Photo

DO NOT drink COKE or ANY FIZZY drinks!!!!!!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
92 replies to this topic

#81 DipItLow

DipItLow

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 September 2004 - 04:58 PM

I hate coke and "fizzy drinks" I have stopped drinking them when I was 14 im now 18. I still get very tired even though I eat a high protein diet with TRUCK LOADS of water. I also lift weights and run but yet all this healthy shit and I get very tired maybe I need a break from work bb_eusa_think.gif bb_eusa_doh.gif

#82 SteveBrown

SteveBrown

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 September 2004 - 07:19 PM

The average 12-ounce (360 mL) can of soda pop contains about 40 grams of refined sugars. That's equivalent to 10 teaspoons sugar. Would you dissolve 10 teaspoons of sugar in a glass of water and drink it? If you do, you're asking for trouble.

A healthy fizzy drink is seltzer with lemon juice. I usually enjoy one about an hour after a meal. The citric acid in the lemon juice has an alkalizing effect (paradoxically) on blood pH, and the bicarbonate ions aid digestion in the duodenum.

#83 Frances The Mute

Frances The Mute

Misanthropic Nihilist

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me

Posted 14 September 2004 - 10:21 AM

since i stopped drinking pop and eating candy + chocolate and anythying else really high in sugar content, I have not gotten 1 major zit yet like i used to (its been about 2 weeks). How about that ?
give a man a key he cannot not open the door, give him something free and he'll resell it to the poor (c'est la vie)

#84 MDawg

MDawg

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 September 2004 - 10:59 AM

I registered primarily so I could respond to this, because I speak from experience. My favorite drink is Pepsi (surprisingly hard to come by when your university campus is Coke's bitch, but still).

More than anything else, the negative effects of Pepsi I've experienced come from the caffeine. Caffeine is a diruetic, which means it pulls water out of your system. It's dehydrating. Your body NEEDS water to function properly and skin cells need water to stay smooth. Otherwise, your skin dries up, flakes off, and your sebaceous glands pump out more oil to compensate for the lost protective layer. Hence, more clogged pores and more acne.

There's also the sleep factor -- skin repairs itself at night, so it can't properly take care of itself if you're not sleeping (i.e. revved up and awake from the caffeine).

I say this with experience, because every time I eschew water for caffeinated drinks my skin goes to hell. About two weeks after switching back to water, my skin's clearer and calmer. It does require consistency, however, for it to work.

Advice for staying awake? Drink water -- a big cause of afternoon fatigue is dehydration. Or eat an apple -- studies have shown they are more effective than Coke/Pepsi/etc at keeping you bright-eyed.

#85 kel

kel

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 September 2004 - 11:54 AM

it does seem from what lots of people are saying that there are all different types of things we are all breaking out from,dairy,gluten,soda,ext ext.

it seems like if we eat a diet as close to nature as it intended ,no sugar,no fat,no ready meals ext,we may see improvment ,BUR=T HOW HARD IS THAT!!!!! well hard i tried it for like a day and i missed choclate,cheese!!! amn it was well hard
living in uk

currently- olay senstive wipes
2.5% panoxyl gel
olay sp15 senstive

(mild persistant acne for last 12 Years
2014-currently doing not very much as no 2.5% bp!

regimnen-going well 1 yr on
duac 2nd time-skin must of got used too this due to antibiotic,as this stuff was great!
dermalogica
duac gel-clear for 6 months
1X roaccutane again
came of pill
food elimination-diet is not a factor in my acne
1x roaccutane again-doctor felt not a long enough dose before
2x retin a
1x roaccutane
1x DKR-gave up after a week-severe redness
chinese meds
regimen-stopped due to severe redness

#86 acnehater

acnehater

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 September 2004 - 12:05 PM

Well...I drink 2 Diet Cokes a day and live a charmed life. So I dunno about your theories.

I'm just sayin', is all... bb_eusa_whistle.gif

#87 evigrex

evigrex

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 September 2004 - 06:18 PM

HMM I wonder what happened to blahblahblah. bb_neutral.gif
before you judge me take a look at you
can't you find something better to do
point the finger, slow to understand
arrogance and ignorance go hand in hand

- Metallica, "holier than thou"

#88 Guest_Tracy_*

Guest_Tracy_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3

Posted 14 September 2004 - 06:56 PM

QUOTE (evigrex @ Sep 14 2004, 05:05 PM)
HMM I wonder what happened to blahblahblah. bb_neutral.gif

I was thinkin the same thing. bb_eusa_think.gif

#89 BenKweller

BenKweller

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 September 2004 - 07:58 PM

"Nature" definitely intended for us to eat sugar and fat. Think twice.

#90 Frances The Mute

Frances The Mute

Misanthropic Nihilist

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 September 2004 - 12:56 AM

i can eat dairy all i want and it doesnt break me out... other people say it does for them
I cant eat sugar cause it breaks me out, but it doesnt break other people out

its difrent depending on your body chemistry i guess
give a man a key he cannot not open the door, give him something free and he'll resell it to the poor (c'est la vie)

#91 SteveBrown

SteveBrown

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 September 2004 - 01:19 AM

A main component of milk is lactose, a sugar. Food for thought. Cheese is basically whole milk (fat and protein), with most of the lactose removed.

#92 kel

kel

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 September 2004 - 08:41 AM

i PERSONALY think fat is not natural-good fats ie seeds nuts ext are,bas fats are not natural,milk,cheese ext,and sugar fructose from fruit is natural but white sugar you put in teaa ext is not the body does not need this.

this is just my opinion of course.

sugar makes me break out-artifical sugar that is and fixxy drinks-aspartame.

dairy does to,i find most people's bodies react to mi8lk one way or another,and although i do sometimes have it it doesnt agreee with me at all,after all it was designed for a calf,just a thought not trying any aniamal rights thing here!
living in uk

currently- olay senstive wipes
2.5% panoxyl gel
olay sp15 senstive

(mild persistant acne for last 12 Years
2014-currently doing not very much as no 2.5% bp!

regimnen-going well 1 yr on
duac 2nd time-skin must of got used too this due to antibiotic,as this stuff was great!
dermalogica
duac gel-clear for 6 months
1X roaccutane again
came of pill
food elimination-diet is not a factor in my acne
1x roaccutane again-doctor felt not a long enough dose before
2x retin a
1x roaccutane
1x DKR-gave up after a week-severe redness
chinese meds
regimen-stopped due to severe redness

#93 serrelind

serrelind

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 September 2004 - 01:38 PM

Hi everyone. I read about half of the posts in this thread. I just want to pass on what I've learned based on my experience. I started lowcarbing a year ago. Being Asian, before the lowcarbing endeavor, I ate A LOT of white rice, which is very high glycemic. My face broke out a lot. I couldn't figure out why. I thought it was due to the fact I was eating spicy food (I love spicy food). At any rate, so when I switched to a diet of food that doesn't cause an insulin spike (mainly stick to natural wholesome food like veggies, fruits, and meat) to help me shed a few pounds, I noticed my skin started getting loads better. I also joined a support forum for lowcarb and saw that other people have noticed that that their skin was clearing up too. Lately, I've begun to eat more processed food, and as a result, I'm not surprised to see my skin breaking out like crazy.

So based on my experience and what I've seen, it appears that sugar and processed food plays a huge role in spiking insulin and causing acne. Stick to natural food that doesn't have a lot of sugar!!

And if you'd like to read more about the role of insulin, I would highly suggest Dr. Schwarzbein's The Schwarzbein's Principle (http://www.amazon.co...onDate&n=283155). She explains very well how/why processed food/sugar is so bad for our bodies.

smile.gif