Photo

spiroo log

probiotic

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
79 replies to this topic

#1 ilivelaughlove

ilivelaughlove

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 30 July 2011 - 10:35 PM

im 100 pounds and am on 50 mgs spiro one 25 mg in the mornings and one 25 mg at night.
im also taking birthcontrol which i have been on for years.

basically my acne history is iv had acne since 8th grade been breaking out ever since even after trying everything (proactive,accutane,minociylin,doxy,soldyn,acne free,climindicin,diffren,duac,tretinotion theres more but its been so long i dont remeber) i still have not been 'completely' clear. i have gone through so much trial and error i can literally now pinpoint exactly when im gonna breakout,foods i need to avoid for breaking out and what causes my breakouts (you get the jist of it) basically im on a mission to be completely clear which i think if you know what triggers it then why can't you stop it??

i eat pretty healthy, i rarely eat fast food drink a ton of water take probiotics{i recomend these for anyone) and take a fishoil supplement once a day by following this routine and being on birthcontrol my face looks prettyyyyy good all through out the month EXCEPT if i eat something really sugary or proccessd {think mcdonalds lol} or when i have my period. iv really tried to go all natural in the diet and skincare but there are some things you just CANT fix naturally aka hormones. no matter what i do i always breakout at my period around my jawline then after that its totally manageable the rest of the month. but those cystic pimples that pop up within that week take a while to heal so basically im over it and am giving spiro a try to see if my predictions are correct and i can really be acne free

today is day 11 on it and so far so good in terms of decreased oil production hopefully seeing more improvment soon

Edited by poppinpoprocks, 30 July 2011 - 10:36 PM.

#2 ilivelaughlove

ilivelaughlove

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 31 July 2011 - 05:23 PM

DAY 12 on spiro

im not expecting AMAZING results yet but i think there might be a slight diffrence in the texture of my skin. it seems to be sort of sloughing off easier i guess?? or mabye more flaky would be the correct term? its not really bad or anything but iv just noticed it feels a little bit different also my scalp seemed a little bit flaky too so mabye im not just imagining my face being like that

any input?

#3 ilivelaughlove

ilivelaughlove

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 01 August 2011 - 12:50 AM

i noticed something interesting today is that a little area on my face there are theses tiny tiny little bumps that are not under the skin but rather look like something has been pushed out of my pores??

anyone have this happen to them i can still feel them after washing my face and its like there just sitting on my skin

im stumped lol

#4 ilivelaughlove

ilivelaughlove

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 02 August 2011 - 02:25 PM

14th day

i feel really good about taking this so far. i really have no new breakouts and my skin seems to be less oily.

i also wanted to mention a discovery i made this month that literally changed the way i look at my face.

so i have been using clindamycin in the morning and tretinotin at night for over a year and i recently read an article about benzoyl peroxide and how some countries are banning it because it slows the healing process of the skin and can cause pigmentation. so i stopped using clindamycin like two months ago and have just been using tretenotin at night,AND OH MY GOSH the texture of my skin has changed so much i used to have indented rolling scars(i have never picked m face) from inflamed acne that i used to be pretty selfconcious about, like they were definatly noticeable but not "super bad" i suppose lol and now there literally disapering!!!! like i have smooootthhh skin now. i seriously was so suprised that from stopping my product with BP and just using a retanoid that i could get results like this its amazing!!!

anyway that was my little discovery ha hah

#5 ilivelaughlove

ilivelaughlove

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 02 August 2011 - 08:01 PM

QUOTE (ihavetaste @ Aug 2 2011, 02:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Did you experience an IB with Spiro? I'm about to start taking 50mg once a day and I'm also 100 lbs. I don't eat fast food, I drink tons of water, green smoothies (kale, kale, kale) and I stay away from foods that break me out (wheat, dairy, sweets).

I'm just scared to start taking it and experience the IB if it has one because I'm fighting a breakout at the moment as it is! I'm also kind of concerned about side effects, have you experienced anything negative? Or positive?

this sounds exactly like me ha hah and no i didnt really have an inital breakout i was breaking out horribly when i started from a sucky birthcontrol and now its all going away. i guess id say u pee more?? for me it makes no diffrence since i drink a ton of water and it goes right thru me anyways i really think tho that if u dont start seeing results immediatly that u should stick it out,thats what im gonna do and especially since were so light. im doing really good on that dose right now so id be afraid to go up in case i got lightheaded or something.

iv read somehwere that ppl that go on spiro can start eating foods that would normaly trigger breakouts too. im gonna start experimenting with this probly next month because sugars,dairy and junk food can really cause a breakout for me but i think spiro will really help since it blocks hormones that these foods can spike.

#6 ilivelaughlove

ilivelaughlove

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 04 August 2011 - 03:43 PM

16th day on spiro

things are still really good, my face is healing so well {so i hope not to jinx it} no new cystic breakouts, its gonna be interesting to see how my time of month goes tho since thats when the breakouts usually occur,by then i will be on my 30th day of spiro hmmmm we shall see...

#7 ilivelaughlove

ilivelaughlove

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 07 August 2011 - 10:01 PM

DAY 19

my face has been doing really good since on spiro and the only type of breakouts [if id really even call it that] are superficial and nothing i cant handle. no new cystic acne and hoping it stays that way.

#8 ilivelaughlove

ilivelaughlove

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 13 August 2011 - 01:21 PM

Day 25

so far i am reallllyyyy happy with how well my face is doing, the only place i would say i am getting slight acne is along my hairline cause its summer and super hot so i sweat lol

for anyone who is using spiro i would really recommend taking a bcp AND probiotics with it this has really been working for me and i could not rave about probiotics more! especially live probiotics (they will be ur bestfriend) i also am taking 100 mg of doxy that i had left over from a while ago in case i had initial breakout, i dont think it helps much though since my acne is seriously hormonal and iv used doxy like 3 times already and weened off of it fine before without a signifigant diffrenece so i think im gonna stop that soon cause i feel antibiotics are pretty harsh.

Edited by poppinpoprocks, 16 August 2011 - 02:00 PM.

#9 ilivelaughlove

ilivelaughlove

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 16 August 2011 - 02:23 PM

day 28

so far my skin is has been pretty consistent since starting spiro i did have a very mild breakout the other day around my mouth which i think was either caused from this new toothpaste that i bought or that the night before i got the breakout i had very little sleep either way my sleeping is back to normal since i have always noticed how much sleep i get can really affect my acne enough sooo i Reallllyyyy think its important to get at least 7 to 8 hours (iv gotten cyctic breakouts from lack of sleep,yikes!) and since my breakout iv stopped using that toothpaste and so far i have not noticed anything new so im hoping it was either one of the two of those things that caused it. luckily it was only a few little pimples around my mouth and not cystic acne thank god!!! lol

im hoping i can get through my period without breaking out terribly im getting kinda nervous though since im going to get it next week so i hope it goes well :/

for anyone who is on spiro even if you want immediate results i really would reccomend being on a bc and on a low dose of spiro and just stick it out. being on a super high dose of spiro may give you the immediate results ur looking for but if u actually wanna keep having clear skin for loonnngg term i think it would be much safer to start on a small dose and let it take its time to really kick in. i know that my acne is hormonal and thats what im planing on doing at least until i grow out of it

#10 ilivelaughlove

ilivelaughlove

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 17 August 2011 - 06:47 PM

day 29

soooo my face still looks pretty good right now id say i have pretty mild acne,i had a little breakout this week which i thought was from my toothpaste or something but i actually looked back at what i was doing diffrently this week and realized iv been eating a ton of flaxseed in the morning! i just remembered this moring when i went to go make pancakes from a recipe that i had only started using this week and realized that i was consuming alot of flaxseed which i think irritates my skin because it has before. soooooo basically i stopped using flaxseed now and this week will be really interesting becuase im already starting to get cramps for TTOM. ughhhhhhh im hopin spiro really helps with not making my breakouts as bad this weeek i think thats how ill be able to tell if its really working.

#11 ilivelaughlove

ilivelaughlove

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 24 August 2011 - 01:04 AM

day 34

sooooo i made it through my period without any cystic acne thank jesus lol this is a really big plus for me as i rarely get thru a period without cystic acne. i had have a very mild breakout around my jaw and chin area but that was pretty much it. im suprised at how fast this seems to be working cause im not really expecting any signifigant improvement till at least the 3rd month,but so far my body seems to be taking to it veryyyy well a little reminder to anyone reading this is that i am still on only 25mgs of spiro twice a day and am 100 pounds.

hopefuuully even more progress to come i really feel good about this. smile.gif

#12 g0oo0f

g0oo0f

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 25 August 2011 - 02:08 AM

Glad to hear this is going so well for you!!! I hope it continues to get better and better smile.gif just a quick question, what type of acne did you have before you started? Like, I have lots of little bumps (whiteheads I guess you could say) that are just underneath the skin but some of them form into cysts and cause major breakouts. I wanted to try Spiro but my doc wouldn't prescribe it, I'm in Diane now but if it doesn't work than I'm gonna find someone who will give me Spiro! Just wondering if you had the same type of acne I did, I'm 100 lbs and tiny too so I figure maybe it will work for me like it did for you rolleyes.gif but everyone is different!

#13 ilivelaughlove

ilivelaughlove

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 25 August 2011 - 07:25 PM

QUOTE (g0oo0f @ Aug 25 2011, 02:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Glad to hear this is going so well for you!!! I hope it continues to get better and better smile.gif just a quick question, what type of acne did you have before you started? Like, I have lots of little bumps (whiteheads I guess you could say) that are just underneath the skin but some of them form into cysts and cause major breakouts. I wanted to try Spiro but my doc wouldn't prescribe it, I'm in Diane now but if it doesn't work than I'm gonna find someone who will give me Spiro! Just wondering if you had the same type of acne I did, I'm 100 lbs and tiny too so I figure maybe it will work for me like it did for you rolleyes.gif but everyone is different!

thank you!!! the type of acne i have is clearly hormona andl since i have been on the right kind of birthcontrol i really only get breakouts around my period and the only problem area for my acne is if you went down from each corner of your lips and in that area. like not really on my cheek?? but by my jaw, if that makes any sense. the rest of my face is really not a problem and ill get some small zits here and there either by my temple from sweat or from wearing my makeup alllllll day long but nothing noticeable except around my mouthish area where ihave gotten cystic acne. hope that helps!!

#14 ilivelaughlove

ilivelaughlove

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 02 September 2011 - 01:21 PM

day 43 or 44

skin looks pretty good i only have one noticeable or bigish pimple arould my jawline mouth are other than that my face looks good. i frickin wish i didnt have to wear face makeup tho!!! especially cause its summer and soo hot it which means i get sweaty AND with makeup on i feel like that irritates my face more. if i didnt have to worry about wearing makeup to cover hyperpigmentation my face would seriously look awessooommmeee but sadly i still have to wait a good month or so for the purplish marks or whatever u wanna call them lol, fade away. sigh*

in take fish oil,probiotics and am gonna start zinc agian today which i take on and off
by the way still on two 25mgs of spiro a day
and only using tretinotin at night not taking doxy anymore just on birthcontrol

#15 ilivelaughlove

ilivelaughlove

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 06 September 2011 - 06:17 PM

day 47

my skin is doing reallllyyy good right now in terms of acne im in the middle of my pack which is 2 weeks away from my period and this is usually when its the best. i dont have any new cystic acne coming up havent had that in a while suprisingly although during my last period i did have kinda noticeable acne around my jawline hopefully at the end of the month i can determine if i really want to stay on 50 mgs cause its working great sofar and id much rather stay on a low dose in the long run

#16 ilivelaughlove

ilivelaughlove

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 09 September 2011 - 03:43 PM

day 50

had a follow up derm appointment today which was the first time shes seen me since starting spiro, she seemed really glad that im doing so good on it and wrote me up for another 3 month supply of 25mgs twice a day. i told her i wanted to be in it for as long as i could because im doing so well and id hate to go back to my on and off course of antibiotics and she said "yeah its really not a harmful drug so you can go on it that long" of course i was suppppperrr glad to hear that cause its working wonders and if iv finally found my magic little pill i wanna take it for as long as i can biggrin.gif

#17 Fedupofadultacne

Fedupofadultacne

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 25
About Me

Posted 10 September 2011 - 03:32 PM

QUOTE (poppinpoprocks @ Sep 2 2011, 02:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
day 43 or 44

skin looks pretty good i only have one noticeable or bigish pimple arould my jawline mouth are other than that my face looks good. i frickin wish i didnt have to wear face makeup tho!!! especially cause its summer and soo hot it which means i get sweaty AND with makeup on i feel like that irritates my face more. if i didnt have to worry about wearing makeup to cover hyperpigmentation my face would seriously look awessooommmeee but sadly i still have to wait a good month or so for the purplish marks or whatever u wanna call them lol, fade away. sigh*

in take fish oil,probiotics and am gonna start zinc agian today which i take on and off

My hyperpigmentation would just not fade until i started using 10% aha morning & evening then they just suddenly faded. maybe that would help with your marks too?

#18 ilivelaughlove

ilivelaughlove

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 10 September 2011 - 09:04 PM

QUOTE (Fedupofadultacne @ Sep 10 2011, 03:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (poppinpoprocks @ Sep 2 2011, 02:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
day 43 or 44

My hyperpigmentation would just not fade until i started using 10% aha morning & evening then they just suddenly faded. maybe that would help with your marks too?

im scared to use anything with benzoyl perioxide right now i was using a cream with that previously and it seemed to make my marks worse and take longer for them to heal

#19 ilivelaughlove

ilivelaughlove

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 10 September 2011 - 09:09 PM

day 51

gosh darnet :/ i guess i spoke too soon

from the middle of yesterday to today i seem to have gotten two zits around my jawline my period is 1 and a half weeks away and this time last month was when i started to get a little breakout out all the way up until my period was over. ahhhhhhh! im not very happy about this since the week before this my skin looked really good

has anyone experienced the same thing? and when (if on spiro) did u finally stop breaking out around ur period like 2 months? 3 months in?

im kinda aggravated now that im gonna have to deal with this for over a week :/

#20 feebedel

feebedel

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 September 2011 - 10:33 PM

I'm about two and a half months in and am on 150mgs. But I still get a little acne before my period but it's like a white head or two around my chin. Nothing cystic really. Some people didn't see full results until like 6 months. It really depends. But I'd look to see results around month 3-6.
-Feebedel
-150mg Spironolactone since July 5th, 2011
-Finacea gel since June 15, 2011