1 reply to this topic

#1 DukeBlueDevils

DukeBlueDevils

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 12 August 2011 - 12:27 PM

Yesterday, I went to the Derm to get 4 Cortisone shots for the 4 papules on my chin that NEVER go away. The Cortisone shot was last resort since nothing else worked for them. Well, it's almost been 24 hours, and nothing has happened. No reduction in size, just nothing. The lady there said they would get REAL small and be barely noticeable in 24-48 hours. I highly doubt that is going to happen if after 22 hrs, they haven't did anything. Why is it, that people with fucking CYSTS, can go get a cortisone shot and have their shit go away, but when I get a cortisone shot for papules (nowhere near as bad as cysts), they don't go away. Once again, this is just a example of how my acne never goes away and that God hates me...but it's okay. Because I hate God right back.

I'm 18, male, if your wondering.

Edited by Kody_R_F, 12 August 2011 - 12:40 PM.

#2 girl11

girl11

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 August 2011 - 02:51 PM

Give it time...cortisone shots work long after they're injected. Last year, I got one, and two weeks later, my skin formed an indent (though it did end up filling back in). You think it's done its job, but it's still working. They probably had to make sure to use a little and not too much, so you wouldn't get the temporary indent that lasts for a couple months.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users