Photo

Raw Organic Goat Milk Kefir

vitamin vitamins vitamin a niacin calcium selenium milk candida probiotic

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

#1 Thehoper

Thehoper

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 31 July 2011 - 08:05 AM

Ok so about a week ago I finally made my way over to a certified raw organic dairy farm near me. Yeah I know I'm lucky to have one near me, these places are hard to find. Picked me up a gallon of goat milk to experiment, and some fudge for my mom because she's a die hard fudge fan lol.

Had my kefir grains that I ordered off Amazon. Did a thorough cleaning of all my supplies, gallon glass milk jug, wooden spoon, cheese cloth. Poured the milk into the jug, added the grains, stirred, and then wrapped it up with the cheese cloth. They say to let it sit from 12-48 hours, the longer it sits the more potent and also the more sour the taste, so ya pick your poison. Me I didn't care about taste, I want potent, so I let it sit out right about 40 hours.

I've now been drinking this 4 days and am in love with the stuff. I really wanted to add this into my diet for it's amazing benefits on the digestive system, nervous system, great muscle gainer, and the greatest probiotic drink on the planet.

I'm VERY pleased to say that this hasn't caused me one single breakout. I did an experiment in the winter with organic pasteurized cow milk, and ended up with a handful of cysts under my jaw. Not only has this not made me breakout, but the texture and elasticity of my skin feels amazing. Another thing is my gums. It's funny that calcium topic was brought up, because lately I was worried that I wasn't getting enough. I had extremely healthy teeth my whole life, I was a big milk drinker up until last summer when I cut it out cold turkey. In the past year since I've had to get two cavities and they told me my gums weren't too healthy, they thought I was a smoker, WTF? And I brush 2-3 times a day and always keep my mouth clean. So I'm really excited about the kefir getting tons of calcium and have it flow over my teeth and gums. The lining on the inside of my mouth feels fantastic now.

Things I want to point out about Raw Goat Milk:

Goat Milk Vs Cow Milk
* no cream separation due to smaller fat molecules
* protein forms soft curd makes it easily & rapidly digestible
* Rich in amino acids & 8 that body can't produce
* 13% more calcium than cow's milk
* 25% more B-6
* 27% more antioxidant rich selenium
* 47% more Vitamin A
* 134% more potassium
* 300% more niacin
* antimicrobial properties
* more chlorine & fluorine, natural germicides, fluorine assists in preventing diabetes
* contains more silicon tuberculosis, found in cows and not goats
* neutralizes acids
* anti inflammatory properties
* potassium rich
* immune system modulation
* non mucus forming & helps relieves mucus
* non allergenic
* good for lactose intolerant
* easily digested, great for elderly, children, infants, animals

Health Benefits Raw Goat Milk
* relieves brain & nerve disorders
* protects against arthritic conditions
* relieves asthma
* reduces neuralgia
* reduces fluid retention
* defends against liver disease
* reduces your risk of metabolic syndrome by up to 62%
* combats ulcers with effective acid buffering
* removes heavy metal poisoning
* protects against malnutrition
* prevent high blood pressure
* protects against atherosclerosis
* relieves kidney stones & other kidney disorders
* protects against & relieves diabetes
* gastric disturbances
* colitis
* aids poor digestion
* relieves diarrhea
* relieves constipation
* defends against heart disease
* reduces obesity
* IBS
* alkalizes the digestive system
* not acid producing
* increases pH of bloodstream
* cancer prevention
* nourishes & revitalizes dehydrated, damaged skin
* slows effects of aging
* prevents brown spots & skin thickening
* contributes to reconstruction of collagen
* encourages moisture retention
* promotes skin elasticity

What Effect Does Pasteurization Have?

* pasteurization at 145 degrees kills everything
* changes a healthy natural food into a harmful dead food
* associated with mucus formation
* promotes tooth decay
* causes infant colic
* causes allergies
* contributes to growth problems in children
* contributes to osteoporosis
* contributes to and aggravates arthritis
* causes heart disease
* causes cancer
* destroys Vitamin C, B12, B6
* destroys enzymes
* diminishes vitamin potentcy
* kills beneficial bacteria
* promotes pathogenic bacteria

Anyone who has cut out all dairy I'd definitely give a thumbs up for trying this. It can benefit you in so many ways, and will most likely help your acne if not cure it through flushing out candida/toxins, flourishing your body with probiotics and vitamins, and cure gut health. Really amazing stuff.

#2 uncle buck

uncle buck

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 July 2011 - 08:47 AM

Unfortunately raw milk is banned in a lot of places, my entire country being one of them. I tried pasteurized goats milk though and it didn't seem too bad. I had no negative reaction to it, but it didn't feel amazing either.

Do you have an opinion on Sheeps Milk? I've found two cheeses made from raw milk, Goats and Sheep, i'm wondering which one might be better. So far i've tried the sheeps milk cheese and loved it.

Great to hear things are going well for you.

#3 Thehoper

Thehoper

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 31 July 2011 - 09:05 AM

From what I've read sheep's milk is practically identical to goat. It's too bad they banned raw there, but on the bright side your so lucky to live in sydney!! Haha I've always wanted to go to Australia, I'd love to explore the land out there, everyone I talk to just raves about Australia too. And thanks man, at the moment I am doing really well. The goat milk is also letting me sleep like a baby! I drink a cup before bed and am out within 15 minutes, where as before I've been dealing with bad insomnia for the past year, laying in bed at least an hour before falling asleep. And I'm that person who is different depending on how I slept, I love getting a solid deep sleep, the next day I'll be the happiest person around.

#4 Chris-6

Chris-6

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 July 2011 - 12:06 PM

i want to try this. did you wait until you were clear to test dairy? what brand of kefir grains did you get off amazon? i tried making yogurt with raw goats milk before and that didnt turn out so well, bad culture or something. goats milk is great but i think sheep is the best ive been buying sheep milk yogurt pasteurized though.

sheep milk seems to be more potent : higher in calories/minerals/vitamins...

Table 9. Average gross composition, minerals and vitamins in milk (100 g) of 4 species (Kon and Cowie, 1961; Posati and Orr, 1976; Alichanidis and Polychroniadou, 1996)

Sheep Goats Cows Human

Solids, total, % 19.30 12.97 12.01 12.50
Energy, kcal 108 69 61 70
kJ 451 288 257 291
Protein, total, % 5.98 3.56 3.29 1.03
Lipids, total, % 7.00 4.14 3.34 4.38
Carbohydrates, % 5.36 4.45 4.66 6.89
Ash, % 0.96 0.82 0.72 0.20
Ca, mg 193 134 119 32
Fe, mg 0.10 0.05 0.05 0.03
Mg, mg 18 14 13 3
P, mg 158 111 93 14
K, mg 136 204 152 51
Na, mg 44 50 49 17
Zn, mg 0.57 0.30 0.38 0.17
Ascorbic acid, mg 4.16 1.29 0.94 5.00
Thiamin, mcg 80 40 40 20
Riboflavin, mg 0.355 0.138 0.162 0.036
Niacin, mg 0.417 0.277 0.084 0.177
Pantothenic acid, mg 0.407 0.310 0.314 0.223
Vitamin B6, mcg 80 60 60 10
Folacin, mcg 5 1 6 5
Vitamin B12, mcg 0.711 0.065 0.357 0.045
Vitamin A, RE, mcg 83 44 52 58
Vitamin D, mcg 0.18 0.11 0.03 0.04
Vitamin E, mg 0.11 0.03 0.09 0.34
Vitamin C, mg 5 1 1 4

from- http://www.smallstoc...s/sheepmilk.htm

#5 Thehoper

Thehoper

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 01 August 2011 - 06:10 AM

Yeah been clear now for some months,

Kefir Grains:
http://www.amazon.co...-...0309&sr=8-1

and yeah from those stats sheep milk looks fanstastic, I just looked up some info and sheep milk is even easier to digest then goat's milk too! Here in the US I never see or hear about sheep milk.

http://www.drjamesgh...k-vs-goat-milk/

By the way , anyone looking for raw milk near them, here ya go:

http://www.realmilk.com/where4.html

Edited by Thehoper, 01 August 2011 - 06:21 AM.

#6 Balance Bird

Balance Bird

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 August 2011 - 08:30 AM

QUOTE (Thehoper @ Aug 1 2011, 07:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah been clear now for some months,

Kefir Grains:
http://www.amazon.co...-...0309&sr=8-1

and yeah from those stats sheep milk looks fanstastic, I just looked up some info and sheep milk is even easier to digest then goat's milk too! Here in the US I never see or hear about sheep milk.

http://www.drjamesgh...k-vs-goat-milk/

Yay! I am going to try this! One of my friends that lives right next to me has goats! How lucky! They also sell goat milk at the store. I think unpasterized is healthier for some reason. I think pasteurizing it does something bad to it.

Does it have vitamin D? I know this is random, but is there a way to get vitamin d without a supplement in the winter? I live in the region where even if you go outside in the winter you are screwed.

Is it possible that I went outside everyday for two weeks in Bermuda and my back acne cleared up. But as soon as I came back home my acne came right back. My diet was pretty much the same, if not worse there. I was eating cake and everything.

Did my body really use up all the vitamin d already? Am I that deficient in it?

By the way , anyone looking for raw milk near them, here ya go:

http://www.realmilk.com/where4.html

#7 neverforget

neverforget

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 August 2011 - 10:55 AM

QUOTE (Thehoper @ Jul 31 2011, 04:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
From what I've read sheep's milk is practically identical to goat. It's too bad they banned raw there, but on the bright side your so lucky to live in sydney!! Haha I've always wanted to go to Australia, I'd love to explore the land out there, everyone I talk to just raves about Australia too. And thanks man, at the moment I am doing really well. The goat milk is also letting me sleep like a baby! I drink a cup before bed and am out within 15 minutes, where as before I've been dealing with bad insomnia for the past year, laying in bed at least an hour before falling asleep. And I'm that person who is different depending on how I slept, I love getting a solid deep sleep, the next day I'll be the happiest person around.

I hope you don't mind, but may I ask if you know what causes the insomnia? You've got a super clean diet, and I believe I've heard you speak of regular exercising before, so I'm just curious to what it might be. Even though I have similar habits, it can take me a while to finally shut down, but I believe it's more due to an overactive concious.

Ireland doesn't prohibit raw milk, but it won't sell directly to consumers on the high street and in supermarkets. I'll have to hunt down a farm or pay a visit to the farmer's market in hopes of finding some. Cheers for the post, man.

#8 Thehoper

Thehoper

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 27 August 2011 - 01:14 PM

Crystal: Could be the vitamin D or just the miraculous job sunlight can do for skin. It's insane how doctors prescribe all that crap for acne and tell them to avoid all sunlight. What a recipe for disaster. Just ranting but yeah, I listed raw vs pastuerized, but my advice would be try RAW goat milk, make it into kefir, and get plenty of sun. And yeah I see ya live in MA, so from oct-april the sun is pretty much MIA, same with me in buffalo. Thank god I'm moving to phoenix in a month!!! eusa_dance.gif

Fellow Irishman: Glad I can help bud. I believe my insomnia was caused by low tryptophan, which causes low melatonin levels, restlessness and other problems. But that is just a guess, all I know is milk really helps me shut down and sleep, and sleep well through the night.

Like I said it's worth trying it out. And again I want to emphasize raw over pastuerized. I tried different pastuerized milks before, organic, top of the line etc, all broke me out. Raw = no problems. No digestive problems, it actually completely benefits my digestive track, it's just been amazing for me all around. I see myself drinking raw goat kefir the rest of my life.

#9 Balance Bird

Balance Bird

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 August 2011 - 06:25 PM

QUOTE (Thehoper @ Aug 27 2011, 02:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Crystal: Could be the vitamin D or just the miraculous job sunlight can do for skin. It's insane how doctors prescribe all that crap for acne and tell them to avoid all sunlight. What a recipe for disaster. Just ranting but yeah, I listed raw vs pastuerized, but my advice would be try RAW goat milk, make it into kefir, and get plenty of sun. And yeah I see ya live in MA, so from oct-april the sun is pretty much MIA, same with me in buffalo. Thank god I'm moving to phoenix in a month!!! eusa_dance.gif

Fellow Irishman: Glad I can help bud. I believe my insomnia was caused by low tryptophan, which causes low melatonin levels, restlessness and other problems. But that is just a guess, all I know is milk really helps me shut down and sleep, and sleep well through the night.

Like I said it's worth trying it out. And again I want to emphasize raw over pastuerized. I tried different pastuerized milks before, organic, top of the line etc, all broke me out. Raw = no problems. No digestive problems, it actually completely benefits my digestive track, it's just been amazing for me all around. I see myself drinking raw goat kefir the rest of my life.

I love you. I think the hormones meant for baby whatever, our bodies can handle. But when our bodies are f-ed up from so many anitbiotics and steroids in meats, and are continuously exposed to it that it just can't do it's job anymore. Yay for RAW!

#10 maistro

maistro

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 August 2011 - 05:54 AM

So your not concerned about the dangers of unpastureized? I'm in Australia too and im just reading now about how it's banned and i just wonder why the bloody hell would it be bad. I guess for the general public it is but acne sufferes need the stuff as the alternative is what triggers inflammations etc.

#11 Thehoper

Thehoper

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 28 August 2011 - 07:41 AM

In america any raw dairy farm is inspected at least every TWO WEEKS. The old man at the farm I go to loves to talk, and every time I go there he has somethin else to tell me. He says at least every two weeks and sometimes every week, they come in and take samples of the milk and do thorough testing. Not have have they never found any problems, but he has been drinking raw goat milk since the 1930's, 80 years old and still in great shape. He makes his milk into kefir as well, he drinks a quart a day. Him and his wife. They also produce pastuerized milk for stores and what not, and he will tell anyone he will NEVER drink any patuerized milk, very interesting.

#12 Balance Bird

Balance Bird

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 August 2011 - 07:37 PM

**deleted** There should be a delete button.

Edited by Crystaltheparislover, 29 August 2011 - 07:19 AM.

#13 Balance Bird

Balance Bird

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 August 2011 - 07:15 AM

Ok, sorry if this has been asked and answered, but you said you broke out from an "experiment" with pasteurized milk. Was it a kefir-ing experiment, or a let me just see how my body handles this milk after being clear experiment? I am really afraid of drinking homemade kefir made from pasteurized milk. I don't really have access to raw, at all. So, I guess I will just make coconut milk kefir, and keep them growing in some milk.

Also, I was wondering how the probiotics in the kefir (keh-fear?) survive? I mean, once you take the grains out, there is only so much sugar for them to munch on; wouldn't they eventually die? SO many questions, I know, and I am terribly sorry. I am curious. I mean what do the probitoics actually live on that keep them alive, separately from what keeps the kefir grains alive?

Oh, and then. Say you made kefir with milk kefir grains that only survive off of lactose. Doesn't that mean the probiotics need lactose to live in your tummy, but what if you don't eat/drink milk. Hmmph.
wub.gif

Edited by Crystaltheparislover, 29 August 2011 - 07:18 AM.