Photo

Stopped Ortho and not only am I breaking out but Im losing my beautiful hair :'(

hormones ortho fish oil zinc

4 replies to this topic

#1 jojo3

jojo3

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 July 2011 - 06:22 PM

I am 28 and Im trying to go off BC (ortho low) for the 2nd time. I tried once before 2 years ago after a bad break up and I had not only horrible skin but my beautiful hair became sooo thin. I went back on after 2 months of the hair loss and it stopped. Well, Im trying it again! Im hoping that the stress of the break up also a reason for the hair loss the 1st time. I dont want to be a slave to arteficial hormones forever and my mother expressed to me that she didnt have the easiest time getting pregnant. Has anyone else experienced this? How long of a battle before the body regulates?? I did start fish oil, a B complex, zinc, and peppermint tea.. which stopped the cystic breakouts but im still dealing with the bumpy cheeks/jaw and hairshedding

#2 Jennaaaay

Jennaaaay

I've finally learned not to go crazy when I breakout

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Getting rid of ACNE/SCARS :D

Achievements

Posted 30 July 2011 - 07:45 PM

I have never heard of anyone with hair loss from Ortho but I have heard people losing hair because of B15 vitamin...well one of the B vitamins...

#3 jojo3

jojo3

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 July 2011 - 11:24 PM

QUOTE (Jennaaaay @ Jul 30 2011, 07:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have never heard of anyone with hair loss from Ortho but I have heard people losing hair because of B15 vitamin...well one of the B vitamins...

I wasnt taking any vitamins until recently. I do believe the zinc zapped the cystic acne. Fingers crossed, Im continuing with the vitamins. I know my hormones are going bananas. Ive heard good things about evening primrose. Im going to try that soon.

#4 NatalieEllen

NatalieEllen

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:44 PM

The hair loss could be from a combo of the stress from the breakup & quitting bc will mess w/ your hormones, putting your hair into a resting stage & then shedding. I hope things have gotten better for youPosted Image

#5 LoveGreenSmoothies

LoveGreenSmoothies

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 12 October 2012 - 10:07 PM

I've heard of vitex helping people transition off the pill.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users