Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ryan Valmont

DO NOT drink COKE or ANY FIZZY drinks!!!!!!

93 posts in this topic

Sorry to ask...but when you say "sodas" are you referring to all drinks that are fizzy or whatever?.

It's not a word the English use very much, and just wanted to know if this is what it means?.

Not that i'm taking the mick or anything of a kind...just intrested.

also..maybe fizzy drinks don't CAUSE acne,but i would think they'de contribute to it somewhere along the line what with all the chemicals they add to it and everything?.

Life is all about living!

Let me just add this. I loaded up on creatine for its loading phase, and it required 4 scoops of Creatine a day. one scoop has 33 grams of sugar. A 20 oz. coke has about 50 oz. of sugar. A lot of people have atleast 33 grams of sugar a day. But I needed to take 4X33oz. of Creatine. During the 5 day span, my face seemed ok. I always had headaches, stomach aches, and wasn't energized like i'm supposed to be. After the 5 days, 3 days later my face broke out SEVERLY. Like 25-30 spots on my jawline and neck area. I couldn't believe it.

I stopped Creatine immediately and my face began to clear up. Headaches gone, tiredness gone.

Sugar is your own worst enemy. Sometimes people forget that you are only supposed to have around 20-30 grams of sugar a DAY, if that. one coke, 20 oz. , is more than that.

I guess I have to disagree with one of my earlier posts. Cokes are bad. Mainly the sugars. Add that with the carbonated water, and its just a total mess.

Thinking back now, about the creatine, I should totally give up cokes, which im gonna start today, and im let you know how my progress is doing.

Sugar/Caffiene fizzy drinks will rob your energy, the reason you can't concentrate well is because you get low points when the effects wear off, so you have to drink more of them to bring back up to the effects....

It's the same effect smoking has on you, when the effect of the nicotine wears off your body is crying out for its next hit, thats why people say they experience 'stress relieved' moods after they smoked, simply for the fact the next 'fix' has taken away the bodies urge for a short time...this is the same with sugar...it really does you no good at all...

The reason the concentration comes back after a week or so is because your body is no longer crying out for these hits of sugar/caffiene.

Say what you will but this is all true.

Diet sodas usually have no sugar or so little that you could drink 50 and you still wouldn't get as much sugar as one regular cola. However, the tradeoff is that you have to drink the evil aspertame instead of the sugar.

before you judge me take a look at you

can't you find something better to do

point the finger, slow to understand

arrogance and ignorance go hand in hand

- Metallica, "holier than thou"

Let me just add this. I loaded up on creatine for its loading phase, and it required 4 scoops of Creatine a day. one scoop has 33 grams of sugar. A 20 oz. coke has about 50 oz. of sugar. A lot of people have atleast 33 grams of sugar a day. But I needed to take 4X33oz. of Creatine. During the 5 day span, my face seemed ok. I always had headaches, stomach aches, and wasn't energized like i'm supposed to be. After the 5 days, 3 days later my face broke out SEVERLY. Like 25-30 spots on my jawline and neck area. I couldn't believe it.

I stopped Creatine immediately and my face began to clear up. Headaches gone, tiredness gone.

Sugar is your own worst enemy. Sometimes people forget that you are only supposed to have around 20-30 grams of sugar a DAY, if that. one coke, 20 oz. , is more than that.

I guess I have to disagree with one of my earlier posts. Cokes are bad. Mainly the sugars. Add that with the carbonated water, and its just a total mess.

Thinking back now, about the creatine, I should totally give up cokes, which im gonna start today, and im let you know how my progress is doing.

Pure creatine monohydrate does not contain sugar - sounds like you got a creatine saturation product that includes various additives to increase muscle uptake of creatine. Now there are some brands of creatine that have pro-hormones included but not listed on the label, that could possibly explain the acne.

But sugar itself causing acne - is absurd. There is no evidence that sugar will increase sebum production - actually, there are studies done showing the contrary. No difference.

But what doesn't cause acne these days..I think i've heard it all on this forum

i am almost positive that excessive amounts of sugar break me out, POSITIVE

give a man a key he cannot not open the door, give him something free and he'll resell it to the poor (c'est la vie)

So being tired causes acne. Just when I thought I heard it all, this comes along...

I already said how much sugar is in an average soda. 3tablespoons. It's less for citrus drinks and more for colas.

And, yes sugar does cause acne through insulin, hormones, etc...in some people. Look at some of sweetjades sticky's. The scientific link is there. Excess sugar doesn't directly cause acne but it causes a chain of events that does.

However if you can somehow regulate the flow of oil or skin shedding or the inflammation response(some people naturaly do this as is evident when they have a cold and show no symptoms), than you could eat or do whatever you wanted(in relation to acne but it would wreck the rest of your body).

I already said how much sugar is in an average soda. 3tablespoons. It's less for citrus drinks and more for colas.

And, yes sugar does cause acne through insulin, hormones, etc...in some people. Look at some of sweetjades sticky's. The scientific link is there. Excess sugar doesn't directly cause acne but it causes a chain of events that does.

However if you can somehow regulate the flow of oil or skin shedding or the inflammation response(some people naturaly do this as is evident when they have a cold and show no symptoms), than you could eat or do whatever you wanted(in relation to acne but it would wreck the rest of your body).

These are not steps, but stages some people progress through when going from conventional to holistic medicine. Stage 2 is how I became 99%+ Clear, eliminated my dysmennorhea, significantly reduced my sebum & pore size, etc & is my predominant method.

Stage 1 (Treatment):

* (Daily) Isocare Skin Control Cleanser, Dream Products Customized Natural Face Lotion & Coppertone Sport Spray Sunscreen (mixed)

* (Sporadically) spot treat w/ anti-inflammatory (neosporin, hydrocortisone, salicylic acid) or a skin lightener (post-inflammatory pigmentation) to treat stubborn cystic/nodular acne that appears due to unknowingly or knowingly ingesting a food/ingredient that breaks me out (I do my best to avoid these foods). If you cover treated area w/ a bandaid, it makes product more effective.

Stage 2 (Prevention): "cheapest" method ~ Since Aug. 2002

* Follow a Gluten-Free, Trans-Fat Free, Dairy-Free and No Added Sugar diet for my Insulin Resistance/Hyperandrogenism (Silent Chronic Inflammatory Syndrome)

* Avoid ALL types of nuts and the Genus Prunus (almonds, plums, peaches, nectarines, apricots, cherries), Bananas, Pineapples, Cottonseed oil, Artificial Sweetners.

Stage 3 (Correction):

* Strengthen/Repair GI - Immune health

Research:

* Developing functional foods for those with acne & other special needs (assuming there's a defficiency).

* Developing good & "safe" formulas for various hormonal issues for women. Correction stage may resolve this for some.

no more bs

do ur research

coke and high sugar food couse a insulin spike

and what u know ,

what goes up must come down

so u may feel energized once u had a coke , a couple hours u will feel tired and u will need another coke, this is all bad for ur health dont drink soda it is poison,

do urself a favore and keeping doing what ur doing

develop cancer , get sick quicker , or change ur diet and be healthy its up to u its ur life

Sorry,...this is all ridiculous. So far i've seen here that sugar, erections, masturbation, sex, sleeping at the wrong time, and a ton of other shit causes acne. Gimme a damn break.

agreed.. while i think that diet can have an effect (allergic etc) i read through this board and see people listing out tons, and tons, and tons, and tons of foods that they cant eat.

food is, whether you like it or not, a pleasure of life. it's absolutely mind boggling sad to see 15-16 year olds up in arms about that snickers bar they just ate.

now this is what i'm talking about,you don't need science to tell us otherwise when we have people like me and you SAYING that sugar is a problem for them.

Now maybe sugar itself isn't directly to blame?,but the side effect associated with large ammount of the stuff?.

give a man a key he cannot not open the door, give him something free and he'll resell it to the poor (c'est la vie)

Hendrixisgod...i noticed a massive diffrence to everything to do with my body once i cut sugar right down.

but a word of warning...don't cut out TOO MUCH as that can be problem!

no more bs

do ur research

and what u know ,

so u may feel energized once u had a coke , a couple hours u will feel tired and u will need another coke, this is all bad for ur health dont drink soda it is poison,

develop cancer , get sick quicker , or change ur diet and be healthy its up to u its ur life

all carbohydates cause the same insulin response

1 cup of oatmeal = 50-54g carbs

50-55g carbs in the form of high gi (dextrose, maltodextrin, etc) will cause the same exact insulin response as oatmeal

the difference? just how fast the insulin response is.

now this is what i'm talking about,you don't need science to tell us otherwise when we have people like me and you SAYING that sugar is a problem for them.

Now maybe sugar itself isn't directly to blame?,but the side effect associated with large ammount of the stuff?.

no more bs

do ur research

and what u know ,

50-55g carbs in the form of high gi (dextrose, maltodextrin, etc) will cause the same exact insulin response as oatmeal

no more bs

do ur research

and what u know ,

Anything causes an insulin response...fat, protein, whatever. The difference with carbohydrates that are considered "low gi" is that for the most part, they dont overburden the pancreas and do not increase blood glucose excessively high....this leads to a lesser chance of fat storage and better long term health.

fat can be stored without insulin present making GI pretty much worthless. see edited post.

caloric balance is what determines fat storage or not. it is physiologically impossible to store fat without a surplus of calories. dont reference me the horseshit cop study, either, because it was flawed if you actually read the full text

put 2 people on a maintenence or below diet. group 1 eats skittles for their carbs and group 2 eats oatmeal. assuming identical calories there will be no difference in fat storage. much literature/medical journals (not sure if you can get medical journals) show this.

but ok.

Look wiseguy, you're wrong. PERIOD.

You simply need to understand what insulin DOES and why a CALORIE IS NOT A CALORIE. There are too many variables to say that nobody can gain weight unless they're in caloric surplus (tell that to all the type 2 diabetics out there) - such as insulin resistance, thyroid insufficiency, JUST TO NAME A FEW.

You just need to educate yourself, right now you are making yourself out to be a jackass. I will correct your nonsense when I have time after tomorrow....

lol we have a voodoo nutriition idiot here biggrin.gif you guys are fun to play with because no matter how you slice it you end up being wrong sad.gif

Insulin's primary role is to

inhibit lipolysis (various mechanisms). Note that the mere presence of fat in the bloodtream also inhibits lipolysis with NO increase in insulin.

and

activate LPL (which mobilizes fatty acids from chylomicrons for storage).

Insulin also increases glucose uptake into the fat cell but I bleieve ASP does as well (ASP activation also increases insulin release from thepancreas).

But ASP is the key player in the actual fat storage. It does appear to be regulated by insulin somewhat but the mere presence of chlyomicrons in the bloodstream activates it as well.

ASP also increases re-esterification of fatty acids, via decreasing teh activity of HSL, and it also stimulates the release of fatty acids from the chylomicron via lpl. It can also sensitise the beta cells for the next batch of incoming glucose which is pretty cool.

Case in point, rats bred without adipose LPL get fat just fine. rats bred without adipose ASP do not.

the problem with your argument is that old books/literature still use:

insulin -> fat storage model

except that this is incomplete and borderline incorrect at this point in time.

unfortunately you are obviously not in the field professionaly or you'd know this.

i like arguing with guys like you cuz you follow such outdated models. it's like teaching a kid how to walk smile.gif

jackass? ok. too bad you had to bring out the insults. this is what i do for a living kiddo tongue.gif

i can probably get you some actual medical journals if you'd like to educate yourself. if not, ok. but that's just human being stubbornness

let me just ask you, though, do you even KNOW what ASP is? haha..

now run along, google or pubmed some outdated literature and i'll shut it down bb_smile.gif

btw, just to give you something clear cut to debate:

the basic reasoning, that you gave was, insulin = storage hormone + dietary fat = bodyfat

problems

1. It takes only tiny amounts of insulin to affect fat cell metabolism.

2. Protein more than sufficiently raises insulin this much so protein + fat works just as well to both inhibit fat cell mobilization and stimulate storage of nutrients.

3. Insulin is important to increase LPL activity. Lpl was thought to be rate limiting for fat storage but this is not the case. All LPL does is release fatty acids from chylomicrons.

4. Acylation stimulation protein (ASP) is the real player in triglyceride synthesis in the fat cell. It is stimulated by the mere presence of chylomicrons in the bloodstream and is insulin independent.

whether you end up gaining or losing fat will depend on 24 hour fat balance (oxidation - intake) which will essentially be 24 hour calorie balance.