Photo

DO NOT drink COKE or ANY FIZZY drinks!!!!!!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
92 replies to this topic

#21 Ryan Valmont

Ryan Valmont

The Rated R Superstar

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 4
About Me

Posted 05 September 2004 - 08:50 AM

QUOTE (BomberMan @ Sep 4 2004, 03:30 PM)
Yeah i know what your getting at.......
but its more concentration related than how well your ears are functioning.
when drinking water instead of coke i'm more "switched on" thus responding to my enviroment more efficiently be it the things i hear/see/feel....whatever, the senses are generally sharper.

I think you might have hit the nail on the head of what i was getting at...thankyou!
Life is all about living!

#22 evigrex

evigrex

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 September 2004 - 12:43 PM

uhh, well.....I think its obvious that anything with high amounts of sugar will cause sleepiness afterwards. Large amounts of sugar will cause hyperglycemia followed by rebound low blood glucose, which causes mental and physical fatigue.

There is no proof or logical explanation that it causes acne, but will it cause fatigue? Absolutely.
before you judge me take a look at you
can't you find something better to do
point the finger, slow to understand
arrogance and ignorance go hand in hand

- Metallica, "holier than thou"

#23 BenKweller

BenKweller

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 September 2004 - 12:47 PM

But the issue is that it's not specific to soda. Just because people don't realize that 2 soda's equates to 26 spoonfuls of sugar doesn't mean the evil corporations are trying to kill them.

#24 evigrex

evigrex

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 September 2004 - 12:48 PM

How much sugar does a bottle of non-diet soda contain? I usually drink diet not because I need to, but I generally like the taste of diet sodas better.

#25 blackbirdbeatle

blackbirdbeatle

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 September 2004 - 12:59 PM

Diet sodas usually have no sugar or so little that you could drink 50 and you still wouldn't get as much sugar as one regular cola. However, the tradeoff is that you have to drink the evil aspertame instead of the sugar.

#26 Ryan Valmont

Ryan Valmont

The Rated R Superstar

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 September 2004 - 01:17 PM

Sorry to ask...but when you say "sodas" are you referring to all drinks that are fizzy or whatever?.

It's not a word the English use very much, and just wanted to know if this is what it means?.

Not that i'm taking the mick or anything of a kind...just intrested.

also..maybe fizzy drinks don't CAUSE acne,but i would think they'de contribute to it somewhere along the line what with all the chemicals they add to it and everything?.

#27 Jimmy

Jimmy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 September 2004 - 01:28 PM

Let me just add this. I loaded up on creatine for its loading phase, and it required 4 scoops of Creatine a day. one scoop has 33 grams of sugar. A 20 oz. coke has about 50 oz. of sugar. A lot of people have atleast 33 grams of sugar a day. But I needed to take 4X33oz. of Creatine. During the 5 day span, my face seemed ok. I always had headaches, stomach aches, and wasn't energized like i'm supposed to be. After the 5 days, 3 days later my face broke out SEVERLY. Like 25-30 spots on my jawline and neck area. I couldn't believe it.

I stopped Creatine immediately and my face began to clear up. Headaches gone, tiredness gone.

Sugar is your own worst enemy. Sometimes people forget that you are only supposed to have around 20-30 grams of sugar a DAY, if that. one coke, 20 oz. , is more than that.

I guess I have to disagree with one of my earlier posts. Cokes are bad. Mainly the sugars. Add that with the carbonated water, and its just a total mess.

Thinking back now, about the creatine, I should totally give up cokes, which im gonna start today, and im let you know how my progress is doing.

#28 Guest_Captain Chaos_*

Guest_Captain Chaos_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 05 September 2004 - 01:47 PM

Sugar/Caffiene fizzy drinks will rob your energy, the reason you can't concentrate well is because you get low points when the effects wear off, so you have to drink more of them to bring back up to the effects....

It's the same effect smoking has on you, when the effect of the nicotine wears off your body is crying out for its next hit, thats why people say they experience 'stress relieved' moods after they smoked, simply for the fact the next 'fix' has taken away the bodies urge for a short time...this is the same with sugar...it really does you no good at all...

The reason the concentration comes back after a week or so is because your body is no longer crying out for these hits of sugar/caffiene.

Say what you will but this is all true.

#29 evigrex

evigrex

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 September 2004 - 02:09 PM

QUOTE (blackbirdbeatle @ Sep 5 2004, 11:46 AM)
Diet sodas usually have no sugar or so little that you could drink 50 and you still wouldn't get as much sugar as one regular cola. However, the tradeoff is that you have to drink the evil aspertame instead of the sugar.

SO HOW MUCH SUGAR DOES REGULAR SODA HAV#E IS WHAT IM ASKING

#30 evigrex

evigrex

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 September 2004 - 02:13 PM

QUOTE (Jimmy @ Sep 5 2004, 12:15 PM)
Let me just add this. I loaded up on creatine for its loading phase, and it required 4 scoops of Creatine a day. one scoop has 33 grams of sugar. A 20 oz. coke has about 50 oz. of sugar. A lot of people have atleast 33 grams of sugar a day. But I needed to take 4X33oz. of Creatine. During the 5 day span, my face seemed ok. I always had headaches, stomach aches, and wasn't energized like i'm supposed to be. After the 5 days, 3 days later my face broke out SEVERLY. Like 25-30 spots on my jawline and neck area. I couldn't believe it.

I stopped Creatine immediately and my face began to clear up. Headaches gone, tiredness gone.

Sugar is your own worst enemy. Sometimes people forget that you are only supposed to have around 20-30 grams of sugar a DAY, if that. one coke, 20 oz. , is more than that.

I guess I have to disagree with one of my earlier posts. Cokes are bad. Mainly the sugars. Add that with the carbonated water, and its just a total mess.

Thinking back now, about the creatine, I should totally give up cokes, which im gonna start today, and im let you know how my progress is doing.

Pure creatine monohydrate does not contain sugar - sounds like you got a creatine saturation product that includes various additives to increase muscle uptake of creatine. Now there are some brands of creatine that have pro-hormones included but not listed on the label, that could possibly explain the acne.

But sugar itself causing acne - is absurd. There is no evidence that sugar will increase sebum production - actually, there are studies done showing the contrary. No difference.

But what doesn't cause acne these days..I think i've heard it all on this forum

#31 Ryan Valmont

Ryan Valmont

The Rated R Superstar

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me

Posted 05 September 2004 - 02:28 PM

QUOTE (evigrex @ Sep 5 2004, 01:00 PM)
QUOTE (Jimmy @ Sep 5 2004, 12:15 PM)

Pure creatine monohydrate does not contain sugar - sounds like you got a creatine saturation product that includes various additives to increase muscle uptake of creatine. Now there are some brands of creatine that have pro-hormones included but not listed on the label, that could possibly explain the acne.

But sugar itself causing acne - is absurd. There is no evidence that sugar will increase sebum production - actually, there are studies done showing the contrary. No difference.

But what doesn't cause acne these days..I think i've heard it all on this forum

I KNOW sugar ITSELF doesn't cause acne..but the effects of large ammount of sugar in the body creats problems tiredness/concentration and everything else.

That CAN HAVE AN EFFECT ON YOUR ACNE...should you be tired all the time and having to sleep all the time aswell as feeling basically dead.

i think that drinking fizzy drinks will lead you to experience side effects that will in turn not help your skin.

#32 Frances The Mute

Frances The Mute

Misanthropic Nihilist

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 September 2004 - 02:29 PM

i am almost positive that excessive amounts of sugar break me out, POSITIVE
give a man a key he cannot not open the door, give him something free and he'll resell it to the poor (c'est la vie)

#33 Ryan Valmont

Ryan Valmont

The Rated R Superstar

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 September 2004 - 02:42 PM

QUOTE (HendrixIsGod @ Sep 5 2004, 01:16 PM)
i am almost positive that excessive amounts of sugar break me out, POSITIVE

now this is what i'm talking about,you don't need science to tell us otherwise when we have people like me and you SAYING that sugar is a problem for them.

Now maybe sugar itself isn't directly to blame?,but the side effect associated with large ammount of the stuff?.

#34 evigrex

evigrex

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 September 2004 - 05:08 PM

So being tired causes acne. Just when I thought I heard it all, this comes along...

#35 blackbirdbeatle

blackbirdbeatle

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 September 2004 - 05:29 PM

I already said how much sugar is in an average soda. 3tablespoons. It's less for citrus drinks and more for colas.

And, yes sugar does cause acne through insulin, hormones, etc...in some people. Look at some of sweetjades sticky's. The scientific link is there. Excess sugar doesn't directly cause acne but it causes a chain of events that does.

However if you can somehow regulate the flow of oil or skin shedding or the inflammation response(some people naturaly do this as is evident when they have a cold and show no symptoms), than you could eat or do whatever you wanted(in relation to acne but it would wreck the rest of your body).

#36 Baby_Doll213

Baby_Doll213

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 September 2004 - 05:37 PM

I don't drink them anyways.

#37 evigrex

evigrex

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 September 2004 - 06:00 PM

QUOTE (blackbirdbeatle @ Sep 5 2004, 04:16 PM)
I already said how much sugar is in an average soda. 3tablespoons. It's less for citrus drinks and more for colas.

And, yes sugar does cause acne through insulin, hormones, etc...in some people. Look at some of sweetjades sticky's. The scientific link is there. Excess sugar doesn't directly cause acne but it causes a chain of events that does.

However if you can somehow regulate the flow of oil or skin shedding or the inflammation response(some people naturaly do this as is evident when they have a cold and show no symptoms), than you could eat or do whatever you wanted(in relation to acne but it would wreck the rest of your body).

What the hell is 3 tablespoons? How many grams?

No disrespect to SJ, but her "evidence" is questionable since she basically stitched a ton of studies together to prove a point. There have been direct studies on whether diet contributes to acne, and they all came up negative. And if there was a direct link between sugar and acne, every damn type 2 diabetic ON THE PLANET would have acne. So do they? NO. If sugar or glucose metabolism disorders caused acne, there would be A DIRECT CORRELATION between having diabetes and having acne.

Sorry,...this is all ridiculous. So far i've seen here that sugar, erections, masturbation, sex, sleeping at the wrong time, and a ton of other shit causes acne. Gimme a damn break.

#38 SweetJade1980

SweetJade1980

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 September 2004 - 10:02 PM

QUOTE (evigrex @ Sep 5 2004, 05:47 PM)

QUOTE (blackbirdbeatle @ Sep 5 2004, 04:16 PM)
I already said how much sugar is in an average soda. 3 tablespoons. It's less for citrus drinks and more for colas.

No disrespect to SJ, but her "evidence" is questionable since she basically stitched a ton of studies together to prove a point.    There have been direct studies on whether diet contributes to acne, and they all came up negative.  And if there was a direct link between sugar and acne, every damn type 2 diabetic ON THE PLANET would have acne.  So do they?  NO.  If sugar or glucose metabolism disorders caused acne, there would be A DIRECT CORRELATION between having diabetes and having acne.

Don't tempt me...I KNOW you are smarter than to say something like that.
These are not steps, but stages some people progress through when going from conventional to holistic medicine. Stage 2 is how I became 99%+ Clear, eliminated my dysmennorhea, significantly reduced my sebum & pore size, etc & is my predominant method.

Stage 1 (Treatment):
* (Daily) Isocare Skin Control Cleanser, Dream Products Customized Natural Face Lotion & Coppertone Sport Spray Sunscreen (mixed)
* (Sporadically) spot treat w/ anti-inflammatory (neosporin, hydrocortisone, salicylic acid) or a skin lightener (post-inflammatory pigmentation) to treat stubborn cystic/nodular acne that appears due to unknowingly or knowingly ingesting a food/ingredient that breaks me out (I do my best to avoid these foods). If you cover treated area w/ a bandaid, it makes product more effective.

Stage 2 (Prevention): "cheapest" method ~ Since Aug. 2002
* Follow a Gluten-Free, Trans-Fat Free, Dairy-Free and No Added Sugar diet for my Insulin Resistance/Hyperandrogenism (Silent Chronic Inflammatory Syndrome)
* Avoid ALL types of nuts and the Genus Prunus (almonds, plums, peaches, nectarines, apricots, cherries), Bananas, Pineapples, Cottonseed oil, Artificial Sweetners.

Stage 3 (Correction):
* 1/18/08 Ultimate Colon Cleanse (30 day program)

Research:
* Developing functional foods for those with acne & other special needs (assuming there's a defficiency).
* Developing good & "safe" formulas for various hormonal issues for women. Correction stage may resolve this for some.

#39 blahblahblah

blahblahblah

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 September 2004 - 10:55 AM

QUOTE (erickaman @ Sep 5 2004, 02:22 AM)
no more bs
do ur research
coke and high sugar food couse a insulin spike
and what u know ,
what goes up must come down
so u may feel energized once u had a coke , a couple hours u will feel tired and u will need another coke, this is all bad for ur health dont drink soda it is poison,
do urself a favore and keeping doing what ur doing
develop cancer , get sick quicker , or change ur diet and be healthy its up to u its ur life

all carbohydates cause the same insulin response

1 cup of oatmeal = 50-54g carbs

50-55g carbs in the form of high gi (dextrose, maltodextrin, etc) will cause the same exact insulin response as oatmeal

the difference? just how fast the insulin response is.

#40 blahblahblah

blahblahblah

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 September 2004 - 10:58 AM

QUOTE (evigrex @ Sep 5 2004, 05:47 PM)
[QUOTE=blackbirdbeatle,Sep 5 2004, 04:16 PM]

Sorry,...this is all ridiculous. So far i've seen here that sugar, erections, masturbation, sex, sleeping at the wrong time, and a ton of other shit causes acne. Gimme a damn break.

agreed.. while i think that diet can have an effect (allergic etc) i read through this board and see people listing out tons, and tons, and tons, and tons of foods that they cant eat.

food is, whether you like it or not, a pleasure of life. it's absolutely mind boggling sad to see 15-16 year olds up in arms about that snickers bar they just ate.