Photo

DO NOT drink COKE or ANY FIZZY drinks!!!!!!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
92 replies to this topic

#1 Ryan Valmont

Ryan Valmont

The Rated R Superstar

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 4
About Me

Posted 04 September 2004 - 11:13 AM

Ok before i get spammed and flamed by the "EVIDENCE?!?!!!ONE!!!"

I know what i'm about to say is a FACT as i've been the test subject for it.

About a year ago now,i was working as an admin assistant that was always using the phone and i always had to concentrate pretty hard.

Back then i use to drink fizzy drinks like Tango,Coke,Dr pepper etc...about 1-2 bottles a day.
I found i was ALWAYS tired,couldn't concentrate,short term memery was VERY VERY VERY BAD...also my hearing was bad (whenever somebody said something i'd have to ask for them to repeat themselfs)

So i decided one day to cut out fizzy drinks due to a mixture of concern for my teeth cracking every month and i read in my country's main newspaper "The Sun" that fizzy drinks can effect all these diffrent things.

Within 2 day's of giving up ALL fizzy drinks...i was able to

concentrate 90% better
Not as tired or fatiged
Got rid of the headaces i use to get alot
my skin improved slightly
and i just felt %100 better....it was amazing!!!!!

NOW before you flame me...if you drink 1-2 bottles or cans of coke,dr pepper,tango etc....then give it up for a week and come back and thank me (post me some money heheh)

I can put MONEY on the fact your feel ALOT better!

p.s i also did this with chocolate...which i noticed a small improvement in aswell (stress had aless impact on me to do with headaces)
Life is all about living!

#2 omgitspres

omgitspres

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 September 2004 - 11:19 AM

QUOTE (Ryan Valmont @ Sep 4 2004, 10:00 AM)

About a year ago now,i was working as an admin assistant that was always using the phone and i always had to concentrate pretty hard.

Back then i use to drink fizzy drinks like Tango,Coke,Dr pepper etc...about 1-2 bottles a day.
I found i was ALWAYS tired,couldn't concentrate,short term memery was VERY VERY VERY BAD...also my hearing was bad (whenever somebody said something i'd have to ask for them to repeat themselfs)

So i decided one day to cut out fizzy drinks due to a mixture of concern for my teeth cracking every month and i read in my country's main newspaper "The Sun" that fizzy drinks can effect all these diffrent things.

concentrate 90% better
Not as tired or fatiged

NOW before you flame me...if you drink 1-2 bottles or cans of coke,dr pepper,tango etc....then give it up for a week and come back and thank me (post me some money heheh)

p.s i also did this with chocolate...which i noticed a small improvement in aswell (stress had aless impact on me to do with headaces)

coke has not been proven to do any of the following so dont lie..coke wakes u up and makes you hyper why would it disable your hearing & make you tired that sounds like bullsh*t.

#3 Ryan Valmont

Ryan Valmont

The Rated R Superstar

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 September 2004 - 11:31 AM

QUOTE (omgitspres @ Sep 4 2004, 10:06 AM)
QUOTE (Ryan Valmont @ Sep 4 2004, 10:00 AM)

concentrate 90% better
Not as tired or fatiged

coke has not been proven to do any of the following so dont lie..coke wakes u up and makes you hyper why would it disable your hearing & make you tired that sounds like bullsh*t.

Where did i once say it DISSABLES your hearing?....i said because i couldn't concentrate i was asking people to REPEAT themselfs....also if ya can't hear proper sometimes it's not down to your ears.

it's down to your brain not being able to do it's job...making you understand whats said.

ALSO i said that i was the guinea pig and i've tryed it on myself...and if ya need coke to wake you up in the morning...then your not really helping your body much.

Instead of giving me crit...go TRY IT then i'll be able to say "i told you so"

#4 BenKweller

BenKweller

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 September 2004 - 11:36 AM

It doesn't effect hearing or any of that stuff. It's clearly a placebo effect where you thought it would make you feel better and it did. The end.

#5 Ryan Valmont

Ryan Valmont

The Rated R Superstar

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 September 2004 - 11:45 AM

QUOTE (BenKweller @ Sep 4 2004, 10:23 AM)
It doesn't effect hearing or any of that stuff. It's clearly a placebo effect where you thought it would make you feel better and it did. The end.

I disagree,i'm not talking about a mild improvement here.Also yeah,it can effect your hearing if your drinking something that has a chemical that can have an effect on a part of your brain that is used to deciver what someone is saying to you.

Like when your drunk,alcohol stops your brain from functioning like it's suppose to...so compare being drunk to it if you will.

but not that exstreme smile.gif

#6 Jimmy

Jimmy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 September 2004 - 12:39 PM

i have to disagree. I'm a very active person and I went without coke,fizzy drinks for over 2 weeks and I was MORE tired than ever.

What else are you eating? I don't think it's just "dropping cokes". It has to do with your whole diet.

I feel the same if not better drinking one 12 oz. coke a day.

I think its just you.

#7 lowfreq

lowfreq

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 September 2004 - 12:46 PM

I agree with Ryan. There are products that we buy everyday actually make us age faster and break down our immune system -- but we are not told the real facts. These big companies like Coca-Cola and Pepsi have money to advertise false information about these "nuclear drinks" -- they actually kill you slowly, and you experience it first with your teeth, when they start to decay and don't hold up anymore with time. They you start to get tired and wonder why? and your first instinct is to reach for a cold coke can, which you think will give you energy, when in fact it will put you on cloud 9 temporarily and then you will crash and burn..

#8 BomberMan

BomberMan

He might get the ace or the top one,So organise your two's a

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 September 2004 - 01:08 PM

This is what i'v been saying for months.
Its a fact yet so many people choose to live in denial and then wonder why their skin is in such a state, most of whom never even gave the water/diet thing a chance (with a few exceptions).
ah well.....
ya know what they say: "ignorance is bliss"
bb_eusa_wall.gif
I thaught it was a "myth" at one time, but i'v been drinking water/fruit juice for a few months now.
I could never go back to guzzling coke every day again although i do allow myself 1 can per week as a treat, it f*cks you up so badly even though you don't know it.

I have also noticed i massive improvement in my concentration span although it wasn't too bad to begin with i think this is down to the FACT that caffein dehydrates your brain along with the rest of your body.
my mind is clearer, i have more energy, and those nasty bags under my eyes have disapeared for good even after a late night and to top it all off my skin is 90% clear, yay!!!
WATER RULES!! bb_eusa_dance.gif
"I reject your reality and substitute my own."- Adam Savage

#9 tricia

tricia

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 September 2004 - 01:20 PM

I got the following info in my email because I purchase products from this company occasionally. It is an ad but read what the 5th paragraph down says about soda. I haven't researched it all so I can't attest if it's all true.

Volume 1 Issue 14
http://www.electricalbody.com/main.htm

electricalbody.com

Your Body Electric: Stopping the Breakdown

The body is a tremendously resilient electrical machine, but it has limits. Given enough harmful electrical information in any form, it will begin to break down. When synthetic chemical agents are introduced into the body which bypass established electrical metabolical pathways, or when sufficient nutritional data is unavailable for the body to use effectively, disease and illness result.

Toxic by-products from food, water, and air enter the body and begin a process of acidification of the bloodstream that shuts down vital electrical exchanges. This process can be likened to corrosion from the inside, out. Creating an acidic environment in the bloodstream also promotes illness and disease.

Electrical constructs of any given substance determine the way that substance will interact chemically with other electrical constructs. Alter the electrical construct and you alter the chemical reaction. The addition of synthetic chemicals or drugs into the system will result in adverse alterations of the electrical makeup of the other substances. This is manifested by way of uncomfortable and often harmful side effects, and results in the alteration of cellular tissue.

The pH levels of the blood are an accurate measure of electrical homeostasis. Alkaline pH measurements are a sign of electrical homeostasis. Acidic pH measurements are a sign of a body in severe trouble. The body's comfort zone is an alkaline pH level but several substances can create an acidic environment in the bloodstream including carbonated drinks and sugar-filled snacks.

When you drink one can of soda, it takes 32 glasses of purified water to offset the acidity created by the carbonated drink. If you can establish an alkaline environment, you will be less prone to serious and deadly disease. It makes sense to locate a nutritional supplier which provides tools your body can use to reestablish electrical pathways, stop the breakdown of your tissues and return your body to an alkaline environment.

Besides eating a healthy diet including plenty of raw fruits and veggies, you can add alkaline booster drops to your drinking water. This way, you can naturally dissolve floating waste particles in your bloodstream to prolong and support your life. Better yet, search around for a quality water alkalizer/ionizer for your home or office use. Alkaline (and purified) water on demand.

#10 Ryan Valmont

Ryan Valmont

The Rated R Superstar

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 September 2004 - 01:39 PM

It does effect you as likemyself,there are people out there who have tested my theory (and others) and as a result...have seen massive improvements to there bodies.

#11 Jimmy

Jimmy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 September 2004 - 01:48 PM

I might as well stop, even though I drink a gallon of water a day. a bit of a contradiction on my part by drinking cokes and drinking water.

#12 Ryan Valmont

Ryan Valmont

The Rated R Superstar

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 September 2004 - 02:17 PM

QUOTE (Jimmy @ Sep 4 2004, 12:35 PM)
I might as well stop, even though I drink a gallon of water a day. a bit of a contradiction on my part by drinking cokes and drinking water.

lol....just give it a try for a week....if it doesn't work for you,then go back to drinking em.

#13 BenKweller

BenKweller

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 September 2004 - 03:54 PM

Some just like to get out anger for acne/health problems on big companies. Coke is not a nuclear drink. Yes, it degrades teeth -- that is because it has sugar. Try brushing your teeth more often and your problem will be solved. And I completely believe it's a placebo in regards to your hearing. Maybe you got more less/tired, I don't deny that-- but for your hearing to improve by eliminating something from your diet?

Coke doesn't alter brain chemistry enough to affect something like that. If it did, it would be considered a performance enhancing/degrading substance and banned by many sports committees.

#14 Ryan Valmont

Ryan Valmont

The Rated R Superstar

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 September 2004 - 04:10 PM

QUOTE (BenKweller @ Sep 4 2004, 02:41 PM)
Some just like to get out anger for acne/health problems on big companies. Coke is not a nuclear drink. Yes, it degrades teeth -- that is because it has sugar. Try brushing your teeth more often and your problem will be solved. And I completely believe it's a placebo in regards to your hearing. Maybe you got more less/tired, I don't deny that-- but for your hearing to improve by eliminating something from your diet?

Coke doesn't alter brain chemistry enough to affect something like that. If it did, it would be considered a performance enhancing/degrading substance and banned by many sports committees.

I agree with you,but the results and MASSIVE jump in my bodies performance say's otherwise surely?.

Also when i say about the hearing...i think many of you are getting confused with what i'm trying to say.

When your tired and worn out...you tend to be less responsive to your enviroment right?,well when this happens you find yourself unable to concentrate and therefore miss hear things that are said.

So i'm not saying your ear drums or whatever are effected..but your ability to hear and understand what somebody has said to you clearly and loudly.

Kind of like when your on the phone talking to somebody with an acsent...you hear his or her voice..but can't quite understand what's being said untill you ask them to repeat once or twice more times!.

#15 BomberMan

BomberMan

He might get the ace or the top one,So organise your two's a

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 September 2004 - 04:43 PM

Yeah i know what your getting at.......
but its more concentration related than how well your ears are functioning.
when drinking water instead of coke i'm more "switched on" thus responding to my enviroment more efficiently be it the things i hear/see/feel....whatever, the senses are generally sharper.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own."- Adam Savage

#16 blackbirdbeatle

blackbirdbeatle

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 September 2004 - 08:05 PM

It's the sugar. All those things you claim are fact due to the fizzyness have actually been proven as a side effect of too much sugar.

Here's another experiment. Try drinking soda water or any flavourless(sugarless) carbonated water drink and wait and see what happens. Nothing.

This post isn't worthless it just reinforces the bad effects of all the sugar. I think one coke has over 3 tablespoons of sugar in it. That's like 3 weeks worth of sugar on my cereal.

#17 erickaman

erickaman

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 05 September 2004 - 02:35 AM

no more bs
do ur research
coke and high sugar food couse a insulin spike
and what u know ,
what goes up must come down
so u may feel energized once u had a coke , a couple hours u will feel tired and u will need another coke, this is all bad for ur health dont drink soda it is poison,
do urself a favore and keeping doing what ur doing
develop cancer , get sick quicker , or change ur diet and be healthy its up to u its ur life

#18 Ally

Ally

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 September 2004 - 04:06 AM

no more bs
do ur research
coke and high sugar food couse a insulin spike
and what u know ,
what goes up must come down
so u may feel energized once u had a coke , a couple hours u will feel tired and u will need another coke, this is all bad for ur health dont drink soda it is poison,
do urself a favore and keeping doing what ur doing
develop cancer , get sick quicker , or change ur diet and be healthy its up to u its ur life

Agreed.
Currently recovering from prolonged moderate breakout

Current Regim:
Trying to avoid: Dairy/Sugar/Carbs/Processed Foods/Alcohol/Caffeine
Suplements: zinc/multi-vitamin/fish oil/ACV tablets/vitamin C/B5
Topicals:coconut oil/Jojoba oil/ACV AM and PM, washing with olive oil soap, BP AM and PM
Current status: couple of small angry white heads which is annoying but they clear up pretty quickly, mainly red marks and scars though

#19 AlexAlmighty

AlexAlmighty

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 September 2004 - 04:29 AM

70% placebo , 30% dehydration.Thats your answer
I say let me never be complete,
I say may I never be content,
I say deliver me from Swedish furniture,
I say deliver me from clever arts,
I say deliver me from clear skin and perfect teeth,
I say you have to give up,
I say evolve and let the chips fall where they may.
--Fight Club: This is your life

"Its only after you've lost everything that you're free to do anything."

#20 evigrex

evigrex

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 September 2004 - 05:15 AM

QUOTE (lowfreq @ Sep 4 2004, 11:33 AM)
I agree with Ryan. There are products that we buy everyday actually make us age faster and break down our immune system -- but we are not told the real facts. These big companies like Coca-Cola and Pepsi have money to advertise false information about these "nuclear drinks" -- they actually kill you slowly, and you experience it first with your teeth, when they start to decay and don't hold up anymore with time. They you start to get tired and wonder why? and your first instinct is to reach for a cold coke can, which you think will give you energy, when in fact it will put you on cloud 9 temporarily and then you will crash and burn..

Uhhhhhhhhhhh gimme a break
before you judge me take a look at you
can't you find something better to do
point the finger, slow to understand
arrogance and ignorance go hand in hand

- Metallica, "holier than thou"