it corresponds to only 30 mg of elemental zinc.

Stop fighting all i tried to make you understand is that too much zink can actully have the opposite reaction, so just take a supplement and make sure that you get what you need for the day (12mg) and just eat alot of foods with zinc, like pumpkin seeds! Going crazy on any supplement is stupid, just make sure you get what you need.

#23 aanabill

aanabill

Sad has made me value happy!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 17 May 2013 - 03:51 AM

15-20mg of ELEMENTAL zinc if enough i suppose.

u get some amount from ur food as well if u have a healthy diet.